PDA

View Full Version : Harden claims to be the best in the business.

bobopenguin
10-07-2015, 01:56 AM
"I am the best player in the league. I believe that," he said. "I thought I was last year, too."

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/fran_blinebury/10/06/james-harden-houston-rockets-ready-to-show-more-in-2015-16/index.html

:facepalm

Bran family, pls do ur things..

http://s4.postimg.org/yt92dh4sr/cf_1.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/ir1l20xzl/cf_2.jpg

clutchfans at its finest... loved u guys..

JerrySeinfeld
10-07-2015, 01:59 AM
If he keeps his level of play from last year up, he'll be 3rd behind Davis and Durant.

FreezingTsmoove
10-07-2015, 02:02 AM
He is

Durant injured

AD :lol win a playoff game first

Westbrook willed and clawed his team to an 8th seed until the Spurs choked against the Pelicans (OKC led Brook team would be 1st seed in east) so unfortunately Swagbrook cant be considered number 1

BMC is not even the best player on his team

2/6

Blake choked hard after CP got injured in game 6

So really who is left? I honestly felt Harden was the best player in the L last year

bobopenguin
10-07-2015, 02:04 AM
if AD wants to force trade to houston, Morey will send Harden's ass with picks to Pelican in 5s.

Fudge
10-07-2015, 02:07 AM
He actually was the best player last year. In the regular season anyway.

At least he got that right.

bobopenguin
10-07-2015, 02:11 AM
we can hate Bran as much as we want, and i am his super big fan.

Lebron was the best player.
MVP either goes to curry or Harden.
AD remains as most untradeble/precious player in the entire nba, KD follows.

players like WB, Blake, Cousins can be traded, but with huge huge huge price.

dubeta
10-07-2015, 02:13 AM
Like 5 different players said they were the best player in the league this offseason

LeBron said it in the Finals

Thats the difference, saying it in the middle of the Finals vs. saying it in the offseason

Sorry kids, LeBron is still the best player in the league, 10 years and counting (2005-2015) :banana:

WayOfWade
10-07-2015, 02:18 AM
Barkley thought the same thing, until he got to the finals against MJ and got it handed to him

BoutPractice
10-07-2015, 04:57 AM
I've always thought Barkley was a pretty good comparison for Harden.

A player who looks like he shouldn't be as good as he is... an out of shape alcoholic with an unorthodox style, yet one who is insanely talented at basketball and is a true statistical nightmare.

Like Barkley, he might win an MVP some day but I'd be surprised if he ever leads his team to the championship (unless someone else plays the mental leadership role on the squad).

Gileraracer
10-07-2015, 05:30 AM
Sorry kids, LeBron is still the best player in the league, 10 years and counting (2005-2015) :banana:

That's why roleplayers won back2back finals MVP over him :lol

All Net
10-07-2015, 06:18 AM
Bet all the top players think they are the best.

StephHamann
10-07-2015, 06:34 AM
James Harden: Warriors aren't 'even that good'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8-s962O2PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

sportjames23
10-07-2015, 06:58 AM
Like 5 different players said they were the best player in the league this offseason

LeBron said it in the Finals

Thats the difference, saying it in the middle of the Finals vs. saying it in the offseason

So...what happened in the Finals?

warriorfan
10-07-2015, 07:16 AM
step back jumpers and free throws

harden fuccing sucks

GIF REACTION
10-07-2015, 07:31 AM
Cocaine Worth More Than Gold *****

k0kakw0rld
10-07-2015, 08:05 AM
He is

Durant injured

AD :lol win a playoff game first

Westbrook willed and clawed his team to an 8th seed until the Spurs choked against the Pelicans (OKC led Brook team would be 1st seed in east) so unfortunately Swagbrook cant be considered number 1

BMC is not even the best player on his team

2/6

Blake choked hard after CP got injured in game 6

So really who is left? I honestly felt Harden was the best player in the L last year
You mentioned 2/6 but he is the only one out of the people you mentioned that won a ring and FMVP.

KembaWalker
10-07-2015, 09:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQr185KWcAALP5E.png

Dro
10-07-2015, 11:57 AM
He can claim what he wants. I'm still taking Lebron, Davis, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, all over him, without a second thought. If Paul George is completely healthy, I'd probably take him too...

Vaniiiia
10-07-2015, 12:03 PM
He can claim what he wants. I'm still taking Lebron, Davis, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, all over him, without a second thought. If Paul George is completely healthy, I'd probably take him too...
Harden is better than Curry and got robbed for the MVP.

