PDA

View Full Version : Julius Randle Full PS Highlights vs Raptors - 23 Mins, 17 Pts, 7/10 FG, 5 REB, 3 AST

AirTupac
10-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Ill be honest, Im on the boat thinking Randle wont be a star or anything special but this is the first time I've seen him where he's given me confidence that he might not be a total bust after all. I just assumed he'll be the typical tweener bust but maybe its not all doom and gloom after all if he can pull these plays consistently and get a consistent shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZgNmfez9I&ab_channel=GD%27sLatestHighlights

What is exciting is that this guy is 20 and already his body looks like he's a fully fledged adult. Remember Bron at 19/20? and compared to now? Randle already is huge so the future may be exciting after all.... hoping he isn't injury prone *knocks on wood*

West-Side
10-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Ill be honest, Im on the boat thinking Randle wont be a star or anything special but this is the first time I've seen him where he's given me confidence that he might not be a total bust after all. I just assumed he'll be the typical tweener bust but maybe its not all doom and gloom after all if he can pull these plays consistently and get a consistent shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZgNmfez9I&ab_channel=GD%27sLatestHighlights

What is exciting is that this guy is 20 and already his body looks like he's a fully fledged adult. Remember Bron at 19/20? and compared to now? Randle already is huge so the future may be exciting after all.... hoping he isn't injury prone *knocks on wood*

And that he hasn't played in over a year due to his injury.
I'm excited to watch this guy grow.

imnew09
10-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Lamar odom in ZBo Body

AirTupac
10-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Lamar odom in ZBo Body

Kobe is right with that comparison but Zbo was never this fast and athletic.

34-24 Footwork
10-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Dude is an Ox. He was strong coming out of school, but wow. Dude has stacked on some size.

I wanna see him Iso more on the elbow on the left side of the floor. Face up isolations at the elbow and back downs anytime he's closer. I'm fairly certain that at his size and with his dribbling, not many pfs will stick with him. Causing all sorts of issues.

ClipperRevival
10-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Dude is an Ox. He was strong coming out of school, but wow. Dude has stacked on some size.

I wanna see him Iso more on the elbow on the left side of the floor. Face up isolations at the elbow and back downs anytime he's closer. I'm fairly certain that at his size and with his dribbling, not many pfs will stick with him. Causing all sorts of issues.

He actually lost weight since last year. He was probably 250-255 lbs last year. Right now, I'm guessing he's at about 240. He had a tad bit of excess fat on him in college. He got rid of that. He's in tip top shape right now.

senelcoolidge
10-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Not impressive in that he wasn't defended, the Raps had no PF. It's preseason so no one is really playing hard except the scrubs. But hey it should help with his confidence.

West-Side
10-09-2015, 04:33 PM
Kobe is right with that comparison but Zbo was never this fast and athletic.

That's why he's a hybrid of Odom and Zbo.
He has the body & touch around the rim of Zbo but has the handles, quickness and athleticism of a Lamar.

90sgoat
10-09-2015, 04:36 PM
That's why he's a hybrid of Odom and Zbo.
He has the body & touch around the rim of Zbo but has the handles, quickness and athleticism of a Lamar.

He should be compared to Larry Johnson, same kind of tweener forward who can run the floor, drive, shoot, pass and plays agressively physical. Odom was more of a point forward.

Genaro
10-09-2015, 04:49 PM
He looked good last 2 games but I'll wait to hop on the bandwagon just like I didn't call him a bust before.

If he can start making his FTs and the medium/long jumper along with his ability to penetrate, I can see him turning into a good player.

MiseryCityTexas
10-09-2015, 05:12 PM
He got them Maurice Taylor rebounding numbers.:facepalm

tamaraw08
10-09-2015, 05:34 PM
Last 2 games has been really impressive, and I feel great that he is proving me wrong. :rockon:
A lot I think is his improved confidence, but he really needs to step it up with his rebounding. I will be ecstasic if he can average 15 and 8 rebs/game.

Meticode
10-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Lamar odom in ZBo Body
Pretty sure Z-Bo never looked like this ever in his career...

http://i.imgur.com/Q18pZ7e.jpg

ClipperRevival
10-09-2015, 06:39 PM
An important factor the casual fan never pays attention to is strength. If you have great natural strength, that's a big advantage to have, especially for bigs. Randle is not only naturally built like an ox but also has amazing natural strength. That's going to help him a lot in his career. And you add in his small man type motor skills and quickness and you really have a rare package.

People talk about the Zbo/Odom comparison but Odom never had Randle's strength while Zo never had Randle's athleticism. So Randle combines both. Someone mentioned Larry Johnson. Tat's a better comparison imo in terms of physical attributes.

GIF REACTION
10-09-2015, 09:20 PM
This guy is going to be a star

He has the body of a Karl Malone lite, with the skill and finesse of a Webber/Odom

Cocaine80s
10-09-2015, 10:18 PM
Why do his arms look so short even though he has a 7 foot wingspan?

GIF REACTION
10-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Why do his arms look so short even though he has a 7 foot wingspan?
Wide clavicles?

Longer torso?

rapker
10-10-2015, 03:35 AM
ben wallace body/ strength. odom and zbo skills.

Lebron23
10-10-2015, 03:44 AM
He, and Clarkson are the only likable players on their Lakers Roster.

Magic 32
10-10-2015, 05:07 AM
He, and Clarkson are the only likable players on their Lakers Roster.

I hope not.

Likable players ends up 2-4.

IllegalD
10-10-2015, 07:05 AM
I hope not.

:roll: :applause:

Cold soul
10-10-2015, 06:46 PM
I hope not.

Ouch. :D

avonbarksdale
10-10-2015, 07:04 PM
he looks pretty fat but is very quick, he looked good on that cut when clarkson gave him the ball for the lay up

RoundMoundOfReb
10-10-2015, 07:08 PM
No excuses for #93 and the Lakers this year. This team is stacked.

ralph_i_el
10-10-2015, 08:01 PM
He should be compared to Larry Johnson, same kind of tweener forward who can run the floor, drive, shoot, pass and plays agressively physical. Odom was more of a point forward.

Randle has looked good handling the ball and setting up his teammates. I think Odom+ strength is a good comparison. That, or Blake Griffin minus hops