PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Rose - "The Orlando Magic Will Make The Playoffs"...

Dro
10-16-2015, 12:11 AM
I was a bit shocked when he said that. Agree or disagree?

FreezingTsmoove
10-16-2015, 12:14 AM
We really haven't seen anything from Mario because his Euro team never played him but he's been really impressive

1. Raptors
2. Hawks
3. Cavs
4. Bulls
5. Pacers (Not yet sold on their big man rotation. PG still has the best leadership in the game.)
6. Wizards (Could easily be #1 but always seem to fall off toward the end of the season)
7. Magic
8. Bucks (Greg Monroe will ruin this team)

Foster5k
10-16-2015, 12:15 AM
1.Cavs
2.Heat
3.Hawks
4.Bulls
5.Wizards
6.Raptors
7.Bucks
8.Celtics/Knicks/Magic

outbreak
10-16-2015, 12:18 AM
I thought it was the general consensus that Orlando will be fighting for the 8th seed. Not sure if they'll make it but they should come close.

They've added quiet a bit under the radar this off season. I also think a big part that will go un noticed if they do make it is the fact Dedmon now looks like a decent defensive big, in his first couple of seasons he just looked like an athletic body but through out pre season he looks to have slowed his game down, fouls less and even added a mid range jumper. Looks like he can stay on the court longer and help with our rim protection problems.

I'm expecting a mediocre start of the year while rotations get worked out and then a jump after the all star break. If we make it first round exit though of course.

LiLharvard
10-16-2015, 12:23 AM
who have orlando added?:biggums:

SwishSquared
10-16-2015, 12:32 AM
I think they'll make it in the 2016-2017 season. The young guys need another year of maturing before their play will lead to enough wins. However, in the EC there can be some surprises, so you never know. I see them at best getting the 8th seed and losing in no more than 5 games.

Team still has some high ceiling players that will be developing, so they should be fun to watch.

comerb
10-16-2015, 01:27 AM

Well it's the East... I could see it.

G-train
10-16-2015, 01:31 AM
Probably 3-4 seasons away.

WayOfWade
10-16-2015, 01:53 AM
I don't necessarily agree, but I do like the prediction

Heavincent
10-16-2015, 02:07 AM
I don't know why you would be shocked. You only need like 38 wins to make the playoffs in the East.

Any shitty team can make the playoffs in the East if they really want to.

Smoke117
10-16-2015, 02:18 AM
Who? Ja-len wasn't much of a player who had a small golden peak that raised his already absurd ego higher...and now he thinks he can run his mouth and think people care.. No Jalen, No.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-16-2015, 02:41 AM
They have legit talent at every position and def underachieved last year. Their coach was sht and they should done alot better. With that said i wouldnt be surprised if they make playoffs at 6-8 seed also wouldnt if they missed it

BasedTom
10-16-2015, 02:42 AM
someone else at espn predicted 12 wins, I think Jalen is closer to the mark at least :lol

LoneyROY7
10-16-2015, 04:32 AM
Not that crazy, but Oladipo would have to make the jump to "star".

poido123
10-16-2015, 06:04 AM
They are making A jump. That's for sure.

With Scott Skiles to establish a defensive edge to this young team, I think it's very possible.

Magic may take time to adapt to Skiles, but once they do they could be scary heading into next season..

A lot of teams getting stronger in the East. Doesn't look so easy now.

Take Your Lumps
10-16-2015, 06:28 AM
Not sure but it wouldn't shock me.

Scary thing about Orlando is that their BEST CASE scenario would be Mario and/or Gordon blossoming into stars and Oladipo/Harris taking on supporting roles (one of which would probably have to be 6th man). If Mario or Gordon becomes that team's best or 2nd best player, that team should go places. Those two guys are only 20 years old.

Human Error
10-16-2015, 06:29 AM
I agree. They have one of the best young cores in the league in Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Elfrid Payton and Nikola Vucevic. Oladipo does not fit the team and should not be a part of the future though, if they could get a shot blocker for him they will be huge.

LikeMike
10-16-2015, 06:59 AM
Rose has lost his ****ing mind.

