PDA

View Full Version : Predict '96 Michael Jordan's Stats in 2016 Upcoming NBA Season

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 04:38 PM
What would 1996 Michael Jordan's stats look like in the upcoming 2016 NBA Season?

OldSchoolBBall
10-15-2015, 04:58 PM
On a bad team: 32-33 pts/7 reb/6 ast/2.5+ stl/1 blk/50-51% FG/61% TS

On a good (contending) team: 30+/7/5-6/2.5+ stl/1 blk/51-52% FG/62+% TS

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 05:09 PM
On a bad team: 32-33 pts/7 reb/6 ast/2.5+ stl/1 blk/50-51% FG/61% TS

On a good (contending) team: 30+/7/5-6/2.5+ stl/1 blk/51-52% FG/62+% TS
I'm thinking his ppg would be higher. Phil Jackson said Jordan was better than Kobe at pretty much everything. Imagine peak Kobe in today's league. Hell, a 37 year old Kobe put up 20 the other night. Peak Kobe would be averaging about 35ppg right now. In other words, he would be nearly unstoppable.

Now, as I said, Phil Jackson said Jordan was better at pretty much everything versus a peak Kobe. So, Jordan, in my opinion, would average 45ppg maybe even higher. I use to watch Jordan's Bulls. Jordan was literary unstoppable. He could score at will.

Dragonyeuw
10-15-2015, 06:08 PM
Depends. Good team or bad/ average team?

I'll say something like 33/7/6 49% on an average team, 31/6/6 50% on a great team, knock off an assist or two if inside the triangle.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 06:12 PM
Depends. Good team or bad/ average team?

I'll say something like 33/7/6 49% on an average team, 31/6/6 50% on a great team, knock off an assist or two if inside the triangle.
If 05 Kobe can average 35ppg, you know Jordan going to at least get 40ppg or Phil Jackson doesn't know basketball. Phil Jackson coached both Jordan and Kobe. He said Jordan's better.

aj1987
10-15-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm thinking his ppg would be higher. Phil Jackson said Jordan was better than Kobe at pretty much everything. Imagine peak Kobe in today's league. Hell, a 37 year old Kobe put up 20 the other night. Peak Kobe would be averaging about 35ppg right now. In other words, he would be nearly unstoppable.

Now, as I said, Phil Jackson said Jordan was better at pretty much everything versus a peak Kobe. So, Jordan, in my opinion, would average 45ppg maybe even higher. I use to watch Jordan's Bulls. Jordan was literary unstoppable. He could score at will.
Kobe averaged 35 PPG ONCE in his career. I consider '08 to be Kobe's peak and dude averaged 28 PPG. This is not a different era and rules haven't changed since '05.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Kobe averaged 35 PPG ONCE in his career.
So, you do think '96 Jordan would average more than 35 PPG in 2016?

Dragonyeuw
10-15-2015, 06:21 PM
If 05 Kobe can average 35ppg, you know Jordan going to at least get 40ppg or Phil Jackson doesn't know basketball. Phil Jackson coached both Jordan and Kobe. He said Jordan's better.

It depends on team needs as much as capability. Could he get 35-40 on a team with few offensive options and a green light like Kobe did? Sure. Kobe went from 35ppg in 2006 to 28 in 2008. Do you think he suddenly lost offensive ability, or did he just have more options around him where he didnt need to score that much? I'm aware of what Phil said, and he didnt give MJ the edge in every category. No objective person watching both would say MJ is better in every catergory, but better overall? Yes.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 06:23 PM
I'm aware of what Phil said, and he didnt give MJ the edge in every category. No objective person watching both would say MJ is better in every catergory, but better overall? Yes.
Did you read what I wrote? I said Phil said he was better at pretty much everything. I didn't say everything.

Anyhow, Jordan on the Lakers in 2008 would average, in my opinion, more than 28ppg at a higher efficiency.

ISHGoat
10-15-2015, 06:24 PM
It depends on team needs as much as capability. Could he get 35-40 on a team with few offensive options and a green light like Kobe did? Sure. Kobe went from 35ppg in 2006 to 28 in 2008. Do you think he suddenly lost offensive ability, or did he just have more options around him where he didnt need to score that much? I'm aware of what Phil said, and he didnt give MJ the edge in every category. No objective person watching both would say MJ is better in every catergory, but better overall? Yes.

Every category except 3pt shooting, and even that is very close. 32.7% vs 33.4%

aj1987
10-15-2015, 06:26 PM
So, you do think '96 Jordan would average more than 35 PPG in 2016?
Nope. He'd average what he did in '96 (on a contender). His TS% would be ~3% higher though.

Replace Wade with MJ on the Heat and barring injuries, he'd win MVP and FMVP. All-NBA first team and All-Defensive first team.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Every category except 3pt shooting, and even that is very close. 32.7% vs 33.4%
Exactly. Basically, I'm not trying to turn this into a Jordan vs Kobe thread. Kobe is just one of the guys that is easy to compare to Jordan for this example.

Peak Kobe was an offensive master. In today's NBA, he could average 35ppg. Phil Jackson, who has coached both Kobe and Jordan and won championships with both, said Jordan was better at pretty much everything compared to Kobe.

With that logic, I'm assuming Jordan would at least average 40-45ppg in today's league. Hell, I remember Alonzo Mourning saying Jordan would average 50ppg.

Dragonyeuw
10-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Did you read what I wrote? I said Phil said he was better at pretty much everything. I didn't say everything.

Anyhow, Jordan on the Lakers in 2008 would average, in my opinion, more than 28ppg at a higher efficiency.

I didnt say thats what *you* said. And Phil himself hasnt said he's better at pretty much everything. Theres a vid out there where Phil says Kobe may be more skilled in terms of overall shooting, but then he spoke about MJ's physical advantages especially his hands, broader shoulders, bigger body that allowed to do things *physically* that Kobe is incapable of.

aj1987
10-15-2015, 06:32 PM
Exactly. Basically, I'm not trying to turn this into a Jordan vs Kobe thread. Kobe is just one of the guys that is easy to compare to Jordan for this example.

Peak Kobe was an offensive master. In today's NBA, he could average 35ppg. Phil Jackson, who has coached both Kobe and Jordan and won championships with both, said Jordan was better at pretty much everything compared to Kobe.

With that logic, I'm assuming Jordan would at least average 40-45ppg in today's league. Hell, I remember Alonzo Mourning saying Jordan would average 50ppg.
What makes today's NBA different from '07-'13 NBA?

Dragonyeuw
10-15-2015, 06:35 PM

Everyone of your posts have made it a Kobe/ MJ thing, so not a very good effort if you're trying to avoid that. Just because several players have come out and said MJ *would/could* average 40, doesnt mean he will. That entire discussion is basically mostly about the state of the game, in that without handchecking and very perimeter friendly rules he'd have a field day getting to the basket and at the free throw line. That is true, but its slightly hyperbolic to say MJ is going average 40 or even worse, 45, unless he was literally on the worst team in the league and he was taking 30 shots a night. On a good team with other options, theres no way he'd shoot enough to get near that.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 06:35 PM
Think you read it wrong. I'm talking about today's NBA as in rule changes, etc from Jordan's peak to the current NBA.

