PDA

View Full Version : NBA execs say Lakers should get rid of Kobe no matter the cost

JT123
10-08-2015, 03:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13815620/losangeles-lakers-the-kobe-bryant-issue

dubeta
10-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Water is wet

JT123
10-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Water is wet
True, but it's a very interesting article. Shows that there are a lot of scouts and front office types who don't think highly of Kobe, regardless of the PC comments they give when the cameras are rolling. One exec said that Kobe might even ask for a raise after this season due to the ballooning salary cap. :oldlol:
The sad thing is I could see Kobe actually doing this. :facepalm I feel so bad for the true Laker fans and all the misery he is causing their franchise.

AnaheimLakers24
10-08-2015, 03:52 PM
2/6

dubeta
10-08-2015, 04:06 PM
True, but it's a very interesting article. Shows that there are a lot of scouts and front office types who don't think highly of Kobe, regardless of the PC comments they give when the cameras are rolling. One exec said that Kobe might even ask for a raise after this season due to the ballooning salary cap. :oldlol:
The sad thing is I could see Kobe actually doing this. :facepalm I feel so bad for the true Laker fans and all the misery he is causing their franchise.

Hahah if that happens Lakers might as well apply to the D league :oldlol:

JT123
10-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Has there ever been a superstar who ended their career in a less graceful manner? Serious question

KembaWalker
10-08-2015, 04:13 PM
'No one cares about Kobe though' - JT123

But keep doing your thing, ISH can always rely on you bringing them Kobe articles first

No. 1 Fan.

avonbarksdale
10-08-2015, 04:14 PM
he got them 5 rings, they should be able to deal with some poor years. they owe him a lot

Mr. Jabbar
10-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Bad boy JT, bad boy! Making Kobe threads again, I warned you yesterday boy. No food for you until tomorrow, NO FOOD.

Hope the rest of the lebron family learns the lesson. I will not tolerate non KING related threads anymore.

JT123
10-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Shaq and Pau got them 5 rings
fixed. Without a dominant big Kobe has gotten the Lakers nothing other than 2 first round exits and a few lottery picks.

KembaWalker
10-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Bad boy JT, bad boy! Making Kobe threads again, I warned you yesterday boy. No food for you until tomorrow, NO FOOD.

:roll: :roll:

As leader of the LeBron family you gotta keep your boys in-line :bowdown:

sportjames23
10-08-2015, 04:27 PM

Hope the rest of the lebron family learns the lesson. I will not tolerate non KING related threads anymore.

Jabbar layin down that pimp hand.

Keep them hoes in line, breh. :pimp:

West-Side
10-08-2015, 04:31 PM

You truly are a retard.
The misery he's causing us?
This man is a purple & gold legend.
He brought our franchise FIVE championships over his career.

I could give a rats ass about what other NBA execs have to say, 80% of the teams they manage haven't won 2 championships in their existence. 95% of teams in the NBA haven't won 5 in their entire existence.

:rolleyes:

Hey Yo
10-08-2015, 04:32 PM
"I tried to be as direct as possible and show him in front of the other players how his selfish mistakes were hurting the team. During one film session, I said, 'Now I know why guys don't like playing with you. You've got to play together.' I also indicated to him that if he didn't want to share the ball with his teammates, I would gladly work out a trade for him."

Phil Jackson in his 2013 book, "Eleven Rings."

JimmyMcAdocious
10-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Damn, NBA execs trying to trick the Lakers to trade them Kobe at a low price.

sportjames23
10-08-2015, 04:34 PM
"I tried to be as direct as possible and show him in front of the other players how his selfish mistakes were hurting the team. During one film session, I said, 'Now I know why guys don't like playing with you. You've got to play together.' I also indicated to him that if he didn't want to share the ball with his teammates, I would gladly work out a trade for him."

Business just picked up. :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
10-08-2015, 04:48 PM

Wow. Jackson just destroys him there:oldlol:

HoopologyPhD
10-08-2015, 04:52 PM
The article would be true if it was written in 2012.

West-Side
10-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Wow. Jackson just destroys him there:oldlol:

He's so selfish that he managed to go to 3 straight finals with Pau Gasol & Lamar Odom, and win 2 titles.

