PDA

View Full Version : Chances LeBron Becomes 2/7 in 2016

Foster5k
10-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Given that the East is, well, the East. The Cavs basically can win the East with just LeBron and some scrubs. Now, with Kyrie and Love back, it's almost a given that the Cavs will be back in the Finals come 2016.

That begs the question. What are the chances that LeBron becomes 2/7 next season? The chances are pretty big. OKC with a healthy and extremely hungry Durant and Westbrook in the Finals is a nightmare. Golden State pretty much have perfected the modern offensive era of the NBA. Spurs are still the Spurs, etc.

I'm thinking the chances are above 50% that LeBron will be 2/7 in 2016.

JT123
10-12-2015, 02:54 PM
So do the Heat not exist anymore? :facepalm
They are literally 10 deep down in souf beach, plus the Hawks, Bulls, and Wizards should be much improved as well. The East is literally going to be a bloodbath this season. If Lebron could make it to his SIXTH straight Finals against all that elite competition, he automatically surpasses Jordan as GOAT

FreezingTsmoove
10-12-2015, 02:59 PM
I have no problem keeping Lebron on the same place on my all time list (right below Pippen) if he loses to a Wall led Wizards or the Bulls but if he goes 2/7 I'm dropping him 3 spots and moving Durant above him assuming Durant goes to at least the WCF

sportjames23
10-12-2015, 03:04 PM
If Bron goes 2/7, he drops out of the top 100. He's already just barely in, but going 2/7 will knock him out.

And I'm a big fan.

Lebron23
10-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Lots of $hitty posters in this thread.

WayOfWade
10-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Lots of $hitty posters in this thread.
Just noticed that

34-24 Footwork
10-12-2015, 03:50 PM
"He didn't have enough help".

Is that the same excuse you guys always give him?

And if they win, then he made Kyrie and Love "better".

StephHamann
10-12-2015, 03:53 PM
They are literally 10 deep down in souf beach, plus the Hawks, Bulls, and Wizards should be much improved as well. The East is literally going to be a bloodbath this season. If Lebron could make it to his SIXTH straight Finals against all that elite competition, he automatically surpasses Jordan as GOAT

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-o9WrqU3gk9M/Uf0cLfXc8_I/AAAAAAAAOFg/S6pHR0X5uOo/s1600/adrian-beltre.gif

SouBeachTalents
10-12-2015, 03:54 PM

You can honestly make that argument for '07, '14, and '15. In '07 and '15 just based on talent his team was totally outclassed, and in '14 not one player on the Heat had even a decent series

chips93
10-12-2015, 04:00 PM
I have no problem keeping Lebron on the same place on my all time list (right below Pippen) if he loses to a Wall led Wizards or the Bulls but if he goes 2/7 I'm dropping him 3 spots and moving Durant above him assuming Durant goes to at least the WCF

So hypothetically lebron wins an extra playoff series, and it somehow HURTS his legacy?

That makes zero sense

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-12-2015, 04:01 PM
28.571428571% chance. Cavs are LOADED and play in the WOAT conference, no excuses

Ai2death
10-12-2015, 04:08 PM
More than likely this will happen, The East got a bit stronger over the off season & the West, well, stayed the West.

Cavs maybe healthy, but Kyrie & Varajao are always plagued by injuries so it will all be on health. As Cavs fan love to say, 'IF' they were healthy last season, they would have won...

FreezingTsmoove
10-12-2015, 04:35 PM
So hypothetically lebron wins an extra playoff series, and it somehow HURTS his legacy?

That makes zero sense

Zero sense? Lebrons win average against the east is extremely high. A loss against an east teams doesnt hurt his winning percentage in the conference

A loss to a west team goes from 2/6 to 2/7 which makes his record even worse

If he was 5/6 and went 5/7 I wouldnt drop him on my GOAT list because he would have proven in the past that he can handle west teams

SouBeachTalents
10-12-2015, 04:39 PM
Zero sense? Lebrons win average against the east is extremely high. A loss against an east teams doesnt hurt his winning percentage in the conference

A loss to a west team goes from 2/6 to 2/7 which makes his record even worse

If he was 5/6 and went 5/7 I wouldnt drop him on my GOAT list because he would have proven in the past that he can handle west teams

Down syndrome confirmed

34-24 Footwork
10-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Lebron is the first nba player that has been celebrated for losing the majority of his career despite stacking the deck in a shitty conference.

