PDA

View Full Version : I just realized that there is a natural alternative to every pharmaceutical drug

The Valley
10-16-2015, 07:57 PM
Yes, that is every single pharmaceutical drug in the entire world. I will try to keep this from being a massive wall of text, so feel free to just ask questions. Also, if you are a closed minded individual then please don't bother to read this thread.

We all know how cannabis treats or cures literally hundreds of diseases or conditions. Most notably, it is a SIGNIFICANTLY better alternative to the big pharma drugs for pain, epilepsy, insomnia, and much more.

Is cannabis the only natural "drug" that is like this? Or does nature have more to offer humans?

From recent internet research, I've discovered that there is an unbelievable number of natural herbs on our planet that are beneficial to humans and NONE of them have natural side effects, you can OD/die on any of them, and it is completely safe to combine any combination of different herbs. Lets compare this to synthetic pharmaceutical drugs. Every single one has listed side effects, you can die from every single one if you take too much, and there are many dangerous combinations of pharmaceutical drugs.

Previously, I just naturally assumed that there are natural medicines for some conditions. But there's no way there is a herb for everything, right?

Wrong.

There is a herb for EVERYTHING. Just google "natural herbs for (insert condition of any kind here)

EVERYTHING that I've googled has come up with results. ADHD, depression, anxiety, pain, every STD, muscle spasms, heartburn, high/low blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, cancer, small ***** size (yes, seriously), PTSD, vertigo, amnesia, stomach pain, you ****ing name it. EVERYTHING! My mind is absolutely blown. THERE IS EVEN A HERB THAT BOTH MALES AND FEMALE CAN TAKE THAT MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO ACCIDENTALLY IMPREGNATE/GET IMPREGNATED. That's right. Neem, a natural herb, is basically like a condom. The only differences are you don't have to actually wear a condom, YOU CANT CONTRACT ANY STD'S, and it is 100% effective unlike condoms. This same herb can be used by a female and she won't get STD's and will be 100% protected against pregnancy, unlike with the pill.

Just like nature gave humans water so we can drink, it also gave us herbs so we can have medicine. Those who utilize this medicine will be the most alpha humans and have the longest life spans.

So why do us humans in society know literally none of this? Because you can't patent a plant. Big Pharma, the condom industry, health organization such as Mayo Clinic, and many more industries would be completely and totally ****ed if everyone found this out. Humans may never find this information out, I don't know, but I've discovered it and life will never be the same.

ZeN
10-16-2015, 08:00 PM
Linsanity is that you?

HitandRun Reggie
10-16-2015, 08:11 PM
From now on when you get sick, just head to the local GNC instead of to the doctor. Let us know how that works out for you.

nathanjizzle
10-16-2015, 08:13 PM
there is no such case of marijuana "curing" anything. it is a treatment that relaxes the cerebral and nervous system.

The Valley
10-16-2015, 08:15 PM
From now on when you get sick, just head to the local GNC instead of to the doctor. Let us know how that works out for you.
GNC :lol

CavaliersFTW
10-16-2015, 08:17 PM
Wow, I just realized you believe you've got more knowledge than all the chemists and doctors who've spent 10 years in medical school or universities learning what other chemists and doctors learned for their entire lifetimes, in addition to their own individual lifetimes of studying their craft...

And you're just one young person without an education! And you believe you know more than all of them combined!

The Valley
10-16-2015, 08:17 PM
there is no such case of marijuana "curing" anything. it is a treatment that relaxes the cerebral and nervous system.
Many people including myself credit long term cannabis use for curing anxiety and depression. However, you're right. I shouldn't have said that to be more technically correct.

What did you think of the rest of the original post?

The Valley
10-16-2015, 08:18 PM
Wow, I just realized you believe you've got more knowledge than all the chemists and doctors who've spent 10 years in medical school or universities learning what other chemists and doctors learned for their entire lifetimes, in addition to their own individual lifetimes of studying their craft...

And you're just one person! And you know more than all of them combined!

If you we're taught for 10 years that 2+2=5 would that make you better at math than me?

CavaliersFTW
10-16-2015, 08:18 PM
If you we're taught for 10 years that 2+2=5 would that make you better at math than me?
*were

The Valley
10-16-2015, 08:20 PM
*were
When i type were it changes to we're on my phone

CavaliersFTW
10-16-2015, 08:25 PM
When i type were it changes to we're on my phone
Oh, you're not typing from your chemistry lab? Sorry I just assumed someone who actually understands chemistry would try to talk about the chemistry of 'herbs' from their lab.

