PDA

View Full Version : How many guys in the NBA can do this today

3ball
10-15-2015, 09:08 PM
Double-pump from FT line with ease (jogging up to FT line while dribbling):

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-03-2015/64Ba72.gif

Double-pump is the hardest because the pump makes you lose momentum and airtime.

kennethgriffin
10-15-2015, 09:11 PM
jordan never even did a legit free throw dunk

hes always had a foot on the line

dr j invented it..

20 guys have done it ...

and james white puts mj to shame...

kennethgriffin
10-15-2015, 09:13 PM
ontop of all that.. jordan spammed the shit out of that dunk like 5-6 times in the dunk contest and should have been getting 6's after the 1st time he completed the dunk

catch24
10-15-2015, 09:14 PM
Foot on the line, ergo not a FT-line dunk.

:no:

Kblaze8855
10-15-2015, 09:25 PM
So many people do ft line dunks nobody even cares anymore. Im sure dozens could in the 90s...the Bulls had 3 guys who could do it at times. Toni Kukoc did it easily in a 91 dunk contest. Most didn't do any kind of pump but MJ himself didn't double pump it several times he did it. Clearly he was capable.

I believe Jeff foster did a ft line dunk......

James white windmills it......

3ball
10-15-2015, 09:31 PM
ontop of all that.. jordan spammed the shit out of that dunk like 5-6 times in the dunk contest and should have been getting 6's after the 1st time he completed the dunk
i think you're just salty because your guy - Kobe - can't do it.

don't feel bad - guys like harden and westbrook can't do it either.

ISHGoat
10-15-2015, 09:32 PM
Lots of dudes could do it. Each team probably has atleast one guy.

Double pumping when already airborn doesnt ****ing make you lose momentum or airtime :facepalm

3ball
10-15-2015, 09:32 PM
So many people do ft line dunks nobody even cares anymore. Im sure dozens could in the 90s...the Bulls had 3 guys who could do it at times. Toni Kukoc did it easily in a 91 dunk contest. Most didn't do any kind of pump but MJ himself didn't double pump it several times he did it. Clearly he was capable.

I believe Jeff foster did a ft line dunk......

James white windmills it......
james white and a couple others have done crazier things than MJ did.

but nobody who was any good at basketball did it as easily as MJ, with the double pump, dribbling to the rim (as opposed to dr. j, pippen, kukoc, and brent barry travelling with two hands on the ball), and jogging.

mj could do the dunk easily enough to put some extra flair and style into it.. the other guys were barely getting there with all their might.

G-train
10-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Double-pump from FT line with ease (jogging up to FT line while dribbling):

He ran as much as anyone does for a FT dunk.

Smook A.
10-15-2015, 09:35 PM
Forget about the guys in the NBA who can do this. I've seen guys at my rec do the type of FT line dunks that would make anyone fall to the floor in awe. I'm talking about between the legs, 180 degrees, and windmills. If I asked "these guys" to do what MJ did, they'd laugh and just do the double pump free throw line dunk with eaaaaase.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-15-2015, 09:39 PM
james white and a couple others have done crazier things than MJ did.

but nobody who was any good at basketball did it as easily as MJ, with the double pump, dribbling to the rim (as opposed to dr. j, pippen, kukoc, and brent barry travelling with two hands on the ball), and jogging.

mj could do the dunk easily enough to put some extra flair and style into it.. the other guys were barely getting there with all their might.

Stfu you stan. James white was doing dis chit in HS:facepalm

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 09:39 PM
They way MJ did it? As in dribble without traveling like a regular basketball move and double pump and still have enough room to spare? Not too many.

But do it without dribbling and your sole purpose is to reach to try to dunk it like everyone else? Obviously more can do that. People underrate the difficulty of this dunk. It's not easy.

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Forget about the guys in the NBA who can do this. I've seen guys at my rec do the type of FT line dunks that would make anyone fall to the floor in awe. I'm talking about between the legs, 180 degrees, and windmills. If I asked "these guys" to do what MJ did, they'd laugh and just do the double pump free throw line dunk with eaaaaase.

