PDA

View Full Version : Vinny Del Negro: "Clippers Haven't Gotten Out Of The 2nd Round, Hard To Blame Me"

DavisWarriorsFan
10-13-2015, 07:06 PM
https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnba/vinny-del-negro-goes-off-the-dribble-on-his-former-team-the-la-clippers

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:10 PM
https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnba/vinny-del-negro-goes-off-the-dribble-on-his-former-team-the-la-clippers

:lol :lol

LoneyROY7
10-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Stay salty Vinny.

I could draw up better plays than you.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:12 PM
Stay salty Vinny.

He is right though. Talk to me when you get out of the 2nd round. :lol

LoneyROY7
10-13-2015, 07:14 PM
He is right though. Talk to me when you get out of the 2nd round. :lol

If he was a good coach who was unjustly let go, he'd have room to talk. But he wasn't.

There's a reason he hasn't found another head coaching gig since.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:15 PM
If he was a good coach who was unjustly let go, he'd have room to talk. But he wasn't.

replaced him with a guy who hires his d-league 12th man son. :lol

LoneyROY7
10-13-2015, 07:16 PM
replaced him with a guy who hires his d-league 12th man son. :lol

Doc Rivers could put his daughter in our 12-man rotation and he'd still be a better coach than Vinny Del Negro.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Doc Rivers could put his daughter in our 12-man rotation and he'd still be a better coach than Vinny Del Negro.

He still needs to prove it by not getting exited each 2nd round. :lol

Meticode
10-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Del Negro is salty, but he's right too. Doc Rivers has had a better overall team, with gained experience and still hasn't sniffed the Finals or close to it.

Akrazotile
10-13-2015, 07:36 PM

:biggums:

He was fired bc Chris Paul wanted a black head coach.

Sterling came out and said he didnt even WANT to fire Vinny, but had to acquiesce to his stars. A few days later it was leaked to the media (tho hardly picked up unsurprisingly) that Paul was using his upcoming free agency to demand a black coach, and the rest of the summer the clippers spent intervieing Lionel Hollins, Brian Shaw, one other (black) guy I'm forgetting, then hiring Doc.

I mean I guess if you wanna define that as "just" well okay. To me, not so much.

Heavincent
10-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Damn, VDN wrecked Doc :oldlol:

Funny how he was the scapegoat, but nothing has really changed since he got fired.

buddha
10-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Vinny Del Negro would be a coach if he didn't have such a stupid ****ing name. Vinny The Black? is this guy serious? just change your name to Vincent Black you damned moron.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Damn, VDN wrecked Doc :oldlol:

Funny how he was the scapegoat, but nothing has really changed since he got fired.

Clips still taking L's :applause: :applause:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:42 PM
Vinny Del Negro would be a coach if he didn't have such a stupid ****ing name. Vinny The Black? is this guy serious? just change your name to Vincent Black you damned moron.

:lol

LoneyROY7
10-13-2015, 07:49 PM
:biggums:

He was fired bc Chris Paul wanted a black head coach.

Sterling came out and said he didnt even WANT to fire Vinny, but had to acquiesce to his stars. A few days later it was leaked to the media (tho hardly picked up unsurprisingly) that Paul was using his upcoming free agency to demand a black coach, and the rest of the summer the clippers spent intervieing Lionel Hollins, Brian Shaw, one other (black) guy I'm forgetting, then hiring Doc.

I mean I guess if you wanna define that as "just" well okay. To me, not so much.

He was a BAD coach. White, black, yellow, or purple. He was bad.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 07:49 PM

Chris Manlet getting innocent guy fired. All the 2nd round exits are Karma :lol

LoneyROY7
10-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Chris Manlet getting innocent guy fired. All the 2nd round exits are Karma :lol

Yes, innocent and bad.

catch24
10-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Bitter as he sounds, Vinny is right.

Not the best coach in the world, but the END result hasn't been much different with Doc who I feel is an overrated coach.

Inferno
10-13-2015, 07:58 PM
Clippers :oldlol:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 08:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRIaNHkechs

http://sweethoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/chris-paul-flopping.gif

Why they don't get out of 2nd round.