ArbitraryWater
10-15-2015, 06:36 PM

lol thats what I wondered :oldlol:

Besides the fact that 2006 was a historcial outlier in terms of ppg with lesser defenses, which is why I'm guessing you left it out.

Think you read it wrong. I'm talking about today's NBA as in rule changes, etc from Jordan's peak to the current NBA.

You said "Imagine peak Kobe in today's league" though.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 06:42 PM
You said "Imagine peak Kobe in today's league" though.
Basically, the keyword is peak. I was trying to say that peak Kobe, in 2016, would average 35ppg on current Lakers. Then, I was comparing Jordan to Kobe. Phil Jackson said Jordan was better overall. So, using that logic, I would assume Jordan would average at least 40-45ppg at a higher efficiency in 2016. The confusion came in the timelines and wording of the word peak. Kobe is now 37 going in 2016 season.

aj1987
10-15-2015, 06:42 PM
Ok. Even after the rule changes, Kobe averaged 35 PPG ONCE. He hit 28+ THRICE and out of those 2 times, he averaged over 30 twice. Dude averaged 28.6 PPG from '05-'13 (till he ****ed up his tendon). 28.6 PPG on 55% TS.

The seasons prior to the rule changes, when Kobe took over 20 shots a game, he averaged 27 PPG. 27 PPG on 55% TS.

Basically, the keyword is peak. I was trying to say that peak Kobe, in 2016, would average 35ppg on current Lakers. Then, I was comparing Jordan to Kobe. Phil Jackson said Jordan was better overall. So, using that logic, I would assume Jordan would average at least 40-45ppg in 2016. The confusion came in the timelines and wording of the word peak. Kobe is now 37 going in 2016 season.
Again, most consider '08 to be Kobe's peak. Dude didn't even hit 30 PPG.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 06:48 PM
Don't know what stats people are using for 2008 Kobe being his peak form. However, I'm sure they have legit reasoning behind it. I haven't looked it up. All I know is Kobe averaged 35ppg once. That's my measuring stick for Jordan. Considering Phil Jackson, one of the greatest NBA coaches in history, has stated that Kobe is like a copy of Jordan. So, if Kobe can average 35ppg at his peak or maybe even more in 2008, Jordan should be able to match that even surpass it at a higher efficiency. As I stated, Phil Jackson said Jordan was overall better compared to any version of Kobe.

aj1987
10-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Don't know what stats people are using for 2008 Kobe being his peak form. However, I'm sure they have legit reasoning behind it. I haven't looked it up. All I know is Kobe averaged 35ppg once. That's my measuring stick for Jordan. Considering Phil Jackson, one of the greatest NBA coaches in history, has stated that Kobe is like a copy of Jordan. So, if Kobe can average 35ppg at his peak or maybe even more in 2008, Jordan should be able to match that even surpass it at a higher efficiency. As I stated, Phil Jackson said Jordan was overall better compared to any version of Kobe.
Do you consider '87 to be MJ's peak?

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Do you consider '87 to be MJ's peak?
I know most people consider his '90-'91 season his best season. However, his ppg were higher in other seasons. Peaks are subjective too. Anyhow, we getting off topic.

The topic is about '96 Jordan's stats in 2016. Everyone who has posted so far, in my opinion, has the ppg too low.

catch24
10-15-2015, 06:59 PM

Most consider 2006-2008 his peak. Me? I've never seen him better than in 2006 and 2007. That guy was a flat-out monster.

Dragonyeuw
10-15-2015, 07:03 PM
Basically, the keyword is peak. I was trying to say that peak Kobe, in 2016, would average 35ppg on current Lakers. Then, I was comparing Jordan to Kobe. Phil Jackson said Jordan was better overall. So, using that logic, I would assume Jordan would average at least 40-45ppg at a higher efficiency in 2016.

You're attributing 'better' to 'scoring a lot more points', but that's never been Phil's point. When he speaks to MJ's overall superiority, he's speaking to more nuanced things like consistency, shot selection, overall defense, leadership, or speaking to physical advantages like bigger hands allowing him to do things with the ball that Kobe can't.

aj1987
10-15-2015, 07:06 PM
I know most people consider his '90-'91 season his best season. However, his ppg were higher in other seasons. Peaks are subjective too. Anyhow, we getting off topic.

The topic is about '96 Jordan's stats in 2016. Everyone who has posted so far, in my opinion, has the ppg too low.
Peak =/= PPG. If that was the case, '06 would be LeBron's, '02 would be Timmy's, '62 would be Wilt's, etc..

'87 isn't MJ's peak and '06 isn't Kobe's. That's basically universally accepted.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 07:10 PM
Peak =/= PPG. If that was the case, '06 would be LeBron's, '02 would be Timmy's, '62 would be Wilt's, etc..

'87 isn't MJ's peak and '06 isn't Kobe's. That's basically universally accepted.
Agreed. As I said, peaks are subjective. Obviously, I can't say honestly that ppg equals a players peak. As stated, 08 Kobe's offensive ability was more than likely the same in 2005-'06 when he got 35ppg.

Basically, that's not even the point. We're focusing on peaks instead of the the actual topic.

Whatever Kobe's peak year doesn't matter. The fact is that Kobe averaged 35ppg in one NBA season. Jordan, who Phil Jackson said was overall better than Kobe, in my opinion would average more than 35ppg in 2016 at a higher efficiency. That's the focus point and not whatever year Kobe was at his peak.

Dragonyeuw
10-15-2015, 07:12 PM

Exactly. He averaged 31 in 91, 6 points lower than 87. Was he a better scorer in 87? Hell no. Just because someone averaged 'x' that particular season, doesnt mean that was the apex of their ability at that point in time. Team makeup will play a big role. After 2006, Kobe could have likely put up 32-35 ppg every season if he had the same woeful roster he had in 2006. Hell, you think Kevin Durant couldn't average 35+ without Westbrook and a shitty team around him?

aj1987
10-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Agreed. As I said, peaks are subjective. Obviously, I can't say honestly that ppg equals a players peak. As stated, 08 Kobe's offensive ability was more than likely the same in 2005-'06 when he got 35ppg.

Basically, that's not even the point. We're focusing on peaks instead of the the actual topic.

Whatever Kobe's peak year doesn't matter. The fact is that Kobe averaged 35ppg in one NBA season. Jordan, who Phil Jackson said was overall better than Kobe, in my opinion would average more than 35ppg in 2016 at a higher efficiency. That's the focus point and not whatever year Kobe was at his peak.
Kobe's team was shit that's why he was able to take like 28 shots a game to score 35. On a shit team, MJ (while taking ~28+ shots a game) will do the same. He'd average ~35 PPG on ~58% TS. On a contender, MJ's gonna put up something like ~30 PPG ~6 RPG ~5 APG on 60% TS.

As I said, put MJ on the Heat and barring injuries, he'd win MVP, FMVP, All-NBA first team, and All-D first team, while averaging ~30/6/5 on ~60% TS.

