PDA

View Full Version : Zach Lavine To Start

FireDavidKahn
10-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Justin Termine
‏@TermineRadio
Sam Mitchell told @Jumpshot8 & I @ZachLaVine will start the season as the SG for the @Timberwolves #NBARadioTCT #TWolves

Justin Termine ‏@TermineRadio 23 mins23 minutes ago
Not sure what it means for K Martin, but Mitchell told me LaVine "absolutely, absolutely will start" at 2..Rubio called LaVine best at camp.

Justin Termine ‏@TermineRadio 23 mins23 minutes ago
You can hear Mitchell & LaVine tomorrow at 7pm ET on @SiriusXMNBA... They both address news he will start season as starting SG...
:pimp:

GIF REACTION
10-06-2015, 07:11 PM
No one cares about your trash ass team kid

Legends66NBA7
10-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Martin probably gets traded. Shabazz... eh, will he break 40 games this year ?

FreezingTsmoove
10-06-2015, 07:16 PM
That boi is making the jump

all my lightskin brothers rejoice

JohnMax
10-06-2015, 07:30 PM
if u are gonna develop a future star like lavine might as well get him as many minutes as possible and let him figure it out

Cocaine80s
10-06-2015, 07:34 PM
In.

SpursAllDay
10-07-2015, 12:16 AM
Sounds like a smart move by Twolves considering how Martin is getting

AnaheimLakers24
10-07-2015, 12:42 AM
Hope he defends his title

JerrySeinfeld
10-07-2015, 02:00 AM
How was his defense last year?

SwishSquared
10-07-2015, 02:11 AM
How was his defense last year?Really bad but his C&S 3-point % was better than Martin's apparently. Starting him is a stealth tank mode and will force him to adapt, I bet.

BoutPractice
10-07-2015, 05:09 AM
Most interesting young team in the NBA...

Wiggins' elegant scoring moves, LaVine's dunks, Rubio's passes, and now they've added a versatile 7 footer who can block shots, finish the alley oop and shoot it from outside in KAT... should be fun to watch.

Clifton
10-07-2015, 07:12 AM
The future looks bright for Minnesota, but I'm not totally sold on LaVine yet.

If he's good enough to be Bradley Beal, though, and an average defender, and if Rubio can stay healthy, the Timberwolves have a great young core. Can it compete for a title though? They seem more on a par with last year's Blazers to me. But they could be one trade away about 2 years from now.

IGOTGAME
10-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Really bad but his C&S 3-point % was better than Martin's apparently. Starting him is a stealth tank mode and will force him to adapt, I bet.

Feel the same about the tank mode part. Last year he had a very negative impact on the court overall imo. He was a horrible point guard.

RidonKs
10-12-2015, 11:43 AM
just saw this in the zach low article at grantland

lavine is way too raw but sg on this squad is perfect for him.

you could argue bad spacing on the merit of rubio and lavine being subpar shooters and wiggins and towns not exactly being spot up guys. but this team is just going to run run run so much its going to make people's head spin.

unless of course flip saunders botches the rotation. there are several guys here that do not fit the billing; pekovic and garnett can't run up and down the floor, kevin martin and andre miller are system players... shabazz mohammad seems about right for either lineup tho, he'll be a terrific plug for whatever they need.

anyway as it stands flip seems to have it right starting the young guys and bringing the savvy vets off the bench. the hard part is mixing and matching to maximally develop your young guys at the same time you keep your old dogs engaged.

btw i really hope rubio blows ppl away this season. my hunch is that his struggles have been mostly mental. it's these lapses that you just know aren't usual for him since he's such a precise player... he'll get overaggressive on defense and commit a foul, get mad at himself... or hesitate to shoot an open 18 footer, get mad at himself.... miss a free throw, get mad at himself

i think all the youth and potential and energy around him will bring out the best of his game this year

lavine will make noise on the highlight reels but nowhere else. 12 ppg max but really there aren't enough touches for him to establish a presence.