PDA

View Full Version : Has a team ever accomplished as little as the Clippers to get hyped up every year?

JerrySeinfeld
10-09-2015, 05:53 PM
I can't think of one.

3ball
10-09-2015, 06:03 PM
This is how all CP3 and Nash teams are hyped.

Similar to Lebron, their ball-dominant style turns teammates from playmakers into play-finishers... Their teams are largely 1-playmaker teams, which is < multiple playmaker teams.

These 1-playmaker teams get FIGURED OUT - look at CP3's playoff losses - almost all of them have the opponent coming from behind to win the series - they figure out the 1-playmaker style of CP3's teams, and then run roughshod over him...

This is similar to Lebron's easily-solvable ball-dominance because Lebron ALSO loses in similar fashion - in all of Lebron's Finals losses, he lost 3 games in a row (mostly blowouts) to finish the series.. This shows that there is no back-and-forth adjustments - once the opponent figures out Lebron-ball, that's a rap.. Lebron-ball is a rigid, unadjustable style, so there are no counteradjustments - Lebron has to just bend over and take it.

Kobe_6/8
10-09-2015, 06:06 PM
It's because they're in LA. Nobody would consider them a real contender if they were in Minnesota, Sacramento, etc.

JerrySeinfeld
10-09-2015, 06:10 PM
It's because they're in LA. Nobody would consider them a real contender if they were in Minnesota, Sacramento, etc.

That I agree with. Still though, you think after 4 years of disappointing and underwhelming the media would stop acting like they are just as good as the top 4 teams in the league.

TripleA
10-09-2015, 06:11 PM
That I agree with. Still though, you think after 4 years of disappointing and underwhelming the media would stop acting like they are just as good as the top 4 teams in the league.

Oklahoma Sooners football.

Dr Hawk
10-09-2015, 06:12 PM
This is how all CP3 and Nash teams are hyped.

Similar to Lebron, their ball-dominant style turns teammates from playmakers into play-finishers... Their teams are largely 1-playmaker teams, which is < multiple playmaker teams.

These 1-playmaker teams get FIGURED OUT - look at CP3's playoff losses - almost all of them have the opponent coming from behind to win the series - they figure out the 1-playmaker style of CP3's teams, and then run roughshod over him...

This is similar to Lebron's easily-solvable ball-dominance because Lebron ALSO loses in similar fashion - in all of Lebron's Finals losses, he lost 3 games in a row (mostly blowouts) to finish the series.. This shows that there is no back-and-forth adjustments - once the opponent figures out Lebron-ball, that's a rap.. Lebron-ball is a rigid, unadjustable style, so there are no counteradjustments - Lebron has to just bend over and take it.

this

JohnMax
10-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Chris Paul teammates suck.

JerrySeinfeld
10-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Doc is an ovverated coach who was pretty much carried by the perfect pairing of KG/Thibs and their championship defense. He's also been a comically bad GM so far.

Is there a more overrated rim protector in the league than DeAndre Jordan? I'd like to see if Clippers fans can even come up with one :oldlol:

CP3, yeah, don't need to say any more.

It's not even just the Clippers as a whole. Individually, every guy on that roster is mad overrated due to the medias (mostly ESPN) love obsession with their team.

Cocaine80s
10-09-2015, 06:21 PM
OKC

Young X
10-09-2015, 06:23 PM
OKC

dazzer87
10-09-2015, 06:24 PM
OKC

JerrySeinfeld
10-09-2015, 06:28 PM
OKC

Could you actually imagine a healthy OKC team up 3-1 and proceeding to drop 3 to.... the Rockets?

How you gonna outchoke the Rockets and proceed to go into next season getting hyped up as a contender?

Cocaine80s
10-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Could you actually imagine a healthy OKC team up 3-1 and proceeding to drop 3 to.... the Rockets?

How you gonna outchoke the Rockets and proceed to go into next season getting hyped up as a contender?
OKC

BigNBAfan
10-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Doc is an ovverated coach who was pretty much carried by the perfect pairing of KG/Thibs and their championship defense. He's also been a comically bad GM so far.

Is there a more overrated rim protector in the league than DeAndre Jordan? I'd like to see if Clippers fans can even come up with one :oldlol:

CP3, yeah, don't need to say any more.

It's not even just the Clippers as a whole. Individually, every guy on that roster is mad overrated due to the medias (mostly ESPN) love obsession with their team.

??? Clippers have gotten better and better every year on paper, you can't expect him to be a better GM. Now as a coach, he's horrible.

Wade's Rings
10-09-2015, 06:44 PM

They were injured in 2012.

Funktion
10-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Then they try to sweep it under the rug every year.

bigt
10-10-2015, 12:45 AM
OKC

They've at least made the finals, even if they traded off one of their better players from that team. I wanted to start liking the Clips as well, the way they and CP3 pulled off that win against the Spurs got me on board, then they proceeded to throw it all away again

lil jahlil
10-10-2015, 01:17 AM
If I were a life long Clippers fan, I would celebrate like I won a championship every time they made the playoffs. They have been to the playoffs 11 times. Teams have more championships than the Clippers have playoff appearances.

j3lademaster
10-10-2015, 02:01 AM
Nash is a more impactful player than CP3. Suns made a lot of nice playoff runs with chronic injuries to Amare. Imagine if the 07 wcf wasn't rigged and Nash got a finals MVP... We'd be talking about him in a top 20-25ish light. Cp3 is a better individual talent obviously, but can't get as far with a similar supporting cast. Hell, you can argue Paul's is better since they're healthy all the time.

JerrySeinfeld
10-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Then they try to sweep it under the rug every year.

Lol and if they somehow make it out of the first round the media acts like it's a big deal and people should take them serious too.

At least this season will be the first where going into it we most likely won't have to hear the media continue to act like Chris Paul is the best point in the league.

Young X
10-10-2015, 02:29 AM
The standards are different. No one seriously expected the Clippers to win a title or even get to the finals. Can't say the same thing for OKC though. They've been hyped up as a serious championship contender since 2011 yet they currently have the same number of championship banners as the Clippers.

JerrySeinfeld
10-10-2015, 02:30 AM
The standards are different. No one seriously expected the Clippers to win a title or even get to the finals.

No one reasonable did. The media on the other hand, isn't reasonable when it comes to the Clippers.

clipps
10-10-2015, 05:19 AM
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/6/236/full/1038_los_angeles_clippers-secondary-2016.png

bookmarked