PDA

View Full Version : So did kd ever get a nickname?

AnaheimLakers24
10-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Is it still the serveant? I remember he desperatley wanted one but no one gave him one so he chose to be a server to lbron. Is that still his name?

dannywpt
10-07-2015, 03:46 PM
He hates all the the nicknames given to him, like Durantula and Slim Reaper.

Think he ended up as KD.

sd3035
10-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Durant is probably my favorite player but the servant was just retarded

He needs something more like the assassin or executioner

Vaniiiia
10-07-2015, 03:57 PM
KD

King Dick (not to be confused with King ****, which refers to LeBron)

Thick Reaper

Mr. Jabbar
10-07-2015, 04:00 PM
KD

Thick Reaper

:roll: :roll:

AnaheimLakers24
10-07-2015, 04:01 PM
KD

Thick Reaper
:oldlol:

ralph_i_el
10-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Slim Reaper is such a great nickname for him, but it hasn't stuck

vtec_pwr
10-07-2015, 04:08 PM
KD

Thick Reaper

:roll:

AirFederer
10-07-2015, 04:11 PM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/58639/1177185-4_steve_urkel.jpg

Spurs m8
10-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Uses blokes nickname whilst asking if he has a nickname.

You can't make this shit up...

Lakers fans....

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DMV2
10-07-2015, 04:18 PM
Slim Reaper is such a great nickname for him, but it hasn't stuck
That's only because he didn't like it. He said something like how people referred to how he was collecting opponents' souls during his 30+PPG streak in Jan-Feb of 2013.

Such an awesome nickname too.

Fudge
10-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Uses blokes nickname whilst asking if he has a nickname.

You can't make this shit up...

Lakers fans....

:roll: :roll: :roll:
:yaohappy:

Laker fans continue taking L's.

JohnnySic
10-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Nothing wrong with just KD. TMac never had a nickname either, just TMac...

r0drig0lac
10-07-2015, 04:37 PM
robin?

lil jahlil
10-07-2015, 08:13 PM
He has a few, but none of them are good.

lil jahlil
10-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Btw, "The Servant" is the last name a black man should choose for himself.

G0ATbe
10-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Slim Jesus. The son of Godbe.:bowdown:

bigt
10-07-2015, 08:18 PM
That's only because he didn't like it. He said something like how people referred to how he was collecting opponents' souls during his 30+PPG streak in Jan-Feb of 2013.

Such an awesome nickname too.

I don't get why he doesn't like it, both that and Durantula are pretty sweet nicknames even if they are kind of like secondary ones since they don't actually really shorten his name much (KD is good if you just want to quickly mention him, if you want a descriptive nickname then you use one of those other two)

Naero
10-07-2015, 08:43 PM
There's never really been any strong solidarity to his nickname, but Mr. Reliable is my favorite. It's a nickname that conversely originated when he was dubbed "Mr. Unreliable" by a defamatory headline

After his Thunder were on the cusp of elimination having trailed 2-3 to the seventh-seeded Grizzlies after another subpar performance by Durant, the Daily Oklahoman drew flak for labeling him as "Mr. Unreliable" in a post-game headline. Kevin Durant responded commandingly with an output of 34.5 PPG on 56.1% FG% and 45.5% 3P%, spearheading his team to surmount the deficit and advance to the next round; this galvanized many to counter-quip by labeling him as "Mr. Reliable."

The nickname trendified into the rest of the playoffs, but it fell into disuse after he went home after being eliminated by the eventual-champions San Antonio Spurs. Had Durant's response in the Grizzlies series been momentous in the sense that it'd save an eventually championship-winning run, the nickname's craze likely would've sustained itself enough that most wouldn't have forgotten about it.

Vaniiiia
10-07-2015, 09:08 PM
There's never really been any strong solidarity to his nickname, but Mr. Reliable is my favorite. It's a nickname that conversely originated when he was dubbed "Mr. Unreliable" by a defamatory headline

After his Thunder were on the cusp of elimination having trailed 2-3 to the seventh-seeded Grizzlies after another subpar performance by Durant, the Daily Oklahoman drew flak for labeling him as "Mr. Unreliable" in a post-game headline. Kevin Durant responded commandingly with an output of 34.5 PPG on 56.1% FG% and 45.5% 3P%, spearheading his team to surmount the deficit and advance to the next round; this galvanized many to counter-quip by labeling him as "Mr. Reliable."

The nickname trendified into the rest of the playoffs, but it fell into disuse after he went home after being eliminated by the eventual-champions San Antonio Spurs. Had Durant's response in the Grizzlies series been momentous in the sense that it'd save an eventually championship-winning run, the nickname's craze likely would've sustained itself enough that most wouldn't have forgotten about it.
I like this one a lot too.

This is KD's postseason name. Reminds me of "Mr. October" - ironically, Reggie Jacksons nickname. Non-baseball guys might not get this.

Mr. Reliable just has a classic feel about it. Hope it catches on.

Lebronxrings
10-07-2015, 09:24 PM
rich mans kobe.