LoneyROY7
10-13-2015, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRIaNHkechs

http://sweethoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/chris-paul-flopping.gif

Why they don't get out of 2nd round.

What's your main account, bud?

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-13-2015, 08:09 PM
What's your main account, bud?

:lol I'm a Magnitude and a Direction

DonDadda59
10-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Stay salty Vinny.

Still wouldn't get out of the 2nd round doe. :oldlol:

Foster5k
10-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Vinny please. This guy was worst than Mark Jackson and Scott Brooks combined. All he ever did was iso with CP3. He didn't know how to develop players nor utilize the talent he had. Dude sound saltier than an ocean's crust.

Goro
10-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Rekt

LikeMike
10-13-2015, 08:32 PM
:roll:

JimmyMcAdocious
10-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Salty Negro.

bluechox2
10-13-2015, 09:32 PM
and doc is worse...yet its alright cause hes, plainly speaking, black

this speaks to how bad doc his:
plays his son star minutes in a pivotal game

http://sports-kings.com/passthepill/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fnmhf3ghgqyoapm0wrcz.gif

LoneyROY7
10-13-2015, 09:33 PM

http://sports-kings.com/passthepill/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/fnmhf3ghgqyoapm0wrcz.gif

You have absolutely zero credibility if you think Del Negro is a better coach than Rivers. Literally none.

bluechox2
10-13-2015, 09:34 PM
You have absolutely zero credibility if you think Del Negro is a better coach than Rivers. Literally none.
wheres the improvement besides a few more season wins
you fired him cause yall say he cant lead the team further in the playoffs...yet nothing has changed

Duderonomy
10-13-2015, 10:09 PM
I agree with everything VDN said. Mostly that last year was their opportunity. They matched up well against the Warriors , then the Cavs were undermanned. It's going to be a much tougher road with LMA on the Spurs, KD back, and the Warriors with championship experience.

Fiasco
10-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Rivers being an overrated coach and Del Negro being a flat out awful one aren't mutually exclusive theories.

SpecialQue
10-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Aside from that embarrassing choke job against the Rockets, I don't think any coach could have gotten the Clippers past the second round with the insane competition they've faced. They've faced some tough fvcking teams.

qrich
10-13-2015, 11:04 PM

[/IMG]

Doc isn't worse than Del Negro, he may not be the great coach everyone painted him to be when he was gifted the Big Three, but Vinny was horrid, and horrid to the point where I'd have taken Mike Dunleavy back 10 times out of 10.

Thinking on it, I'd take Dunleavy over Doc 10 out of 10 as well.

clipps
10-13-2015, 11:13 PM
Well, under VDN:
-2010-2011: Clippers missed the playoffs
-2011-2012: Gritty first round series to Grizzlies then swept by the Spurs in second round
-2012-2013: Backdoor swept by Grizzlies(of course no one brought that up yet)

Under Doc
-2013-2014: 7 games series to GSW and lost to Thunder in 6 during the Donald Sterling fiasco
-2014-2015: Grueling, yet epic 7 game series win to the Spurs, Epic choke job to the Rockets with a weak bench (GM Doc's fault on that one)

The Clippers haven't gotten out of the second round with Doc, but they have shown some progress compared to the VDN led Clippers. Blake Griffin has also been more aggressive under Doc and completely shaken that "soft/just a dunker" label that he was plagued with under VDN. And VDN's stint with the Bulls was very forgettable as well.

My main gripe with Doc is all the excuses and complaining he makes. I was hoping Doc would put an end to all the complaining the team makes, but it seems like it's gotten worse. Injuries, refs, lack of depth at the wing, etc. that shit happens to everyone. Now the Clippers have depth at the wing position, the team is as healthy as they can be to start the season(knock on wood), and the refs are refs. Everyone gets shafted by the refs from time to time. The Clippers are loaded with talent. No more excuses. If Doc cant take the Clippers past the second round(I think the bar should be a lot higher tbh), he needs to go.