LikeMike
10-16-2015, 06:59 AM
I agree. They have one of the best young cores in the league in Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Elfrid Payton and Nikola Vucevic. Oladipo does not fit the team and should not be a part of the future though, if they could get a shot blocker for him they will be huge.
I thought he was their best player. Is he really talented and just a poor fit?

Goro
10-16-2015, 07:02 AM
Disagree. Their core is too young and inexperienced with no vet leadership. If they make it, it will simply be by default because of how bad the East is.

Fallen Angel
10-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Who? Ja-len wasn't much of a player who had a small golden peak that raised his already absurd ego higher...and now he thinks he can run his mouth and think people care.. No Jalen, No.
Are you retarded or something? Seriously.

Jalen Rose's job is being a NBA/College Basketball Analyst.

You can't be this level headed.

ralph_i_el
10-16-2015, 08:30 AM
Lot of talent on that squad.

Nik Vucevic
Victor Oladipo
Mario Hezonja
Tobias Harris
Elfrid Payton
Aaron Gordon
Evan Fournier
Shabazz Napier

I know the last two are longshots, but everyone I listed there has the realistic potential to be an all star player in their career. The first 3 especially

aj1987
10-16-2015, 09:03 AM
We really haven't seen anything from Mario because his Euro team never played him but he's been really impressive

1. Raptors
2. Hawks
3. Cavs
4. Bulls
5. Pacers (Not yet sold on their big man rotation. PG still has the best leadership in the game.)
6. Wizards (Could easily be #1 but always seem to fall off toward the end of the season)
7. Magic
8. Bucks (Greg Monroe will ruin this team)
You think the Pacers will make the PO's over the Heat? Do they even have a C, PF, and a bench?

FreezingTsmoove
10-16-2015, 09:07 AM
You think the Pacers will make the PO's over the Heat? Do they even have a C, PF, and a bench?

**** you and **** the heat

aj1987
10-16-2015, 09:10 AM
Great rebuttal, ******. :cheers:

poido123
10-16-2015, 09:11 AM

Heat should fair better than the Pacers, but I do have strong doubts about the cohesiveness of that team and how they come together.

A lot of talent, but will it fit is the question.

FreezingTsmoove
10-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Great rebuttal, ******. :cheers:

Literally the most shit poster on this board. I cringe at your opinions

aj1987
10-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Heat should fair better than the Pacers, but I do have strong doubts about the cohesiveness of that team and how they come together.

A lot of talent, but will it fit is the question.
Health and consistency are the most important factors. If Wade can stay healthy and play 65+ games in the RS, they'll definitely end up as the #4 seed or better. It'll be fun to watch Wade play with a legit PG for the first time (a whole season) in his career as well. The team is actually pretty deep and we need Rio, Green, Deng, and Johnson to be consistent.

Whiteside/Birdman
Bosh/McBob/Haslem
Deng/Justise
Wade/Green/Tyler
Dragic/Rio

That's a damn good team on paper. As I said, health and consistency.

poido123
10-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Health and consistency are the most important factors. If Wade can stay healthy and play 65+ games in the RS, they'll definitely end up as the #4 seed or better. It'll be fun to watch Wade play with a legit PG for the first time (a whole season) in his career as well. The team is actually pretty deep and we need Rio, Green, Deng, and Johnson to be consistent.

Whiteside/Birdman
Bosh/McBob/Haslem
Deng/Justise
Wade/Green/Tyler
Dragic/Rio

That's a damn good team on paper. As I said, health and consistency.

Just give me healthy Heat vs Cavs playoffs.

That shit would be entertaining AF and even moreso if Wade re arranges Lebron's rectum. :applause:

Fallen Angel
10-16-2015, 09:36 AM
How are the Heat even gonna play offense? This roster would be so much suited with a coach that preached floor spacing and ball movement. Chris Bosh and Hassan Whiteside should have that pick and lob connection that Josh Smith and Dwight Howard had last year and how Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan has always had.

Jailblazers7
10-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Gonna be tough to pass the Celtics simply because Brad Stevens is probably worth an additional 5-6 wins compared to Skiles.

f0und
10-16-2015, 09:50 AM
not sure if they'll make the playoffs, but they should be fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zRYNBry8A

FreezingTsmoove
10-16-2015, 10:00 AM
How are the Heat even gonna play offense? This roster would be so much suited with a coach that preached floor spacing and ball movement. Chris Bosh and Hassan Whiteside should have that pick and lob connection that Josh Smith and Dwight Howard had last year and how Blake Griffin and Deandre Jordan has always had.

