10-15-2015, 01:58 PM
http://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pelicans-sign-bo-mccalebb

CavaliersFTW
10-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Wasn't he Euroleague MVP at one point?

zeerghit
10-15-2015, 02:08 PM

no he wasnt, he actually plays like TRASH last 2 seasons, unless hes back in top form otherwise this is bad signing by pelicans

Bosnian Sajo
10-15-2015, 02:24 PM
How did this dude go undrafted after having such a successful college career? He was a HUGE player for Macedonia just a few years back, I liked his game and thought he would translate well into the league. Wonder if they will use him in the rotation.

Rooster
10-15-2015, 02:32 PM
How did this dude go undrafted after having such a successful college career? He was a HUGE player for Macedonia just a few years back, I liked his game and thought he would translate well into the league. Wonder if they will use him in the rotation.

There are many overlook successful college player. I don't feel like his game would translate well to NBA.

alenleomessi
10-15-2015, 04:38 PM
similar to pero antic 4-5 years too late
i dont get it

havent even heard of him in years.. was the best player in europe in 2011.. literally single-handily took macedonia to eurobasket semi-final

4 Inches
10-15-2015, 04:39 PM
I heard he has been trying to leave Euroleague for years due to the racist chanting but his club wouldn't release him. Good to see him escape finally. :applause:

Fiba basketball
10-15-2015, 04:41 PM
So when he was one of the best players in Europe no team in NBA wanted him but now when he is horrible and can't find a team in Europe wants him he signs for an NBA team.

Fiba basketball
10-15-2015, 04:47 PM
There are many overlook successful college player. I don't feel like his game would translate well to NBA.
His game was much more suited for NBA than Euroleague because of the def 3 seconds rule and much faster pace. But know when he lost his speed his game won't work in any league

Rooster
10-15-2015, 05:01 PM
His game was much more suited for NBA than Euroleague because of the def 3 seconds rule and much faster pace. But know when he lost his speed his game won't work in any league

Nah he utilized his speed to dust off those slow as molasses Euro guards but in the NBA, he won't have that advantage. Plus he's gonna have to spend more energy in the defensive end. With him being undersized and lacked of wingspan, he will look like Chucky Atkins getting abused all the time.

CavaliersFTW
10-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Nah he utilized his speed to dust off those slow as molasses Euro guards but in the NBA, he won't have that advantage. Plus he's gonna have to spend more energy in the defensive end. With him being undersized and lacked of wingspan, he will look like Chucky Atkins getting abused all the time.
:oldlol:

Hey Yo
10-15-2015, 05:17 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6 minutes ago
It's a one-year veteran minimum deal for Nate Robinson with New Orleans, which also signed Euroleague ace Bo McCalebb to fortify backcourt

Bosnian Sajo
10-15-2015, 05:19 PM
Damn, so him and Nate finna scrap for minutes.

Feel bad for Nate, few years ago he was balling and lead the Bulls in the playoffs. Ever since that injury, tho..too bad. Never even got his big contract.

Nick Young
10-15-2015, 05:20 PM
Another Euroleague god who will become a 3ppg player in the NBA:lol

CavaliersFTW
10-15-2015, 05:27 PM
It's a one-year veteran minimum deal for Nate Robinson with New Orleans, which also signed Euroleague ace Bo McCalebb to fortify backcourt
:lol

Fiba basketball
10-15-2015, 06:53 PM

He won't because he isn't that fast anymore but in his prime he would be one of the fastest players in NBA.

Just look at what how he looked against Boston couple of years ago and tell me he wasn't fast enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IBi9iwWrng

Also players in NBA are faster but in Europe paint is always crowded so it's harder for players to finish around the rim. For example even though Bo was very good even before European courts moved 3pt line to 6,75 meters after that his FG% went from 45% to 55% (would be higher but he was injured for most of the season so his FG% fell off) and than to 61%.

I'm not saying that he would shoot 60% in NBA but he would certainly benefit from different rules as much as he would have harder time because of going against more athletic players.

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:29 PM
McCalebb has been ex player for about 2 years. He's not washed up like Prigioni and Huertas being signed....he's an ex player. A guy that could not even play the last couple of years he was so bad.

This signing is freaking hilarious. It's like any scrub from Europe, no matter how awful, can get an NBA contract these days.

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:30 PM

He was never Euroleague MVP, and neither were 99% of the players this forum calls "Euroleague MVPs".

catch24
10-15-2015, 07:32 PM
One of the best players in Euroleague a few years back.

Really good player. Haven't seen much of him since 2012-2013 though.

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:34 PM
similar to pero antic 4-5 years too late
i dont get it

havent even heard of him in years.. was the best player in europe in 2011.. literally single-handily took macedonia to eurobasket semi-final

You have not heard of him in years because he has been an absolute outright scrub for years.

He basically reached the level of not even being good enough for the German League the last time he was playing.

He is one of those players that relied 100% totally on athleticism, and once he got into around his late 20s, and especially by age 30, he lost his athletic ability, lost all his quickness and speed, and then that was it for his career.

