PDA

View Full Version : Rank them in terms of making teammates better: MJ, LeBron, Kobe, Magic

dubeta
10-11-2015, 09:35 PM
I would rank it as:

1) Magic - spearheaded the dynamic showtime offense. Added years to Kareems career. Worthy and Nixon played well under Magic, overall made his teammates better

2) LeBron- Made careers out of relative no names (Boobie Gibson in 2007 and Tristan Thompson in 2015). Role-players become herald as stars under him. Everyone who plays with LeBron automatically gets labelled 'superstar' ie Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving who otherwise were borderline stars. Turns unsuccessful players like Bosh and takes them out of the 1st round.

3) MJ- Didnt make anyone better, Pippen was better without MJ (MVP candidate, top 5 PER leader), Rodman played worse with MJ than with the Pistons. However, the traingle system allowed MJs all star teammates to have opportunities to succeed under the brilliance of Phil Jackson. Overall had little impact in making teammates either better or worse (more on the worse side)

4) Kobe- Dwight Howard and Steve Nash instantly turn to shit once entering LA. However, Pau Gasol played well under Kobe, but played even better once he left in 2015 and had a resurgence in the Bulls. No names like Caron Butler leave Kobe and become all-stars once they leave, and other players like Ariza have better careers elsewhere. Overall only improves his teammates offensive rebounding abilities, while otherwise limiting their touches on offense.

Discuss

SouBeachTalents
10-11-2015, 09:38 PM
Include Bird as well OP

DetroitPistonFan
10-11-2015, 09:40 PM
Yep. It's Kobe's fault he can't make them better and it's his fault for Steve Nash getting his leg broken and turning Dwight into a turnover machine most of the time when he gets the ball.

knicksman
6/6
5/7
5/9

I dont think the other one deserved to be in there

dubeta
Include Bird as well OP

I don't want to push Kobe further down the list, 4 is bad as it is, but solid mention.

ShawkFactory
10-11-2015, 09:42 PM
OP is ugly

Beastmode88
10-11-2015, 09:43 PM
What about Lebron sabotaging wade?

knicksman
10-11-2015, 09:44 PM
OP is ugly

:oldlol:

sd3035
10-11-2015, 09:47 PM
6/6
5/7
5/9

2/6

kennethgriffin
10-11-2015, 09:53 PM
lebron destroyed the careers of larry hughes, shaquille oneal, chris bosh, dwyane wade, kyrie erving and kevin love

kobe lifted the careers of shaquille oneal, derek fisher, lamar odom, pau gasol and got scrubs paid like ronny turiaf, jordan farmar and many more

kobe makes players better by actually playing in a system

lebron gets assists. but he stunts his offense by looking to pad stats. turning teammates who need isolation basically into spot up shooters. taking big men out of the block to free up his own drive

kevin loves offensive rebounds went from 5 down to 1

kobe not making his teammates better is the biggest myth going these days. the next biggest myth is lebron makes others better

stat geeks can't see this because they don't even watch the games. they have analytics so they just read box scores

:facepalm

ISHGoat
10-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Once again confirming that kobe stans are mouthbreathing, single-digit IQ retards without critical reasoning skills thus resorting to simple shit like 5/7 6/6 etc

knicksman
10-11-2015, 09:59 PM
Once again confirming that kobe stans are mouthbreathing, single-digit IQ retards without critical reasoning skills thus resorting to simple shit like 5/7 6/6 etc

Nahhhhhh bran cant attract double teams thats why hes 2/6. And im pretty sure you bran stans dont get it. All you care about is triple doubles.

AnaheimLakers24
10-11-2015, 09:59 PM

kennethgriffin
10-11-2015, 10:04 PM

i'd expect a lebron fan to look down upon anyone who's air way isn't clogged with large meaty objects

Bankaii
10-11-2015, 10:55 PM
This is obviously an agenda thread by why can't posters just make a decent contribution?

Kobetards can only cling to Shaq's rings because other than sidekick rings Kobe is extremely underwhelming compared to other greats.