Pushxx
10-14-2015, 12:13 AM
Rivers being an overrated coach and Del Negro being a flat out awful one aren't mutually exclusive theories.

A ****ing +

NewYorkNoPicks
10-14-2015, 12:56 AM

:roll: damn came out of semi-retirement just to say how awesome this post is

MEB2kDeez
10-14-2015, 01:05 AM
:oldlol: :applause:

JimmyMcAdocious
10-14-2015, 01:13 AM
Well, under VDN:
-2010-2011: Clippers missed the playoffs
-2011-2012: Gritty first round series to Grizzlies then swept by the Spurs in second round
-2012-2013: Backdoor swept by Grizzlies(of course no one brought that up yet)

Under Doc
-2013-2014: 7 games series to GSW and lost to Thunder in 6 during the Donald Sterling fiasco
-2014-2015: Grueling, yet epic 7 game series win to the Spurs, Epic choke job to the Rockets with a weak bench (GM Doc's fault on that one)

The Clippers haven't gotten out of the second round with Doc, but they have shown some progress compared to the VDN led Clippers. Blake Griffin has also been more aggressive under Doc and completely shaken that "soft/just a dunker" label that he was plagued with under VDN. And VDN's stint with the Bulls was very forgettable as well.

My main gripe with Doc is all the excuses and complaining he makes. I was hoping Doc would put an end to all the complaining the team makes, but it seems like it's gotten worse. Injuries, refs, lack of depth at the wing, etc. that shit happens to everyone. Now the Clippers have depth at the wing position, the team is as healthy as they can be to start the season(knock on wood), and the refs are refs. Everyone gets shafted by the refs from time to time. The Clippers are loaded with talent. No more excuses. If Doc cant take the Clippers past the second round(I think the bar should be a lot higher tbh), he needs to go.

I think it's laughable to compare the two and I'm very much on the Doc is an incredibly overrated coach train. But not sure why you start VDN's comparison without CP3 (2011). It's second round and losing to a much better Spurs team. Then choke job. Doc: second round and then second round choke job.

And Doc has had the benefit of CP3 getting used to the roster and Blake and DJ's progression (which the latter I think Doc deserves credit for, tho)

TheBigVeto
10-14-2015, 01:22 AM

He spoke the truth.
The Clippers' problem was never DelNegro or Donald Sterling.
It's CP3.

DCL
10-14-2015, 01:42 AM
did vinny ever blow a 3-1 lead?

TheBigVeto
10-14-2015, 01:51 AM

Vincent Black or Vinny The Black don't sound hood. He gotta keep it real.

Funktion
10-14-2015, 02:01 AM
http://cdncms.todayszaman.com/todayszaman/2014/04/28/184174_newsdetail.jpg

JerrySeinfeld
10-14-2015, 02:02 AM
the man is speaking tha trouf

clipps
10-14-2015, 05:11 AM
I think it's laughable to compare the two and I'm very much on the Doc is an incredibly overrated coach train. But not sure why you start VDN's comparison without CP3 (2011). It's second round and losing to a much better Spurs team. Then choke job. Doc: second round and then second round choke job.

And Doc has had the benefit of CP3 getting used to the roster and Blake and DJ's progression (which the latter I think Doc deserves credit for, tho)

I used 2011 because VDN was the Clippers head coach then. I agree, though. It is laughable to compare the 2. VDN would be a HC by now if he had credibility. Doc definitely had the benefit of having dynamic players. He was mediocre before that 2008 Boston team. Doc has experience with high profile players. Vinny just ran the "Chris Paul offense." The Clippers were a .500 team in 2012 after that 17 game winning streak. Like I said earlier. if Doc can't get the Clippers past the 2nd round, he should get fired. Maybe he can get into politics, because he's really good an spewing bullshit after every failure.

Kiddlovesnets
10-14-2015, 12:31 PM
And they just got humiliated by the Bobcats, wow.
:eek:

TheCalmInsanity
10-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Oh look another Warriors fan making a Clippers thread

A trash coach that isn't in the league anymore makes a comment about the Clippers and it's thread worthy

Vinny Del Negro has about as much of a voice as some of the tards on this forum