If he actually makes it in the NBA, it will be the biggest joke ever in Europe with people making fun of the NBA. This guy is way more past his playing days than Prigioni or Huertas, and no one in Europe can still figure out those guys getting NBA deals.

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:35 PM
So when he was one of the best players in Europe no team in NBA wanted him but now when he is horrible and can't find a team in Europe wants him he signs for an NBA team.

Same as Pablo Prigioni, and then same as Marcelo Huertas. Only the case of McCalebb is even more extreme, in terms of how much an ex player he is.

The NBA has evidently become the new place for washed up Euroleague has beens to finish out their playing days.

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:37 PM

What speed? He has no speed. He lost all his speed and quickness several years ago. He was one of the slowest point guards in Euroleague the last time I saw him playing.

You are acting like this is still 2009 or something....

STOP TROLLING

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:40 PM

So according to Marc Stein, McCalebb is a "Euroleague ace", even though he has reached the point where the last couple of years he spent entire seasons either waiting for a team to sign him (and none did), or playing a few games here and there on things like month to month contracts, and being so awful, that the teams dropped him.....

Yeah, and Stein claims he "regularly follows the Euroleague."

Sure you do.........

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:42 PM
Another Euroleague god who will become a 3ppg player in the NBA:lol

He got cut from a team in Germany. That is some "Euroleague god"........

STFU clown.

catch24
10-15-2015, 07:43 PM
You have not heard of him in years because he has been an absolute outright scrub for years.

He basically reached the level of not even being good enough for the German League the last time he was playing.

He is one of those players that relied 100% totally on athleticism, and once he got into around age 30, he lost his athletic ability, lost all his quickness and speed, and then that was it for his career.

If he actually makes it in the NBA, it will be the biggest joke ever in Europe with people making fun of the NBA. This guy is way more past his playing days than Prigioni or Huertas, and no one in Europe can still figure out those guys getting NBA deals.

Why would they laugh? Euro and international teams around the world got pummeled by USA's B group in the 2014 FIBA cup.

Hell, Team USA has been undefeated in FIBA World Cup and Olympic play since 2007. Laugh at that you weirdo. :oldlol:

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:45 PM
He won't because he isn't that fast anymore but in his prime he would be one of the fastest players in NBA.

Just look at what how he looked against Boston couple of years ago and tell me he wasn't fast enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IBi9iwWrng

Also players in NBA are faster but in Europe paint is always crowded so it's harder for players to finish around the rim. For example even though Bo was very good even before European courts moved 3pt line to 6,75 meters after that his FG% went from 45% to 55% (would be higher but he was injured for most of the season so his FG% fell off) and than to 61%.

I'm not saying that he would shoot 60% in NBA but he would certainly benefit from different rules as much as he would have harder time because of going against more athletic players.

McCalebb is slow as hell these days. He could not beat anyone off the dribble in Euroleague or even in Eurocup in the last 2 years.

If he makes it into a regular NBA rotation, it's even 10 times more absurd than the Prigioni case. Because Prigioni's game was never based on his speed or quickness, as he was always slow, even in his prime. McCalebb on the other hand had absolutely nothing but his athletic ability. As soon as he lost that, he was an ex player in Europe.

When teams in Eurocup (level below Euroleague, for all of the NBA only fan idiots here) don't even want you, or offer you contracts, then you know you are done.

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:48 PM
One of the best players in Euroleague a few years back.

Really good player. Haven't seen much of him since 2012-2013 though.

That's because he's been a basically retired player he became so awful.

This guy stopped being able to play at Euroleague level basically in 2012, and in 2014, he basically reached the status of being not good enough for the Eurocup level.

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 07:53 PM
Why would they laugh? Euro and international teams around the world got pummeled by USA's B group in the 2014 FIBA cup.

Hell, Team USA has been undefeated in FIBA World Cup and Olympic play since 2007. Laugh at that you weirdo. :oldlol:

Probably because of morons like you that think a national team is the same thing as a club team, that think a European national team is the same thing as a Euroleague team, that think Team USA is the same thing as an NBA team, that think a national team tournament is the same thing as a professional club league, etc.

Every time some colossal imbecile like you says something like that, it is more than enough reason for sports fans outside of the USA to laugh.

catch24
10-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Probably because of morons like you that think a national team is the same thing as a club team, that think a European national team is the same thing as a Euroleague team, that think Team USA is the same thing as an NBA team, that think a national team tournament is the same thing as a professional club league, etc.

Every time some colossal imbecile like you says something like that, it is more than enough reason for sports fans outside of the USA to laugh.

I don't think that at all, but the players that makeup Euroleague are also ones who participate in Olympic and FIBA play.

They know about Team USA's dominance first-hand. They also understand that ALL their players makeup the greatest basketball league in the world - the NBA.

But if you wanna just talk about Euroleague vs NBA...head-to-head...look no further than wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_versus_Euroleague_games

The NBA has a .800~ record against Euroleague ALL TIME. Good luck spinning that one, psycho.

jamal99
10-15-2015, 08:13 PM
McCalebb is really done as a player, can't stay on the Bayern squad last year. He isn't even old tho...

Pelicans also signed Mirza Begic, 30 years old below average Euroleague center his whole career, I honestly have no idea what they're doing.