He said in the NBA. I realize there are some freakish non-NBA dunkers out there.

kennethgriffin
10-15-2015, 09:43 PM
i think you're just salty because your guy - Kobe - can't do it.

don't feel bad - guys like harden and westbrook can't do it either.

jordan cant do a 360

jordan cant do a between the legs

jordan cant do a full extension windmill

kobes done them all

so theres things both cant do that the other guy can.

provide a link of MJ doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx3fUxRpD7Q

no bend in elbow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cWDBWvCTvE

closest jordan ever came to between the legs ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpg4XYa4Bi8

jordans only 360 ever ^^ in practice .. no guts in a real game

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 09:47 PM
James White does between the legs dunks from the FT line

Brent Barry did FT line dunks

FT line dunks are not so special ... Lebron has done it in game

Smoke117
10-15-2015, 09:48 PM
MJ is 100 times better than even the 2nd greatest basketball player...there, happy 3ball?

Kblaze8855
10-15-2015, 09:50 PM
Not sure id call this all his might....

http://giant.gfycat.com/ArtisticSafeCopperbutterfly.gif

And Vince was doing it in warmups with a full 90 degree arm **** like nothing. He did it in the 95 high school dunk contest and cocked it back like a regular tomahawk.

I dont think those dunks were ever that tough for great athletes....people just didnt think to do them for a long time.

Well a few did but nobody cared.

j3lademaster
10-15-2015, 09:51 PM
Pretty sure Wiggins can. I don't know if Zach Lavine can palm the ball like that, but he definitely has hops in excess to pull off the rest of that dunk. Don't know what kind of shape Javale's in right now, but I have no doubt with his length/ hands/ hangtime he could do it at some point of his career. Think Ibaka did something similar in the dunk contest a few years back? He can probably do it in a few tries. Definitely a short list, that combination of athleticism and hands is just rare.

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 09:52 PM
3ball is worst than bruceblitz and Loki (OldSkoolBball)

Do you worship that bald headed ***** who throws a ball into a hoop?

Kblaze8855
10-15-2015, 09:53 PM
Lavine a bit inside the line...

http://38.media.tumblr.com/6b50dc3ef9a751ec927d3250bda997ad/tumblr_ndzpsbEEzT1rq1dtdo1_400.gif

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 09:54 PM
Not sure id call this all his might....

http://giant.gfycat.com/ArtisticSafeCopperbutterfly.gif

And Vince was doing it in warmups with a full 90 degree arm **** like nothing. He did it in the 95 high school dunk contest and cocked it back like a regular tomahawk.

I dont think those dunks were ever that tough for great athletes....people just didnt think to do them for a long time.

Well a few did but nobody cared.

No dribble and no flair and reaching to convert the dunk. The way MJ did it was much harder. Dribble, double pump and room to spare. Different level of converting the FT line dunk.

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 09:55 PM
Lavine a bit inside the line...

http://38.media.tumblr.com/6b50dc3ef9a751ec927d3250bda997ad/tumblr_ndzpsbEEzT1rq1dtdo1_400.gif

That's about a whole foot. Still impressive as hell though.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-15-2015, 09:56 PM
:confusedshrug:
No dribble and no flair and reaching to convert the dunk. The way MJ did it was much harder. Dribble, double pump and room to spare. Different level of converting the FT line dunk.

:biggums: :coleman: *** otta here with the MJ riding. Nikka was spaming the same dunks in his career had no creativity dunk wise.

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 09:58 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilhwb_PFZts

Kblaze8855
10-15-2015, 10:00 PM

This is Toni Kukoc. Not exactly known for mind bending athletic ability. The point isnt that it was as impressive...the point is that someone nobody even considers an athlete is doing basic Ft line dunks with little trouble. Im sure the leagues elite athletes wouldnt struggle.

There are a few two foot only leapers...Steve Francis...Jrich. But there are too many good athletes who can do these dunks to name.

Im sure plenty can move it around a bit in the air....just as im sure Jordan could have the many times he did it straight forward.

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 10:19 PM

I never said MJ was the only one who can do a nice looking FT dunk.

SHAQisGOAT
10-15-2015, 10:21 PM
jordan never even did a legit free throw dunk

hes always had a foot on the line

Bullshit right there... Said it many times before...