McBob is the best passing big man in the game today and its not even close but we will see if he can stay healthy

SwishSquared
10-16-2015, 11:24 AM
Jalen said that the Pistons would def be a playoff team last season, too. He might be trying to take a stab in the dark so that he looks a lot better come next spring. And that's coming from somebody that used to listen to nearly all of his pods.

poido123
10-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Jalen said that the Pistons would def be a playoff team last season, too. He might be trying to take a stab in the dark so that he looks a lot better come next spring. And that's coming from somebody that used to listen to nearly all of his pods.

Detroit were on track until Jennings got injured.

RRR3
10-16-2015, 11:41 AM
It says "heat nation" under your username. Not a Heat fan anymore?

FreezingTsmoove
10-16-2015, 11:57 AM
It says "heat nation" under your username. Not a Heat fan anymore?

Heat suck its the collusion curse

We have a shit roster put together but if Mcbob is healthy they can make the playoffs

Yes im a heat fan still but they are a shit team and organization

RRR3
10-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Heat suck its the collusion curse

We have a shit roster put together but if Mcbob is healthy they can make the playoffs

Yes im a heat fan still but they are a shit team and organization
Ok, I see. You've gone stark raving mad since LeBron left. Got it.

Pushxx
10-16-2015, 12:24 PM
The Magic need their talent to develop first and we're not even sure how good it's going to be. The stars would have to align for them to make the playoffs.

There are too many question marks. Not to mention we don't know how well they can play together too.

FreezingTsmoove
10-16-2015, 12:48 PM
Ok, I see. You've gone stark raving mad since LeBron left. Got it.

3 Chips since I started following the Heat when Shaq signed. Seeing as you are a Cavs fan you have no right to criticize our fanbase seeing as you are still waiting to experience how it feels to see your team win a championship

Im not mad

Just being realistic. Im not going to be a delusional team stan I know a good and shit roster when I see it

Dragics frail ass is not durable and McBob is the only good signing we made

Levity
10-16-2015, 01:26 PM
Gonna be tough to pass the Celtics simply because Brad Stevens is probably worth an additional 5-6 wins compared to Skiles.

agreed. i dont see celtics falling out of the playoffs considering they really bolstered their FC by adding johnson and lee.

Orlando has a terrific core, but consistency will be an issue, as well as experience. Give them 1 or 2 more seasons to claim that 8 spot in an ever improving eastern conference

RRR3
10-16-2015, 01:31 PM
3 Chips since I started following the Heat when Shaq signed. Seeing as you are a Cavs fan you have no right to criticize our fanbase seeing as you are still waiting to experience how it feels to see your team win a championship

Im not mad

Just being realistic. Im not going to be a delusional team stan I know a good and shit roster when I see it

Dragics frail ass is not durable and McBob is the only good signing we made
I'm not a Cavs fan. The Heat are my favorite team too :yaohappy:

Don't confuse me being a LeBron fan with me liking the Cavs. I couldn't care less about them, I just root for LBJ individually.

Lebron23
10-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Maybe if they play in the 1999-2004 Eastern Conference. The East is loaded this year.

Unless Isaiah Thomas went down with an injury. I don't see them advancing in the playoffs for another year.

SwishSquared
10-16-2015, 03:09 PM
Detroit were on track until Jennings got injured.I think Jennings really started to explode once they dropped Josh Smith. He was balling for that stretch until he tore his Achilles.

Still, I think Jalen tries to make a sleeper pick to look smarter come playoff time.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-16-2015, 03:13 PM
it's the east Dleague teams would be #2 seeds

The_Yearning
10-16-2015, 03:50 PM
They are making A jump. That's for sure.

With Scott Skiles to establish a defensive edge to this young team, I think it's very possible.

Magic may take time to adapt to Skiles, but once they do they could be scary heading into next season..

A lot of teams getting stronger in the East. Doesn't look so easy now.

Child, please.