On topic:
1) Magic
2) Bron
3) MJ
4) Air Bud
5) Kobe

ISHGoat
10-11-2015, 11:08 PM
i'd expect a lebron fan to look down upon anyone who's air way isn't clogged with large meaty objects

Cringe

ShawkFactory
10-11-2015, 11:15 PM
lebron destroyed the careers of larry hughes, shaquille oneal, chris bosh, dwyane wade, kyrie erving and kevin love

kobe lifted the careers of shaquille oneal, derek fisher, lamar odom, pau gasol and got scrubs paid like ronny turiaf, jordan farmar and many more

lebron gets assists. but he stunts his offense by looking to pad stats. turning teammates who need isolation basically into spot up shooters. taking big men out of the block to free up his own drive

kobe not making his teammates better is the biggest myth going these days. the next biggest myth is lebron makes others better

stat geeks can't see this because they don't even watch the games. they have analytics so they just read box scores

Word-for-word this is your biggest fail post yet :applause:

Prime_Shaq
10-11-2015, 11:20 PM
1. Bird
2. Magic
3. MJ
4. LeBron
5. Kobe

dubeta
10-11-2015, 11:21 PM
1. Bird
2. Magic
3. MJ
4. LeBron
5. Kobe

Prime_Shaq
10-11-2015, 11:24 PM
His game severely amplifies role players with his ball movement so he brings out the most of spot up shooters and big men getting easy garbage points but I have yet to see him fully utilize better and more established teammates.

BlakFrankWhite
10-11-2015, 11:26 PM
MJ
Magic
LeBron
Kobe

kennethgriffin
10-11-2015, 11:27 PM
#1 Magic
#2 Jordan
#3 Kobe
#4 Lebron

magic = ultimate system player

jordan = great triangle system player

kobe = really good triangle/screen and roll system player

lebron = everybody get out of the paint so i can dribble for 20 seconds looking for a layup... if i cant then i'l kick it out..

dubeta
10-11-2015, 11:29 PM
Jordan destroyed Rodmans career

Kobe destroyed Dwight and Steve Nashs career

LeBron improved Tristan Thompson, Daniel Gibson, Kyrie Irving etc

LeBron > Jordan > Kobe

Rocketswin2013
10-11-2015, 11:30 PM
His game severely amplifies role players with his ball movement so he brings out the most of spot up shooters and big men getting easy garbage points but I have yet to see him fully utilize better and more established teammates.
He did utilize his established teammates. Wade and Bosh peaked in terms of efficiency and that Miami team was the greatest shot-making team in league history at one point.

There is only one ball and Miami was getting the best shot possible(Relative to personnel) more than almost any team ever those last two years. I don't think you can ask for much more than that.

knicksman
10-11-2015, 11:31 PM
jordan only needed pippen
kobe only needed gasol

meanwhile bran:oldlol:

Rocketswin2013
10-11-2015, 11:33 PM
I would rank it as:

1) Magic - spearheaded the dynamic showtime offense. Added years to Kareems career. Worthy and Nixon played well under Magic, overall made his teammates better

2) LeBron- Made careers out of relative no names (Boobie Gibson in 2007 and Tristan Thompson in 2015). Role-players become herald as stars under him. Everyone who plays with LeBron automatically gets labelled 'superstar' ie Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving who otherwise were borderline stars. Turns unsuccessful players like Bosh and takes them out of the 1st round.

3) MJ- Didnt make anyone better, Pippen was better without MJ (MVP candidate, top 5 PER leader), Rodman played worse with MJ than with the Pistons. However, the traingle system allowed MJs all star teammates to have opportunities to succeed under the brilliance of Phil Jackson. Overall had little impact in making teammates either better or worse (more on the worse side)

4) Kobe- Dwight Howard and Steve Nash instantly turn to shit once entering LA. However, Pau Gasol played well under Kobe, but played even better once he left in 2015 and had a resurgence in the Bulls. No names like Caron Butler leave Kobe and become all-stars once they leave, and other players like Ariza have better careers elsewhere. Overall only improves his teammates offensive rebounding abilities, while otherwise limiting their touches on offense.

Discuss
:oldlol:

This is actually not that false.