His most well known "FT-line" dunk was the one in the OP, from the 1987 slam dunk contest, when he jumped while stepping on the line... BUT in his FT-line dunk from the 1985 contest, he didn't really step on the line...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/df6bc5dcad9f6bb45f38ee98bef7b376/tumblr_n57zloJMeS1svefdfo1_400.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD54eF2XKJA

slow-mo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD7o6nCv5qw&t=0m18s

I still see most people saying the same old bullshit that he stepped on the line, then posting that footage from 1987 :rolleyes: He once did it without stepping on it, so... Yet most people don't even know it :facepalm

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 10:24 PM
This is Toni Kukoc. Not exactly known for mind bending athletic ability. The point isnt that it was as impressive...the point is that someone nobody even considers an athlete is doing basic Ft line dunks with little trouble. Im sure the leagues elite athletes wouldnt struggle.

There are a few two foot only leapers...Steve Francis...Jrich. But there are too many good athletes who can do these dunks to name.

Im sure plenty can move it around a bit in the air....just as im sure Jordan could have the many times he did it straight forward.

But Kukoc is 6'10" with long arms. In a FT line dunk, he has the length advantage. My only point is that MJ's FT line dunk (the way he did it), isn't easy. Only because he made it look easy doesn't mean it is.

kamil
10-15-2015, 10:25 PM
None of the the free throw line dunks have ever been impressive. Meh.

Kblaze8855
10-15-2015, 10:28 PM
I don't think anyone believe these plays are easy. But there are hundreds if not thousands of people who make it look that way.

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 10:29 PM
But Kukoc is 6'10" with long arms. In a FT line dunk, he has the length advantage. My only point is that MJ's FT line dunk (the way he did it), isn't easy. Only because he made it look easy doesn't mean it is.

Teenagers can do dunks MJ couldn't do

Now gtfo

MJ was great for his time but you have n1kk@$ doing 360 between the legs dunks

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 10:32 PM

Now gtfo

No sh't. Lots of guys can jump higher and are more explosive than MJ. This topic is about NBA players and not guys who can just jump and dunk but can't play a lick of ball.

SHAQisGOAT
10-15-2015, 10:32 PM

Now gtfo

And they can't play for shit :lol Practicing their dunking while Jordan practiced on his overall game instead...

Bet MJ can even school most of those nikkas 1on1 RIGHT NOW.

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 10:35 PM

His most well known "FT-line" dunk was the one in the OP, from the 1987 slam dunk contest, when he jumped while stepping on the line... BUT in his FT-line dunk from the 1985 contest, he didn't really step on the line...

https://31.media.tumblr.com/df6bc5dcad9f6bb45f38ee98bef7b376/tumblr_n57zloJMeS1svefdfo1_400.gif

I still see most people saying the same old bullshit that he stepped on the line, then posting that footage from 1987 :rolleyes: He once did it without stepping on it, so... Yet most people don't even know it :facepalm

Nice. He clearly had some room to spare too.

kennethgriffin
10-15-2015, 10:36 PM

notice how when jordan actually jumps behind the line he turns into brent barry

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffin
10-15-2015, 10:37 PM
Nice. He clearly had some room to spare too.

lmfao @ this ^

nice? nice!?

dude had no style, no flair

he immediately lost his african heritage when actually doing it clean

:lol

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 10:38 PM
No sh't. Lots of guys can jump higher and are more explosive than MJ. This topic is about NBA players and not guys who can just jump and dunk but can't play a lick of ball.

James White was in the NBA and he can probably dunk from near the top of the key

MJ's leaping ability is overrated ... He has a 48" listed vertical, something only someone as retarded as 3ball would buy

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 10:39 PM
notice how when jordan actually jumps behind the line he turns into brent barry

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:oldlol:

MJ's dunks > Kobes

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 10:40 PM
Also, MJ is the shortest guy to ever do the FT line dunk in an NBA dunk contest. Everyone else were 6'7" or taller with long arms. Erving, Barry, Pippen, Ibaka, Drexler, etc. And MJ is the only one who dribbled and took two steps, not just a full sprint. In addition, MJ is the only guy who did something with the ball. Everyone else just tried to convert it. Finally, no one had more room to spare. You add all that up and it was not an easy dunk.