What molecules make up these miracle cure-alls? For example if I wanted to cure the common cold, what herb would I take and what would the active molecule be that is specifically targeting/attacking/curing/killing my cold virus? How does it know to only attack the cold and nothing else?

What elements are bonded with what and what does the structure look like?

The Valley
10-16-2015, 08:35 PM
Oh, you're not typing from your chemistry lab? Sorry I just assumed someone who actually understands chemistry would try to talk about the chemistry of 'herbs' from their lab.

What molecules make up these miracle cure-alls? For example if I wanted to cure the common cold, what herb would I take and what would the active molecule be that is specifically targeting/attacking/curing/killing my cold virus? How does it know to only attack the cold and nothing else?

What elements are bonded with what and what does the structure look like?
I am not a chemistry expert and do not claim to be. For what it's worth though, I'm working on a Bachelors in Health Sciences right now. However, I'm not claiming that my major makes me any more knowledgeable on this topic.

I've simply discovered that there are no herbs you can OD on. There are no herbs with proven side effects. There are no herbs that are dangerous when mixed with other herbs. And most importantly, there is apparently a herb for EVERY condition you can even think of.

What am I supposed to do with this information? Should I just pretend that isn't some extremely significant shit? That is life changing information. I'm not done researching, but I'm starting to understand things.

If you want herbs for the common cold, look here http://www.naturalnews.com/042226_common_cold_natural_remedies_apple_cider_vi negar.html

Again, even though I've taken a little chemistry, I absolutely don't claim to be an expert. I don't know what exact molecules do what yet, but I just got into researching this and will likely get to that at some point. All I know is that herbs work. Some herbs are for mild cases of conditions and some are for extreme cases. Mother nature looks out for humans.

I don't have to be an expert on the chemistry and molecules of herbs to be right.

Also, I'm extremely interested in psychedelics found in nature and what their purpose is on earth. I honestly believe that there might be a spiritual, religious reason for them but that's just a theory and unlike herbs, I'm not sure about it.

CavaliersFTW
10-16-2015, 08:42 PM
I am not a chemistry expert and do not claim to be. For what it's worth though, I'm working on a Bachelors in Health Sciences right now. However, I'm not claiming that my major makes me any more knowledgeable on this topic.

I've simply discovered that there are no herbs you can OD on. There are no herbs with proven side effects. There are no herbs that are dangerous when mixed with other herbs. And most importantly, there is apparently a herb for EVERY condition you can even think of.

What am I supposed to do with this information? Should I just pretend that isn't some extremely significant shit? That is life changing information. I'm not done researching, but I'm starting to understand things.

If you want herbs for the common cold, look here http://www.naturalnews.com/042226_common_cold_natural_remedies_apple_cider_vi negar.html

Again, even though I've taken a little chemistry, I absolutely don't claim to be an expert. I don't know what exact molecules do what yet, but I just got into researching this and will likely get to that at some point. All I know is that herbs work. Some herbs are for mild cases of conditions and some are for extreme cases. Mother nature looks out for humans.

I don't have to be an expert on the chemistry and molecules of herbs to be right.

Also, I'm extremely interested in psychedelics found in nature and what their purpose is on earth. I honestly believe that there might be a spiritual, religious reason for them but that's just a theory and unlike herbs, I'm not sure about it.
I'm just going to repost this from the other thread:

http://www.coffeaconsulting.com/assets/images/Caffeine%20molecule.png

These are examples of the specific things that we get from "herbs" that benefit us.

Chemists are the people that discovered, and understood them. Chemists are the people that discover how to either isolate, or synthesize them.

Pharmaceutical companies then produce them.

Drug stores then supply them and/or Doctors prescribe them.

An herb itself has a ton of other molecules in it that aren't necessary, sometimes even harmful. Herbal medicine is just chemistry minus the actual isolation of the specific stuff that helps you. You're taking in a lot of extra garbage and not getting enough of what is actually the specific helpful molecules when taking herbal supplements vs actual medicine.

Medicine is a specific dose of the herbs most beneficial molecules minus all the other extra useless and/or harmful trash.