Rocketswin2013
10-15-2015, 07:21 PM
On a bad team? 46/7/8 on 60 TS%.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 07:26 PM
On a bad team? 46/7/8 on 60 TS%.
That's what I was thinking. I mean, we have Phil Jackson and Alonzo Mourning basically saying Jordan would average 45-50ppg at a high efficiency. Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coaches to ever coach in the NBA. Alonzo Mourning is in the Hall of Fame. I'll take their opinion over some guys on the net.

Indian guy
10-15-2015, 07:28 PM
His numbers should be the same. The differences would be stylistic, because defensive rules have changed. Everybody overloads the strong side or shades hard now, so it's difficult to base your entire attack around the elbow/high post - which was 2nd 3peat MJ's game. I see a lot more action from the top of the key, especially pick n roll. More 3pters too, obviously, since it's just the smarter shot. What would work to his benefit, of course, are the no-touch rules. He was still an excellent athlete in '96, so he'd be able to take full advantage of that.

The 40-45 ppg talk makes absolutely no sense, even if he was on a bad team. Why would he suddenly start shooting even more? And how? He was already far and away the most shot-dominant player of his era, in a faster paced league(pre 1st retirement) to boot. He's not topping those numbers today.

Asukal
10-15-2015, 07:34 PM
How can you "predict" something that's not going to happen? :oldlol: :hammerhead:

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 07:35 PM
The 40-45 ppg talk makes absolutely no sense, even if he was on a bad team. Why would he suddenly start shooting even more? And how? He was already far and away the most shot-dominant player of his era, in a faster paced league(pre 1st retirement) to boot. He's not topping those numbers today.
I disagree. However, that was a good reply. You laid out your argument well.

I'm still going with Alonzo Mourning and Phil Jackson when they say he would average 45-50ppg in today's league. Kobe average 35ppg in '06. I'm thinking Jordan, on a bad team, would at least put up 40-50ppg at a high efficiency.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 07:36 PM
How can you "predict" something that's not going to happen? :oldlol: :hammerhead:
Ask Phil Jackson and Alonzo Mourning.

aj1987
10-15-2015, 07:39 PM
I disagree. However, that was a good reply. You laid out your argument well.

I'm still going with Alonzo Mourning and Phil Jackson when they say he would average 45-50ppg in today's league. Kobe average 35ppg in '06. I'm thinking Jordan, on a bad team, would at least put up 40-50ppg at a high efficiency.
You're trolling, right?

Dragonyeuw
10-15-2015, 07:45 PM
You're trolling, right?

Thinking so. He's not making any logical argument, its just 'because Phil and Alonzo said so', so this is taken as gospel.

catch24
10-15-2015, 07:47 PM

What?

2006 Kobe by many is known as his peak. Same thing with 2007.

2006-2008 are known as his best years all-together.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 07:48 PM
You're trolling, right?
Answer me these questions.

Did Kobe Bryant ever average 35ppg in a NBA season? Yes or No

Is Michael Jordan overall better than Kobe Bryant? Yes or No

Did Michael Jordan average 37ppg in a NBA season? Yes or No

Do the current NBA rules compared to Jordan's era favor guards? Yes or No

Did Phil Jackson say Jordan was overall better than Kobe? Yes or No?

Did Alonzo Mourning say that Jordan would average 50ppg in today's NBA? Yes or No

Papaya Petee
10-15-2015, 07:51 PM

Did Alonzo Mourning say that Jordan would average 50ppg in today's NBA? Yes or No

You're an idiot, but to answer the question (idk why Im even doing it, because youve disregarded everyones answer)

31/7/5/2/1 48% FG on a bad team
29/6/5/2/1 52% FG on a contender

aj1987
10-15-2015, 07:55 PM
What?

2006 Kobe by many is known as his peak. Same thing with 2007.

2006-2008 are known as his best years all-together.
Best scoring season and the season in which he was an absolute beast offensively? Sure. In '08, he was basically perfect. Played on both sides of the court. Kobe didn't really play much defense in '06. It was basically his best all round season.

You asked about '96 MJ. Not '87 Jordan.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 08:00 PM
You're an idiot, but to answer the question (idk why Im even doing it, because youve disregarded everyones answer)

31/7/5/2/1 48% FG on a bad team
29/6/5/2/1 52% FG on a contender
What's with the personal attacks?

Anyhow, if you read the thread, obviously you didn't, you would know I did reply to the people who answered the question.

As with your own answer, ppg is still to low in my opinion. Also, remember that this is a subjective thread. No one is an idiot for stating their opinions. If you disagree fine. However, calling someone an idiot for having a subjective opinion is saying you don't believe in subjective ideas. Basically, saying that you only think your opinion is right even if it's wrong or subjectively wrong.

To the other guy, as you stated peaks have nothing to do with scoring. So, I can use 87 Jordan's ppg for 96. I doubt his ability to score was diminished by that much in 96. I'm sure he could have put up 37 in 96 just as Kobe could put up 35 in 08.

Paul George 24
10-15-2015, 08:10 PM
the is getting much softer than 96

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-15-2015, 08:13 PM
about 3 fity

97 bulls
10-15-2015, 08:41 PM
I think Jordan was at his best from 92 to 97. He obviously wasn't as athletic in his later years, but hes was still an outstanding athlete. He was stronger and more importantly more cerebral. Id take experience over athleticism any day.

To answer the question.

33/7/6 52-54% shooting

3ball
10-15-2015, 09:01 PM
33-37 ppg depending on the kind of team he was on - good or bad.. he'd be the primary ballhandler a ton but he'd also post up a ton and play off-ball a ton.

3ball
10-15-2015, 09:02 PM
Today's paint remains clear and empty due to 3-point shooting drawing defenders to the perimeter and defensive 3 seconds:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-28-2015/4zdttU.gif

Accordingly, MJ's off-ball game would be greatly enhanced, since he can now beat slower defenders to the open paint for wide open mid-range jumpers - with today's open paint, he wouldn't have to take contested midrange shots like this anymore:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-28-2015/ew2ZUl.gif.

Papaya Petee
10-15-2015, 09:37 PM
What's with the personal attacks?

Anyhow, if you read the thread, obviously you didn't, you would know I did reply to the people who answered the question.

As with your own answer, ppg is still to low in my opinion. Also, remember that this is a subjective thread. No one is an idiot for stating their opinions. If you disagree fine. However, calling someone an idiot for having a subjective opinion is saying you don't believe in subjective ideas. Basically, saying that you only think your opinion is right even if it's wrong or subjectively wrong.

To the other guy, as you stated peaks have nothing to do with scoring. So, I can use 87 Jordan's ppg for 96. I doubt his ability to score was diminished by that much in 96. I'm sure he could have put up 37 in 96 just as Kobe could put up 35 in 08.
The personal attack is because you seriously believe that an old past his prime version of Jordan would average 45-50 PPG. Your argument is based on what Alonzo Mourning said.

Do you realize the fatigue in taking that many field goals as a guard? He would literally stop all flow of offense. He wouldn't be efficient, and his teams would lose a ton of games. He would take all his energy and have none left for the defensive end. Wouldnt happen. Not even 88-91 Jordan is doing it.