That MVP award is the only reason people are putting Curry with all these other guys; LeBron, Durant, Davis... but he's not in the same league. Neither is Harden but he's certainly better than Curry. Way more impact. Curry is the better long-range shooter and that's it... Harden kills him attacking the basket, play-making/passing, ball-handling, feel for the game. Harden is the better player, no doubt.

Harden carried his team, while Curry was carried. Don't get it mixed up.

GoatBoy
10-07-2015, 12:05 PM
James Harden: Warriors aren't 'even that good'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8-s962O2PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

"Damn y'all... these guys are too good, beat us twice already. Ain't no way in hell we beating em this time around"

Dro
10-07-2015, 12:09 PM

That MVP award is the only reason people are putting Curry with all these other guys; LeBron, Durant, Davis... but he's not in the same league. Neither is Harden but he's certainly better than Curry. Way more impact. Curry is the better long-range shooter and that's it... Harden kills him attacking the basket, play-making/passing, ball-handling, feel for the game. Harden is the better player, no doubt.

:coleman:

Yeah ok, lets see how many open looks Green and Thompson get without Curry drawing all the defensive attention. I don't care who won MVP, I don't care what the media thinks. I think Curry is a better player than Harden. He's more efficient, stretches the court AND gets the rim. And he actually tries on defense, not that he's good, but he tries, more than I can say for Harden.

And I'm aware Harden gave more effort on defense last year, and it was still bad.

Harden is either shooting long 3's, or shooting free throws and not playing any defense. And I'm supposed to believe he's better than Curry. Of course not...

And you saying Harden is a better passer/playmaker is an absolute joke. And feel for the game? What is that? lol. Whatever it is, Curry seems to have a better FEEL than Harden also.

WayOfWade
10-07-2015, 12:11 PM
Thinking frankly though, I like his mindset. Do I agree with him? Absolutely not

SOD 21
10-07-2015, 12:13 PM
All top 10 players believe that they are the best player in the world, or so it seems, whether that is LeBron, Kevin Durant, Anthony Davis, James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Steph Curry, etc. etc.

But the simple reply to James Harden is, no, you're not. There's a top-tier of players in the Lebron, Durant and Anthony Davis and then a second-tier of players like Harden, Westbrook, Curry and Paul.

UK2K
10-07-2015, 12:48 PM
[QUOTE]

Vaniiiia
10-07-2015, 12:52 PM
:coleman:

Yeah ok, lets see how many open looks Green and Thompson get without Curry drawing all the defensive attention. I don't care who won MVP, I don't care what the media thinks. I think Curry is a better player than Harden. He's more efficient, stretches the court AND gets the rim. And he actually tries on defense, not that he's good, but he tries, more than I can say for Harden.

And I'm aware Harden gave more effort on defense last year, and it was still bad.

Harden is either shooting long 3's, or shooting free throws and not playing any defense. And I'm supposed to believe he's better than Curry. Of course not...

And you saying Harden is a better passer/playmaker is an absolute joke. And feel for the game? What is that? lol. Whatever it is, Curry seems to have a better FEEL than Harden also.
Harden is actually the better defender, and tougher to score against.

In terms of play-making and passing it isn't close. Harden has a better feel for the game, sees the court a lot better, and his passing ABILITY shits on Curry's. It isn't close.

Curry is surrounded by a bunch of two-way players that can finish anywhere on the court. Giving all the credit to Curry is the most retarded thing someone can do. Warriors stayed healthy and had the best offense AND defense in the league. The defensive part has nothing to do with Curry... and his offensive impact is incredibly overrated. They were never a top offensive team until THIS year.... why? Because Kerr, health, and the pace they played at. Curry was just a cog in the machine.

Curry was the one who benefits from guys like Green, Thompson, Iggy, Bogut, Lee, Barnes, Speights, and Kerr's past paced offense. He put the ball in Thompsons hand a lot more than in the past, and it payed off.

I think most of the credit goes to Kerr, and health. Curry is surrounded by the best role players in the game, and his off-ball game flourished because of that. He didn't need to play-make or handle the ball as much... Kerr knew he was a trash PG so he just had him run around off screens from Green and put the ball in Thompson's hands, Boguts hands, Iggys hands. Kerr somehow turned them into the best team in the league on both sides of the ball. He's a genius and deserves most of the credit.