In comparison, Shaq had similar talent around him from 94' - 99'; before Kobe became elite, and he managed to make 1 NBA finals and get swept in the process.

It's actually quite disgusting that Phil would be so ungrateful towards Kobe. I'm sure that quote was directed at young Kobe playing with Shaq though. Kobe was a terrific leader from 08' to 10' with LA.

clipps
10-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Has there ever been a superstar who ended their career in a more disgraceful manner? Serious question

fixed

Levity
10-08-2015, 04:58 PM
It's actually quite disgusting that Phil would be so ungrateful towards Kobe. I'm sure that quote was directed at young Kobe playing with Shaq though. Kobe was a terrific leader from 08' to 10' with LA.

"I would gladly work out a trade for him. I had no trouble being the bad cop in this situation. (See under: Sometimes you have to pull out the big stick.) I knew [Ron] Harper would soften the blow later by explaining to Kobe -- in far less strident terms -- how to play more selflessly without sacrificing his creativity"

and a funnier quote from the book

"One night that week I had a dream about spanking Kobe and giving Shaq a smack. "Shaq needs and Kobe wants -- the mystery of the Lakers," I wrote in my journal"

JT123
10-08-2015, 05:13 PM
You truly are a retard.
The misery he's causing us?
This man is a purple & gold legend.
He brought our franchise FIVE championships over his career.

I could give a rats ass about what other NBA execs have to say, 80% of the teams they manage haven't won 2 championships in their existence. 95% of teams in the NBA haven't won 5 in their entire existence.

:rolleyes:
I clearly said the misery he is causing REAL Laker fans, not Kobe loving drones like yourself. :rolleyes:
I realize you don't give a shit about the Lakers winning and only care about Kobe adding to his career stat totals, but there are some Laker fans out there who aren't content with living in the past and want the team to still be competitive. Unfortunately that cannot happen until Kobe stops chasing off big time free agents and hindering the development of the young players.

Levity
10-08-2015, 05:18 PM
hindering the development of the young players.

when and how did that happen?

Mr. Jabbar
10-08-2015, 05:21 PM
I clearly said the misery he is causing REAL Laker fans, not Kobe loving drones like yourself. :rolleyes:
I realize you don't give a shit about the Lakers winning and only care about Kobe adding to his career stat totals, but there are some Laker fans out there who aren't content with living in the past and want the team to still be competitive. Unfortunately that cannot happen until Kobe stops chasing off big time free agents and hindering the development of the young players.

That's it. You're grounded.

Kobe_6/8
10-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Shaq hated Kobe from the start, so Kobe needed to make his own decisions on the court. I wonder where he would rank if he stayed with the Hornets.

clipps
10-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Shaq hated Kobe from the start, so Kobe needed to make his own decisions on the court. I wonder where he would rank if he stayed with the Hornets.

Toronto Vince Carter at best.

Mr Feeny
10-08-2015, 05:53 PM
The article would be true if it was written in 2012.

His teammates were incredible weren't they?:cheers:
Props to his own coach calling him out on his selfishness like that:rockon:

Mr Feeny
10-08-2015, 05:55 PM

This. There's a distinction between proper Laker fans and the Kobe fanboys like this one who don't actually give a crap about the team. Most actual Laker fans can't stand the cancer.

f0und
10-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Has there ever been a superstar who ended their career in a less graceful manner? Serious question

Allen Iverson

not surprising since their playstyles are the same

20Four
10-08-2015, 05:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13815620/losangeles-lakers-the-kobe-bryant-issue
You just said in the other thread that nobody talks about kobe anymore, yet your the one bringing him up the most? Da fvck? :biggums:

WorldWarriors
10-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Lakers aren't trying to showcase an empty arena. If he goes all their ancillary revenue goes with him. Lakers and rebuilding is not a good look.

catch24
10-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Kobe can still bring value to the table offensively... Not sure why people are ignoring this.

Also of note, that quote from Phil was eons ago when Kobe and Shaq were learning to play together (2000). How that is relevant to the topic, I am not sure. :oldlol:

HOoopCityJones
10-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Kobe can still bring value to the table offensively... Not sure why people are ignoring this.