So once again, he'll get let off the hook by the majority of posters here.

Wade's Rings
10-12-2015, 05:11 PM
You can honestly make that argument for '07, '14, and '15. In '07 and '15 just based on talent his team was totally outclassed, and in '14 not one player on the Heat had even a decent series

In 2007 his team supported him greatly based on Defense and rebounding.

@OP 0% chance because the Heat are going to the Finals :D

HurricaneKid
10-12-2015, 05:21 PM

Well neither guy had ever played a playoff game before LeBron so... yeah.

Wade's Rings
10-12-2015, 05:22 PM
Well neither guy had ever played a playoff game before LeBron so... yeah.

If you put them on the last years Cavs sans Bron do they miss the Playoffs?

stalkerforlife
10-12-2015, 05:22 PM
He will either be 2/7 or 3/7.

And he'll be able to coast all year in the east because there are zero threats to his all-star team.

Cold soul
10-12-2015, 05:27 PM
A great chance Lebron is known choker as was Wilt before him.

http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/48257913egghg_sm.jpg

9erempiree
10-12-2015, 05:52 PM
If they make it to the Finals than he is most likely going to lose.

Lebron wins 1 finals out of every 3.

SouBeachTalents
10-12-2015, 06:01 PM
If they make it to the Finals than he is most likely going to lose.

Lebron wins 1 finals out of every 3.

That's good math

poido123
10-12-2015, 06:12 PM
He could be saved by failing to make the finals.

Gotta think positive Lebron. aim low.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 01:14 AM
He could be saved by failing to make the finals.

Gotta think positive Lebron. aim low.
:lol He is cursed. Cursed with shit confrence which makes final appearances mandatory. Cursed with not "having enough talent" Cursed with 2/6 soon to be 2/7.He still walks into the finals even if he aims low.:lol

bobopenguin
10-13-2015, 01:20 AM
what if he decides to avoid the final, and just not make to the playoff?

which is worse?

- avg 30/10/10 but not making playoff
- avg 10/5/5 but lose on final
- Cavs won the champ but Bran was out cos injury on day 1

JT123
10-13-2015, 01:39 AM
If you put them on the last years Cavs sans Bron do they miss the Playoffs?
Based on their 2-9 record without him last season I would have to say yes, they would miss the playoffs. :confusedshrug:

bluechox2
10-13-2015, 01:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/e6Xwwuy.gif

Gileraracer
10-13-2015, 02:52 AM
His chances of making it to the finals is, thanks to the collusion with Love and Irving, around 60%.

His chances of loosing the finals is, thanks to the strong West, 80%.

BoutPractice
10-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Darned if you do darned if you don't...

To my (retrospectively naive) surprise, this whole 2/6 meme took off in spite of a premise that was so ridiculously unfair.

I still can't believe some seriously fault LeBron for losing 2015 of all years.

If LeBron, JR Smith, Mozgov, TT, Delly and Schumpert (both shooting less than 30% from the field) had somehow managed to beat those Warriors it would have rightly been regarded as one of the greatest upsets in the history of professional sports. LeBron almost single-handedly won them 2 games, and the Cavs were one shot away from winning 3... yet it still wasn't enough.

For some the idea has always been to look for ways to bring a particular player down... very much like an extreme political agenda, the overriding goal comes first, the facts are simply there to be twisted in whatever way suits that goal.

The same, by the way, applies to those who desperately try to diminish Kobe's accomplishments, whether by making him look like a sidekick barely more important than a Jason Terry or Vernon Maxwell type in the Shaq era, or by claiming that 09 and 10 was all Gasol and no Kobe.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Darned if you do darned if you don't...

To my (retrospectively naive) surprise, this whole 2/6 meme took off in spite of a premise that was so ridiculously unfair.

I still can't believe some seriously fault LeBron for losing 2015 of all years.

If LeBron, JR Smith, Mozgov, TT, Delly and Schumpert (both shooting less than 30% from the field) had somehow managed to beat those Warriors it would have rightly been regarded as one of the greatest upsets in the history of professional sports. LeBron almost single-handedly won them 2 games, and the Cavs were one shot away from winning 3... yet it still wasn't enough.

For some the idea has always been to look for ways to bring a particular player down... very much like an extreme political agenda, the overriding goal comes first, the facts are simply there to be twisted in whatever way suits that goal.

