PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs are going to be a PROBLEM

LoneyROY7
10-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Just watched some of their starting 5's highlights vs. the Heat...

Geez, Aldridge fits TOO well with Duncan and Kawhi. If TP can be just a semblance of his former self, they're going to be ridiculously tough.

This might be the most talented Spurs team since the mid 2000s. Gonna be interesting to see what they do this year.

Dr Hawk
10-13-2015, 06:11 PM

Geez, Aldridge fits TOO well with Duncan and Kawhi. If TP can be just a semblance of his former self, they're going to be ridiculously tough.

This might be the most talented Spurs team since the mid 2000s. Gonna be interesting to see what they do this year.

I'm looking forward to see them in the PO's :cheers:

WayOfWade
10-13-2015, 06:16 PM
For sure they'll be entertaining/interesting to watch. If they can get Aldridge completely integrated in the system, the rest of the league better watch out. Realistically only the Warriors would stand a chance against them in the West, the Rockets wouldn't be able to, same thing with the Grizzlies. Maybe the clippers, I'll need a month or two of the regular season to see what they're made of.

Spurs m8
10-13-2015, 06:18 PM
LMA taking the best big defender is gonna let Duncan loose.
as we saw from 7-7 yesterday

The Spurs fringe players were so bad yesterday tho

Cocaine80s
10-13-2015, 06:29 PM
West seems pretty stacked this year.

Its about god damn time they caught up

RoseCity07
10-13-2015, 06:59 PM
They could win 75 games with good health. Thing I forgot is that Pop really doesn't give a f*ck and he'll sit guys for rest. They will be that good though.

poido123
10-13-2015, 07:39 PM
said career ending. nothing about death. man up, boy.

WTF is goin on in this thread?

:biggums:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:40 PM
But Yea DA was feastin and beastin

Scary good team. We'll knock them off though go DUBS:cheers:

Vaniiiia
10-13-2015, 07:43 PM
I just heard Durant's legs snap and WB's acl tear :lol :lol

Good show Jolly good show:djparty :hammertime: :party: :banana: :rockon:
:milton

You're an entertaining sideshow bro, but this is the shit that gets you banned all the time.

Alts on deck you bitch ass bag-boy.

:lol

(Kidding, mods, take it easy on me)

(Jeff, I love you bro, just wanna let you know that. ISH #1)

Rocketswin2013
10-13-2015, 07:44 PM
You're an entertaining sideshow bro, but this is the shit that gets you banned all the time.

:facepalm
He's the most entertaining poster on the main forum..

Is this good or bad? :oldlol:

poido123
10-13-2015, 07:45 PM

See ya.

Enjoy lurking ISH you bufoon :oldlol:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:46 PM

:lol :lol I'm a Magnitude and a Direction not an Alt :lol :banana: :banana:

poido123
10-13-2015, 07:49 PM
He's the most entertaining poster on the main forum..

Is this good or bad? :oldlol:

He's entertaining, but only for us to heckle him over and over again for our amusement :applause:

I have a feeling the mods will bring an end to this thread and a few posters...

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:50 PM
He's entertaining, but only for us to heckle him over and over again for our amusement :applause:

I have a feeling the mods will bring an end to this thread and a few posters...

:lol :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Goro
10-13-2015, 08:26 PM

No shit thread of the year.

outbreak
10-13-2015, 08:28 PM
They are almost as stacked of Lebron's heat.

catch24
10-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Healthy OKC will destroy them.

Bookmark that shit :pimp:

poido123
10-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Healthy OKC will destroy them.

Bookmark that shit :pimp:

No way.

I could see Leonard guarding Westbrook pretty well during this series and I think Aldridge could stay with Ibaka out on the perimeter.

Last time OKC exposed Spurs, they had no one to guard Westy and no one who could stay on the perimeter with Ibaka.

I think Spurs have enough to alleviate the damage OKC can do there now and also have new weapons they can use too.

L8krH8tr
10-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Its all because of Pop.. dude is a beast at coaching, put Phil Jackson to shame.

Cocaine80s
10-13-2015, 11:06 PM
No way.

I could see Leonard guarding Westbrook pretty well during this series and I think Aldridge could stay with Ibaka out on the perimeter.

Last time OKC exposed Spurs, they had no one to guard Westy and no one who could stay on the perimeter with Ibaka.

I think Spurs have enough to alleviate the damage OKC can do there now and also have new weapons they can use too.
Who guards Durant?

poido123
10-13-2015, 11:15 PM
Who guards Durant?

Probably take the pain here and have green or leonard switch up on him if westy is resting. Let Durant do his thing, after all a lot of his offense comes from the perimeter. Let him win a series shooting jumpshots and focus the attention on the rest.