Also of note, that quote from Phil was eons ago when Kobe and Shaq were learning to play together (2000). How that is relevant to the topic, I am not sure. :oldlol:

The hack "writer" of this article tried to make these out to be as recent as The LAkers last championship. It's purely a bait article to stir the get rid of Kobe agenda ESPN has been pushing since Lerbon won his first collusion.

SpecialQue
10-08-2015, 07:28 PM
OP reminds me of Ted Haggard. I think he's secretly a huge Kobe fan.

Rooster
10-08-2015, 07:37 PM
This. There's a distinction between proper Laker fans and the Kobe fanboys like this one who don't actually give a crap about the team. Most actual Laker fans can't stand the cancer.

BS. I'll be happy if that next Laker superstar will have that Kobe legendary career and 5 rings.

90sgoat
10-08-2015, 08:05 PM

Lebron certainly will.

JT123
10-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Lebron certainly will.
What the hell does Lebron have to do with anything? :biggums:
Talk about rent free :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
10-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Kobe's so damn alpha.

Got these crackers hating him over the white woman he smashed into unconsciousness.

TheBigVeto
10-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Water is wet

And sun is hot
And kobetards are dumb

Lebron23
10-08-2015, 10:02 PM
NO Kobe Bryant = They are going to loss the Asian Market.

CarlosBoozer
10-08-2015, 11:46 PM
You can't get rid of Godbe

kamil
10-08-2015, 11:59 PM
Hahah if that happens Lakers might as well apply to the D league :oldlol:

They could apply right now... they suck with or without Kobe.

90sgoat
10-09-2015, 12:22 AM
No matter how much Lebron family tries, they cant change the fact that for all Kobe's faults, people simply do not dislike him like people dislike Lebron. Kobe is an egomaniac with poor decision skill, but he is still a real baller who wanted to die on the court every night and he is an eloquent and classy representative of the game of basketball.

Heavincent
10-09-2015, 12:32 AM
Cool click bait article with "anonymous sources".

What exactly is stopping the writer from completely making up these quotes and hiding behind the "anonymous" excuse?

I see "anonymous source", and I automatically assume it's BS until proven otherwise, unless it's coming from a respected reporter like Woj.

Mr Feeny
10-09-2015, 02:45 AM
BS. I'll be happy if that next Laker superstar will have that Kobe legendary career and 5 rings.

You're not a Lakers fan, though. You're just posing as one. Lakers fans would love 5 rings from strong contending Laker teams in the near future but that looks unlikely now that the cancer has turned away every potential star free agent available:rockon:

Naero
10-09-2015, 02:51 AM
Cool click bait article with "anonymous sources".

What exactly is stopping the writer from completely making up these quotes and hiding behind the "anonymous" excuse?

I see "anonymous source", and I automatically assume it's BS until proven otherwise, unless it's coming from a respected reporter like Woj.

I'll try to be fan-neutral here and simply address the citation of anonymous sources.

As one of the more concomitant handicaps to these anonymous sources is that many request that they are anonymized; otherwise, if they were to be attributed as one of the source. The fact is that the more newsworthy statements would not be confided to begin with without any assurance of confidentiality; whether that undercuts credibility or not, the information elicited from interviewees is considered to outbalance that.

As one can only envision with all these executives (allegedly) attributedly going on record, it would inflame a PR disaster on their part

Spurs m8
10-09-2015, 03:03 AM
Well that could have been said in about 3 sentences tbh

Gileraracer
10-09-2015, 03:09 AM
They can't. Their status would change from "nearly irrelevant" to "total irrelevant". :lol

b0bab0i
10-09-2015, 03:14 AM
he got them 5 rings, they should be able to deal with some poor years. they owe him a lot

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Really? Only Kobe stans would say that. Lakers fans know he's a cancer. Team will never get out of rebuild mode as long as Kobe is still on the team.
Dude reneged on how he said he would go out once he was obsolete. He's been obsolete for 3 seasons already.

b0bab0i
10-09-2015, 03:36 AM
Pretty much a cancer right now.