Foster5k
James White was in the NBA and he can probably dunk from near the top of the key

Put down that controller son. NBA2k is not real life.

kennethgriffin

MJ's dunks > Kobes

thats debatable

jordans dunks were more aesthetically pleasing.

thats about it

kobes were always more ferocious, out of nowhere, in your face, more intricate during games.

kobe had a bigger bag of tricks IMO

bigkingsfan
10-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Saw Cousins doing it from a live warmup, it was inside the three point line.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 10:45 PM
thats debatable

thats about it

kobes were always more ferocious, out of nowhere, in your face, more intricate during games.

Who would win in a dunk contest? Peak Jordan or Peak Kobe? Don't even try to say Kobe.

HighFlyer23
10-15-2015, 10:45 PM

Put down that controller son. NBA2k is not real life.

The n1ggq does between the legs from the FT line without much trouble

If he extended like Jordan he could probably dunk from mid point within the circle

3ball
10-15-2015, 10:49 PM
It's not debateable Kenneth

ShawkFactory
thats debatable

thats about it

At least you said IMO

Foster5k
The n1ggq does between the legs from the FT line without much trouble

If he extended like Jordan he could probably dunk from mid point within the circle
Key word is probably. I'm thinking if he could do a dunk like that, he would have already did it. Not to mention, James White completely sucked in the last NBA Sprite Dunk Contest. He pretty much failed all of his dunks.

That's another thing Jordan has over guys like James White. He excels when the stage is the brightest.

3ball
10-15-2015, 10:50 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-08-2015/jzLx3O.gif

that's debateable.

jordans dunks were more aesthetically pleasing.. thats about it

Kenneth, you realize that Kobe averaged about 65 dunks per season in his prime, compared to 150 for MJ?... And MJ's 150 came during a time when it was harder to get a dunk (higher shots per dunk).

Just look at the dunk above - Kobe can't dunk on a guy with his arm BENT from him being up so damn high - Kobe always has to extend fully to posterize guys... MJ's athleticism was vastly superior.

Kblaze8855
10-15-2015, 10:54 PM
Brent Barry is 6'6'''(and a quarter says the combine) and Terrence Stansbury is 6'5''. Vince Carter is 6'5'' and a half. Ive heard it said Jordan is 6'4'' but ive seen little evidence. The combine numbers for 84 are incomplete. Im guessing he was about VCs height.

Foster5k
10-15-2015, 10:56 PM
Kenneth, you realize that Kobe averaged about 65 dunks per season in his prime, compared to 150 for MJ?... And MJ's 150 came during a time when it was harder to get a dunk (higher shots per dunk).

Just look at the dunk above - Kobe can't dunk on a guy with his arm BENT from him being up so damn high - Kobe always has to extend fully to posterize guys... MJ's athleticism was vastly superior.

Kobe stans running away from this thread faster than when LeBron ran from Cleveland to form that super team in Miami.

sd3035
10-15-2015, 10:57 PM
That guy can't even do a FT line dunk, shit thread

Rake2204
10-15-2015, 11:25 PM
There's a bit of truth to the notion that there have not been many, if any, other NBA players who've replicated Jordan's free throw line dunk in the fashion he did, with the pump, legs flying behind, etc. That's not to say there haven't been NBA players that could, it's just I don't recall seeing it.

Most of the people who've completed the free throw line dunk in contest (Scottie Pippen, Brent Barry, Dwight Howard, Jonathan Bender, Serge Ibaka) were all missing at least one piece of the puzzle that prevented them from properly MJ'ing, whether it was ball security or a flat lack of hangtime.

Interestingly, I'm not sure if James White could palm a basketball, at least not very well. In some ways, it makes his free throw line dunks more impressive, since there's a bit of compensation that comes with not being able to palm; he couldn't rely on a Pippen-ish reach-out and rim-graze; he had to hammer. But then again, in Jordan's case in '88, even though he could palm with ease, he handicapped himself a little bit by pumping the ball back toward his ear, adding to the difficulty.

