PDA

View Full Version : Hoiberg: Rose may not be ready for Bulls opener

JohnMax
10-15-2015, 01:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/13880795/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-most-likely-miss-rest-preseason

24-Inch_Chrome
10-15-2015, 01:59 AM
Isn't this the same type of injury that sidelined Westbrook for all of one game?

JT123
10-15-2015, 02:00 AM
Still ducking Lebron. :facepalm

97 bulls
10-15-2015, 02:04 AM
Damn. Its preseasona nd already guys are nursing injuries. Noah, Rose, ans Gibson.

Akrazotile
10-15-2015, 02:23 AM

It's incredible.

He is permanently shook for all time. Never seen anything like it.

poido123
10-15-2015, 02:33 AM

Didn't Rose light up the Cavs with Lebron in the first game of last season to the tune of 30 points?

#cannotrecoverfromthis

#holetoodeep

Ughh, I hate defending Rose these days...

Cocaine80s
10-15-2015, 02:35 AM
Didn't Rose light up the Cavs with Lebron in the first game of last season to the tune of 30 points?

#cannotrecoverfromthis

#holetoodeep

Ughh, I hate defending Rose these days...
Didnt Delly make him his bitch in game 6 doe

poido123
10-15-2015, 02:36 AM
I now truly believe that Rose main priority is the next big pay day in 2017.

Wouldn't be surprised if he avoids a lot of drives this year to avoid getting hurt.

LoneyROY7
10-15-2015, 02:37 AM
I'M SHOCKED.

https://media.giphy.com/media/adiJKULgJq20U/giphy.gif

poido123
10-15-2015, 02:38 AM

Do you always make irrelevant comebacks?

bigt
10-15-2015, 02:38 AM
I now truly believe that Rose main priority is the next big pay day in 2017.

Wouldn't be surprised if he avoids a lot of drives this year to avoid getting hurt.

Does Chicago give him that payday? Honest question, given how unreliable he's been in terms of being on the court, do they really throw him the kind of deal he'd be after. I wouldn't honestly

poido123
10-15-2015, 02:44 AM
Does Chicago give him that payday? Honest question, given how unreliable he's been in terms of being on the court, do they really throw him the kind of deal he'd be after. I wouldn't honestly

I think he might get a discounted max if he takes it. As in, 10 or 20 million overall discount, but I'd stay clear altogether.

I'd hard ball him and offer 12-15 a year for 3 years. I don't think we want a Rose over the age of 30.

Why stay with someone who keeps getting injured and high risk of more? Not to mention he's going to be what 27 come free agency? which he could easily fall off pretty hard if his athleticism takes a dive, which is likely with his injuries...

we need to build around butler, portis, mcdermott, mirotic and find pieces around that. I think the gibson/noah/rose era has had enough time to do something.

Cocaine80s
10-15-2015, 02:46 AM
Do you always make irrelevant comebacks?
And how is Rose scoring 30 points in the first game of last season more relevant? :facepalm

poido123
10-15-2015, 02:50 AM
And how is Rose scoring 30 points in the first game of last season more relevant? :facepalm

Look at thread title.

Then this post: "Still ducking Lebron"

How do those go together if Rose didn't duck Lebron in the opener last year?

:hammerhead:

Cocaine80s
10-15-2015, 03:11 AM
Look at thread title.

Then this post: "Still ducking Lebron"

How do those go together if Rose didn't duck Lebron in the opener last year?

:hammerhead:
He was ducking him in the playoffs when he sat out the 4th quarter of game 6:confusedshrug:

Pointguard
10-15-2015, 11:25 AM
How about those last two finals MVPs... in Lebron's healthy prime 0 for 2. And the best SF is on deck.

livinglegend
10-15-2015, 11:29 AM
what a loser :facepalm
Bulls should waive him.

livinglegend
10-15-2015, 11:30 AM
How about those last two finals MVPs... in Lebron's healthy prime 0 for 2. And the best SF is on deck.

Now, FMVP is basically a team award.
Otherwise, Lebron was the real FMVP both times.
In reality, he has 4 FMVPs and 2 rings.
I hate hypotheticals, but switch Lebron and Kawhl/Iggy, Lebron wins FMVP easily.

derb2k2
10-15-2015, 11:35 AM
easily the most fragile (physically and mentally) player in the league. What a disgrace :facepalm

Even though he's a Bull, he would've been great without the injuries for sure. Such a shame.

livinglegend
10-15-2015, 11:38 AM
easily the most fragile (physically and mentally) player in the league. What a disgrace :facepalm

Even though he's a Bull, he would've been great without the injuries for sure. Such a shame.

He should be banned from NBA.
He is really a bad role model for all the kids watching Bulls basketball.
Look at Rose stans in here, they are all losers like Rose.

kshutts1
10-15-2015, 12:40 PM
If (huge if) Rose comes back and plays really well for an extended stretch, I say Bulls trade him then and there. I've been calling for Rose to be traded for a while now. It doesn't make sense right now, but if he strings together a good month or two, his stock will be higher, though still not high.

