PDA

View Full Version : I love KG

CeltsGarlic
10-06-2015, 06:44 AM
will there be another player this crazy and passionate?

celtics in rome (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0OdeuCqFaU)

KG just passing time, preaching ni66as :lol

Fallen Angel
10-06-2015, 06:51 AM
Draymond Green doesn't have the echoing voice, but he does have the passion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4laXLA0vakI

Fallen Angel
10-06-2015, 06:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1f9fErEehE

StephHamann
10-06-2015, 07:06 AM
KG is the fakest tough guy of all time

bigkingsfan
10-06-2015, 07:21 AM
Artest, Wallace, Cousins.

CeltsGarlic
10-06-2015, 07:24 AM

Thats draymond green

Smoke117
10-06-2015, 07:27 AM
oh god little kkg dick sucker;z;zlja'da
fd
afda
sfdasfda
sgfas
df
a
Efh
fsdz f
rw b
n

meltdown, amriite.

CeltsGarlic
10-06-2015, 07:35 AM
oh god little kkg dick sucker;z;zlja'da
fd
afda
sfdasfda
sgfas
df
a
Efh
fsdz f
rw b
n

meltdown, amriite.

It seems one on your keyboard.

Clifton
10-06-2015, 07:56 AM
I always had the impression that KG was not as tough as he acted. Watching him play it was clear he didn't like contact, wasn't great at feeling out situations with lots of pressure. It's why he always shot the fadeaway.

The real tough guys were guys like Pierce. Pierce loved contact, loved bodying up a guy to see what he could pull off. Wanted his defender as close to him as possible when he went up to shoot. KG's game was much more aloof, much less spontaneous.

Pointguard
10-06-2015, 01:23 PM
KG is the least pretentious player in the league. He the farthest guy from wanting or trying to be anything. He's just crazy intense. He cares less of what people think about him than anybody else in the league, thats a direct contradiction of being fake.

Was he tough? Sure he was. He nearly weighed as much as Pierce and lead the league in rebounding for three straight years. And was among the top for about seven years. How many skinny 240 lbs versatile players have ever lead the league once?

StephHamann
10-06-2015, 02:35 PM
KG is the least pretentious player in the league. He the farthest guy from wanting or trying to be anything. He's just crazy intense. He cares less of what people think about him in the league, thats a direct contradiction of being fake.

Was he tough? Sure he was. He nearly weighed as much as Pierce and lead the league in rebounding for three straight years. And was among the top for about seven years. How many skinny 240 lbs versatile players have ever lead the league once?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6u3BUqz4-Q

Legends66NBA7
10-06-2015, 03:00 PM
will there be another player this crazy and passionate?

Results matter more than that.

Pointguard
10-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Results matter more than that.

Was anybody making a comparison??? He said crazy which automatically means he's not trying to say its the best quality to have.

But to your suggestion above... most people would rather have a passionate life than a championship, especially a second championship.

T_L_P
10-06-2015, 05:26 PM
KG is the least pretentious player in the league. He the farthest guy from wanting or trying to be anything. He's just crazy intense. He cares less of what people think about him than anybody else in the league, thats a direct contradiction of being fake.

He tried ruffing it up with Robinson and when David pushed him back a good five feet he resorted to slapping Duncan when he wasn't even looking.

And you say he wasn't trying to be something? :oldlol:

warriorfan
10-06-2015, 05:29 PM
GayG is the most overrated player of all time who never won anything before his massive collusion with HoF alphas.

Pointguard
10-06-2015, 09:51 PM
He tried ruffing it up with Robinson and when David pushed him back a good five feet he resorted to slapping Duncan when he wasn't even looking.

Help me out but KG had intense exchanges with a good 12 other players because he's intense. You don't prove yourself tough by going at two dorks. You don't really believe that do you???

Lebron23
10-07-2015, 06:03 AM
He's gonna get the Hakeem Olajuwon treatment once he retires in the NBA.

Hittin_Shots
10-07-2015, 11:30 AM

Not sure many ppl would fair well against Robinson..

WayOfWade
10-07-2015, 12:22 PM
FOCUS
http://welloffforever.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/KEVIN-GARNETT-NET-WORTH3.jpg
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b7acIe8xDIE

CeltsGarlic
10-07-2015, 12:27 PM

Different body types. KG did well and played to his strenghts. Nothing to discuss here about somewhat "not tought" playstyle

j3lademaster
10-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Who cares about how "tough" KG was? It didn't keep him from being one of the GOAT defensive pf's and leading the league in rebounding. This was a guy who was on par with prime Timmy, and is what Anthony Davis aspires to be.