Captvic
10-16-2015, 04:00 PM
People straight snoring on the Pistons, not even sleeping. Greg Monroe is a cancer. People will see now.

Jameerthefear
10-16-2015, 04:55 PM
uh, how does oladipo not fit? i would trade vucevic 10 times before i traded dipo

EricGordon23
10-16-2015, 05:40 PM
People straight snoring on the Pistons, not even sleeping. Greg Monroe is a cancer. People will see now.

Agreed Pistons have a better chance making the playoffs over the Orlando magic

Legends66NBA7
10-16-2015, 07:56 PM
Can't see why not. East is dog shit, they can always make it in.

Better than Charlotte, Toronto, Brooklyn, and Philadelphia. Same tier as Detroit and the probably not far behind teams like Milwaukee, Indiana, Miami, Boston, and New York. Maybe even higher, who knows.

outbreak
10-16-2015, 08:45 PM
uh, how does oladipo not fit? i would trade vucevic 10 times before i traded dipo
Makes no sense. Dipo has upped his 3pt shooting and should be at league avg for sg this year. He's already one of the better sg in the league. The only piece that doesn't fit is frye at pf with vuc at centre. I expect dedmom to help fill that this year

poido123
10-16-2015, 11:53 PM
Child, please.

toronto, miami, wizards, Bulls?, Pistons, Cavs, Bucks, Atlanta, Charlotte, should all have improved. with some of these teams drastically better.

Not a child bro. You're way off.

HylianNightmare
10-17-2015, 01:20 AM
10 seed this year

outbreak
10-17-2015, 01:47 AM
10 seed this year
8 or 9 imo

SwishSquared
10-17-2015, 12:01 PM
8 or 9 imoIf you guys had a big who provided rim protection and was still skilled on offense, I'd be a lot more bullish on the playoff potential this year. I think 9/10 is probably most likely, but I could see Orlando coming on strong post ASB a la Boston last year.

avonbarksdale
10-17-2015, 01:32 PM
not sure if you listened to the whole podcast, but i swear he listed like 12 teams he said were going to make the playoffs lol

Jameerthefear
10-17-2015, 01:36 PM
If you guys had a big who provided rim protection and was still skilled on offense, I'd be a lot more bullish on the playoff potential this year. I think 9/10 is probably most likely, but I could see Orlando coming on strong post ASB a la Boston last year.
yep. vucevic is the weak link imo. if he doesn't improve defensively under skiles, he needs to go.

outbreak
10-17-2015, 03:06 PM
yep. vucevic is the weak link imo. if he doesn't improve defensively under skiles, he needs to go.
Nah he'd be fine if he didn't have channing frye at power foward. Just need a defensive big next to him. I'm expecting more minutes out of dedmon

Jameerthefear
10-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Nah he'd be fine if he didn't have channing frye at power foward. Just need a defensive big next to him. I'm expecting more minutes out of dedmon
but what if hezonja or gordon are ready to break out? we can't keep starting or playing an inferior player just to cover up another's weaknesses. is vooch can't improve defensively, he's gone, period.

outbreak
10-17-2015, 03:29 PM
but what if hezonja or gordon are ready to break out? we can't keep starting or playing an inferior player just to cover up another's weaknesses. is vooch can't improve defensively, he's gone, period.
Dedmon won't start but just play more minutes. Part of our issues last year were frye being a trash defender and oladipo and payton while good individual defenders were bad team defenders which allowed more players to get in to the weak interior. We will need to see how it plays out but vuc contributes a lot to the offence and isn't the worst one on one defender he just sucks at help and cutting off the drive. It's still possible gordon can fill that role too.

SwishSquared
10-17-2015, 04:23 PM
Dedmon won't start but just play more minutes. Part of our issues last year were frye being a trash defender and oladipo and payton while good individual defenders were bad team defenders which allowed more players to get in to the weak interior. We will need to see how it plays out but vuc contributes a lot to the offence and isn't the worst one on one defender he just sucks at help and cutting off the drive. It's still possible gordon can fill that role too.He may turn out to be garbage but I thought in 2014 you guys should have considered Vonleh since he may turn out to be a poor man's Ibaka-type of guy. He didn't do anything his rookie year (injury during preseason, coach didn't trust him, etc.) but I'm going to watch him hopefully in some Portland games this season. Gordon may be a much better player starting this season and going forward, so maybe it doesn't matter.