Everyones trying to tell you this, and you are arguing with a very unintelligent argument. Hence why you got called an idiot.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Today's paint remains clear and empty due to 3-point shooting drawing defenders to the perimeter and defensive 3 seconds:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-28-2015/4zdttU.gif

Accordingly, MJ's off-ball game would be greatly enhanced, since he can now beat slower defenders to the open paint for wide open mid-range jumpers - with today's open paint, he wouldn't have to take contested midrange shots like this anymore:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-28-2015/ew2ZUl.gif.
Actually, I agree with 3ball. Wow, must be a full moon.

j3lademaster
10-15-2015, 10:01 PM
30/6/4 on 60% ts on a contender

Can definitely see a mid 30ish season on 55% ts if he were gunning on a bad team.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 10:04 PM
People that don't think Jordan would average at least 40ppg on a bad team are highly underrating Jordan. Not to mention, Phil Jackson, one of the greatest coaches of all time, said he could get 45ppg. I guess some guys on the internet know more than one of the top 5 coaches in NBA history. Right...

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 10:08 PM
31/6/5 on 51% FG or so

Basically what he averaged in 1996 except a bit more efficient

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 10:08 PM
31/6/5 on 51% FG or so

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 10:13 PM
31/6/5 on 51% FG or so

You don't think he could at least get 40ppg? That's only 9 more points.

This is what everyone is forgetting. Look at James Harden and how many free throw attempts he gets. Imagine Jordan in today's league, he would probably get just as many or more than Harden. That's 9 more points added to 31 already. Not to mention, the league is less physical and as 3ball showed easier for guards to score.

As I said, Phil Jackson, one of the greatest coaches in basketball history, already said Jordan would average 45ppg in today's NBA. I think I'll trust his knowledge on this subject. However, I respect everyone's opinion. That's why I made the thread.

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 10:15 PM

This is what everyone is forgetting. Look at James Harden and how many free throw attempts he gets. Imagine Jordan in today's league, he would probably get just as many or more than Harden. That's 9 more points added to 31 already. Not to mention, the league is less physical and as 3ball showed easier for guards to score.

As I said, Phil Jackson, one of the greatest coaches in basketball history, already said Jordan would average 45ppg in today's NBA. I think I'll trust his knowledge on this subject. However, I respect everyone's opinion. That's why I made the thread.

I'd say 80s Jordan, who was a true freak, could hit the 40 ppg mark and above, but I don't think 1996 Jordan could.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 10:22 PM
I'd say 80s Jordan, who was a true freak, could hit the 40 ppg mark and above, but I don't think 1996 Jordan could.
Don't know about that. I think '96 Jordan would be able to get 40ppg, for the reasons I've already stated. Not to mention, I remember reading how Phil Jackson said Jordan had extraordinary energy.

Papaya Petee replied in this thread about how tiring it would be to average that many points a game. However, as stated, Phil Jackson said Jordan had an unbelievable amount of energy. I remember other coaches and players saying the same thing. Also, they said it during the Dream Team documentary on ESPN.

Just2McFly
10-15-2015, 10:38 PM
this jordan shit needs to stop

Just2McFly
10-15-2015, 10:40 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Look at how many FTAs James Harden gets. You can't tell me that Jordan wouldn't get just as many if not more. Oh, I guess you know more than Phil Jackson and Hall of Fame Alonzo Mourning and other NBA greats that said Jordan would average anywhere from 40-50ppg in today's NBA.

bigkingsfan
10-15-2015, 10:45 PM
Somewhere between 1 and 50 ppg.

scandisk_
10-15-2015, 10:58 PM
96 MJ ain't going near that 40ppg, not even close. He'd kill his team if he had a usage (anywhere close to that) that high.

on Topic

30/7/5 on 49-50FG%, 61 TS%

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 11:00 PM
Look at how many FTAs James Harden gets. You can't tell me that Jordan wouldn't get just as many if not more. Oh, I guess you know more than Phil Jackson and Hall of Fame Alonzo Mourning and other NBA greats that said Jordan would average anywhere from 40-50ppg in today's NBA.

Space Jam isn't real my nug

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 11:06 PM
96 MJ ain't going near that 40ppg, not even close. He'd kill his team if he had a usage (anywhere close to that) that high.

on Topic

30/7/5 on 49-50FG%, 61 TS%
Do you think you're underrating Jordan and how today's NBA is so guard friendly? In the 2015, Westbrook averaged 28ppg. It's hard for me to believe that '96 Jordan, who averaged 29ppg in 1996, couldn't add 11 more points a game due to how guard friendly the game has become.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Space Jam isn't real my nug
:oldlol:

Guess Phil Jackson and other NBA greats think Space Jam is real. They're the ones that said Jordan could average 40-50ppg in today's league. These guys aren't just blowing smoke. Jordan averaged 37ppg in '87. With the current way the NBA is played and how guard friendly it is, Jordan would average at least 40 no doubt about it. Hell, Alonzo said 50ppg.

3ball
10-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Do you think you're underrating Jordan and how today's NBA is so guard friendly? In the 2015, Westbrook averaged 28ppg. It's hard for me to believe that '96 Jordan, who averaged 29ppg in 1996, couldn't add 11 more points a game due to how guard friendly the game has become.
Seriously - Wade and Westbrook led the league in scoring in 2009 and 2015, respectively.

And they did that in TODAY'S game - the spaced-out, high screen roll craze - today's high screen rolls set up the court optimally for ballhandlers to succeed and control the game.

MJ never played with the court spaced-out and set up optimally for ballhandlers to succeed... Of course, the spacing and better freedom of movement would also benefit his off-ball game.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Seriously - Wade and Westbrook led the league in scoring in 2009 and 2015, respectively.

And they did that in TODAY'S game - the spaced-out, high screen roll craze - today's high screen rolls set up the court optimally for ballhandlers to succeed and control the game.

MJ never played with the court spaced out and set up optimally for ballhandlers to succeed... Of course, the spacing and better freedom of movement would also greatly benefit his off-ball game too.
That's my point. People think I'm trolling when I say Jordan would get at least 40-45ppg in today's league. I'm like, "Did you guys see 2006 Kobe?" Kobe lit up the league for 35ppg. Phil Jackson, the guy who coached both Jordan and Kobe, basically said Jordan was overall better. On top of that, Phil Jackson said Jordan would average 45ppg in the current NBA. So, I don't know where these guys are getting their information. I guess the numbers are so unbelievable it's mind boggling. Jordan was just that good folks.

Yes, it's hard to believe someone was better than Kobe. That guy's name is Michael Jordan.

scandisk_
10-15-2015, 11:19 PM
If MJ is an idiot sure, but this is 96 MJ we're talkin about.

Now quit trolling and let's continue with the topic. What about his Playoff stats? I'm really thinking somewhere 35 ppg first round. :lol

GrapeApe
10-15-2015, 11:32 PM

MJ never played with the court spaced-out and set up optimally for ballhandlers to succeed... Of course, the spacing and better freedom of movement would also benefit his off-ball game.