T_L_P
10-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Help me out but KG had intense exchanges with a good 12 other players because he's intense. You don't prove yourself tough by going at two dorks. You don't really believe that do you???

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here.

He initiated a fight with David (for whatever reason). David pushed him, and KG got so scared he had to run away and slap Duncan when he wasn't looking.

That's the definition of pretending to be tough.

Legends66NBA7
10-07-2015, 12:50 PM
Was anybody making a comparison??? He said crazy which automatically means he's not trying to say its the best quality to have.

Which in turn makes me not care for it. KG was one of the best players ever because of his talent and work ethic. Trying to be bring personality traits don't matter much to me, although being passionate obviously had something to do with that. Majority of great NBA players are pretty passionate, though.

But to your suggestion above... most people would rather have a passionate life than a championship, especially a second championship.

Like what I said above, both go hand in hand most of the time.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-07-2015, 03:15 PM
GOAT teammate, GOAT intensity, GOAT versatility, GOAT leader, GOAT IQ, GOAT defender arguably

http://www.businessinsider.com/image/4fd1ef9beab8ead215000001/garnett.gif

http://i.imgur.com/vhPtvaA.gif

warriorfan
10-07-2015, 03:20 PM
damn, GayG just did some push ups on the court! he so intense breh

Fallen Angel
10-07-2015, 03:23 PM
I fail to see how it's possible that people are confusing passion with toughness.

ArbitraryWater
10-07-2015, 03:24 PM
GOAT teammate, GOAT intensity, GOAT versatility, GOAT leader, GOAT IQ, GOAT defender arguably

http://www.businessinsider.com/image/4fd1ef9beab8ead215000001/garnett.gif

http://i.imgur.com/vhPtvaA.gif

KG isn't close to GOAT leader/teammate.. especially not leader.

Sometimes he's like Sheed on roids. Can do it all it seems, just resents the aspect of being 'the Man'.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-07-2015, 03:34 PM

Sometimes he's like Sheed on roids. Can do it all it seems, just resents the aspect of being 'the Man'.

Paul Pierce: "Let's face it: Without Kevin we can't win a championship. I'm replaceable, Ray's replaceable, Rondo. But you can't replace Kevin."

Paul Shirley in 2007 (pre-Boston trade): "Having spent a similar amount of time in the semi-intimate company of both men, I can say confidently that two people couldn't be more different. Kevin Garnett is one of the most impressive humans I've ever been around. Kobe Bryant isn't. As a strict contrarian, I wish it weren't so. But in this case, there have been no mischaracterizations. Garnett is noble, loyal, and larger-than-life. And, again, Bryant isn't. Garnett is a throwback superstar, a Bill Russell for the modern age. When some people conjure up Russell they visualize the consummate winner, a man who led his teams to 11 NBA championships. But I link the two men by personality. By all reports, Russell shares Garnett's intelligence, grace, and intensity."

76ers assistant coach Jim Lynam and Doc Rivers: "That guy," Jim Lynam said, speaking of Boston's Kevin Garnett, "it's easy to say you like him because his talent is that obvious. But he's got something else, something special about how he comes at you. Something almost Birdlike." He said the last part quieter, as if it should be more solemn than the rest. It is not something the Sixers assistant coach says lightly, or often. "No," Lynam agreed. "It is not."

"The other night, I felt like we won by 1,000 points, and I was worried about this one," Boston coach Doc Rivers said. "It's the kind of game that can be a trap against a team that plays as hard as Philly. But the reason I didn't have to worry was I knew Kevin would not let them let down." Rivers was given the Bird analogy, for fierceness of play, for sheer competitiveness, and he nodded. "Yes," Rivers said, "and Russell. He's got that demeanor. Bird and Russell."

Celtics legendary announcer Mike Gorman, who has been with team since Bird's rookie year, on leadership: "Sometimes, you love your job, but there is one part of it that you don' t like," Gorman relates. "That's how I see Pierce. With Garnett, Paul does not have to do that anymore. Paul tried to be the vocal leader, but it is not in his nature to stand up and speak in the locker room. Ray Allen is a great leader, but he is not very demonstrative. Garnett would give me a glare if he heard me say this, but ultimately, he will be the defining guy on this team."

"I don't think there is any question Kevin is the leader of the team," Gorman said..."Garnett is such a once-in-a-lifetime character. I've been doing this for 27 years. I've seen players have equally intense moments as Kevin Garnett has had, but I've never seen a player who has so many of them. It's been remarkable to be around him. He just raised the bar for everybody."

