PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe can get LA to 40 wins, it only elevates his GOAT status...

stalkerforlife
10-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Face it, LA has a shit roster in the greatest conference in NBA history. However, if he can get this shit roster to 40 wins, which wouldn't even sniff the playoffs in the west, it will only grow his legend. Think about it...

He will prove himself to have the greatest longevity of all time, which will only cement that his skill is the greatest of all time.

Out of the top 10 all time, Kobe has no superior physical trait. (Or overall size) MJ had the huge hands and athleticism. Kareem had the size. Bird was 6'9 250. Duncan has the size. Etc. Kobe is 6'7 and 220, doesn't have huge hands, isn't the most athletic of his era, etc. However, he was the best player of the decade because of skill. He's the 2nd GOAT because of skill.

THAT is why people like me respect Kobe the most...he is simply the most skilled player in NBA history. He had to work the hardest to become what he is

West-Side
10-09-2015, 10:50 AM
LA has a talented but young roster.
I hope in Kobe's last season he just teaches the youngsters the importance of work ethic. That will be the most important thing he could do for our team. I think his role will be significantly smaller this season and as a result he'll be more efficient. I predict 15/3/3 on 45-47%.

Us winning 40+ games will be determined based on how Clarkson, Russell & Randle develop as the season progresses. Also, the health of Hibbert.

We have a pretty solid group. It's a win-win; if our youngsters develop this year and we win 40-48 games, the future is bright (our best youth is still very young 19-22 years of age). If we suck all year, we get a high draft pick and add to our future plans, plus free up cap space to hopefully sign a big name player in the free agency.