And? Wade and Westbrook are 2 of the most explosive players in history.

As for Jordan scoring 40+ ppg, I don't see any way that 1996 Jordan takes enough shots. Maybe 1988 Jordan would, but not 1996 Jordan. Even on great efficiency, averaging 40+ per game would require a ton of FG attempts. In today's game it's just not practical or conducive to winning for one player to dominate his team's shot attempts in such fashion.

Papaya Petee
10-15-2015, 11:49 PM

Don't compare Wade and Westbrook like they're in the same tier, ever.

Wade averaged 30.2 PPG on 49.1% FG while finishing 3rd in DPOY. Westbrook was something like 28 at 42% FG.

Second, 09 Wade was an absolute monster, and he is on tier with 96 Jordan, so theres a great comparison for you.

Just2McFly
10-16-2015, 01:28 AM
Don't compare Wade and Westbrook like they're in the same tier, ever.

Wade averaged 30.2 PPG on 49.1% FG while finishing 3rd in DPOY. Westbrook was something like 28 at 42% FG.

Second, 09 Wade was an absolute monster, and he is on tier with 96 Jordan, so theres a great comparison for you.
I'd take 09 Wade over 96 MJ for sure. Like I dont know how that team won three games in the playoffs against anybody

DoctorP
10-16-2015, 01:32 AM
45ppg would be too much of a burden but 96 Jordan could easily average 35 ppg as long as he can pace himself enough to stay healthy by finals time. But Pippen would score more also:

Jordan 35PPG 8APG 6REB
Pippen 26PPG 7APG 8REB

:D

GIF REACTION
10-16-2015, 01:36 AM
Pretty much the same as what he put up in 96

It is easier to beat your man defender today but it's harder to score on isolation and post up plays now, hence why these two scoring categories have decline over the last half decade

GIF REACTION
10-16-2015, 01:39 AM
Basically Jordan would have to get more creative with his scoring methods, which we all knew he could do

He would probably have developed a 3pt shot more, for using in high pick and rolls

Defenses are a lot more conservative today, due to the understanding of analytics, they give you the mid range shot... Jordan would capitalize, but he wouldn't be getting as many drives to the hoop as before...

Dragonyeuw
10-16-2015, 01:51 AM
TC, why the **** did you bother making this thread, if every one of your replies ends with ' but but Phil Jackson said!' Its like no matter what someone says, thats your rebuttal, so what is the point in having this discussion?

I personally do not see MJ eclipsing the 37ppg mark he hit in 87, not due to lack of ability, but mainly shot attempts. He'd be shooting at a higher rate today than back in the 80 taking pace into account. What kind of team and offense do you think he's going to be in for that to happen? Just because todays game on the perimeter would benefit his skills and athleticism doesnt mean hes going to go out and shoot 30 times a game. We're assuming that hes going to be allocated shots in the flow of a typical NBA offense, of course from time to time offense would have to be broken and he'd be taking those shots, but you're talking about having to take something like 30 shots a night to reach 40. With todays pace what makes you think he's going to shoot *more* than he did when he avg 37 in 87? Because thats effectively what you are suggesting.

3ball
10-16-2015, 03:24 AM
they give you the mid range shot...

There's your 40 ppg right there... Do you have any idea how many 40, 50, and 60 point games MJ got where most of his buckets were midrange shots?... ALL OF THEM... You should youtube "MJ 64 Shaq"

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-28-2015/iDsifM.gif

Jordan would capitalize on the free midrange shots, but he wouldn't be getting as many drives to the hoop as before...

Ridiculous - today's game is based on guards getting in the lane via high screen rolls - coaches make sure the court is spaced out and optimally set up for ballhandlers to thrive.

Anyone can get in the lane when 3-point shooters have drawn defenders to the perimeter leaving a wide open paint and spaced out court.. Even Austin Rivers can look like a superstar.

GIF REACTION
10-16-2015, 03:27 AM
There's your 40 ppg right there... Do you have any idea how many 40, 50, and 60 point games MJ got where most of his buckets were midrange shots?... ALL OF THEM... You should youtube "MJ 64 Shaq"

Ridiculous - today's game is based on guards getting in the lane via high screen rolls... Anyone can get in the lane when 3-point shooters have drawn defenders to the perimeter leaving a wide open paint and spaced out court.. Even Austin Rivers can look like a superstar.
Majority of defensive schemes today aim to get the ball out of the 1st options hands

They'll sacrifice late closeouts on 3pt shooters, to ensure Michael doesn't get to the hoop

3ball
10-16-2015, 03:39 AM
Majority of defensive schemes today aim to get the ball out of the 1st options hands

Let's compare the defenses:

PREVIOUS ERA: paint-camping... no-spacing... hand-checking
TODAY'S ERA:..... shading.......... spacing.. ..no hand-checking

Previous era >>>>... Remember, Wade and Westbrook led league in scoring in 2009 and 2015 with a worse 3-point shot and far worse mid-range shot than MJ.. Nor could they double-pump with ease from the FT line (http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-03-2015/64Ba72.gif) like MJ..

I guess that's why MJ was able to average 37 PPG on 59% TS despite shooting all 2-pointers amidst every-possession double-teams (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLDGm8pV6uU&t=6m40s)... Only the goat has it like that (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386210).

They'll sacrifice late closeouts on 3pt shooters, to ensure Michael doesn't get to the hoop

MJ would beat defenders to the open paint that was left open by 3-point shooting/spacing and defensive 3 seconds.

Defensive 3 seconds banned paint-camping and zone inside the 16 x 19 foot painted area - inside the paint, defenders must stay within "armslength" (about 3 feet), which is the strictest defense possible outside of having defenders stand shoulder-to-shoulder - it's the polar opposite of a zone/paint-camping.. Yet this strict policy governs today's defenders in the most important area of the floor: the paint.

Of course today's game has spacing, so defenders are helping from further away - that's the definition of spacing... The further distance of today's help defenders isn't disputable - it's physics... Spacing affords today's players more time and room to operate than ever before.

3ball
10-16-2015, 03:51 AM
In the picture below, weakside floor-spreaders have drawn defenders away from the strongside.. If Noah doesn't leave #20 Mosgov and flood to the strongside, the strongside will only have 2 defenders on it.. This demonstrates how spacing necessitates flooding - defenders must flood BACK to the strongside (Noah), only because they were originally drawn away by floor-spreaders on the weakside (Mosgov)

http://i61.tinypic.com/2z7mnvm.png

..................Now which strongside scenario is harder to score on:

WITH weakside spacing - Being against Iggy with all 4 help defenders on weakside and furthest to help on strongside action:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-06-2015/uAh_p8.gif

WITHOUT weakside spacing - Being against Rodman with all 4 help defenders on strongside and closest to help on strongside action:

http://i.imgur.com/kAsDnlC.gif

Weakside spacing leaves the strongside with fewer defenders (1st GIF), which necessitates the flooding of defenders BACK TO the strongside - this is how strongside floods originated.

