PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie to drive to the basket more selectively, avoid injuries, help playmaking

chips93
10-06-2015, 04:26 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-10-06/kyrie-irving-knee-injury-prevention-playoffs-cavaliers?eadid=SOC%2FFB%2FSNMain

Kyrie has said at media day that to avoid getting injured he is going to be more selective in when he drives to the basket to avoid unnecessary knocks.

He's a great slasher so this will likely hurt him as a scorer, but his jumper is still money.

This new temperament could lead to him becoming a better passer. For his first couple seasons I thought he was criticised unfairly for having poor assist numbers, since his team mates were trash, and when lebron came, obviously he was gonna do the bulk of the ball handling.

This new approach could lead to him becoming a better passer, since he's surround by such great weapons, and now he'll be more focused on getting them involved

Hopefully lebron wont have to expend as much energy getting other guys going if kyrie can carry more of the play making load.

AnaheimLakers24
10-06-2015, 04:45 PM
every player says theyll change their game in the offseason.

Dbrog
10-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Doesn't really make sense to me since their offense almost 100% relies on he or bron slashing and then kicking out. GL with that Kyrie

Mr. Jabbar
10-06-2015, 04:50 PM
every player says theyll change their game in the offseason.

:lol so true! i bet kyrie will do his usual thing this year as well as lebron. hopefully it doesn't include going 2/7 :(

All Net
10-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Can't see him changing the way he plays..he wouldn't be kyrie otherwise

RedBlackAttack
10-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Can't see him changing the way he plays..he wouldn't be kyrie otherwise
Meh, if he pulls up more of the time instead of driving all the way to the cup so often (ala Tony Parker), he could be just as deadly. He certainly has the midrange game to be great with that kind of offense.

chips93
10-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Doesn't really make sense to me since their offense almost 100% relies on he or bron slashing and then kicking out. GL with that Kyrie

more touches for love, and more ball movement

hopefully the team trusts blatt more this year, and they can rely more on set plays and motion offense than isos and pick and rolls.

RedBlackAttack
10-06-2015, 05:21 PM
more touches for love, and more ball movement

hopefully the team trusts blatt more this year, and they can rely more on set plays and motion offense than isos and pick and rolls.
My fingers are crossed, although I've always thought that LeBron James is going to be running a LeBron James offense regardless of who his coach or teammates are. I'd be very surprised if LeBron just hands over the controls to Blatt all of a sudden this year. He might relent a little more, but it is always going to be a give and take.

And, too much of that LeBron-centric offense will always make you a contender, but it will always also put a cap on how great your team can be, imo.

warriorfan
10-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Oh look, LeBron ball forces more successful players to change their games. Good thing this is only the first time this has happened...

Mr. Jabbar
10-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Oh look, LeBron ball forces more successful players to change their games. Good thing this is only the first time this has happened...

:roll:

:(

Vaniiiia
10-06-2015, 05:28 PM
:roll:

:(
Dude.

chips93
10-06-2015, 05:34 PM
My fingers are crossed, although I've always thought that LeBron James is going to be running a LeBron James offense regardless of who his coach or teammates are. I'd be very surprised if LeBron just hands over the controls to Blatt all of a sudden this year. He might relent a little more, but it is always going to be a give and take.

And, too much of that LeBron-centric offense will always make you a contender, but it will always also put a cap on how great your team can be, imo.

Totally agreed on that second paragraph. with shooters and a big who can screen, the floor on a lebron dominated offense is relatively high.

One of those seasons in miami he played more power forward, and posted up more, and miami had great ball movement. so theres always hope.

unfortunately we dont have anybody with pat riley's cachet in cleveland.