At least, this would be a Pop type approach.

sportjames23
10-14-2015, 12:30 AM
Its all because of Pop.. dude is a beast at coaching, put Phil Jackson to shame.

11 > 5

3 three-peats and a repeat > no peat

Spurs m8
10-14-2015, 12:52 AM
11 > 5

3 three-peats and a repeat > no peat

Jackson got 6 of his by having the best player EVER on his team.
Got his other ones from stacked teams.

Pop is the real master here tbh

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-14-2015, 12:55 AM
Jackson got 6 of his by having the best player EVER on his team.
Got his other ones from stacked teams.

Pop is the real master here tbh
:cheers: Phil Jackson getting carried into HOF

Gileraracer
10-14-2015, 02:26 AM
It will depend on Tony Parkers form if they'll be just good or great

Force
10-14-2015, 06:31 AM
I bet the under in Vegas when it was at 58.5 wins

Parker looks like garbage. Maybe having Joseph, Splitter and Belinelli replaced will make them drop a few. That was my thinking. Splitter was their best player guarding the pick and roll and Marco was huge.

The gift of David West is a tremendous boost though. Obviously Pop will pace the team. Duncan is going to be resting a lot. Leonard was absolute GARBAGE last season especially in the playoffs so we've got to see if he can be healthy enough to contribute the way they need him to. Danny Green also played bad, it's funny he and Leonard both played bad and then got paid big anyways, lol. Rasual Butler put up some sick games for the Wizards when it looked like he was almost out of the league. He's going to have to be a real player for them this year. Definitely they are right there when it comes to winning the West and contending for a title.

I wish Aldridge wasn't so open about not wanting to have to play defense against like sized players and having to bang down low. Good player but geez, man up.

rmt
10-14-2015, 08:21 AM
I bet the under in Vegas when it was at 58.5 wins

Parker looks like garbage. Maybe having Joseph, Splitter and Belinelli replaced will make them drop a few. That was my thinking. Splitter was their best player guarding the pick and roll and Marco was huge.

The gift of David West is a tremendous boost though. Obviously Pop will pace the team. Duncan is going to be resting a lot. Leonard was absolute GARBAGE last season especially in the playoffs so we've got to see if he can be healthy enough to contribute the way they need him to. Danny Green also played bad, it's funny he and Leonard both played bad and then got paid big anyways, lol. Rasual Butler put up some sick games for the Wizards when it looked like he was almost out of the league. He's going to have to be a real player for them this year. Definitely they are right there when it comes to winning the West and contending for a title.

I wish Aldridge wasn't so open about not wanting to have to play defense against like sized players and having to bang down low. Good player but geez, man up.

I disagree that Danny got paid big. He is a bargain-basement deal at $10 million/year. DG gave up a lot to stay in SA especially since this is his first big deal and with the crazy money that's been given out this year. In comparison, Corey Joseph (who is no near DG) got $7.5million/yr. For what he brings (elite perimeter defense and excellent 3 pt shooting), DG is a steal.

I'm more worried about LMA's defense - he picked up a lot of fouls in a very short period of time guarding Bosh. Spurs perimeter depth has taken a hit too with the loss of Bellinelli and Joseph (and no replacements - those scrubs are terrible). Other than that, if Parker can contribute a little, they should be okay. Frontcourt is very strong/backcourt weaker.

GoatBoy
10-14-2015, 10:52 AM
Healthy Thunder > rest of the west

inclinerator
10-14-2015, 11:02 AM
clippers still beat them

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-14-2015, 11:11 AM
clippers still beat them

LoneyROY7
10-14-2015, 11:22 AM
clippers still beat them

:pimp:

Proctor
10-14-2015, 12:05 PM
clippers still beat them
Lettuce pretend that wasn't an anomaly :roll:

Spurs m8
10-14-2015, 04:13 PM
and let's pretend the Clippers have ever done anything and aren't pathetic overall

qrich
10-14-2015, 04:18 PM
The whole West is going to be a problem, but I'm more curious on how San Antonio will overcome Parker's negative net play.

All Net
10-15-2015, 04:03 AM
Their front court will be great but to me their lack of backcourt depth could hurt them. Parker and Manu look done so where is the support coming from? how about defensively.

Think they could have a rough regular season but will obviously be up there for the playoffs

Spurs m8
10-15-2015, 04:27 AM
This team could really push a championship or fail quite miserably I reckon.
We have some big pieces but I'm worried about depth and Parker.

Also, I hope we don't adopt too many mid to long 2s..because there's potential there for A LOT of them.

