PDA

View Full Version : Bust or Cancer, who hurts your team more?

Kiddlovesnets
10-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Well lets say your team has drafted a bust player, or that your team has a cancerous player, who will hurt your team more? Would you rather see a bust on your team, or a cancer on your team?

r15mohd
10-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Well lets say your team has drafted a bust player, or that your team has a cancerous player, who will hurt your team more? Would you rather see a bust on your team, or a cancer on your team?

cancerous is worse...he destroys any chemistry and prevents advancement due to his/her nature.

a bust is a least trying, however just cant make the cut. commodore and so forth is there, full support and effort, but again just falls short on the scale of being a that level of a player

rather have a bust any day of the week

RRR3
10-14-2015, 12:36 PM
Most players I've seen referred to as cancers are/were really ****in good.

r15mohd
10-14-2015, 12:40 PM
Most players I've seen referred to as cancers are/were really ****in good.

are you really that good if your ego jeopardizes the team tho? there are many talented players, but if you're individually good yet cant move forward due that negative nature, that's little praise deserved to me.

many can find a median and have done so to stay winning...Kobe, AI to name a couple who I remeber being labeled cancerous to the team but were able to trump that and win by taking the ego down a bit

SsKSpurs21
10-14-2015, 12:45 PM
it will depend on how high of a pick the bust was. if they were a top 5 pick then you are really hoping that person can turn your team around. guys like kwame brown, michael olowakandi etc have kept their teams in rebuild stages for years.

players like AI, Rondo, etc are considered cancers but they are also really good. they can always be traded for some value where a bust has no real value.

Mr. Jabbar
10-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Am I the only one who finds in TERRIBLE taste using the word "cancer" to describe a player?

Legends66NBA7
10-14-2015, 12:48 PM
A bust.

You can actually still win a lot of games, go deep in the playoffs, and even with all (multiple times) with "cancers". Can a bust do all that as a focal point or even as a rotation player ? Maybe as a rotational player on deep bench but I doubt it as a starter or focal point.

HurricaneKid
10-14-2015, 12:50 PM
If someone is winning a title, none of their major contributors are cancers. Period.

Cancers make you worse short term but missing on a top 3 pick will impact your team for longer. You can just cut out a cancer. You can't re-pick your lotto pick.

GoatBoy
10-14-2015, 02:02 PM
Everyone on this board seems to think Kobe is a cancer, but he got 5 rings so... A bust is the obvious answer here

r15mohd
10-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Everyone on this board seems to think Kobe is a cancer, but he got 5 rings so... A bust is the obvious answer here

Kobe's fluctuated on the notion...that cannot be denied. 2004 in routing the Lakers of another title, and eventually running Shaq out of town. most recent with him throwing Pau and D12 under the bus, and both eventually leaving due to it...and lets not take into consideration the shot jacking that is basically statpadding Kobe up and worsening the Lakers overall.

he's also been able to moderate his ego to allow winning, which also can't be refuted. so it really becomes who can control or align him to help the team success...Phil, and only Phil it seems...based on the titles/success with PJ, and cancerous play without PJ.

Rake2204
10-14-2015, 02:29 PM
Mid-2000's Pistons were the first team to come to mind here. They were able to compensate for Darko Milicic's on-court ineptitude. I feel they would have been more negatively impacted if one of their players was a "cancer", so to speak... which is what kind of happened when the Allen Iverson era unfolded in Detroit (though he wasn't alone in his actions).

GoatBoy
10-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Kobe's fluctuated on the notion...that cannot be denied. 2004 in routing the Lakers of another title, and eventually running Shaq out of town. most recent with him throwing Pau and D12 under the bus, and both eventually leaving due to it...and lets not take into consideration the shot jacking that is basically statpadding Kobe up and worsening the Lakers overall.

he's also been able to moderate his ego to allow winning, which also can't be refuted. so it really becomes who can control or align him to help the team success...Phil, and only Phil it seems...based on the titles/success with PJ, and cancerous play without PJ.
Kobe is willing to adjust and do whatever it takes to make his team better to win. The years after Shaq left and the roster was basically Kobe, Smush, and Luke Walton, can you blame the guy for turning into Chuckbe? Pass and more often than not, it will result in a missed field goal. Kobe was by far the most capable scorer on these teams, so why pass to someone who has a much lower chance of making the shot?

r15mohd
10-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Kobe is willing to adjust and do whatever it takes to make his team better to win. The years after Shaq left and the roster was basically Kobe, Smush, and Luke Walton, can you blame the guy for turning into Chuckbe? Pass and more often than not, it will result in a missed field goal. Kobe was by far the most capable scorer on these teams, so why pass to someone who has a much lower chance of making the shot?