Bankaii
10-11-2015, 11:50 PM
jordan only needed pippen
kobe only needed gasol

meanwhile bran:oldlol:
I think you're forgetting someone...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4101/4920970629_7fb8758dbc_b.jpg

kennethgriffin
10-11-2015, 11:53 PM
I think you're forgetting someone...
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4101/4920970629_7fb8758dbc_b.jpg

kobe only needed gasol though

:lol

if a guy wins with just gasol twice. he only "needed" gasol

get it?

Bankaii
10-12-2015, 12:09 AM
kobe only needed gasol though

:lol

if a guy wins with just gasol twice. he only "needed" gasol

get it?
All that fgt posts is 5/7. Saying Shaq is 3 of the 5, I think he needed him.

And Kobe needed Pau, Odom, Ariza, Bynum, Artest, and Fisher.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-12-2015, 12:25 AM
Bird would be first if he was here.

But MJs first. hes the only one that didnt have a teammate win a title as the best player without him

2nd would be Magic

3rd Kobe

Odumb-Drug addict, mentally deranged, low ball IQ. W/ Kobe a 2 time champ and 6th man

Bynum-Was injured in the playoff but got nikkas thinkin he a good player:lol :lol Pacers and Hibbert struggled right when he got there and now they back at it w/ him gone. Team cancer.

MWP-Was only known for one of the biggest black eyes in NBA history w/ the Pacers/Pistons brawl. After Kobe whooped on him in 09 he recruited him tellin him "this is ur shot to be a champion, join me my yung thug" and the rest is history

Pau-Career loser no one gave a sht bout dude:roll: :roll: all of a sudden he HOF and one of the best big man ever :biggums: has not won a single playoff game in his career w/o Kobe. NOT A SINGLE ONE till playing in the Least

Kwame/Powell-:biggums: :biggums:

Vujacic-Known as the machine with Kobe but run out of batteries and got dumped by Sharapova after he left

Shannon Brown/Farmar-:biggums: they still in the league?

Luke Walton-disgrace to his father, Kobe made him a champion when he wouldnt have been a towel waver on the Sixers

Fish-old @zz stilcant do sht no more:lol

Ariza-still do what he do, rain 3s and play D

Kobes one of the best leaders in NBA history.:applause:

4th is Bran just doesnt make teammates better

Rocketswin2013
10-12-2015, 12:27 AM
Kobe one of the best leaders in NBA history
Shit post.

The years Kobe won his last two, everyone in the league had significantly worse teammates.

Rooster
10-12-2015, 12:27 AM

All of those players had their best and memorable years playing with Kobe:confusedshrug:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-12-2015, 12:31 AM
Shit post.

The years Kobe won his last two, everyone in the league had significantly worse teammates.
All u make are sht posts where u attempt to know about a gen of basketball like the 90s u never watched, judging it from basketball ref and opinions u see online. A lot of ur sht posts are plagiarized from realgm as well. Hop back on there ya battyboy:lol :lol :lol

Rocketswin2013
10-12-2015, 12:37 AM
All u make are sht posts where u attempt to know about a gen of basketball like the 90s u never watched, judging it from basketball ref and opinions u see online. A lot of ur sht posts are plagiarized from realgm as well. Hop back on there ya battyboy:lol :lol :lol
Can hardly even decipher this garbage.

I don't even frequent realgm often at all. I did you see you make one of your usual shit posts that YOU said was from realgm, posting on/of splits in the finals that implied Igoudola was god and Curry was a scrub. :oldlol:

And then, someone took a shit on you in the thread. Which would happen a lot more often if you were actually taken seriously on this board.

You are a complete and utter idiot on these forums the biases don't help.

knicksman
10-12-2015, 01:46 AM

kobe has the same rings as bran with lesser teammates.:confusedshrug:
And considering that having wade/bosh is equivalent or even better than having shaq alone. Then 5/7>>2/6 is just fitting.:confusedshrug:

Bankaii
10-12-2015, 02:26 AM
All of those players had their best and memorable years playing with Kobe:confusedshrug:
Completely false. They all had their best seasons before going to LA with Kobe, except Bynum.

Bankaii
10-12-2015, 02:27 AM
Besides the fact that it's ineligible, all your posts are absolute shit.
Then agai, you're a fan of both CP3 and KD. Watching them fail every year has probably done some damage to your poor brain.