Otoh, without weakside spacing (seen in 2nd GIF), defenders just remained on the strongside and closest to help on strongside action.. With defenders staying on strongside, the strongside was already flooded with all 5 defenders (5-defender strongsides (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11128077&postcount=21), which is stark contrast from today's weakside spacing and resulting 1-defender strongsides (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377570)).

catch24
10-16-2015, 04:31 AM
MJ circa 1996 would probably be the best player in the game today.

Still wanna see how KD plays this season though...

Dragonyeuw
10-16-2015, 05:48 AM

WITHOUT weakside spacing - Being against Rodman with all 4 help defenders on strongside and closest to help on strongside action:

http://i.imgur.com/kAsDnlC.gif

This play highlights the subtleties of MJs offensive IQ. One hard dribble to the right, quick right to left between the legs, gets Rodman off-balance, one dribble to the left into a space where no-one else can challenge, easy shot. And that probably happened in a 3 second time frame.

riseagainst
10-16-2015, 11:16 AM
put 91 Jordan on a bad team: 40-8-11, 56%FG
put 91 Jordan on a good team: 35-8-15, 62%FG

poido123
10-16-2015, 11:18 AM
I don't think 2016 could ever recover from the damage Jordan would cause on the league.

He would absolutely abuse today's guard friendly game and weaker minded players.

sdot_thadon
10-16-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm thinking 30-33 ppg 6 reb and 4 ast slightly over 50% from the field. I think teams will try to make him a passer more often than he'd like. Nowhere near 40 ppg though, not very realistic. Even on a bad team.

scandisk_
10-16-2015, 12:43 PM
Nowhere near 40 ppg though, not very realistic. Even on a bad team.

tell that to 3ball and his alts :lol

96 MJ while still very very dangerous and effective ain't going nowhere that 40ppg mark.

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 12:50 PM
tell that to 3ball and his alts :lol
I don't normally agree with 3ball, but he's making a legit argument here.

I have a question for you scandisk. Why do you think Phil Jackson, one of the greatest coaches in NBA history who's won eleven championships, said that Michael Jordan would average 45ppg in today's NBA? Not only him, but other NBA greats have said Jordan would average even more. For example, Alonzo Mourning, who's in the NBA Hall of Fame, said he would average 50ppg. Teammates of Jordan said he would average 45-50ppg today.

So, either these guys are blowing smoke and don't know basketball, which is hard to believe given their credentials, or we're massively underrating the greatest player of all time Michael Jordan.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 12:51 PM
JR Smith-esque

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 12:56 PM
JR Smith-esque
One thing is for sure, Iggy and Kawhi wouldn't stop Jordan from getting 40+ppg.

aj1987
10-16-2015, 12:57 PM

I have a question for you scandisk. Why do you think Phil Jackson, one of the greatest coaches in NBA history who's won eleven championships, said that Michael Jordan would average 45ppg in today's NBA? Not only him, but other NBA greats have said Jordan would average even more. For example, Alonzo Mourning, who's in the NBA Hall of Fame, said he would average 50ppg. Teammates of Jordan said he would average 45-50ppg today.

So, either these guys are blowing smoke and don't know basketball, which is hard to believe given their credentials, or we're massively underrating the greatest player of all time Michael Jordan.
He never said that.

Since we're going by what others said, do you think LeBron is on MJ's level or better? Several NBA players have said that. More than the number of people who said MJ would average 45 or more.

sd3035
10-16-2015, 12:59 PM
Jordan would bring some decent energy off the bench in today's game, possible 6th man of the year

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 01:01 PM
He never said that.
First off, Phil Jackson did say that Michael Jordan would average 45ppg. Here is the quote:

During a 2007 L.A. Lakers pre-season broadcast, Phil Jackson was asked how he thought Michael Jordan would perform today, Phil said: "Michael would average 45 with these rules.

Secondly, if we took a poll of all the current and retired NBA players, I guarantee you more would say that Jordan could score 40-50ppg than they would say LeBron is anywhere near Jordan's level.

LeBron needs to worry about scoring versus role players like Iggy before he worries about challenging the throne.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:05 PM
First off, Phil Jackson did say that Michael Jordan would average 45ppg. Here is the quote:

Secondly, if we took a poll of all the current and retired NBA players, I guarantee you more would say that Jordan could score 40-50ppg than they would say LeBron is anywhere near Jordan's level.

LeBron needs to worry about scoring versus role players like Iggy before he worries about challenging the throne.

Lebron averaged almost 40 ppg vs. Iguodala. Please remember that Love and Irving were out in the NBA Finals. Jordan never won a playoffs series without Scottie Pippen even in his athletic years in the 1980's.

He failed to led that Wizards team in the playoffs in the the worst conference of all time. The early 2000's east were a garbage conference.

90sgoat
10-16-2015, 01:07 PM
He would not average 40+ in the regular season, but he most certainly would in the playoffs. Put him in Lebron's place against single coverage, no rim protection and he averages 50 ppg in the finals, no joke, already had a 40ppg finals.

In the regular season he would likely be more of a team player sharing the ball. Of course, as Wade got 30, Iverson got 30, Kobe got 35, Durant got 32, we can safely assume that Jordan would probably hit 33-34 on very high efficiency (55%+) without breaking a sweat. Add to that some more assists cause of 3 point kicks and no power forwards mean more offensive rebounds, I am guessing a statline like 34-8-8 on 55% with 2spg and 1bpg.

Put the 1996 Bulls in this league and I think they might go 82-0. I hear the kids whining 'waaaaaaaa' already, but the 1996 Bulls lost 10 games only in a much different league. I honestly don't see how you could stop Jordan. We saw Tristan Thompson dominate this no box out league, imagine Rodman going to town in that finals, would average 20+ rebounds. We saw Iggy shutting down Lebron, imagine Pippen instead! Lebron would average 25ppg max on sub 30% shooting.

I am serious here, consider the above, Rodman being far superior to TT, Pippen shutting down Lebron and Durant, who the heck is going to beat that 1996 team in a season?

82-0.

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Lebron averaged almost 40 ppg vs. Iguodala. Please remember that Love and Irving were out in the NBA Finals. Jordan never won a playoffs series without Scottie Pippen even in his athletic years in the 1980's.

Here we go again. Why did Iggy win a Finals MVP for guarding LeBron? For that matter, how did Kawhi win Finals MVP another role player who guarded LeBron in the Finals.

This isn't a LeBron versus Jordan thread. That ship has sailed for Bron. As soon as he ran to Miami to form that super team with Wade and Bosh he blew his chances of the GOAT title.

This thread is about the GOAT. Not a role player Finals MVP maker like Bron.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:11 PM

Here we go again. Why did Iggy win a Finals MVP for guarding LeBron? For that matter, how did Kawhi win Finals MVP another role player who guarded LeBron in the Finals.

This isn't a LeBron versus Jordan thread. That ship has sailed for Bron. As soon as he ran to Miami to form that super team with Wade and Bosh he blew his chances of the GOAT title.

This thread is about the GOAT. Not a role player Finals MVP maker like Bron.

