PDA

View Full Version : Will Ferrell Themed Restaurant

Goro
10-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Wish I lived near NY.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandoli/a-will-ferrell-themed-bar-opened-up-in-new-york-city-and-its?bffbmain&utm_term=.gjnW76qpR#.utkqYMnbX

warriorfan
10-17-2015, 04:05 PM
lamest shit of all time

outbreak
10-17-2015, 04:14 PM
lamest shit of all time
what do you expect, Will Ferrell is one of the lamest actors of all time.

KyrieTheFuture
10-17-2015, 05:28 PM
:wtf:

outbreak
10-17-2015, 06:35 PM
:wtf:
he's a "comedian" who's never made anything remotely funny.

BigNBAfan
10-17-2015, 07:23 PM
i have a extreme dislike for him and his dumb comedy, i swear his target audience have yet to hit puberty.

Doranku
10-17-2015, 08:59 PM
this x1000

Goro
10-17-2015, 09:06 PM

You must be a hoot to spend time with.

outbreak
10-17-2015, 09:08 PM
You must be a hoot to spend time with.
because I don't think will ferrell is funny? :biggums:

I love comedy just not what he does.

SugarHill
10-17-2015, 09:09 PM
step brothers?

Goro
10-18-2015, 05:10 AM

It is one thing to not find him funny. It is another thing to go around telling others that think he is funny that he "is one of the lamest actors of all time" and "he's a "comedian" who's never made anything remotely funny." It just makes you seem like a Debbie downer.

warriorfan
10-18-2015, 05:25 AM
Will Ferrell stans aren't having any of it

BasedTom
10-18-2015, 05:27 AM
step brothers?
that ice skating movie was alright too

plowking
10-18-2015, 07:08 AM

You should be able to sit down and watch a Will Ferrell movie and be easy going enough to have a laugh.

ALBballer
10-18-2015, 09:42 AM
lamest shit of all time

Yep and the fact Buzzfeed thinks it is "amazing" certifies how lame it is.

outbreak
10-18-2015, 02:26 PM
You should be able to sit down and watch a Will Ferrell movie and be easy going enough to have a laugh.
Have a laugh at something i don't find remotely funny? He's obnoxious to the point he makes things unenjoyable. It's hard he is the kind of guy who has to try and take over every scene he is in

Monta Ellis MVP
10-18-2015, 02:36 PM
Will Ferrell is an Alpha.

ArbitraryWater
10-18-2015, 02:52 PM

Contrived about Ferrell.. has some funny shit but stuff like Step Brothers sucks.

Also, is it true he once completely flipped on a reporter? Can't find anything on it.

Goro
10-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Contrived about Ferrell.. has some funny shit but stuff like Step Brothers sucks.

Also, is it true he once completely flipped on a reporter? Can't find anything on it.

Never heard of this.

bdreason
10-18-2015, 04:36 PM
My guess is that Ferrell's lawyer will have to sue just to protect his Personality rights. You can't just let people openly profit off your likeness, because it sets a dangerous legal precedence.

Goro
10-18-2015, 08:48 PM
My guess is that Ferrell's lawyer will have to sue just to protect his Personality rights. You can't just let people openly profit off your likeness, because it sets a dangerous legal precedence.
2 thoughts come to mind:

1. Maybe he got permission.

2. If he doesn't have permission and gets sued successfully, does that set a precedence for places like Red Robin that has movie posters all over? Red Robin also makes profit off of their environment, which he actor portrayed on the walls is adding to.

JohnnySic
10-19-2015, 09:21 AM
I dont find him funny but I guess some people do. As they say there's no accounting for taste.

KevinNYC
10-19-2015, 05:39 PM
I highly doubt he would sue over this.

Goro
10-19-2015, 05:58 PM

Yeah, it is free marketing while suing would have the opposite effect and make him look worse.

bdreason
10-19-2015, 06:12 PM

What happens when the restaurant is a huge success? What happens when the guy decides to open a chain of "Will Ferrell" restaurants? What happens when someone else decides to open up a "Will Ferrell" coffee shop?

By allowing someone to openly and freely use your likeness, you open up the door for others to openly a freely use your likeness. We have a similar legal issue in Real Estate, called the Right of Way Easement. If you allow someone to open and freely use/cross your property for an extended period of time, you may lose the right to restrict people from using/crossing that land in the future.

Now, I'm not a trademark lawyer, but since Personality rights have formed through common law (judges decisions) much like property rights have, I'm sure the same arguments could and would be made in court.