I think you guys will make a big push to sign T-Jones as a RFA. I think both the Ben Gordon and Channing Frye signings seem like a bust, both when it happened and in retrospect. I totally got signing Frye in hopes of having some legit floor spacing from a big, but thinking he could play PF on defense wasn't smart by Hennigan imo, especially not next to Tobias Harris and Vuc in the frontcourt.

Fwiw I wouldn't include Vuc in a trade unless you're trying to land somebody like Boogie. I was all for moving him in that rumored deal. With his pretty team-friendly deal, Vuc could be moved to a bench role if Orlando gets a better C in FA/draft.

outbreak
10-17-2015, 04:30 PM
He may turn out to be garbage but I thought in 2014 you guys should have considered Vonleh since he may turn out to be a poor man's Ibaka-type of guy. He didn't do anything his rookie year (injury during preseason, coach didn't trust him, etc.) but I'm going to watch him hopefully in some Portland games this season. Gordon may be a much better player starting this season and going forward, so maybe it doesn't matter.

I think you guys will make a big push to sign T-Jones as a RFA. I think both the Ben Gordon and Channing Frye signings seem like a bust, both when it happened and in retrospect. I totally got signing Frye in hopes of having some legit floor spacing from a big, but thinking he could play PF on defense wasn't smart by Hennigan imo, especially not next to Tobias Harris and Vuc in the frontcourt.

Fwiw I wouldn't include Vuc in a trade unless you're trying to land somebody like Boogie. I was all for moving him in that rumored deal. With his pretty team-friendly deal, Vuc could be moved to a bench role if Orlando gets a better C in FA/draft.

We were so far under the minimum salary it didn't matter. Ben Gordon's gone now and Frye's looking better so far under Skiles. He still doesn't fit but I'm guessing someone will trade for him at some point (his salary is front loaded, drops to 6 or 7mil next season I forget which so if he can look ok early i imagine a contender would like his mismatch shooting off the bench). I see Gordon more as being sign just as a body and Frye in the hopes that he could help out when we heavily lacked shooting. Oladipo and Harris have upped their range though so now Frye isn't needed as much.

I never really though of vonleh seriously, he looks like he could be alright but I just didn't see that star potential in him. At first I didn't like the Aaron Gordon pick but after seeing him play last season (and this summer league) I can see why the scouts thought he was worth a shot. Looks to have a good work ethic and can do crazy things on a basketball court.

SwishSquared
10-17-2015, 05:14 PM
We were so far under the minimum salary it didn't matter. Ben Gordon's gone now and Frye's looking better so far under Skiles. He still doesn't fit but I'm guessing someone will trade for him at some point (his salary is front loaded, drops to 6 or 7mil next season I forget which so if he can look ok early i imagine a contender would like his mismatch shooting off the bench). I see Gordon more as being sign just as a body and Frye in the hopes that he could help out when we heavily lacked shooting. Oladipo and Harris have upped their range though so now Frye isn't needed as much.

I never really though of vonleh seriously, he looks like he could be alright but I just didn't see that star potential in him. At first I didn't like the Aaron Gordon pick but after seeing him play last season (and this summer league) I can see why the scouts thought he was worth a shot. Looks to have a good work ethic and can do crazy things on a basketball court.I know you guys were under the floor so the signings would have little impact on future space- I just thought it was odd to add a dude like Ben Gordon when he displayed little vet leadership or anything. It was a 1-year overpay, but I found it odd.

Frye's best as a C and he declined on defense as a PF pretty quick. Or at least I'm mis-remembering- so correct me there if I'm wrong. Hawes got traded for an expiring after an awful season, so Frye can still be moved and an exploding cap helps the cause that much more.

Like I said, I didn't mind adding him to be a bench shooter, but playing Harris/Frye/Vuc together just wasn't a good look. If AG didn't get hurt, that lineup wouldn't have been used as much most likely, so who knows. I was shocked at $32M/8 years for an aging backup big, but I actually expected cap smoothing instead of the spike. The contract isn't bad anymore but he seems more and more like a 15mpg guy.