Garnett makes Pierce follow: Early in the season, the Celtics were running suicides in practice. Garnett was hustling ahead of the group, quickly becoming the leader Celtics brass knew he could be and the team needed. Many wondered how Pierce, the titular head of a previously bad team, would respond. He didn't seem jealous, but this day he was in one of his typical Joe Cool moods, languidly running the drill. Garnett stopped as he hit midcourt and yelled back at Pierce: "Are you going to run with me?!"

A tone was set for everyone to hear.

Brian Scalabrine in 2008: I try to get a sense of what ethereal elements might have altered the chemistry of the Celtics, but I am told that the difference is not intangible; it's tangible, and it's not complicated. "This is my seventh year in the N.B.A. I've been to the finals twice, and those teams were great. But they were not like this team," Scalabrine says. "And the reason why is Kevin Garnett. The media perception about Garnett is real. When Kevin walks into the facility and the weight room, he jokes around and makes fun of guys. But then about 15 minutes before practice, it's all focus. It's all work. If he is not clear about something, we don't move on until we are all clear. He solves a lot of problems. I mean, I've played with good players. I played with Jason Kidd, and Kidd is an incredible gamer. But he was never as demanding of his teammates the way Kevin is. Not half as much. Not a quarter as much.

He is also, by all accounts, an ideal teammate. He's uninterested in media opportunities and goes out of his way to distract self-adulation. Though Garnett is clearly the club's highest-profile commodity, Pierce, the team captain, remains the last player announced over the P.A. when the Boston starters are introduced; this is the kind of gesture that has no practical application, but it symbolizes a lot within the insular society of the team. It's especially significant to someone like Pierce

"Look, I can keep saying a million clich

ProfessorMurder
10-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Which in turn makes me not care for it. KG was one of the best players ever because of his talent and work ethic. Trying to be bring personality traits don't matter much to me, although being passionate obviously had something to do with that. Majority of great NBA players are pretty passionate, though.

Like what I said above, both go hand in hand most of the time.
So you want him to throw a punch and get kicked out of the game?

You really think Robinson, one of the nicest Christian athletes ever would've thrown down, let alone in a broadcasted game?

Right... keep being delusional

ProfessorMurder
10-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Too bad you're completely wrong.

Pointguard
10-07-2015, 09:23 PM
I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say here.

He initiated a fight with David (for whatever reason). David pushed him, and KG got so scared he had to run away and slap Duncan when he wasn't looking.

That's the definition of pretending to be tough.

What I was saying is that pretenders wouldn't go after Dorks (Robinson and Duncan) to prove that they are tough. KG is intense and crazy and that why that went down. Two great contemporary HOF PF's basically called Robinson a wimp, one knocked him out on the court, and the other was his teammate. You don't go after guys with that type of reputation to prove that you are tough.

In defense of teammates KG has gone after Artest and Mcdyess. He initiated close to fights with Dwight Howard, West and Noah. Got in a heated exchange with Ben Wallace. All of which have a bigger rep than Robinson. But not once was it because KG wanted to look like a tough guy. KG's approach to the game is crazy, aggressive and intense. Stuff happens when you are like that in any sport and in any gym. He won best interview twice, in all sports. He is who he is.

TheBigVeto
10-07-2015, 09:24 PM

He is a fake tough guy.

But he's a great teammate, unselfish, passionate and busted his ass for his team.

Pointguard
10-07-2015, 09:40 PM

I see what you are saying.

I never seen a player that played more intense than KG on both sides of the ball. Jordan is the only guy I have on his tier. And KG was playing like that for a losing organization without much direction - he never soured, he never stopped playing team ball, never was outworked for like 8 straight years with this intensity.

T_L_P
10-07-2015, 09:54 PM
What I was saying is that pretenders wouldn't go after Dorks (Robinson and Duncan) to prove that they are tough. KG is intense and crazy and that why that went down. Two great contemporary HOF PF's basically called Robinson a wimp, one knocked him out on the court, and the other was his teammate. You don't go after guys with that type of reputation to prove that you are tough.

In defense of teammates KG has gone after Artest and Mcdyess. He initiated close to fights with Dwight Howard, West and Noah. Got in a heated exchange with Ben Wallace. All of which have a bigger rep than Robinson. But not once was it because KG wanted to look like a tough guy. KG's approach to the game is crazy, aggressive and intense. Stuff happens when you are like that in any sport and in any gym. He won best interview twice, in all sports. He is who he is.

