PDA

View Full Version : how far would the current lakers go with greg popovich

kennethgriffin
10-13-2015, 12:17 AM
i see 40-45 wins tops if everything clicks ( with byron )

they have serious fire power scoring wise.

defense and rebounding is my only concern. but thats mostly just coaching and effort.

how many more wins would the great greg popovich bring to the lakers.

http://cdn1.bloguin.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2013/04/uspw_7273694.jpg

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 12:19 AM
Goatbe would be lifting 6th Chip. D'Alpha will get praise as elite Pg who wins FMVP. Hibbert becomes alltime great playoff rim protector averaging 15/15/3/4

kennethgriffin
10-13-2015, 12:21 AM
Goatbe would be lifting 6th Chip. D'Alpha will get praise as elite Pg who wins FMVP. Hibbert becomes alltime great playoff rim protector averaging 15/15/3/4

all of this is true. except kobe would be finals mvp since d'alpha runs with the 2nd unit now

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 12:22 AM
all of this is true. except kobe would be finals mvp since d'alpha runs with the 2nd unit now

True!

bobopenguin
10-13-2015, 12:24 AM
i personally prefer Coach Sloan.
He actually turned pile of sh*t into a playoff team.

if it was some other PF like Blake, Bosh or Davis who paired up with deron instead of boozer, it would have be a utah dynasty.

but yeah, Sloan can turn current lakers into an army.

kennethgriffin
10-13-2015, 12:25 AM
its amazing tim duncan only has 4.5 rings with 19 years of pop

when kobe has 5 rings with only 9 years of phil

kennethgriffin
10-13-2015, 12:26 AM
i personally prefer Coach Sloan.
He actually turned pile of sh*t into a playoff team.

if it was some other PF like Blake, Bosh or Davis who paired up with deron instead of boozer, it would have be a utah dynasty.

but yeah, Sloan can turn current lakers into an army.

he got too old and stopped giving a sh*t

got ran out by deron williams... kind of pathetic

but when sloan was in his prime he was a top 5 all time level coach

T_L_P
10-13-2015, 12:50 AM
its amazing tim duncan only has 4.5 rings with 19 years of pop

when kobe has 5 rings with only 9 years of phil

By the same vein, it's amazing how Phil has 11 rings in 19 years

When Pop has 5 rings in 19 years.

Lebronxrings
10-13-2015, 12:52 AM
finals. Wouldn't be able to stop a angry lebron tho.

and kobe would still shoot 40%

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 12:53 AM
finals. Wouldn't be able to stop a angry lebron tho.

and kobe would still shoot 40%

Better than 37% :lol Take The L until next NBA FInals Lestans

JoHnShOeZ1492
10-13-2015, 12:53 AM
21-61.:bowdown: :cheers: :banana: :biggums:

kennethgriffin
10-13-2015, 02:47 AM
By the same vein, it's amazing how Phil has 11 rings in 19 years

When Pop has 5 rings in 19 years.

pop didn't make duncan miss that layup

toxicxr6
10-13-2015, 09:19 AM
The lakers roster is an absolute pile of crap....
Doesn't matter who coaches that roster it's still going to suck..

Best thing that can happen is leave Kobe on the bench and let the young guys develop.. Anything else is a complete waste of the season..

ShaqTwizzle
10-13-2015, 09:30 AM
Kobe doesn't have a personality that lends itself to aging well.

Unlike Duncan who took a smaller role and became more of a team/system player as he aged a declining Kobe played even more selfishly and raised his usage rate so he could maintain his stats at the expense of actual oncourt impact and team unity/effectiveness/success.

2011 & 2012 are the best examples of this.
I think Pop would quickly grow frustrated with Kobe and would probably quit.

Lebronxrings
10-13-2015, 09:45 AM
:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

ShawkFactory
10-13-2015, 10:01 AM
They'd win 5-10 more games. Fringe 8 seed

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 10:02 AM
They'd win 5-10 more games. Fringe 8 seed

:lol Thats just insulting to POP :facepalm

ShawkFactory
10-13-2015, 10:06 AM
:lol Thats just insulting to POP :facepalm
He's never had a team as bad as this lakers squad :confusedshrug:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 10:09 AM
He's never had a team as bad as this lakers squad :confusedshrug:

Pop Would literally turn Hibbert into Tim Duncan with better rebounding and better rim Protection. :pimp:

ShawkFactory
10-13-2015, 10:11 AM
Pop Would literally turn Hibbert into Tim Duncan with better rebounding and better rim Protection. :pimp:
:rockon:

aquaadverse
10-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Pops would merely make them suck less. Still a lottery team in the West.