Gordon is a freak athlete and will probably do lots of things at a "very good" level at his peak. I don't think he'll be "great" at anything but defense, which is still very valuable. I think he's best as a PF on offense, but won't bring rim protection as a 4 on defense. I was shocked you guys picked him- thought you'd take either Exum or Vonleh @ 4, then take somebody like Payne at 12. Obviously, you're better off with Elfrid + Gordon.

Vonleh may be a total bust, but I think he can be a spot up shooter/4th option type on offense and bring defensive versatility. Well, if he pans out. I'm not sure he'll be great, or good, at anything, but I thought he kinda fit as a guy who could play either PF or C and bring some shooting.

I really liked the Super Mario pick this year though. Dude's dripping with confidence and I think he'll progress better on D with Skiles being tough on him.

Genaro
10-17-2015, 05:26 PM
I didn't really thought about the East but I guess it will go (no order) Cavs, Hawks, Bulls, Raptors, Wizards, Heat, Bucks and then you have Magic, Pacers, Knicks and Celtics fighting for the last spot. I think the Celtics take it but we all know injuries happen and maybe the Magic get lucky.

smoovegittar
10-17-2015, 05:46 PM
All these alts talking to themselves. What a joke.

outbreak
10-17-2015, 06:42 PM
I know you guys were under the floor so the signings would have little impact on future space- I just thought it was odd to add a dude like Ben Gordon when he displayed little vet leadership or anything. It was a 1-year overpay, but I found it odd.

Frye's best as a C and he declined on defense as a PF pretty quick. Or at least I'm mis-remembering- so correct me there if I'm wrong. Hawes got traded for an expiring after an awful season, so Frye can still be moved and an exploding cap helps the cause that much more.

Like I said, I didn't mind adding him to be a bench shooter, but playing Harris/Frye/Vuc together just wasn't a good look. If AG didn't get hurt, that lineup wouldn't have been used as much most likely, so who knows. I was shocked at $32M/8 years for an aging backup big, but I actually expected cap smoothing instead of the spike. The contract isn't bad anymore but he seems more and more like a 15mpg guy.

Gordon is a freak athlete and will probably do lots of things at a "very good" level at his peak. I don't think he'll be "great" at anything but defense, which is still very valuable. I think he's best as a PF on offense, but won't bring rim protection as a 4 on defense. I was shocked you guys picked him- thought you'd take either Exum or Vonleh @ 4, then take somebody like Payne at 12. Obviously, you're better off with Elfrid + Gordon.

Vonleh may be a total bust, but I think he can be a spot up shooter/4th option type on offense and bring defensive versatility. Well, if he pans out. I'm not sure he'll be great, or good, at anything, but I thought he kinda fit as a guy who could play either PF or C and bring some shooting.

I really liked the Super Mario pick this year though. Dude's dripping with confidence and I think he'll progress better on D with Skiles being tough on him.
Frye is valuable as a stretch four if he gets back to his previous efficiency. Gordon looks more like a small forward with the way he handles the ball and tries to run the offence, just have to hope he can keep up his summer league shooting %s. If that happens though then yeah they need an interior defender at the four which is one reason I was iffy on resigning harris for so much. It's an interesting young core because there's a lot of different ways they can try to use this team going forward.

SwishSquared
10-17-2015, 07:01 PM
Frye is valuable as a stretch four if he gets back to his previous efficiency. Gordon looks more like a small forward with the way he handles the ball and tries to run the offence, just have to hope he can keep up his summer league shooting %s. If that happens though then yeah they need an interior defender at the four which is one reason I was iffy on resigning harris for so much. It's an interesting young core because there's a lot of different ways they can try to use this team going forward.I guess I'll agree to disagree regarding Frye's ability to play PF on defense. He has amazing value as a stretch 5 offensively and used to hold up defending in the post. Now- I'm not sure he can play well enough on D to start anymore. I see him more of a backup who exclusively picks'n'pops. If his shooting improves, he can play the 4 on offense. I do think his past success had a lot to do with the extra floor spacing he had as a C with a PG who was a 3 point threat in those PnRs.