**and**

Herbs can kill you. Herbs are plants, plants are just little mini chemistry labs of nature and they produce compounds of all types, including harmful even lethal ones. If you don't believe me, eat some Cicuta virosa next time you get a chance.

The Valley
10-16-2015, 08:53 PM
I'm just going to repost this from the other thread:

http://www.coffeaconsulting.com/assets/images/Caffeine%20molecule.png

These are examples of the specific things that we get from "herbs" that benefit us.

Chemists are the people that discovered, and understood them. Chemists are the people that discover how to either isolate, or synthesize them.

Pharmaceutical companies then produce them.

Drug stores then supply them and/or Doctors prescribe them.

An herb itself has a ton of other molecules in it that aren't necessary, sometimes even harmful. Herbal medicine is just chemistry minus the actual isolation of the specific stuff that helps you. You're taking in a lot of extra garbage and not getting enough of what is actually the specific helpful molecules when taking herbal supplements vs actual medicine.

Medicine is a specific dose of the herbs most beneficial molecules minus all the other extra useless and/or harmful trash.

**and**

Herbs can kill you. Herbs are plants, plants are just little mini chemistry labs of nature and they produce compounds of all types, including harmful even lethal ones. If you don't believe me, eat some Cicuta virosa next time you get a chance.
Extracting molecules from a plant is fine. That is still natural, even if it required a human to do it.
Synthetic, on the other hand, is bad. Every Synthetic drug ever has a possibility of overdose/death. There literally isn't a single exception. Also, they all have negative side effects. Some more than others.

I believe that everything on this earth is here for a specific reason. There's water so we can drink/wash. There are trees so we can build houses with wood. There are herbs for us to use at medicine. Nature WORKS.

I know I said every herb can't kill you, but what i should have said is that every medicinal herb can't kill you. I'm guessing that Cicuta Virosa is on earth to serve the same purpose as euthanasia. It has no medicinal benefits. I'm sure there's other herbs that can be used as euthenasia.

gigantes
10-17-2015, 01:25 AM
herbs are certainly legit... just that the mechanism of biochemical action is typically restrained in comparison to their isolated compounds... like what we find in "drugs."

but who was that med-school dude who was awesome at explaining this stuff.... shklvr or something?

ai9
10-17-2015, 03:12 AM
alternative medicine certainly worked out well for steve jobs

Goro
10-17-2015, 04:38 AM
Many people including myself credit long term cannabis use for curing anxiety and depression. However, you're right. I shouldn't have said that to be more technically correct.

Anxiety and depression can't be cured. They are natural human emotions. It can temporarily relieve you of those feelings, and you suck at life if you need drugs to do that.

fiddy
10-17-2015, 04:46 AM

THC makes anxiety symptoms worse, stop making a bad name for actual cannabis smokers you sorry excuse of a human being

masonanddixon
10-17-2015, 05:01 AM
Essentially every medication is based on herbs, flowers, and natural substances.

You aren't in on a secret.

Real Men Wear Green
10-17-2015, 05:08 AM
An herb itself has a ton of other molecules in it that aren't necessary, sometimes even harmful. Herbal medicine is just chemistry minus the actual isolation of the specific stuff that helps you. You're taking in a lot of extra garbage and not getting enough of what is actually the specific helpful molecules when taking herbal supplements vs actual medicine..Not trying to agree with OP here, medical science is generally the way to go. But it's not like pharmaceuticals don't have side effects as well. Just about every drug advertised on TV comes with a ton of warnings. Seems like every antidepressant has the warning, "may cause suicidal thoughts or actions."

The Valley
10-17-2015, 10:23 AM
THC makes anxiety symptoms worse, stop making a bad name for actual cannabis smokers you sorry excuse of a human being
For some people, sure, because not everyone reacts the same to everything.

In my case, it absolutely helped without any doubt in the world.

The Valley
10-17-2015, 10:24 AM
Essentially every medication is based on herbs, flowers, and natural substances.

You aren't in on a secret.

Key words: based on

They take the molecule(s) from a plant and then add synthetic shit to make it patentable.

The Valley
10-17-2015, 10:25 AM
alternative medicine certainly worked out well for steve jobs
His form of alternative medicine was some kind of special diet, not herbs AFAIC.