Bankaii
10-12-2015, 02:28 AM
kobe has the same rings as bran with lesser teammates.:confusedshrug:
And considering that having wade/bosh is equivalent or even better than having shaq alone. Then 5/7>>2/6 is just fitting.:confusedshrug:
Dain Bramage.

Gileraracer
10-12-2015, 02:33 AM
I rank them as follows:

6/6
5/7
5/9
2/6

JT123
10-12-2015, 02:39 AM
I would rank it as:

Discuss
OP with the brilliant analysis, as always. :applause: :bowdown:

Kobe_6/8
10-12-2015, 02:56 AM
LeBron - LeBron ball goes deep into the playoffs.

Magic - Led the Showtime Lakers.

Jordan - He pushed his teammates, but he doesn't distribute the ball as often as Magic or LeBron.

Kobe - He has always needed a quality big to succeed in the playoffs.

Dragonyeuw
10-12-2015, 03:34 AM

Lebron- maximizes scrub roleplayers capabilities, craters the stats of star teammates who have to adapt to his style because he cant adapt to theirs:

Bosh pre Lebron in 2010: 24/10
Bosh with Lebron in 2014: 16/6
Bosh post Lebron 2015: 21/7
Wade pre Lebron 2010: 26/6/5
Wade with Lebron in 2014: 19/4/4
Wade post Lebron 2015: 21/5/4
Love pre Lebron in 2014 26/13
Love with Lebron in 2015: 16/10

Lebron field goal pre Miami in 2010: 50%
Lebron field goal in Miami 2013: 56%
Lebron field goal post Miami 2015: 48%, 39% in finals
Star teammates have to subjugate their games for him to thrive, while they're branded has-beens/disappointments

Kyrie now 'automatically' labelled superstar because of playing with Lebron?Well lets look at production:

Kyrie pre Lebron: 21/5
Kyrie with Lebron: 21/5
:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Disappears/shrinks at worst times, leaving teammates in a lurch:

2010: Celtics 'elbow game'
2011: 'worst finals performance for an ATG player in NBA history'
2014: Spurs ' I got cramps'

MJ- Wins championship the moment he has a respectable supporting cast. Never/rarely lost or shrank in moments where he was expected to win. Complementary star thrives alongside him.

Pippen in 92 with MJ: 21/7/7
Pippen in 94 without MJ : 22/8/5

Makes careers, household names, and champions out of players who otherwise did nothing( Every player not named Pippen, Grant or Rodman). Rodman was 34 year old castoff, comes to Chicago and wins 3 more rings and rebounding titles. Marries Carmen Elecktra, joins NWO, changing hair color becomes nightly NBA highlight.

Did I do it right?

ImKobe
10-12-2015, 04:04 AM
Magic
Kobe
MJ
Lebron

Magic is the GOAT at distributing the ball and running an offense that produces a lot of points, he made everyone around him better because he would always make the right play to the right player and he was also a threat to drop 30-40 points in his prime, could play any position

Kobe gets underrated in this aspect. Shaq, Pau, Bynum, Odom all had their best years playing with him and they won a lot of rings, look at their careers on other teams.

Lebron is a gifted passer but he's too much like your typical kid playing NBA 2K. Dominates the ball way too much, so those 7-8 assists he might drop aren't as valuable as you would think, he isn't Magic Johnson because he can't pass like Magic and in no way is he Jordan/Kobe as far as scoring goes, he's a tier below and his Playoff success (or lack thereof) shows that. Yes, he is great at padding his numbers playing against a ton of weak teams in the regular season and in the Eastern Conference Playoffs, but how many times has he come up short in the Finals for his career? Don't let the numbers against Spurs and GSW these past 2 yrs fool you, his team wasn't a threat to win those series so they let him get his at the expense of his teammates. That's why you saw his efficiency dip considerably in 2nd halves/crunch time.

There's a reason why he was a lot more efficient in Miami and why he was able to win b2b, their roster combined with the system made him play off-ball a lot more and he got a ton of baskets by catching the ball in the post, playing at the 4, or getting a wide open 3pt shot.