Because their team won you stupid F*ck. For an older guy you sure are one of the stupidest poster in this forum.

You really have a low IQ just like the guy on my avatar.

Straight_Ballin
10-16-2015, 01:14 PM
If these lebron stans would actually watch the 2015 finals games instead of just checking the post game stats, they would see that at the end lebron checked out while JR refused to give up and started demanding the ball and cut down the lead. Watch at 1:02 when JR just takes the entry pass away which is intended for lebron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLN7SDAW3Y

Jordan would never show beta type qualities like Lebron and he would have demanded the ball. As you view the link, you see JR realize that lebron doesn't have it, and he takes matters upon himself. If only Lebron had the heart that JR does.

riseagainst
10-16-2015, 01:15 PM
Because their team won you stupid F*ck. For an older guy you sure are one of the stupidest poster in this forum.

You really have a low IQ just like the guy on my avatar.

:lol

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 01:18 PM

Have some common sense old F*ck.

Don't get mad at me because LeBron failed to become the so called Chosen One. Tattooing the words Chosen One on your back doesn't make you the GOAT. LeBron high tailed it out of Cleveland to form a super team and stack the deck in his favor in Miami and still got crushed by the Mavericks in the 2011 Finals. He's an insecure, self proclaimed King that has failed on the biggest of stages of his life 5 times. In 2011, he was clowned and embarrassed by role players like Jason Terry, DeShawn Stevenson , Shawn Marion, etc. I could go on and on.

Don't make this a LeBron versus Jordan thread. LeBron can't hold a candle to the GOAT. Go post your nonsense in one of those LeBronze Family threads. This isn't the place for it.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:20 PM

Don't get mad at me because LeBron failed to become the so called Chosen One. Tattooing the words Chosen One on your back doesn't make you the GOAT. LeBron high tailed it out of Cleveland to form a super team and stack the deck in his favor. He's an insecure, self proclaimed King that has failed on the biggest of stages of his life 5 times. In 2011, he was clowned and embarrassed by role players like Jason Terry, DeShawn Stevenson , Shawn Marion, etc. I could go on and on.

Don't make this a LeBron versus Jordan thread. LeBron's can't hold a candle to the GOAT. Go post your nonsense in one of those LeBronze Family threads. This isn't the place for it.

At the end of the day LeBron is a 4x NBA MVP, 2x Finals MVP, 1x NBA Scoring Champion, 3x NBA Playoffs Scoring champion while you are a talent less Bum.

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 01:22 PM
At the end of the day LeBron is
A 2/6, possibly soon to be 2/7, role player Finals MVP creator. He will also never be considered the GOAT. Get over it and get lost.

sd3035
10-16-2015, 01:22 PM
At the end of the day LeBron is a 4x NBA MVP, 2x Finals MVP, 1x NBA Scoring Champion, 3x NBA Playoffs Scoring champion while you are a talent less Bum.

The definition of gotten to :roll:

ArbitraryWater
10-16-2015, 01:23 PM

His latest post^ reads like comedy too, like it's been written in 2011..wake up foster.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:23 PM
A 2/6, possibly soon to be 2/7, role player Finals MVP creator. He will also never be considered the GOAT. Get over it and get lost.

You cannot predict the future.

Straight_Ballin
10-16-2015, 01:26 PM

Um, no. At the end of the day Foster5k understands the real world from a dream world while you live in some fvcked up demented dream world in which you think Lebron James is more than he really is.

You have 50,000+ posts dedicated to staning a beta 2/6'er who loses his FMVP to role players. Keep living the dream kid over there in the Philippines or wherever the fvck you are at while the rest of us sit back and laugh knowing that we witnessed the GOAT Jordan dominate all and everyone since him come up short in comparison.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:27 PM
Um, no. At the end of the day Foster5k understands the real world from a dream world while you live in some fvcked up demented dream world in which you think Lebron James is more than he really is.

You have 50,000+ posts dedicated to staning a beta 2/6'er who loses his FMVP to role players. Keep living the dream kid over there in the Philippines or wherever the fvck you are at while the rest of us sit back and laugh knowing that we witnessed the GOAT Jordan dominate all and everyone since him come up short in comparison.

You and foster5k are a bunch of bums who lives in their parents basements. I'll never take your posts very seriously.

Straight_Ballin
10-16-2015, 01:28 PM

Don't get mad at me because LeBron failed to become the so called Chosen One. Tattooing the words Chosen One on your back doesn't make you the GOAT. LeBron high tailed it out of Cleveland to form a super team and stack the deck in his favor in Miami and still got crushed by the Mavericks in the 2011 Finals. He's an insecure, self proclaimed King that has failed on the biggest of stages of his life 5 times. In 2011, he was clowned and embarrassed by role players like Jason Terry, DeShawn Stevenson , Shawn Marion, etc. I could go on and on.

Don't make this a LeBron versus Jordan thread. LeBron can't hold a candle to the GOAT. Go post your nonsense in one of those LeBronze Family threads. This isn't the place for it.

It's bad enough when you quiet down a delusional bran stan with a "2/6" but then when you add the actual context to it, they really get upset because the truth hurts. :lol

Straight_Ballin
10-16-2015, 01:31 PM
You and foster5k are a bunch of bums who lives in their parents basements. I'll never take your posts very seriously.

No one is going to take the word of yours over someone like myself who watched Jordan play live and grew up in a suburb of Cleveland. I've seen so many Cavs games live with Bron playing that it would make your head spin kid and I still know what Lebron is and what he isn't, unlike yourself that can't seem to come to grips with reality.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:34 PM
No one is going to take the word of yours over someone like myself who watched Jordan play live and grew up in a suburb of Cleveland. I've seen so many Cavs games live with Bron playing that it would make your head spin kid and I still know what Lebron is and what he isn't, unlike yourself that can't seem to come to grips with reality.

Only in this forum where 2x NBA Champion got hated for no reason. You guys are a bunch of Yo-Yo's.

Straight_Ballin
10-16-2015, 01:42 PM
Only in this forum where 2x NBA Champion got hated for no reason. You guys are a bunch of Yo-Yo's.

A 2x champion that left his team and his hometown to win only to come crawling back with his head in between his legs. If those 2 rings in Miami actually meant shit to Lebron, he wouldn't have felt so inclined to come back to Cleveland to prove something.

It's Jordan who gets hated on for no reason by insecure bron fans who are mad that the player of their era came up short in comparison.

GrapeApe
10-16-2015, 01:44 PM

Yet somehow I don't think you'd have a problem hating on 5 x NBA champion Kobe or 3 x NBA champion Wade.

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Perfect LeBron stan logic. Just because someone disagrees that LeBron is the greatest player of all time, they're automatically bums. Lmao. This is why people don't take LeBron stans seriously. They run away from logic and actual real arguments.