The Valley
10-17-2015, 10:43 AM
Anxiety and depression can't be cured. They are natural human emotions. It can temporarily relieve you of those feelings, and you suck at life if you need drugs to do that.

I used to be depressed literally every single day, even if I didn't have a strong reason to be depressed. Now, I never get depressed unless something terrible happens. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with quitting Ritalin and Zoloft but there's no doubt weed played a significant role as well.

Of course, everyone is different and just because it made that big of an impact on me doesn't mean it will for everyone. However, saying it does nothing to help is just ignorant.

shlver
10-17-2015, 12:38 PM
There are herbs for severe combined immune deficiency? disseminated intravascular coagulation? Every known condition has a herbal cure? That's news to me and the rest of the medical world. Where's your publication and nobel prize?

BoutPractice
10-17-2015, 02:00 PM
You can believe whatever you want, but don't be surprised when reality comes knocking on your door. Let's just say I wouldn't want to be your life insurer...

KyrieTheFuture
10-17-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm just here to let you know, literally everything that exists is natural. Cancer is equally as natural as cancer medication and marijuana.

Goro
10-17-2015, 02:50 PM
I used to be depressed literally every single day, even if I didn't have a strong reason to be depressed. Now, I never get depressed unless something terrible happens. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with quitting Ritalin and Zoloft but there's no doubt weed played a significant role as well.

Of course, everyone is different and just because it made that big of an impact on me doesn't mean it will for everyone. However, saying it does nothing to help is just ignorant.

Where the **** did you read that in my post?

Bosnian Sajo
10-17-2015, 03:05 PM
CavsFTW murked op, props bruh. Love it when smart people show up smart asses.

hateraid
10-17-2015, 03:49 PM
Both sides of the industry is a misconception. The idea of natural is better is technically correct. Herbs or traditional medicines allow your body to identify the disease and and heal from within. Problem is it is not instantaneous and requires a change in lifestyle. The North American mentality is I want it to work, and I want it to work now. That's where pharmaceuticals kick in. It goes directly to the symptoms and takes it out. But that leads to side affects and causes the body to become reliant.
Both can co-exist. But as North Americans we see herbs as 50/50 because we have no accountability. Make me better, don't make me work for it.

The Valley
10-17-2015, 08:23 PM
There are herbs for severe combined immune deficiency? disseminated intravascular coagulation? Every known condition has a herbal cure? That's news to me and the rest of the medical world. Where's your publication and nobel prize?
What are the Pharma treatments?

And my publication is insidehoops.com

The Valley
10-17-2015, 08:26 PM
Both sides of the industry is a misconception. The idea of natural is better is technically correct. Herbs or traditional medicines allow your body to identify the disease and and heal from within. Problem is it is not instantaneous and requires a change in lifestyle. The North American mentality is I want it to work, and I want it to work now. That's where pharmaceuticals kick in. It goes directly to the symptoms and takes it out. But that leads to side affects and causes the body to become reliant.
Both can co-exist. But as North Americans we see herbs as 50/50 because we have no accountability. Make me better, don't make me work for it.

You are totally right about pharmaceuticals just covering up symptoms.

What did you mean by "its not instantaneous and requires a change in lifestyle."?

CavaliersFTW
10-17-2015, 08:37 PM
Chemistry is the reason why ailments and symptoms are alleviated through anything, be it an herb, or an over the counter medicine, or a prescription medicine.

The only people who understand chemistry on that molecular level to isolate or synthesize molecules that are helpful or harmful to our health are chemists.

Not people who read up on bogus "natural cure alls". You've been duped by a predator who has preyed on your distrust of authority if you've bought anything related to a 'natural cure all'. That's classic snake-oil salesmen shit.

"drink this all natural elixir, it cures anything and even cleans stains!" "better yet purchase my book, with countless cures for every disease known to man!" "take my money you ****ing fool!"

The Valley
10-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Chemistry is the reason why ailments and symptoms are alleviated through anything, be it an herb, or an over the counter medicine, or a prescription medicine.

The only people who understand chemistry on that molecular level to isolate or synthesize molecules that are helpful or harmful to our health are chemists.

Not people who read up on bogus "natural cure alls". You've been duped by a predator who has preyed on your distrust of authority if you've bought anything related to a 'natural cure all'. That's classic snake-oil salesmen shit.