You're really over-complicating things and acting like these guys have time to sit back and plot these exchanges.

Here are the facts:

Some T-Wolve player gets into it with Robinson (I think it was a jump-ball and they weren't letting go of the ball)

Garnett comes bursting in and starts getting in D-Rob's face

Robinson pushes Garnett five feet back

Garnett runs away, waits for a few seconds, then slaps Duncan on the back of the head when he's not looking

I'll say it again: that's the definition of fake tough.

He thought he'd get into with Robinson, realised David would have eaten him alive, run away like a little girl and resorted to taking a cheap shot

You talking about Garnett getting into an almost-fight with Dwight Howard 20 years later means nothing to this discussion.

And you're bringing up McDyess? Garnett was rushing backwards and pretending to throw punches the entire time.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-08-2015/MwH1j3.gif

How about Peeler rocking that jaw, making KG look like a complete wimp?

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-08-2015/VBnl67.gif

Fake toughness = acting like you're about to fight someone then running away when it gets real. I'm sure Garnett felt safe because he was on a basketball court, but the times someone actually did something to him (David, Peeler, McDyess), he shriveled up.

Edit: I forgot Garnett didn't back down from Parker (02) and Calderon. Please disregard everything I said. This guy is tough!

Pointguard
10-07-2015, 10:55 PM
You're really over-complicating things and acting like these guys have time to sit back and plot these exchanges.

Here are the facts:

Some T-Wolve player gets into it with Robinson (I think it was a jump-ball and they weren't letting go of the ball)

Garnett comes bursting in and starts getting in D-Rob's face

Robinson pushes Garnett five feet back

Garnett runs away, waits for a few seconds, then slaps Duncan on the back of the head when he's not looking

I'll say it again: that's the definition of fake tough.

He thought he'd get into with Robinson, realised David would have eaten him alive, run away like a little girl and resorted to taking a cheap shot
You can't be for real. Robinson was known as a wimp. How many guys in the league were trashed before getting knocked out and then have his HOF teammate talk about how soft he was? This is your imagination talking. I seen that incident and you are imagining stuff.

You talking about Garnett getting into an almost-fight with Dwight Howard 20 years later means nothing to this discussion.

And you're bringing up McDyess? Garnett was rushing backwards and pretending to throw punches the entire time.
He first pushed him and then threw the ball at him for his teammate - something you don't see much at all these days. But you have interpretation problems. Artest manhandled Pierce and KG pushed him off. KG is the only current player I seen do this more than once. And KG was one of the few players to lead his team in every major category and doubled up as the enforcer as well. You have to be really smart to do that and stay in games while staying the most intense player in the game.

How about Peeler rocking that jaw, making KG look like a complete wimp?

That was an obvious bait. But help me out here. Is Duncan a wimp by the same token??? Duncan wanted to stay in the game. You interpret and imagine stuff the wrong way.

Fake toughness = acting like you're about to fight someone then running away when it gets real. I'm sure Garnett felt safe because he was on a basketball court, but the times someone actually did something to him (David, Peeler, McDyess), he shriveled up.

Edit: I forgot Garnett didn't back down from Parker (02) and Calderon. Please disregard everything I said. This guy is tough!

OhhhK, you just don't get it. You guys see the world as it is in elementary school park. Basketball toughness isn't about fighting. KG is there to win games. He's not trying to set up a rank and order of who is toughest. That's not for your star player in any sport. You haven't figured that out yet. It affects your endorsement money, it could even affect him buying a team. You guys are totally delusional if you think its suppose to be a fight every time. When you are a mature man its never about the stuff you are talking about above. You might get tough for your family, but rarely anything else.

Basketball toughest, among professionals, is when your will and desire clashes with the other big boys on the court where it counts. Mostly its boards. KG won 4 rebound titles because he could mix it up.

I fail to see how it's possible that people are confusing passion with toughness.
Do you now?

T_L_P
10-07-2015, 11:16 PM
OhhhK, you just don't get it. You guys see the world as it is in elementary school park. Basketball toughness isn't about fighting. KG is there to win games. He's not trying to set up a rank and order of who is toughest. That's not for your star player in any sport. You haven't figured that out yet. It affects your endorsement money, it could even affect him buying a team. You guys are totally delusional if you think its suppose to be a fight every time. When you are a mature man its never about the stuff you are talking about above. You might get tough for your family, but rarely anything else.