Let's say Rose throws together a November and December of 22/7/4 on 45%. Nothing spectacular, but solid. I'd then do my best to trade him to any team willing to part with a young scoring guard, a la Jordan Clarkson, Marcus Smart, Knight, McCollum, or Burks.

Barring that, maybe Indiana would be willing to swap Hill for Rose.

Though I think any of those teams would be pretty stupid to make that trade.

Either way, his time in Chicago should be coming to an end. I hope the FO doesn't get cold feet if Rose throws up a good couple months, and just assumes he's back.

kshutts1
10-15-2015, 12:43 PM
Another point about Rose, though, is that Chicago is in a very unenviable position.

Rose offers Chicago more value than they do anyone else, and Rose offers more value this season than any package the Bulls could realistically get for Rose.

HOWEVER, the cord just needs to be cut, simple as that. Pretty odd situation, IMO.

Pointguard
10-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Now, FMVP is basically a team award.
Otherwise, Lebron was the real FMVP both times.
In reality, he has 4 FMVPs and 2 rings.
I hate hypotheticals, but switch Lebron and Kawhl/Iggy, Lebron wins FMVP easily.
I agree. Just a swipe at the low blow artist I was responding to.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 08:17 PM
Rose not ready to play? In other news, the sky is blue.

Pointguard
10-15-2015, 08:21 PM
If (huge if) Rose comes back and plays really well for an extended stretch, I say Bulls trade him then and there. I've been calling for Rose to be traded for a while now. It doesn't make sense right now, but if he strings together a good month or two, his stock will be higher, though still not high.

Let's say Rose throws together a November and December of 22/7/4 on 45%. Nothing spectacular, but solid. I'd then do my best to trade him to any team willing to part with a young scoring guard, a la Jordan Clarkson, Marcus Smart, Knight, McCollum, or Burks.

Barring that, maybe Indiana would be willing to swap Hill for Rose.

Though I think any of those teams would be pretty stupid to make that trade.

Either way, his time in Chicago should be coming to an end. I hope the FO doesn't get cold feet if Rose throws up a good couple months, and just assumes he's back.
Yeah, its very close to severing ties at this point. I can't tell if Rose is mad at management or the fans at this point. His statements come from one of the two sources and he almost is at the point where he totally doesn't care of the repercussions. I believe its management.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-15-2015, 08:27 PM
2Shook4Me

Pointguard
10-15-2015, 08:28 PM
He should be banned from NBA.
He is really a bad role model for all the kids watching Bulls basketball.
Look at Rose stans in here, they are all losers like Rose.
This is your mind on drugs. You think you're a legend and barely can get a coherent sentence out and one decent post. He's a bad role model for you - we get it, but you shouldn't be looking to him for that.

oh the horror
10-15-2015, 11:02 PM
Chicago should be itching to trade this guy and hopefully get back ANY value for him. I can't imagine what contract he gets after this if he continues to sit out like this.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-15-2015, 11:18 PM
Chicago should be itching to trade this guy and hopefully get back ANY value for him. I can't imagine what contract he gets after this if he continues to sit out like this.

Yea he's becoming Kinda like a cancer.

comerb
10-16-2015, 01:16 AM

I sure as shit wouldn't.

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 07:12 AM
He sure as hell is going to play. and he will be dropping 30 points on lebrons bald head.

poido123
10-16-2015, 07:14 AM
He sure as hell is going to play. and he will be dropping 30 points on lebrons bald head.

How do you cope all that time Rose has been injured?

Serious question.

You must live a tortured stan life. Stay strong

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 07:56 AM
How do you cope all that time Rose has been injured?

Serious question.

You must live a tortured stan life. Stay strong

my life doesnt revolve around basketball fandom like yours does.

poido123
10-16-2015, 08:07 AM
my life doesnt revolve around basketball fandom like yours does.

You saying you're a Rose fan before a Bulls fan?

It's nice to know that your stupid ass will go with Rose once he inevitably leaves in 2017

:rockon:

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 08:12 AM
You saying you're a Rose fan before a Bulls fan?

It's nice to know that your stupid ass will go with Rose once he inevitably leaves in 2017

:rockon:

didnt we already go through this? i live in chicago, you live in australia.

poido123
10-16-2015, 08:15 AM
didnt we already go through this? i live in chicago, you live in australia.

Yet your dumbass has no loyalty or understanding of the team.

You're really no different than a mindless Lebron stan tbh.

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 08:24 AM

right. give me an example of how ive been an "unloyal" bulls fan?

ISHGoat
10-16-2015, 08:28 AM

Bruh I used to think you and Nathan were the same kind of low-iq Rose slurpers but you a cool man :cheers:

I have ultimate respect for fans of a TEAM that can be objective about the team's superstar. All but a handful of Bulls fans/ex-Rose stans have seen the light. Although they may be good dudes as well, Nathan and Pointguard have yet to wake up and smell the coffee regarding the current state of Rose.