Cocaine80s
10-12-2015, 04:06 AM
Can hardly even decipher this garbage.

I don't even frequent realgm often at all. I did you see you make one of your usual shit posts that YOU said was from realgm, posting on/of splits in the finals that implied Igoudola was god and Curry was a scrub. :oldlol:

And then, someone took a shit on you in the thread. Which would happen a lot more often if you were actually taken seriously on this board.

You are a complete and utter idiot on these forums the biases don't help.

Besides the fact that it's ineligible, all your posts are absolute shit.
Then agai, you're a fan of both CP3 and KD. Watching them fail every year has probably done some damage to your poor brain.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

hamtaro got wrecked

Mr. Jabbar
10-12-2015, 04:15 AM

RAT.

POISON.

Lebron family lines up while Kenneth hands out the L's

:(

3ball
10-12-2015, 04:54 AM

Why use plural?... MJ won 6 championships with ONE all-star teammate.. Pippen.

Otoh, Lebron needed 2... Magic needed 2... Bird needed 2.. Duncan needed 2.. Kobe needed Shaq.

Bankaii
10-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Why use plural?... MJ won 6 championships with ONE all-star teammate.. Pippen.

Otoh, Lebron needed 2... Magic needed 2... Bird needed 2.. Duncan needed 2.. Kobe needed Shaq.
Grant was an all star the year after Jordan left. Rodman was before he joined the Bulls. It's not their fault Jordan-ball repressed them.

And why not use All-NBA and All-Defensive 1st team teammates? Jordan was the only one to have this out of the names listed. THREE times.

feyki
10-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Bill Russell
Kareem
Bird
Nash
Duncan

Rooster
10-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Completely false. They all had their best seasons before going to LA with Kobe, except Bynum.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Ariza was not even part of a rotation of a woeful Knicks team . Pau was getting no playoff wins and was only considered one of the best big men when he played with the Lakers and won 2 rings Odom was barely making any noteworthy attention until he won the 6th man award as a Laker. Individually only Artest was probably better but he was a wrecked until he played with the Lakers and won a ring.

Bankaii
10-12-2015, 10:08 AM

Ariza was not even part of a rotation of a woeful Knicks team . Pau was getting no playoff wins and was only considered one of the best big men when he played with the Lakers and won 2 rings Odom was barely making any noteworthy attention until he won the 6th man award as a Laker. Individually only Artest was probably better but he was a wrecked until he played with the Lakers and won a ring.
Who said anything about the Knicks you idiot?
You said the had their BEST seasons with Kobe. That is false.
You are talking about their notoriety which will obviously come when you're playing for the Lakers.

Pau's best statistical season was in Memphis. Ariza's in Washington/Houston. Artest with the Rockets. Odom with the Clippers. And Artest was a solid ass player before the Lakers, quit making shit up.

Quit confusing team success and fame with individual dominance. Kobe made none of them better players, he helped them get rings as they did the same for him.

Dragonyeuw
10-12-2015, 10:17 AM
Grant was an all star the year after Jordan left. Rodman was before he joined the Bulls. It's not their fault Jordan-ball repressed them.

Rodman's last all-star game was 92, 4 seasons before he joined Chicago. He was 35 and well past being one by that point.

Grant was, the two prior seasons before his lone all-star appearance in 94, 14/10 and 13/10. He 'jumped' to 15/11 when MJ left, so he was repressed by a whooping 2 points and 1 rebound? If 15/11 was good enough in 1994 to be an all-star, then the prior two seasons were good enough as well, the voters just felt other forwards were more deserving. He then goes to Orlando and averages 13/10, literally the same thing he averaged with MJ.

How about B.J Armstrong? From 12.3 with MJ to 14.8, a whooping 2.5 points more. If MJ was actually repressing these guys, when he was out in 94 you'd have seen far more significant increases in production. On the contrary, they were pretty close to maxing out their production with MJ still getting his 30/6/6.

Rooster
10-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Who said anything about the Knicks you idiot?
You said the had their BEST seasons with Kobe. That is false.
You are talking about their notoriety which will obviously come when you're playing for the Lakers.