"drink this all natural elixir, it cures anything and even cleans stains!" "better yet purchase my book, with countless cures for every disease known to man!" "take my money you ****ing fool!"
First of all, I get it. Chemists understand ****ing molecules. Cool.

Also, some herbs are 100% organic and don't require a chemist to extract molecules out of the plant. Cannabis is a perfect example.

Guess what? Chemists don't understand the human body like they understand a lot of things they know about. NOBODY on this planet understands everything about the human body.

Finally, nobody told me shit. It all started with cannabis. I thought that plant was one of a kind. No side effects, no possibility of OD, and treats hundreds of conditions? Common sense told me there was no way another plant could even compare. Then I took shrooms 1 time, and ever since then I have been OBSESSED with nature. Shrooms make you feel "connected" to the planet and mother nature and it made me realize that the planet may be more amazing then I thought.

I previously had no knowledge of alternative medicine, but random Google searches started to all have one thing in common.....things from nature don't kill people like pharmaceutical drugs, or any synthetic drugs for that manner.

This blew my mind. How is every "drug" from nature safe? That's when I realized that every natural drug I looked up had no legitimate side effects. At that point I got so excited about this that I began googling out of control to find out even more. Nobody told me crap. Literally all of the theories I've posted came from my own head, which would have been impossible if I never took shrooms. Shrooms made me think differently.

CavaliersFTW
10-17-2015, 09:21 PM
First of all, I get it. Chemists understand ****ing molecules. Cool.

Also, some herbs are 100% organic and don't require a chemist to extract molecules out of the plant. Cannabis is a perfect example.

Guess what? Chemists don't understand the human body like they understand a lot of things they know about. NOBODY on this planet understands everything about the human body.

Finally, nobody told me shit. It all started with cannabis. I thought that plant was one of a kind. No side effects, no possibility of OD, and treats hundreds of conditions? Common sense told me there was no way another plant could even compare. Then I took shrooms 1 time, and ever since then I have been OBSESSED with nature. Shrooms make you feel "connected" to the planet and mother nature and it made me realize that the planet may be more amazing then I thought.

I previously had no knowledge of alternative medicine, but random Google searches started to all have one thing in common.....things from nature don't kill people like pharmaceutical drugs, or any synthetic drugs for that manner.

This blew my mind. How is every "drug" from nature safe? That's when I realized that every natural drug I looked up had no legitimate side effects. At that point I got so excited about this that I began googling out of control to find out even more. Nobody told me crap. Literally all of the theories I've posted came from my own head, which would have been impossible if I never took shrooms. Shrooms made me think differently.
You can "OD" on anything. Even basic elements that are essential to our survival, such as fresh water.

OD = another term for being poisoned.

"describes the ingestion or application of a drug or other substance in quantities greater than are recommended or generally practiced. An overdose may result in a toxic state or death."

It's great that you formed these theories independently by your own experimentation. That's science in a nutshell. But to conclude that you can't overdose on anything natural isn't true I think you didn't allow yourself enough time to fully test your theory.

CavaliersFTW
10-17-2015, 09:24 PM
Example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

"Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time. Water intoxication mostly occurs when water is being consumed in a high quantity without giving the body the proper nutrients it needs to be healthy, but even healthy people can get water intoxication."

That's an overdose. On water. And too much of any substance is similarly toxic or adverse to our health.

The Valley
10-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

"Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time. Water intoxication mostly occurs when water is being consumed in a high quantity without giving the body the proper nutrients it needs to be healthy, but even healthy people can get water intoxication."

That's an overdose. On water. And too much of any substance is similarly toxic or adverse to our health.

Technically you can overdose on weed too. This "overdose" is inhaling such an unbelievably ridiculous amount of smoke that you die of oxygen deprivation. This can't realistically be achieved by a human.

Same thing with shrooms. You can technically OD if you eat so many that your stomach can't take any more. Same thing as dying by eating too much of anything in one sitting.

Water OD is similar. It's not the water itself that causes shit to hit the fan. Compare this to alcohol where a certain amount poisons you and kills you. You OD on water by drinking so much of it that your body can't take any more, just like if you eat too much of something but a little different since liquids are different than solids.

See what I'm saying? Yes, you can OD on everything, even weed. But a natural OD and synthetic OD are different. That's the point I'm trying to make.