If Gordon's shooting is legit, then he can play the 3 on offense. I think he surely can guard SFs defensively. Just wonder if he'd function better with more spacing and play as a PF. He hasn't really played so it's too early to pigeonhole him, but that's my feeling. I have to say though I'm intrigued by a lineup of Elf/Dipo/Mario/Gordon + an interior defender who rolls hard to basket on offense.

Eh Harris got paid more than I expected and I figured Hennigan would wait to see what market dictated his value. He seems like he has good value as a scorer off the bench, even if he's overpaid. I was more surprised that you guys threw a max @ Millsap- not that it wasn't a smart move (it was), but that you guys were aggressive in trying to improve as fast as possible.

outbreak
10-17-2015, 07:12 PM
I guess I'll agree to disagree regarding Frye's ability to play PF on defense. He has amazing value as a stretch 5 offensively and used to hold up defending in the post. Now- I'm not sure he can play well enough on D to start anymore. I see him more of a backup who exclusively picks'n'pops. If his shooting improves, he can play the 4 on offense. I do think his past success had a lot to do with the extra floor spacing he had as a C with a PG who was a 3 point threat in those PnRs.

If Gordon's shooting is legit, then he can play the 3 on offense. I think he surely can guard SFs defensively. Just wonder if he'd function better with more spacing and play as a PF. He hasn't really played so it's too early to pigeonhole him, but that's my feeling. I have to say though I'm intrigued by a lineup of Elf/Dipo/Mario/Gordon + an interior defender who rolls hard to basket on offense.

Eh Harris got paid more than I expected and I figured Hennigan would wait to see what market dictated his value. He seems like he has good value as a scorer off the bench, even if he's overpaid. I was more surprised that you guys threw a max @ Millsap- not that it wasn't a smart move (it was), but that you guys were aggressive in trying to improve as fast as possible.
I never said anything about frye defensively, he can't defend the 4 or the 5. His value is as an efficient stretch four off the bench. On a contender you bring him in as a mismatch who will help open up the paint for your drivers. He's always going to be a hole on defence and he pretty much always has been a poor defender. He doesn't have much value for this Orlando team though

SwishSquared
10-17-2015, 07:33 PM
I never said anything about frye defensively, he can't defend the 4 or the 5. His value is as an efficient stretch four off the bench. On a contender you bring him in as a mismatch who will help open up the paint for your drivers. He's always going to be a hole on defence and he pretty much always has been a poor defender. He doesn't have much value for this Orlando team thoughI took you not acknowledging his D when I brought it up as you thinking he could play D- my bad for assuming that man.

I guess my point is he can't play D so he has to play the 5 off the bench. His last year in Phoenix he actually defended the post well. That seemed to tail off reallyyyy fast once he left.

Dr. Cheesesteak
10-18-2015, 02:21 AM
All these alts talking to themselves. What a joke.
:oldlol: :cheers:

Anyway, not a huge surprise, really.

1. Jalen is kinda dumb
2. That East 3rd tier has 6 teams vying for 3 spots, imo. Surely there are bound to be some "surprises"

Wally450
10-18-2015, 02:52 AM
Just read the first page, but weren't the Celtics on a 50 win pace after the All Star break last season?

Not really losing anyone valuable and adding David Lee and Amir Johnson, wouldn't that make them pretty much a lock for the playoffs? I mean its the East and anything could happen, but Boston proved themselves last season and seems to be a decent team in the East this year.

bdreason
10-18-2015, 03:09 AM
Defense has looked good in the preseason. I'm not picking them to make the playoffs though. Not even out East.

Dr. Cheesesteak
10-18-2015, 04:33 AM
Just read the first page, but weren't the Celtics on a 50 win pace after the All Star break last season?

Not really losing anyone valuable and adding David Lee and Amir Johnson, wouldn't that make them pretty much a lock for the playoffs? I mean its the East and anything could happen, but Boston proved themselves last season and seems to be a decent team in the East this year.
I'm w/ you. While I have them in that third tier of East teams, I actually have them at the #3 seed as of right now (notice I didn't say the tier 3 teams were vying for the LAST 3 playoff spots).

I'm pretty sure every season at least one team makes a huge leap. My pick for this season is the Celts.