PDA

View Full Version : Job Placement Agencies

JohnnySic
10-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Has anyone ever gotten a job through one of these places? Seems to me like they exist only to collect resumes to fill quotas, use the resume contacts to drum up new business, post fake job listings to draw people in, and essentially bring nothing to the table for the job seeker. How do these places stay in business?

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2015, 01:00 PM
When I first got out of high school I got a few low-paying gigs that way but nothing real. Also, I remember finding the environment in Labor Ready extremely depressing. A bunch of unemployed, desperate men standing around a dirty office sucking down bad coffee.

UK2K
10-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Has anyone ever gotten a job through one of these places? Seems to me like they exist only to collect resumes to fill quotas, use the resume contacts to drum up new business, post fake job listings to draw people in, and essentially bring nothing to the table for the job seeker. How do these places stay in business?

My girlfriend is a recruiter for one.

She doesn't do the shitty jobs, typically her jobs pay $18/hr+ up to mid $30's/hr.

She finds qualified people (I use that term loosely) for positions (her's are all permanent positions, not temporary like a low end staffing agency) for companies that are too lazy to do the hiring and vetting on their own. She finds workers for Toyota, Pepsi, etc.

The companies then pay their worker $X per hour, and pay the company a % of that for finding the employee for them. The company will continue to pay unless that employee is terminated or hired on as an actual employee (which is rare).

Jailblazers7
10-14-2015, 02:39 PM
My girlfriend is a recruiter for one.

She doesn't do the shitty jobs, typically her jobs pay $18/hr+ up to mid $30's/hr.

She finds qualified people (I use that term loosely) for positions (her's are all permanent positions, not temporary like a low end staffing agency) for companies that are too lazy to do the hiring and vetting on their own. She finds workers for Toyota, Pepsi, etc.

The companies then pay their worker $X per hour, and pay the company a % of that for finding the employee for them. The company will continue to pay unless that employee is terminated or hired on as an actual employee (which is rare).

Yeah, I've had those types of agencies contact me before. LinkdIn is infested with them. :lol

UK2K
10-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I've had those types of agencies contact me before. LinkdIn is infested with them. :lol
Yep. She gets paid more for the more jobs she fills, which is why she works 60 hours a week and I dont.

Eff that.

PWB15
10-15-2015, 12:57 AM

Try going to your local state career center to find employment which is more legit.

NumberSix
10-15-2015, 12:58 AM
They give our jobs?

PWB15
10-15-2015, 01:05 AM
They give our jobs?

You need to be skilled and have a resume

Goro
10-15-2015, 01:07 AM
Temp agencies will get you shit jobs. But a personal headhunter can do wonders.

UK2K
10-15-2015, 09:23 AM
Temp agencies will get you shit jobs. But a personal headhunter can do wonders.

Right. There's a difference between a temp agency and a staffing agency.

Like I said, my girlfriend finds applicants for Toyota and Pepsi, jobs that pay 20+/hr.

My aunt does the same thing for a hospital in Charleston, SC. She finds doctors.

Its good money if you can work your way up.