PDA

View Full Version : If Golden State repeats, does Curry become the best player in the league?

JohnMax
10-07-2015, 02:32 AM
discuss

Inferno
10-07-2015, 02:41 AM
Eh, he'll for sure be the most successful player, but winning another chip doesn't mean he's instantly as good as Durant and LBJ on an individual basis

dubeta
10-07-2015, 02:44 AM
No he becomes 0/22

miggyme1
10-07-2015, 02:44 AM
TEAM ACHIEVEMENTS make you the best player in the league?

believe me when i say this.

GOLDEN STATE WOULD BE NOTHING WITHOUT THOMPSON,GREEN,AND IGGY.

AS SOON AS THEY LOSE JUST ONE OF THOSE THREE GUYS....THEY WILL NOT.....I REPEAT...THEY WILL NOT BE TITLE CONTENDERS. THATS JUST HOW IMPORTANT THOSE THREE DUDES ARE.

Gileraracer
10-07-2015, 03:07 AM
He'll become 2/2. Thats a lot better than 2/6 :lol

Spurs m8
10-07-2015, 03:12 AM
KD will still be an actual better basketball player, if that counts for anything with your twisted GS minds

IllegalD
10-07-2015, 04:48 AM
Dude hasn't even won a Finals MVP. :lol

NO! :no:

bobopenguin
10-07-2015, 04:58 AM
apprently harden already claimed that award.

BoutPractice
10-07-2015, 05:04 AM
Did Isiah become the best player in the league after winning back to back championships as his team's primary offensive weapon?

All Net
10-07-2015, 05:05 AM
Dude hasn't even won a Finals MVP. :lol

NO! :no:
Neither has Durant to be fair

pauk
10-07-2015, 05:10 AM
To be "best player in the league" the individual has to play/be individually better than anybody else and i definitely dont think he will because he isnt individually more or even as talented / impactful / dominant as lebron james, kevin durant are and perhaps anthony davis aswell and a few would even mention james harden...

If he (HIS TEAM) repeats then HIS TEAM will be best... thats what a team accomplishment does to an individual if you dont have the above.... especially if your team repeats the same way (you being carried in the Finals by even the 4th-5th best teammate to a championship offensively/defensively overall who guarded a guy who was the actual best player in the league and probably will be again)

I dont think you have to win a championship to be the best player in the league, i was ready to hand that title to Kevin Durant for example in his MVP season... i often gave that title to Lebron starting from ~2007, maybe even 2006.... i was wondering if Shaq was the best in 1998 and especially in 1995 (when Shaq beat MJ in playoffs).... i gave that title Jordan in the 80s, despite what Bird/Magic did.... they simply were individually most prominent.... I give that title to whoever is INDIVIDUALLY the best player, no matter what, because i do consider the context of what they had to work with around them aswell.... simple as that...

IllegalD
10-07-2015, 06:53 AM
Neither has Durant to be fair

Which is why he's only the 2nd best player in the league, and not THE best. :pimp:

24-Inch_Chrome
10-07-2015, 07:01 AM
No.

bigt
10-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Nah, Iggy will

knicksman
10-07-2015, 08:21 AM
He already is. He possess the most important skill(tough shot creation). The skill that made kobe, dirk, pierce winners. Thats why you can build around them but not with bran.

r15mohd
10-07-2015, 09:23 AM
He already is. He possess the most important skill(tough shot creation). The skill that made kobe, dirk, pierce winners. Thats why you can build around them but not with bran.

can't build around him but ironic how every Knicks fan and their momma (and many other teams for that matter) were vetting for Lebron to come to NY in the years to seconds leading up to the Decision. :facepalm :facepalm

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2009/11/06/sports/06lebron_CA0/articleLarge.jpg

if Lebron were a FA today, every team with cap space would chase him...that's basically a staple...keep trolling tho :rolleyes:

bobopenguin
10-07-2015, 09:50 AM
can't build around him but ironic how every Knicks fan and their momma (and many other teams for that matter) were vetting for Lebron to come to NY in the years to seconds leading up to the Decision. :facepalm :facepalm

http://static01.nyt.com/images/2009/11/06/sports/06lebron_CA0/articleLarge.jpg

if Lebron were a FA today, every team with cap space would chase him...that's basically a staple...keep trolling tho :rolleyes:

if AD and Bran hit FA market today, the order would be AD first then Bran,
and i am the big bran stan.

r15mohd
10-07-2015, 10:29 AM
if AD and Bran hit FA market today, the order would be AD first then Bran,
and i am the big bran stan.

obviously...AD has the youth factor to his side to warrant that selection. Lebron would pull very heavy attention regardless, that can't be refuted

however, my response to knicksman was in regards to not being able to build around Lebron, nothing but a fallacy over his teams inept ways and losing out in 2010. in other words, he's butthurt :lol

sdot_thadon
10-07-2015, 10:34 AM
He'll become the best player in the league when he's the best player in the league. Rings don't make you better lol. They're jewelry.

GoatBoy
10-07-2015, 11:59 AM
He becomes the best player on the best team in the league. Still doesn't make him better than Durant, Davis, WB, LeBron, and Harden in my books.

WayOfWade
10-07-2015, 12:07 PM
If he can win the FMVP, then you'll at least have some sort of argument. I mean, the best player on the best team probably has a decent shot at being considered the best in the league. To be the best in the league though, you typically need to be a beast on both ends (or at least competent), and as Th Lawson has recently pointed out, Curry isn't too keen on playing defense.
In the end though, I think he'd have a decent argument if the Warriors repeat.