Megabox!
10-07-2015, 01:02 PM
So...what happened in the Finals?
He nearly averaged a 37 point triple double on a depleted team against the healthiest and best team in the league? :confusedshrug:

Megabox!
10-07-2015, 01:04 PM
I'd honestly rather take LBJ, KD, Curry(possibly) over Harden in any type of playoff scenario. This new season is going to be interesting

bobopenguin
10-07-2015, 07:47 PM

i admire ur passion, but.. wow..

Dro
10-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Harden is actually the better defender, and tougher to score against.

In terms of play-making and passing it isn't close. Harden has a better feel for the game, sees the court a lot better, and his passing ABILITY shits on Curry's. It isn't close.

Curry is surrounded by a bunch of two-way players that can finish anywhere on the court. Giving all the credit to Curry is the most retarded thing someone can do. Warriors stayed healthy and had the best offense AND defense in the league. The defensive part has nothing to do with Curry... and his offensive impact is incredibly overrated. They were never a top offensive team until THIS year.... why? Because Kerr, health, and the pace they played at. Curry was just a cog in the machine.

Curry was the one who benefits from guys like Green, Thompson, Iggy, Bogut, Lee, Barnes, Speights, and Kerr's past paced offense. He put the ball in Thompsons hand a lot more than in the past, and it payed off.

I think most of the credit goes to Kerr, and health. Curry is surrounded by the best role players in the game, and his off-ball game flourished because of that. He didn't need to play-make or handle the ball as much... Kerr knew he was a trash PG so he just had him run around off screens from Green and put the ball in Thompson's hands, Boguts hands, Iggys hands. Kerr somehow turned them into the best team in the league on both sides of the ball. He's a genius and deserves most of the credit.
Some of what you said is true, Ill give you that. But if you think Harden is a better passer or sees the court better than Curry than we might as well be done here.......

:confusedshrug:

outbreak
10-07-2015, 07:56 PM
http://photos.toofab.com/gallery-images/2012/10/FFN_Kardashians_Miami_semi_BRJ_101012_50911747_gal lery_main.jpg

lil jahlil
10-07-2015, 08:02 PM
To be fair, Harden believes that free throws are the most important part of basketball.

inclinerator
10-07-2015, 08:14 PM
tier 1:
lebron
durant
cp3

tier 2:
curry
wb
harden
davis

IllegalD
10-07-2015, 08:15 PM
tier 1:
lebron
durant
cp3

tier 2:
curry
wb
harden
davis

Switch CP3 with Curry and you got it right.

Tier 1 guys make it past the 2nd round with stacked teams.

Straight_Ballin
10-07-2015, 08:16 PM
He nearly averaged a 37 point triple double on a depleted team against the healthiest and best team in the league? :confusedshrug:

He shot his team out of the game actually, resulting in the men who covered him to win FMVP.

44-6-8 (38 FGA and shot 47.4%)
39-11-16 (35 FGA and shot 31.4%)
40-8-12 (34 FGA and shot 41.2%)
20-8-12 (22 FGA and shot 31.8%)
40-11-14 (34 FGA and shot 44.1%)
32-9-18 (33 FGA and shot 39.4%)

knicksman
10-07-2015, 08:32 PM

:oldlol: Goes to show that these bran stans are just statnerds. Heres 2/6 coz you love stats so much. LOL

bobopenguin
10-07-2015, 11:25 PM
tier 1:
lebron
durant
cp3

tier 2:
curry
wb
harden
davis

... ok.. davis is tier 2..

GrapeApe
10-07-2015, 11:44 PM
There's probably 20-30 players who legitimately believe they're the best player in the league, and several more who think they're capable of being the best player in the league.

bobopenguin
10-08-2015, 01:03 AM
There's probably 20-30 players who legitimately believe they're the best player in the league, and several more who think they're capable of being the best player in the league.

that's why u need someone to put these ppl at their places..
Mike put everyone at their places.. then shaq put everyone at their places..
then kobe put bran at solid no.2 (i am a big bran stan), then bran put KD at solid no.2.. now AD is putting curry/harden at their places..

ppl mustnt force things.. if u are not the best, dont claim u are the best..

in this year, dont even think that u are the best if u cant beat lebron.

RoseCity07
10-08-2015, 01:05 AM
Fake confidence. It's sad really. When someone says something that you know they don't really believe it just tells you that they're insecure.