LeBron23, keep believing that your idol LeBron James is the GOAT. Keep believing that he didn't go 2/6 in the Finals. Keep believing that he didn't make two role players like Iggy and Kawhi Finals MVP. Keep believing that he didn't run away, from Cleveland, when things got hard to form a super team. Keep believing that he isn't insecure and just wore that head band for fashion and not because his hairline was jacked. Keep believing that Ray Allen's miracle 3 in game 6 versus the Spurs in the 2013 NBA Finals didn't save his career from total embarrassment. Keep believing that he didn't win his first ring during a lockout season in 2012 versus a young and inexperienced OKC squad who's star player he befriended in the off-season. Keep believing that everything I'm saying is just hating on LeBron and not the truth. Keep believing that Michael Jordan didn't make it look easy and LeBron actually thought he had a legit chance to match Jordan's career.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Yet somehow I don't think you'd have a problem hating on 5 x NBA champion Kobe or 3 x NBA champion Wade.

I don't even hate Wade. Kobe and his fans are a bunch of jerk offs in real life.

PS

Heat won't advance in the 2nd round of the playoffs. They are first round fodders this season.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:48 PM
Perfect LeBron stan logic. Just because someone disagrees that LeBron is the greatest player of all time, they're automatically bums. Lmao. This is why people don't take LeBron stans seriously. They run away from logic and actual real arguments.

LeBron23, keep believing that your idol LeBron James is the GOAT. Keep believing that he didn't go 2/6 in the Finals. Keep believing that he didn't make two role players like Iggy and Kawhi Finals MVP. Keep believing that he didn't run away, from Cleveland, when things got hard to form a super team. Keep believing that he isn't insecure and just wore that head band for fashion and not because his hairline was jacked. Keep believing that Ray Allen's miracle 3 in game 6 versus the Spurs in the 2013 NBA Finals didn't save his career from total embarrassment. Keep believing that he didn't win his first ring during a lockout season in 2012 versus a young and inexperienced OKC squad who's star player he befriended in the off-season. Keep believing that everything I'm saying is just hating on LeBron and not the truth. Keep believing that Michael Jordan didn't make it look easy and LeBron actually thought he had a legit chance to match Jordan's career.

http://www.smartshanghai.com/uploads/articles/2014/07/3089411404281443.gif

I got 2 words for you Son.

Straight_Ballin
10-16-2015, 01:49 PM

It's called living in a dream world where you pretend that facts don't exist because they contradict your belief that a player is more than what he really is. It's a sad way to be a fan of the game. It really is. Meanwhile the rest of us who live in the real world understand that Jordan is GOAT, and we wait patiently to see if anyone can actually dethrone him.

So far, I haven't been impressed.

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 01:50 PM
http://www.smartshanghai.com/uploads/articles/2014/07/3089411404281443.gif

I got 2 words for you Son.
I got 2 words for you too. Iggy Kawhi

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:51 PM
I got 2 words for you too. Iggy Kawhi

7 words son.

Soon to be 3x Finals MVP Lebron James.

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 01:53 PM
7 words son.

Yawn... Wake me up when LeBron wins more Finals than he loses.

ballinhun8
10-16-2015, 01:53 PM
7 words son.

So foster can't predict the future but you can?

Ohhhh only LBJ stans can be this stupid.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:54 PM
So foster can't predict the future but you can?

Ohhhh only LBJ stans can be this stupid.

Want to make a bet?? Only in US Dollars not in Mexican Pesos.

scandisk_
10-16-2015, 01:57 PM

So you're buying what Phil said? Wilt said MJ won't do shit in his era and no one ever bought that. 40-45ppg how? break it down please.

MJ with that usage rate is going to kill his teams offense and flow. Now let's say he goes ham and goes for buckets every posession, ONE WORD FOR YOU bruh. FATIGUE. No one's letting MJ do heavy damage on easy shots, they'll make him work. REMEMBER 40PPG, yup every night. 96 MJ? u serious? :oldlol:

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 02:06 PM
So you're buying what Phil said? Wilt said MJ won't do shit in his era and no one ever bought that. 40-45ppg how? break it down please.
I think I'll take Phil Jackson's word, who's one of the greatest coaches in NBA history and has won eleven championships, over Wilt's. As I stated, these NBA greats are not just blowing smoke when they're asked about Micheal Jordan and how he would perform in today's era.

Look, I get it. The numbers look mind boggling. You're asking yourself how can a player average 40+ppg. However, did not Kobe Bryant scorch the league in 2006 and averaged 35ppg? Did not Phil Jackson say that Jordan was overall better than Kobe? If Kobe can get 35ppg, there's no way Jordan can't get at least 40ppg. As I said, NBA minds smarter than ours, like Phil Jackson, already said he could get 45ppg. Phil Jackson coached both Kobe and Jordan.

catch24
10-16-2015, 02:06 PM
John Wooden claimed Kobe is the greatest player he's ever seen.

John Wooden, arguably THE greatest coach in history.

People need to quit using quotes from players/coaches and pretending they're unequivocal facts.

ballinhun8
10-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Want to make a bet?? Only in US Dollars not in Mexican Pesos.

What do they even use for currency in the Philippines? The tears of little boys who are forced to dress up as woman so you can get your rocks off?

nba_55
10-16-2015, 02:08 PM
Lebron23 slaying jordan stans :oldlol: :oldlol:

aj1987
10-16-2015, 03:03 PM

That's the problem with your logic. There are more people who said LeBron is on MJ's level or he's flat out better than him, than people who said MJ COULD score 45.

Again, the only way '96 MJ is scoring 45 a game is by taking over 35 shots a game and playing worse defense than Nash. All that on a team that wouldn't even make the Playoffs.

Wade's Rings
10-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Lebron averaged almost 40 ppg vs. Iguodala. Please remember that Love and Irving were out in the NBA Finals.

Lebron shot 33% when guarded by Iggy.

Jordan never won a playoffs series without Scottie Pippen even in his athletic years in the 1980's.

Really? Context?

He failed to led that Wizards team in the playoffs in the the worst conference of all time. The early 2000's east were a garbage conference.

In 2002 the Wizards were like 15-1 with Jordan & Rip before his knee injury. They were easily going to make the Playoffs and could've made a deep Playoff Run.

Hey Yo
10-16-2015, 05:04 PM
If these lebron stans would actually watch the 2015 finals games instead of just checking the post game stats, they would see that at the end lebron checked out while JR refused to give up and started demanding the ball and cut down the lead. Watch at 1:02 when JR just takes the entry pass away which is intended for lebron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uLN7SDAW3Y

Jordan would never show beta type qualities like Lebron and he would have demanded the ball. As you view the link, you see JR realize that lebron doesn't have it, and he takes matters upon himself. If only Lebron had the heart that JR does.
We have no idea what Jordan would have done in his 5th consecutive Finals appearance. He quit the league before giving himself and his team a chance to do so......twice!

Paul George 24
10-16-2015, 09:16 PM
We have no idea what Jordan would have done in his 5th consecutive Finals appearance. He quit the league before giving himself and his team a chance to do so......twice!
what if yr dad dead ?

Gileraracer
10-17-2015, 01:15 PM
36ppg / 8 rpg / 8 apg / 2.8 spg / 1.2 bpg

53% FG / 34 % 3pt / 88% FT

G0ATbe
10-17-2015, 01:17 PM
23/4/5

41% shooting