OK, thanks for the cherry picking to push your agenda...however, what about with Pau after the 2-peat, and then with D12? why didn't he adjust then?

the team needed Kobe to simmer his role some to allow them to gel/win...he refused, ridiculed them and drove them away as it was going to be the Kobe system in the end. is it that he's only willing to listen to PJ to have him make these moves to better the team? :confusedshrug:

whatever it may be, Kobe has the label to him...but he also knows how to tone his sh!t down to win, he chooses it very selectively to one constant, that being PJ

also, as to your indication on why Kobe should pass to someone...we've seen this image far too mnay times, and speaks for itself throughout his career. it's no fallacy to why they refer to him as ChuckBe and has the most missed FGs, ever

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YUyAGsuSs7w/UgjSa93OJlI/AAAAAAAAFhk/stH_cW_YV5E/s640/3.JPG

JT123
10-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Um, there is a reason for that.
[B]
The Lakers are 14 points per 100 possessions better with Kobe off the court this season than they are with Kobe on the court. Among all players with at least 1,000 minutes this season, only Kobe's teammate Jordan Hill has had a more negative effect on his team's production than Bryant himself.

Kobe ranks among the worst players in the league this season in a number of categories:

imdaman99
10-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Rent-free. Kobe was a major part of 5 rings, yet he is on the tip of these Lebron stans tongues :roll:

riseagainst
10-14-2015, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=JT123]Um, there is a reason for that.
[B]
The Lakers are 14 points per 100 possessions better with Kobe off the court this season than they are with Kobe on the court. Among all players with at least 1,000 minutes this season, only Kobe's teammate Jordan Hill has had a more negative effect on his team's production than Bryant himself.

Kobe ranks among the worst players in the league this season in a number of categories:

ArbitraryWater
10-14-2015, 03:25 PM
A Bust could be an all-star and great teammate that was prospected as becoming GOAT.

Cancer has an evident negative personality/teammate/chemistry trait.

KungFuJoe
10-14-2015, 03:33 PM
Kobe is the biggest cancer I've ever witnessed. Even this preseason, he's still the same dumb mother****er who refuses to change his game. Still jacking up shots with three guys on him. Still heat checking EVERY ****ing time he manages to hit a three pointer.

Want this ****er off my team.

Kobe_6/8
10-14-2015, 03:47 PM
it will depend on how high of a pick the bust was. if they were a top 5 pick then you are really hoping that person can turn your team around. guys like kwame brown, michael olowakandi etc have kept their teams in rebuild stages for years.

players like AI, Rondo, etc are considered cancers but they are also really good. they can always be traded for some value where a bust has no real value.

A Bust could be an all-star and great teammate that was prospected as becoming GOAT.

Cancer has an evident negative personality/teammate/chemistry trait.

Good points. Dwight Howard could be a 'bust', but still a Hall of Fame Center. A true bust like Kwame keeps their team in the rebuilding stage.

A cancer hurts the team more. They usually care about individual stats more than winning games.

GoatBoy
10-14-2015, 03:48 PM
OK, thanks for the cherry picking to push your agenda...however, what about with Pau after the 2-peat, and then with D12? why didn't he adjust then?

the team needed Kobe to simmer his role some to allow them to gel/win...he refused, ridiculed them and drove them away as it was going to be the Kobe system in the end. is it that he's only willing to listen to PJ to have him make these moves to better the team? :confusedshrug:

whatever it may be, Kobe has the label to him...but he also knows how to tone his sh!t down to win, he chooses it very selectively to one constant, that being PJ

also, as to your indication on why Kobe should pass to someone...we've seen this image far too mnay times, and speaks for itself throughout his career. it's no fallacy to why they refer to him as ChuckBe and has the most missed FGs, ever

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YUyAGsuSs7w/UgjSa93OJlI/AAAAAAAAFhk/stH_cW_YV5E/s640/3.JPG
The 2011 season was a run down, injury riddled Kobe that was worn down from age and three straight finals appearances, and this is why they were swept by Dallas. Not sure why you are taking away from 2013 Kobe, though. Dude did all he could to get that team in contention for the playoffs, and it worked. A healthy Kobe would have given that Spurs team a run for their money. Yes, the team looked phenomenal on paper, but injuries and Dwight being soft and whiny derailed the superstar power they had, and Kobe proved that he was still a top 3 player in the league at this time. Couldn't ask much more of one man at such an advanced age if you ask me :confusedshrug:

JT123
10-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Kobe is the biggest cancer I've ever witnessed. Even this preseason, he's still the same dumb mother****er who refuses to change his game. Still jacking up shots with three guys on him. Still heat checking EVERY ****ing time he manages to hit a three pointer.

Want this ****er off my team.
A REAL Laker fan on ISH? :wtf:
You have my sympathies good sir. If I had a cancer like that on my favorite team I would probably stop watching basketball. :(

GoatBoy
10-14-2015, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=JT123]Um, there is a reason for that.
[B]