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 08:29 AM
Bruh I used to think you and Nathan were the same kind of low-iq Rose slurpers but you a cool man :cheers:

I have ultimate respect for fans of a TEAM that can be objective about the team's superstar. All but a handful of Bulls fans/ex-Rose stans have seen the light. Although they may be good dudes as well, Nathan and Pointguard have yet to wake up and smell the coffee regarding the current state of Rose.

ironic you want to call someone a dick slurper. this post by you is nothing but slobbery.

pathetic

ISHGoat
10-16-2015, 08:31 AM
right. give me an example of how ive been an "unloyal" bulls fan?

You would throw the entire Bulls organization under the bus to prop up your retarded cripple chucker.

poido123
10-16-2015, 08:33 AM

Point guard is a different animal.

I think he defends all point guards tbh :oldlol: Or anything Bulls related...

I have defended Rose on a number of things, but I won't support him to put his own needs before the team.

Ie. Stating that his number one priority is to cash in on free agency, considering the years of heartache and disappointment he's put his fans through.

You'd think he would be only talking about how much he owes the organisation and that he would be willing to take a large discount.

ISHGoat
10-16-2015, 08:34 AM
ironic you want to call someone a dick slurper. this post by you is nothing but slobbery.

pathetic

I'm acknowledging and showing my support and approval for fans like Poido who are not blinded by flashy plays of a has-been. There needs to be more of him and less of you.

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 08:34 AM
You would throw the entire Bulls organization under the bus to prop up your retarded cripple chucker.

ironic lebron stan

ISHGoat
10-16-2015, 08:37 AM
ironic lebron stan

Yeah I admit that I'm a huge Lebron stan but you would not be able to find a single post by me that is as nonsensical as your average "Rose gonna drop 30 herp derp BUTLER SUCKS" post.

poido123
10-16-2015, 08:43 AM
Yeah I admit that I'm a huge Lebron stan but you would not be able to find a single post by me that is as nonsensical as your average "Rose gonna drop 30 herp derp BUTLER SUCKS" post.

:lol

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 08:45 AM

so you dick slurped someone after that person just call you a mindless lebron stan? mindless indeed.

poido123
10-16-2015, 08:53 AM
so you dick slurped someone after that person just call you a mindless lebron stan? mindless indeed.

Jameerthefear
10-16-2015, 08:55 AM
poido sperging out in here again?

poido123
10-16-2015, 09:09 AM
poido sperging out in here again?

Hey Jam, you follow me around a lot kid.

You sure I haven't entrenched a nice living room inside that punitive brain of yours?

24-Inch_Chrome
10-16-2015, 09:22 AM
pu

poido123
10-16-2015, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=24-Inch_Chrome]pu

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=24-Inch_Chrome]pu

oh the horror
10-16-2015, 12:29 PM
Yea he's becoming Kinda like a cancer.

And it's not PARTICUARLY his fault. He himself isn't disruptive but the situation with how he is regarding injuries and such has worn it's welcome out and has now become a bit of a distraction for this team. I just think Rose and the Bulls should sever ties soon.

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 12:43 PM
And it's not PARTICUARLY his fault. He himself isn't disruptive but the situation with how he is regarding injuries and such has worn it's welcome out and has now become a bit of a distraction for this team. I just think Rose and the Bulls should sever ties soon.

this is nonsense. what are rose's injuries destracting the bulls of? mediocrity?:roll: the worst thing the bulls can do for themselves right now is to get rid of rose under the false pretense that they are actually an elite team without him. you can thank jimmy butler for making bulls fans believe that.

eeeeeebro
10-16-2015, 02:18 PM
He is ready for that Max contract in 2017 though

poido123
10-16-2015, 06:49 PM
He is ready for that Max contract in 2017 though

It's all for my son man. I've gotta think about him, my son means everything. My son, son, son....

In that long rant he did, did he mention what money he's prepared to give back for the years of no play and no results?

I no longer believe his sole priority is the success of the basketball team and that is a big worry for the Bulls who need him to lead...

poido123
10-16-2015, 06:51 PM

I agree.

I think we should cut ties and moves forward from the long nightmare we've experienced over the last 5 years with Rose.

If he shows something early, try and trade him while his value is higher.

ballinhun8
10-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Play the year out with Rose.

There's no PG out there on the market that could fill Rose impact on the team. He's not just a player. As corny as it this will sound, he is a symbol for the city. He's the homegrown kid. He's the one they want to ride on to a ECF/Finals appearance.

The window opened with Rose and is going to close with him as well.

Besides Butler and Niko, there isn't much youth to this team to rely on unless we get consistency from Snell and/or Dougie McBuckets and if Portis ends up being a steal ala Butler.