T_L_P
10-13-2015, 10:52 AM

No he wouldn't. Hibbert would still play like shit under Pop and not be close to Duncan as a player.

Okay, so it'd be 6 in 19 years vs 11 in 19 years.

Phil still wins by a landslide.

kennethgriffin
10-13-2015, 12:38 PM
No he wouldn't. Hibbert would still play like shit under Pop and not be close to Duncan as a player.

Okay, so it'd be 6 in 19 years vs 11 in 19 years.

Phil still wins by a landslide.

phil had 3 separate top 10 all time players primes to work with

pop had one top 10 all time players prime

parkers a top 50 legend ... robinsons top 20... manu's top 60-70

kawhi might be top 50 someday

hes had a ton of talented role players too

but for a coach to have 3 teams with possible future goats playing in their primes. thats a huge advantage .. because they do their own thing regardless of whos coaching. they make it easy for the coach. its their offense anyway and they can choose to break it whenever.

pops just better at working with a ton of talent and making them co exist

and phil never really coached x's and o's or got up.. barely called time outs. barely made adjustments

phil was quoted a bunch saying "i like to let the guys work it out on their own"

tex winter ran the offense and implemented it originally

so he deserves half the credit

with pop its all about adjustments, he calls a timeout after every wrong play. he subs all the time after dumb plays

pop gets the most out of players. phils teams were lazy allot of the time and coasted

which is why the lakers got the best overall record once ... while the spurs got it like 7 times

pop is twice the coach phil is. he brings players from the bottom up. phil can only work with guys who are already established mega stars

LikeABosh
10-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Poor Kobe had to make do with Phil Jackson most of his career.

Foster5k
10-13-2015, 01:08 PM
I don't know. It's strange that only a handful of coaches have all the rings. Phil, Pop, Auerbach, Riley. It's something to be said about having one of these coaches. I think they really have an enormous impact on the over-all success of their teams.

If Pop was the current coach of the Lakers, I'm thinking they would be remarkably better.

kennethgriffin
10-13-2015, 01:48 PM
I don't know. It's strange that only a handful of coaches have all the rings. Phil, Pop, Auerbach, Riley. It's something to be said about having one of these coaches. I think they really have an enormous impact on the over-all success of their teams.

If Pop was the current coach of the Lakers, I'm thinking they would be remarkably better.

what separates pop is he won with a role player as finals mvp. and his only top 10 player being a relic of his former self

phil won all his rings with only PRIME top 10 legends

its obvious pop is a way better coach. and phil just coasted on the backs of all time possible goat level players at their peaks

if phil came back and lead this lakers team to a title with jordan clarkson as finals mvp. then he'd be on pops level

r15mohd
10-13-2015, 01:53 PM
phil had 3 separate top 10 all time players primes to work with

pop had one top 10 all time players prime

parkers a top 50 legend ... robinsons top 20... manu's top 60-70

kawhi might be top 50 someday

hes had a ton of talented role players too

but for a coach to have 3 teams with possible future goats playing in their primes. thats a huge advantage .. because they do their own thing regardless of whos coaching. they make it easy for the coach. its their offense anyway and they can choose to break it whenever.

pops just better at working with a ton of talent and making them co exist

and phil never really coached x's and o's or got up.. barely called time outs. barely made adjustments

phil was quoted a bunch saying "i like to let the guys work it out on their own"

tex winter ran the offense and implemented it originally

so he deserves half the credit

with pop its all about adjustments, he calls a timeout after every wrong play. he subs all the time after dumb plays

pop gets the most out of players. phils teams were lazy allot of the time and coasted

which is why the lakers got the best overall record once ... while the spurs got it like 7 times

pop is twice the coach phil is. he brings players from the bottom up. phil can only work with guys who are already established mega stars

cant beleive I agree with Kenny on this...someone check for the pigs flying please :lol :lol

Phil has had it easy in terms of who he's had to work with from a superstar role, but lets not forget he also had great role players (potential stars at times) in Kukoc, Rodman, Horace, Rice, Fox, Pau, Bynum, Artest, etc.

Pop's done a whole lot with a whole lot less.

still can't believe the parallel with this on Kenny...for the record, everything else you post is trash :cheers: :D

D. Toretto
10-13-2015, 03:59 PM

Pop Would literally turn 0/0 into floor wiper :pimp: