PDA

View Full Version : who should the bulls go to in the clutch? rose or butler

RidonKs
10-14-2015, 11:54 AM
how often over the past five years have we watched this squad go belly up the last five minutes of an important game where they can't find a bucket to save their lives?

reminiscent of the blazers meltdown in 2000 against the lakers. they had a similar problem; give it to steve smith? scottie pippen? damon stoudemire? rasheed wallace? bonzi wells? push comes to shove, guys start looking at one another like i thought it was your turn and nobody steps up.

part of it is lacking a guy with a takeover mentality, part of it is thibs system that had the high post distributing big aka noah as a focal point. as soon as the opposing team goes into crunch time defensive mode, this team starts furiously overpassing for late clock shots or rushing up early jumpers.

so derek rose or jimmy butler?

i vote for jimmy, mostly because of his jumper which has consistently improved, whereas rose's jumper has just been inconsistent.

hopefully rose will have the maturity to take a step back, once hoiberg makes it clear that's the direction the team needs to go.

imdaman99
10-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Rose is more capable of getting his own shot off. I think Butler is easier to defend.

That being said, I would create a play to get Mirotic a screen and an open look :oldlol:

r15mohd
10-14-2015, 12:03 PM
give it to Gasol...he's good at winning games for his team's superstar :D

Kblaze8855
10-14-2015, 01:30 PM
Just depends....

Halfcourt over the course of several minutes Jimmy or Pau. One play...tied or down 1? Jimmy can draw fouls and is pretty nice on the fadeaway lately. Id be comfortable giving him the ball with Rose the bailout option if he doesn't like his look. Down 2 or three need a shot created? Rose of course. Game getting out of hand and you need a spark? Get Rose the ball quick in transition and let him take over.

You have 3 guys who can have 30 without anyone being surprised. Go with what the moment calls for.

wally_world
10-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Dunleavy

guy
10-15-2015, 12:38 AM
Rose is good in the clutch except when he's at the line (which I'm not downplaying it's obviously a big part.) His knack for being able to hit huge shots at the end of games is maybe the one thing he hasn't seem to have lost.

Lebronxrings
10-15-2015, 12:44 AM
gasol- capable, proven clutch scorer.

poido123
10-15-2015, 01:01 AM
Rose is more capable of getting his own shot off. I think Butler is easier to defend.

That being said, I would create a play to get Mirotic a screen and an open look :oldlol:

I'd say rose hands down up till this preseason, but I think Butler has much improved handles and 1 on 1 game has further improved.

With Rose upcoming free agency situation in 2017, I think it's wise for the Bulls to go the Butler direction and give him the reigns. I think rose will demand the max and he will leave.

Zoobieshoes
10-15-2015, 01:15 AM
The one who won't tear his ACL.

97 bulls
10-15-2015, 01:58 AM
I agree with Kblaze. Itsna circumstantial decison. All things being equal, id go with Rose because hes done it a few times before

TheBigVeto
10-15-2015, 01:58 AM
give it to Gasol...he's good at winning games for his team's superstar :D

This is the correct answer. Give the ball to one who was NBA Finals true MVP and get out of the way.

Gileraracer
10-15-2015, 03:48 AM
They shouldn't find the best shooter, they should find the best shot.

nathanjizzle
10-15-2015, 04:36 AM
you give rose the ball and what ever he decides to do is the right choice.

poido123
10-15-2015, 06:03 AM
Butler is the more strong minded individual.

Time to start putting trust him him.

Rose is false hope. He's not the player before the injuries, his mind is focused on money and setting up his family.