You know, you'd have a brilliant argument here if KG was actually staying in the games to win - but he wasn't.

The dude has been ejected multiple times which has no doubt cost his team games. If he was pulling these stunts in order to get others ejected, then by all means praise him for his smarts. But he didn't.

He got ejected with Dwight. He got ejected for bullying Parker. He's been ejected for numerous scuffles he's been involved him.

It's not some great mental game - like I said, it's just Garnett acting rough and not following through, and it's not because he wants to stay in the game (as seen by his multiple ejections).

Speaking of Artest, here are his thoughts on toughness:

I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn’t do anything, he didn’t react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett’s ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I’m sayin’? That’s gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a…he’s a pimp.”

I detest physical violence (in the game and in real life). But what I despise even more is guys pretending they're about that kind of thing then punking out when actually posed with that situation.

That's what Garnett is: a guy who can't control his temper and who has been punked by lots of players.

Now, he's undoubtedly one of the great leaders in the game, so don't get me confused there.

But tough? Ironically, being tough is the one thing you described about KG but got totally wrong: it's being able to control a situation while staying in the game and winning. That's not KG.

swagga
10-08-2015, 02:11 AM
You know, you'd have a brilliant argument here if KG was actually staying in the games to win - but he wasn't.

The dude has been ejected multiple times which has no doubt cost his team games. If he was pulling these stunts in order to get others ejected, then by all means praise him for his smarts. But he didn't.

He got ejected with Dwight. He got ejected for bullying Parker. He's been ejected for numerous scuffles he's been involved him.

It's not some great mental game - like I said, it's just Garnett acting rough and not following through, and it's not because he wants to stay in the game (as seen by his multiple ejections).

I detest physical violence (in the game and in real life). But what I despise even more is guys pretending they're about that kind of thing then punking out when actually posed with that situation.

That's what Garnett is: a guy who can't control his temper and who has been punked by lots of players.

Now, he's undoubtedly one of the great leaders in the game, so don't get me confused there.

But tough? Ironically, being tough is the one thing you described about KG but got totally wrong: it's being able to control a situation while staying in the game and winning. That's not KG.

you are arguing with a guy who is on the gang banger rose payroll. Do you truly expect him understand duncan's leadership and the benefits of composure on the court?

Pointguard
10-08-2015, 03:45 AM

He hardly ever got ejected (only once between 25 and 33 years old). But I saved that for the end of this post. Of course, there are going to be extremes where it goes too far, because nice guys like Ray Allen have gotten into it a couple of times.

Also I am not one to get sidetracked by off topic side bars.

Name me the ones where he cost his team. You showed two clips and he didn't get ejected in those games. They were losing in nearly every incident I could recall. You are getting happy about something that you just said without checking. In the DH situation KG was playing 20 minutes a game on a non competitive team in NJ. It didn't cost them. I don't recall this Tony Parker situation?

Your whole premise is wrong. He's not starting fights to be tough this doesn't happen much at the HS level. That's why you keep getting lost. If you are an intense guy you want your opponent to get tense, tight or intense because it works to your advantage. This whole idea that he's starting to pretend he's a tough guy is... well... childish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaTV9Yd0t8U
In your way describing things he went back five feet and lost his aggression after KG pushed him. Artest isn't a punk by any measure but that incident could be described exactly the way you imagined the Robinson thing to happen.

Name me a more intense player? He's never had more than 1 ejection in a year. You are just making shat up. He's the most straight forward player in the league. I don't know anybody who watched him and can't see that he's antagonizing and has never really brought a situation to blows when he wasn't enforcing a situation for teammates. When you consider that he is the the inspirational leader, the enforcer, and the guy who will likely take the toughest assignment defensively his few ejections stand out.

You should feel embarrassed at that lame attempt of providing a meaning for toughness. But since you went there:

You are aware that in their primes KG only got ejected four times between 2000 and 2010 (Duncan and KG were both only ejected twice between 2002 thru 2010). That's amazing when you consider that Duncan is mild mannered, not the enforcer on his team, had a military type style coach, was in a great situation, had maybe two skirmishes with a great organization that was winning. That's amazing when you consider that KG played for a crap organization, was the enforcer, was easily the most intense player in the league, had the burden of being the inspirational leader as well, was waaaay more aggressive with opponents, played for a crap organization that was loosing and had like 14 skirmishes, and got an ejection for the team once. What KG did was more impressive than what Duncan did by a big margin.

So if you are on KG like this... its double on Duncan. In fact KG with all the skirmishes would fit your incredibly corny definition quite well.