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 08:33 PM
I don't think that at all, but the players that makeup Euroleague are also ones who participate in Olympic and FIBA play.

They know about Team USA's dominance first-hand. They also understand that ALL their players makeup the greatest basketball league in the world - the NBA.

But if you wanna just talk about Euroleague vs NBA...head-to-head...look no further than wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_versus_Euroleague_games

The NBA has a .800~ record against Euroleague ALL TIME. Good luck spinning that one, psycho.

No they are not you ****ing idiot. Serbia won the silver medal at the last world cup and they had like 3 or 4 Euroleague players on the entire team.

The vast majority of teams at a world cup or Olympics have like zero to 2, maybe 3 Euroleague players.

Again, you NBA only fans just imagine complete made up fantasy bullshit endlessly, and then pretend it is all true fact.

So let me get this straight, you think that games played in the 70s and 80s, or even 90s count as current "Euroleague".............

You are an epic level moron.

Yeah sure, the FIBA European Champions Cup was the same as today's Euroleague. That makes sense, considering how in the FIBA European Champions Cup, any good player averaged over 20 points a game, and numerous players averaged 35-40 points a game every season.

Or how some like McAdoo came in the league in his late 30s and averaged like 25 and 12 or some shit. Or how players high on coke did well, etc.

Yeah sure, that's clearly the same exact as today's Euroleague level.

Tell me, why did you not also count NBA games versus Chinese teams in that record? Taking games from 30 years ago is like comparing the NBA to the freaking Chinese League you clown.

Since the NBA and Euroleague have been playing against each other in modern times, under NBA rules, the NBA is 14-8 against the Euroleague.

You are a troll of Rooster level proportions.

catch24
10-15-2015, 08:44 PM
No they are not you ****ing idiot. Serbia won the silver medal at the last world cup and they had like 3 or 4 Euroleague players on the entire team.

Go head and quote the part of my post where I claimed international and Euro players, from FIBA and Olympic play, are ALL part of Euroleague.

:confusedshrug:

So let me get this straight, you think that games played in the 70s and 80s, or even 90s count as current "Euroleague".............

Absolutely not. Can you quote where I said this?

Just look at that 2000s-up. The NBA has a H2H advantage of .800~

Along with that, Team USA has been undefeated in FIBA world cup and Olympic play since 2007.

So what's your next excuse? Or are we going to get more red-herrings that literally have nothing to do with what I posted?

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 08:47 PM
McCalebb is really done as a player, can't stay on the Bayern squad last year. He isn't even old tho...

Pelicans also signed Mirza Begic, 30 years old below average Euroleague center his whole career, I honestly have no idea what they're doing.

Begic sucks, he got cut from Olympiacos a couple years ago because he was so awful.

However, he is HUGE and he can block shots, and he does have a nice shooting touch (decent mid range) and he has post skills. He has a nice hook shot for example, and he has some good post moves.

He definitely sucks, but he is still better than many 3rd string centers in the NBA. Hell, he is probably better than all 3rd string centers in the NBA.

So I don't find that signing so odd. Yes, it's odd in that he's a bad center by Euroleague standards, but when you compare it to NBA 3rd stringers, he's good.

McCalebb on the other hand.........I thought the Prigioni signing was crazy, when he came to the NBA way past it, then the Lakers signed Huertas, which was even odder, since he is even more done than Prigioni was - but this McCalebb signing is the craziest one yet.

The last several times I saw McCalebb playing he was getting abused left and right on both ends of the floor in Eurocup and German League.

Again, all of these signings just prove that the NBA LIES when it says it scouts in Europe. It obviously does no scouting in Europe, never watches the Euroleague, etc.

Players are being signed from Europe purely through nothing more than agent connections. That is it.

Euroleague
10-15-2015, 08:49 PM
Go head and quote the part of my post where I claimed international and Euro players, from FIBA and Olympic play, are ALL part of Euroleague.

:confusedshrug:

Absolutely not. Can you quote where I said this?

Just look at that 2000s-up. The NBA has a H2H advantage of .800~

Along with that, Team USA has been undefeated in FIBA world cup and Olympic play since 2007.

So what's your next excuse? Or are we going to get more red-herrings that literally have nothing to do with what I posted?

14-8 since the two leagues play under NBA rules idiot. How the **** is that an 800 winning percentage, and why the hell are you counting games from times so long ago the league was not even fully pro, or that were played totally under made up rules?

Oh wait, it's because you are a troll of the same caliber as Rooster...

catch24
10-15-2015, 09:06 PM
14-8 since the two leagues play under NBA rules idiot. How the **** is that an 800 winning percentage, and why the hell are you counting games from times so long ago the league was not even fully pro, or that were played totally under made up rules?

Oh wait, it's because you are a troll of the same caliber as Rooster...

So just another excuse? :oldlol: at "since under NBA rules"

I don't excuse the 2006 team for losing in the FIBA cup. :confusedshrug:

Hold this L, like Greece did to Nigeria.

Dro
10-15-2015, 09:10 PM
I read that shit real fast and thought it said Bob McAdoo...

I'm high as shit....