I think we will miss Beli through out the reg season too

bdreason
10-15-2015, 04:58 AM
Warriors gonna run these old timers off the court... if the Spurs can manage to get out of the 1st round this year. Probably fall into that 5-7 range, no HCA... could be tough.

poido123
10-15-2015, 05:14 AM
They added Aldridge and West, lost a couple of role players and somehow they are gonna struggle?

You guys are hilarious :oldlol:

The added talent means that the Spurs will be able to rest their older guys even more.

Look for Mills to play more minutes during the regular season.

Proctor
10-15-2015, 05:17 AM
I also want to go on the record and say I think Parker will have a bounce-back season. Obviously by that I don't mean all-star level play, but he won't be a negative on the floor. If that can happen, the Spurs won't be stopped easily.

I also wish I thought Rasual Butler would make the team because he could be a poor mans Bellineli with his 3pt ability.

LikeMike
10-15-2015, 06:47 AM
No shit, OP.

rmt
10-15-2015, 07:12 AM
This team could really push a championship or fail quite miserably I reckon.
We have some big pieces but I'm worried about depth and Parker.

Also, I hope we don't adopt too many mid to long 2s..because there's potential there for A LOT of them.

I think we will miss Beli through out the reg season too

Spurs' back court depth took a big hit with the loss of Belli and Joseph. They really help to keep Manu fresh for the playoffs. Don't see which scrub is gonna help throughout the regular season - don't see anything in Anderson.

Spurs m8
10-15-2015, 07:27 AM
I agree rmt

Clifton
10-15-2015, 07:58 AM
I think they might be even better than the early 2000s teams. Duncan's older, but he'll still give you 20/10 and top-3 interior defense in the playoffs. Who cares about the regular season? Duncan could play 20mpg and they'd still win 55 games.

I'm not sure what they've got for backcourt depth, and yes Parker has become questionable, but I see them as heavy title favorites.

If the Cavs lock up TT, they might overwhelm the Spurs by being more fresh and having a motivated Lebron who has discovered how Takeover Mode. But I say the Spurs win it this year.

All Net
10-15-2015, 09:19 AM
They added Aldridge and West, lost a couple of role players and somehow they are gonna struggle?

You guys are hilarious :oldlol:

The added talent means that the Spurs will be able to rest their older guys even more.

Look for Mills to play more minutes during the regular season.

Dismiss it if you wish but their backcourt depth is a weakness

toxicxr6
10-15-2015, 10:42 AM
Dismiss it if you wish but their backcourt depth is a weakness

There is also a couple of other things worth pointing out.. How Parker will play this season is really anyone's guess.. If he sorts out his injuries and bounces back even slightly then Spurs will be a top tier team..
Don't forget mills missed 7 months as well last year and struggled abit when he returned.. I except him to have a much better season than last, maybe even his best given his health is good and he has had time to find his shot again.
Another thing got to see how mccullum plays this year.. He was on par with Joseph last season.. Hopefully he can improve.
If mills and Ray improve then that can negate parker if he falls away again

Lastly I think spurs are in a position where they could swing a mid season trade for a point guard to if needed. Maybe package diaw and mills together... I'm sure that would be attractive to a lot of teams and they might be able to swing a very good pg in that deal
Have to wait and see

Haymaker
10-15-2015, 10:54 AM
Spurs' back court depth took a big hit with the loss of Belli and Joseph. They really help to keep Manu fresh for the playoffs. Don't see which scrub is gonna help throughout the regular season - don't see anything in Anderson.

Belinelli more than anyone. Joseph is redundant with Patty in there.

k0kakw0rld
10-15-2015, 12:58 PM
Healthy Thunder > rest of the west
:oldlol:

BlakFrankWhite
10-15-2015, 01:46 PM
Thunder would take 'em out in 5

Wally450
10-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Everyone says the Spurs are boring but I think they're gonna be fun to watch this year.

70+ wins.

Spurs m8
10-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Only people like clippers fans think the Spurs are boring.

they like to watch dj do that same boring dunk every time.
Oh cool...you put it in the hoop hard...was still boring and shit

Give me good team ball any day of the week tbh

Rocketswin2013
10-15-2015, 04:28 PM
They won't even win the division.

Even though that's kind of irrelevant now.

GabeIsGone
10-16-2015, 04:04 AM
Everyone says the Spurs are boring but I think they're gonna be fun to watch this year.

70+ wins.

After the two series with Miami, the Spurs have shed their 'boring' label, even among casual fans. They run one of the fastest offenses in the league and shoot the three like it's nobody's business.

LoneyROY7
10-16-2015, 04:25 AM
Only people like clippers fans think the Spurs are boring.

they like to watch dj do that same boring dunk every time.
Oh cool...you put it in the hoop hard...was still boring and shit

Give me good team ball any day of the week tbh

I made this thread f*ckboi.