P.S. As much as I love Vince Carter, he tended to pull off a lot of "near" free throw line dunks instead of the real thing, and I think he'd be the first to acknowledge and admit as such. I think he has a tinge of regret for not hitting the line in 2000. His high school flush was true but then again, the rim was bent. I know there's a grainy low angle of one where he brings it way back during a shootaround too, but that's tough to tell. Otherwise, he was usually a step in.

ClipperRevival
10-15-2015, 11:40 PM
There's a bit of truth to the notion that there have not been many, if any, other NBA players who've replicated Jordan's free throw line dunk in the fashion he did, with the pump, legs flying behind, etc. That's not to say there haven't been NBA players that could, it's just I don't recall seeing it.

Most of the people who've completed the free throw line dunk in contest (Scottie Pippen, Brent Barry, Dwight Howard, Jonathan Bender, Serge Ibaka) were all missing at least on piece of the puzzle that prevented them from properly MJ'ing, whether it was ball security or a flat lack of hangtime.

Interestingly, I'm not sure if James White could palm a basketball, at least not very well. In some ways, it makes his free throw line dunks more impressive, since there's a bit of compensation that comes with not being able to palm; he couldn't rely on a Pippen-ish reach-out and rim-graze; he had to hammer. But then again, in Jordan's case in '88, even though he could palm with ease, he handicapped himself a little bit by pumping the ball back toward his ear, adding to the difficulty.

P.S. As much as I love Vince Carter, he tended to pull off a lot of "near" free throw line dunks instead of the real thing, and I think he'd be the first to acknowledge and admit as such. I think he has a tinge of regret for not hitting the line in 2000. His high school flush was true but then again, the rim was bent. I know there's a grainy low angle of one where he brings it way back during a shootaround too, but that's tough to tell. Otherwise, he was usually a step in.

Good stuff.

And Vince was not a glider who covered a lot of ground horizontally but an almost exclusive two footed jumper who did it vertically, so the FT line dunk wasn't suited for him anyways. That's another factor that separated MJ. He could dunk it any way. Off one leg to cover ground horizontally or off two feet to get max vertical.

Jameerthefear
10-15-2015, 11:43 PM
Honestly, Jordan as a dunker has never been impressive to me.

Kblaze8855
10-15-2015, 11:47 PM
Vince was dunking inches inside dunk contest distances casually in game during the playoffs. I think he's a pretty good one foot jumper.

Rake2204
10-16-2015, 01:03 AM
Vince was dunking inches inside dunk contest distances casually in game during the playoffs. I think he's a pretty good one foot jumper.Agreed. He always seemed more than capable of taking off from the line but it's like he just struggled with the timing skill in a lot of instances, in terms of getting his steps right and planting at the correct location. With the comfort with which he dunked from 14.5-14.9 feet away, it seems he could likely free throw line with ease on a regular basis.

And Vince was not a glider who covered a lot of ground horizontally but an almost exclusive two footed jumper who did it vertically, so the FT line dunk wasn't suited for him anyways. That's another factor that separated MJ. He could dunk it any way. Off one leg to cover ground horizontally or off two feet to get max vertical.I may have to semi-dispute that. If Carter had to select a preferred dunking method, I think he'd undoubtedly go with the two-foot takeoff, but he was still pretty righteous off of one.

That said, I know you weren't suggesting he had a Jason Richardson or Dominique Wilkins-like dependency on two-foot takeoffs, but he had some one-foot stuff that was just about as off the charts as his two-footed biz.

In addition to his Knicks playoff game near-free throw line, here's another example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX-EJIy2jO8#t=0m33s

ClipperRevival
10-16-2015, 07:19 PM
^^^^

I'm just saying that VC was primarily a two footed dunker. If you look at his highlights, i would say about 80% are off of two feet. Sure, he will give you a gliding, one foot dunk like his famous one against the Knicks once in a while. But at his core, he was a two footed dunker. Gliding and covering a lot of horizontal ground wasn't his fortay. Going vertical over guys was.

Bless Mathews
10-16-2015, 07:26 PM
You haters just don't FUCCIN get it.

Jordan's free throw line dunk was so fOnky.

Effortless.

STYLE. STYLE BEYOND STYLE.

you kids are a bunch of technical, stat watching mOarks.

Jordan's style is by far and away the fOnkiest in history.

Hey Yo
10-16-2015, 07:45 PM
I saw Kukoc play. I'd say he was a pretty good baller.