Still ball hogs and pump fake's 5 times just to brick the shot. If would take a veteran role like paul pierce, he would be helping, but he still thinks he's an alpha dog like he was before. He's just a washed up beta now.

lil jahlil
10-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Everybody knows this.

Magic 32
10-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Pretty much a cancer right now.

Still ball hogs and pump fake's 5 times just to brick the shot. If would take a veteran role like paul pierce, he would be helping, but he still thinks he's an alpha dog like he was before. He's just a washed up beta now.

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/06/18/1276842302_8057/539w.jpg

West-Side
10-09-2015, 09:30 AM

The man has given us almost 20 years man. He has won so much for our franchise over the years. I don't think there is any real Laker fans out there who would want to see Kobe finish his last year wearing a different jersey. Yes he's value is diminished considering his gigantic contract; but I look at it as an appreciation gesture by our front office.

I would have the same sentiment for any other loyal legend finishing off his last year with the team he started his career with, while making an abundance of money.

Rooster
10-09-2015, 10:55 AM
You're not a Lakers fan, though. You're just posing as one. Lakers fans would love 5 rings from strong contending Laker teams in the near future but that looks unlikely now that the cancer has turned away every potential star free agent available:rockon:

BS. Your perception is your own reality, not mine. :no: Real talk, I watched how Lakers won 5 rings with Kobe. Haters like you probably dwell with your team miseries more than your team success. :oldlol: If DAngelo Russell can play 20 years and win 5 rings and have Kobe career then I'll take that in a heartbeat.

GoatBoy
10-09-2015, 11:17 AM
My cancer filled life as a Kobe fan has given me so much glory. Please, give me more cancer if this is what it feels like :rolleyes:

sdot_thadon
10-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Hate to see it end like this for a great, honestly he should have rode off into the sunset a year or 2 ago to avoid this though.

Mr Feeny
10-09-2015, 12:26 PM

Really? Only Kobe stans would say that. Lakers fans know he's a cancer. Team will never get out of rebuild mode as long as Kobe is still on the team.
Dude reneged on how he said he would go out once he was obsolete. He's been obsolete for 3 seasons already.Yup. Real Laker fans aren't fond of the cancer and can't wait for him to leave. Kobe fanboys who don't care about the franchise obviously have a drastically different viewpoint. You can see who those are from their responses in this thread.

Levity
10-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Yup. Real Laker fans aren't fond of the cancer and can't wait for him to leave. Kobe fanboys who don't care about the franchise obviously have a drastically different viewpoint. You can see who those are from their responses in this thread.

what does a d1ck riding player stan like you know about being a real fan of a team.

Mr Feeny
10-09-2015, 12:41 PM
what does a d1ck riding player stan like you know about being a real fan of a team.

This is an example of a Kobe fanboy for example. He is butthurt and and shook.

b0bab0i
10-09-2015, 12:48 PM
http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2010/06/18/1276842302_8057/539w.jpg
You don't remember that Celtics beat the Lakers in 2008 ?

West-Side
10-09-2015, 01:20 PM
You don't remember that Celtics beat the Lakers in 2008 ?

Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting *****, though.

dubeta
10-09-2015, 01:54 PM
In the middle ages when your leg was infected/diseased, you cut it off to stop it spreading.

This is the same scenario

b0bab0i
10-09-2015, 08:39 PM
In the middle ages when your leg was infected/diseased, you cut it off to stop it spreading.

This is the same scenario
That's a good one.

bdreason
10-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Not sure about Kobe, but at $12m per year, Steph Curry is the best value in the NBA.

$LakerGold
10-10-2015, 01:17 AM
"They've created a monster there," one executive said, "and it's hard to get out of it until he actually goes away."

Plain out disrespectful.

rapker
10-10-2015, 03:29 AM
"you are a dumbass" one of the executive said "anyone can write an article with anonymous and making it sound like a credible source, when in fact it might be all made up"

"kobe living rent free in those fools head" a scout said

Lebron23
10-10-2015, 03:46 AM
If the Lakers wants to move forward. They won't resign him. The guy is so injury prone in the last few years. They better start rebuilding because the Kobe Era is officially over.