:lol GOATS Shoot 37% :lol

:applause: :applause: :applause:

BoutPractice
10-13-2015, 10:28 AM
It was 40%, not much lower than what Kobe averaged in 2010, or Dirk in 2011.
(Keeping in mind that it's more difficult to get quality shots when your perimeter players who are supposed to help spread the floor are shooting 30% on mostly wide open looks)

Call me back when you average 36, 13 and 9 against the best defense in the league in the NBA Finals.

The Cavs simply had no business winning this series.

Blame LeBron for 2011, sure. For not yet being ready for in 2007, sure. You can even make a case that he could've done more, or played a different style in 2014 and made the series winnable. But 2015? It just shows you're not being serious.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 10:32 AM
(Keeping in mind that it's more difficult to get quality shots when your perimeter players who are supposed to help spread the floor are shooting 30% on mostly wide open looks)

Call me back when you average 36, 13 and 9 against the best defense in the league in the NBA Finals.

The Cavs simply had no business winning this series.

:lol :lol Wot about after game 2 and 3 "DELLY! DELLY! DELLY!"

:lol

GoatBoy
10-13-2015, 12:01 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Le Shaqtus
10-13-2015, 12:15 PM

A bloodbath he says :roll:

Magic 32
10-13-2015, 12:19 PM

The Warriors gave him everything he wanted.

Comparing them to the Celtics defense is absurd.

Foster5k
10-13-2015, 12:25 PM
A bloodbath he says :roll:
:oldlol:

The East a bloodbath? I think he meant a massage parlor, because LeBron is going to get a lot of relaxation going through the playoffs in the East. Chris Bosh, of the Miami Heat, will make for a good masseuse for LeBron.

catch24
10-13-2015, 12:32 PM
50/50

Assuming they are healthy, OKC and The Warriors will be better than ever.

There's a possibility he might not even make the finals, as Chicago is still a semi-threat while Miami is the darkhorse in the conference. Again just a possibility albeit not likely

Foster5k
10-13-2015, 12:42 PM
50/50

Assuming they are healthy, OKC and The Warriors will be better than ever.

There's a possibility he might not even make the finals, as Chicago is still a semi-threat while Miami is the darkhorse in the conference. Again just a possibility albeit not likely
See, I'm thinking it's higher than 50/50. I'm sorry; but I'm not placing any stock in any team, in the East, beating the Cavs in a series. To me, it's all about the Cavs versus the Western champion. So, that's why my prediction is higher than 50% that he goes 2/7. I think they make the Finals, but they have a great chance to lose to either OKC, Warriors, or the Spurs.

catch24
10-13-2015, 12:51 PM
See, I'm thinking it's higher than 50/50. I'm sorry; but I'm not placing any stock in any team, in the East, beating the Cavs in a series. To me, it's all about the Cavs versus the Western champion. So, that's why my prediction is higher than 50% that he goes 2/7. I think they make the Finals, but they have a great chance to lose to either OKC, Warriors, or the Spurs.

Yeah if i'm putting money on the line, the cavs make the finals for sure.

OKC will be playing godly basketball, and at their best, I don't think even Golden State can beat them. Blatt would have night terrors thinking of ways to stop Westbrook and Durant who will be playing at their respective peaks. Again...scary

I'm just curious to see how Miami will look after they retooled and get Bosh back at full health (hopefully).

Foster5k
10-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Yeah if i'm putting money on the line, the cavs make the finals for sure.

OKC will be playing godly basketball, and at their best, I don't think even Golden State can beat them. Blatt would have night terrors thinking of ways to stop Westbrook and Durant who will be playing at their respective peaks. Again...scary

I'm just curious to see how Miami will look after they retooled and get Bosh back at full health (hopefully).
Agree. I can't wait to see Durant and Westbrook back together. Hopefully, we don't have another injury ridden postseason.

macpierce
10-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Lebron is a great player no doubt, but 2/7 would look really terrible :oldlol:

sd3035
10-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Let's see what we're working with here...

Stacked team in a shit conference, known finals choker

Chances are pretty high

D. Toretto
10-13-2015, 03:52 PM
if he goes 2/7, no one in the right mind can name him GOAT :facepalm even 2/6 GOAT is ridiculous

InsanityKills
06-21-2016, 02:55 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Hoopz2332
07-26-2016, 11:15 AM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/d/de/de8e5e53_okNjof8.gif