Rake2204
10-17-2015, 09:18 AM
At this point, I'd say James White is the only fellow who's in the same ballpark as Jordan in terms of NBA free throw line dunks. Even then, White's best free throw work came pre-NBA. Though even in college, he was often a victim of small-ish hands and the inability to work against a short dunk clock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtx19TC3gIo

^^Still nasty, though.

Then again, Jordan missed one of his free throw line attempts as well. He also wasn't attempting the variations White was.

^^^^

I'm just saying that VC was primarily a two footed dunker. If you look at his highlights, i would say about 80% are off of two feet. Sure, he will give you a gliding, one foot dunk like his famous one against the Knicks once in a while. But at his core, he was a two footed dunker. Gliding and covering a lot of horizontal ground wasn't his fortay. Going vertical over guys was.Oh word, yep, I can agree with that.

Pointguard
10-17-2015, 11:59 AM
This is at a whole different level than anything else in this thread. And he had room to spare.

Bless Mathews
10-17-2015, 12:05 PM
This is at a whole different level than anything else in this thread. And he had room to spare.

Daaaaaaammmmmm that IS NASTY

But what he do in the NBA?

Pointguard
10-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Daaaaaaammmmmm that IS NASTY

But what he do in the NBA?
Does it matter? Its not the topic of the thread.

Rake2204
10-17-2015, 12:56 PM
Does it matter? Its not the topic of the thread.It's kinda the topic, as the original poster was looking for which NBA players today could pull off or exceed Jordan's take on the free throw line dunk. White's not technically in the league anymore so I guess it's kind of null. And unfortunately, even when he was in the league, he didn't get his shot at the NBA Dunk Contest until he was 30, at which point he struggled a little :-(

GIF REACTION
10-17-2015, 01:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cke0Ad1d5oQ

Athletically declining lebron nearly did it from the ft line in a game last season

Look at how far he lands

Dude is a beast

GIF REACTION
10-17-2015, 01:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-n8c5BK5T0

Insane

Rake2204
10-17-2015, 01:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cke0Ad1d5oQ

Athletically declining lebron nearly did it from the ft line in a game last season

Look at how far he lands

Dude is a beastI have zero doubt LeBron James most definitely had free throw line skill. In his prime, I thought he might have even had legit Entire-Foot-Behind, Not-Even-A-Tippy-Toe-On-The-Line free throw line ability. But the clip posted above is not even in the area code; I think it's far enough away to not even be declared a "near free throw line" dunk. He's pretty much as close to dunking from the dotted line as he is from the stripe there.

SugarHill
10-17-2015, 02:04 PM
I have zero doubt LeBron James most definitely had free throw line skill. In his prime, I thought he might have even had legit Entire-Foot-Behind, Not-Even-A-Tippy-Toe-On-The-Line free throw line ability. But the clip posted above is not even in the area code; I think it's far enough away to not even be declared a "near free throw line" dunk. He's pretty much as close to dunking from the dotted line as he is from the stripe there.
He basically did a freethrow line in game while in Cleveland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQLUvMNRQ-o

Pointguard
10-17-2015, 03:46 PM
It's kinda the topic, as the original poster was looking for which NBA players today could pull off or exceed Jordan's take on the free throw line dunk. White's not technically in the league anymore so I guess it's kind of null. And unfortunately, even when he was in the league, he didn't get his shot at the NBA Dunk Contest until he was 30, at which point he struggled a little :-(
Ok, I didn't know the OP came with a ref. James White was in the league when he was 22 and 26 years old - when he was at his dunking prime. The slam dunk contest isn't a qualifier in the OP. White would obviously kill anybody who has done the contest, just a tidbit.

Dr Hawk
10-17-2015, 03:54 PM
Foot on the line, ergo not a FT-line dunk.

:no:

If he has the foot on the line, it literally is a FT-line dunk.

The_Yearning
10-17-2015, 04:09 PM
Zac LeVine does it beyond the free throw line between the legs.

Effortlessly.

Bless Mathews
10-17-2015, 04:20 PM
Does it matter? Its not the topic of the thread.

Re read thread title very very carefully then respond.

Thanks corky.