PDA

View Full Version : Sergio Scariolo Says He Plans To Coach In The NBA Next Year, Already Had An NBA Offer

Euroleague
10-01-2015, 06:00 PM
The head coach of the Spanish national team, Sergio Scariolo said that he already was offered to coach an NBA team for this season (Toronto Raptors) and that he plans on coaching in the NBA next season, if he gets an offer from a better team.

http://www.eurohoops.net/2015/10/eurobasket/131160

SCARIOLO: “NBA IS STILL MY GOAL”

By Yiannis Bouranis/ info@eurohoops.net

Spain won another gold medal in the Eurobasket, the third one under Sergio Scariolo, and the federal coach gave an interview in the “Corriere dello Sport” and referred to the biggest target of his coaching career.

“It’s not in my plans to be the coach of a club this season, because the Olympic Games will take place next summer. But, I hope next summer I will have an offer from an NBA team and will be better than the one I received this year. Never say never, though, because NBA is my goal,” said the Italian coach, who, early in the summer, was in discussions with the Toronto Raptors.

========================================

Again, the NBA proving what amateurs they are in knowing anything about European basketball. Scariolo is a good coach, but he's probably something like a top 15 or so coach in Europe, at best. So in the minds of the NBA, that means he must be of course, "the best coach in Europe". That will be the claim made by all of US media the instant this comes up, especially by clowns like Mark Stein and Adrian Wojna whatever his name is.