Pau's best statistical season was in Memphis. Ariza's in Washington/Houston. Artest with the Rockets. Odom with the Clippers. And Artest was a solid ass player before the Lakers, quit making shit up.

Quit confusing team success and fame with individual dominance. Kobe made none of them better players, he helped them get rings as they did the same for him.

Did you say they were better before going to LA. It's a fact, most of Kobe teammate were better playing with Kobe. Smush, Kwame, Luke Walton etc. And of course team success is important because name me a player that put a better stat in a championship team than playing for a mediocre team.

ShawkFactory
10-12-2015, 10:26 AM
Magic
Kobe
MJ
Lebron

Magic is the GOAT at distributing the ball and running an offense that produces a lot of points, he made everyone around him better because he would always make the right play to the right player and he was also a threat to drop 30-40 points in his prime, could play any position

Kobe gets underrated in this aspect. Shaq, Pau, Bynum, Odom all had their best years playing with him and they won a lot of rings, look at their careers on other teams.

Lebron is a gifted passer but he's too much like your typical kid playing NBA 2K. Dominates the ball way too much, so those 7-8 assists he might drop aren't as valuable as you would think, he isn't Magic Johnson because he can't pass like Magic and in no way is he Jordan/Kobe as far as scoring goes, he's a tier below and his Playoff success (or lack thereof) shows that. Yes, he is great at padding his numbers playing against a ton of weak teams in the regular season and in the Eastern Conference Playoffs, but how many times has he come up short in the Finals for his career? Don't let the numbers against Spurs and GSW these past 2 yrs fool you, his team wasn't a threat to win those series so they let him get his at the expense of his teammates. That's why you saw his efficiency dip considerably in 2nd halves/crunch time.

There's a reason why he was a lot more efficient in Miami and why he was able to win b2b, their roster combined with the system made him play off-ball a lot more and he got a ton of baskets by catching the ball in the post, playing at the 4, or getting a wide open 3pt shot.
You just inadvertently gave Lebron a pass. He put up great numbers on teams with no chance of winning these past two years. Sound familiar?

Overall I agree with your assessments.

Bankaii
10-12-2015, 11:11 AM

Did you say they were better before going to LA. It's a fact, most of Kobe teammate were better playing with Kobe. Smush, Kwame, Luke Walton etc. And of course team success is important because name me a player that put a better stat in a championship team than playing for a mediocre team.
Instead of spamming this gay ass emojis how about you provide some proof to the bullshit you're spouting?

Smush was only healthy for the full season his 2 years in LA. And even then his ROOKIE season where he played 66 games is comparable to this 2 seasons.

Luke Walton played his entire career with the Lakers.

Kwame had his best season in Washington.

All these players either were better without Kobe or stayed the same with him. Kobe just isn't on that level of making teammates better.

And to your other point, just off the top of my head from last year from the Cavs both Kyrie and Mozgov has their best seasons last year on their first contending team.

Rooster
10-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Instead of spamming this gay ass emojis how about you provide some proof to the bullshit you're spouting?

Smush was only healthy for the full season his 2 years in LA. And even then his ROOKIE season where he played 66 games is comparable to this 2 seasons.

Luke Walton played his entire career with the Lakers.

Kwame had his best season in Washington.

All these players either were better without Kobe or stayed the same with him. Kobe just isn't on that level of making teammates better.

And to your other point, just off the top of my head from last year from the Cavs both Kyrie and Mozgov has their best seasons last year on their first contending team.

Why the heck Smush could not stay in the L.:confusedshrug:

And why the Wizards can't wait to trade Kwame:facepalm

All other players that played with Kobe have their best years playing with him. Sasha, Atkins, Mihm, Turiaf, Cook, George etc. :applause:

I said Championship team. Name me a player that put a better stat.:oldlol:

StephHamann
10-12-2015, 11:43 AM
The only player that Lebron made better is Tristan Thompson, because he can rebound all those Bricks from Lebron.

Bankaii
10-12-2015, 03:45 PM
The only player that Lebron made better is Tristan Thompson, because he can rebound all those Bricks from Lebron.
He had his two best rebounding seasons the two years before Lebron returned to the Cavs.

You're dubeta level retarded.