PDA

View Full Version : Who is more athletic Michael Jordan or Randy Moss?

TripleA
10-18-2015, 06:01 PM
I think Moss is more athletic what do you guys think.

sd3035
10-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Moss was a much better athlete

Cocaine80s
10-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Moss easily

SugarHill
10-18-2015, 06:19 PM
straight cash homie

T_L_P
10-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Gotta be Moss, though Jordan was obviously a GOAT-tier athlete too.

Moss had so much speed, body control and elusiveness.

Thesmallmamba
10-18-2015, 06:21 PM
lol Moss and who??

warriorfan
10-18-2015, 06:21 PM
Jordan would whip Randy's candy ass.

buddha
10-18-2015, 06:35 PM
probably Jordan. Moss might have been a little faster but Jordan was bigger and stronger and fast in his own right.

TripleA
10-18-2015, 06:40 PM
Randy moss also has a 51 inch vert.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Odd but true: Last night I was wondering if MJ could have been a better receiver than Moss. Moss was probably faster (I've never seen or heard an official 40 time on MJ) but Jordan was taller, weighed a little more so there's a chance he was stronger and if he trained for football could have been even bigger. If we assume his work ethic for football is the same as basketball would have given more consistent effort than Moss. I wouldn't go so far as to say for sure that MJ would have been one of the greatest receivers of all time like Moss is but assuming MJ was tough enough physically to deal with the hits IMO he would have been a good player.

sd3035
10-18-2015, 06:58 PM
Jordan seemed strong by basketball standards but NFL players are tough as hell, MJ would have gotten wrecked on the football field

Rocketswin2013
10-18-2015, 07:01 PM
Odd but true: Last night I was wondering if MJ could have been a better receiver than Moss. Moss was probably faster (I've never seen or heard an official 40 time on MJ) but Jordan was taller, weighed a little more so there's a chance he was stronger and if he trained for football could have been even bigger. If we assume his work ethic for football is the same as basketball would have given more consistent effort than Moss. I wouldn't go so far as to say for sure that MJ would have been one of the greatest receivers of all time like Moss is but assuming MJ was tough enough physically to deal with the hits IMO he would have been a good player.
I was actually thinking about this a couple weeks ago.

Don't forget about Jordan's massive hands.

I honestly think he would've been an All-Pro WR.

dhsilv
10-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Jordan seemed strong by basketball standards but NFL players are tough as hell, MJ would have gotten wrecked on the football field

I dunno the bad boy pistons look every bit as big and tough as corner backs in the NFL.

MJ certainly had WR hands. Beyond that who knows....different sports and skillsets.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2015, 07:06 PM
If Jordan was a football player he'd have lifted with everyone else and after he got into weight training Jordan was weighing in at 215. Moss stayed at 210. I don't know what they were benching but I doubt Moss was much stronger if at all stronger. Moss wasn't getting the hard hits much himself, he wasn't a possession receiver getting short passes over the middle, he did his damage going deep or on the sideline. When he was tackled it was normally some 5'10, 195-210 defensive back. He stayed away from the linebackers. A safety would get his hands on him a few times but he didn't take too many vicious hits which is a big reason why he didn't get many bad injuries. If MJ got to play that way he wouldn't need to be a monster in the weight room either.

sd3035
10-18-2015, 07:09 PM
If Jordan was a football player he'd have lifted with everyone else and after he got into weight training Jordan was weighing in at 215. Moss stayed at 210. I don't know what they were benching but I doubt Moss was much stronger if at all stronger. Moss wasn't getting the hard hits much himself, he wasn't a possession receiver getting short passes over the middle, he did his damage going deep or on the sideline. When he was tackled it was normally some 5'10, 195-210 defensive back. He stayed away from the linebackers. A safety would get his hands on him a few times but he didn't take too many vicious hits which is a big reason why he didn't get many bad injuries. If MJ got to play that way he wouldn't need to be a monster in the weight room either.

Could be true, lol I was trying to drag 3ball in here with my previous comment

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2015, 07:11 PM
I dunno the bad boy pistons look every bit as big and tough as corner backs in the NFL.
I am somewhat on your side of the debate but no. If they were allowed to run up and tackle it might be comparable but the Bad Boys were just throwing dirty elbows and cheap shots. It was considered a big deal when MJ went up for a lay-up and had his legs knocked out beneath him. In football that's legal and if you get the ball it will happen to you just about every play.

hateraid
10-18-2015, 08:27 PM

Let's not go that far. Athleticism just doesn't translate to every sport. Usain Bolt looked like a fool trying to catch a football

gcvbcat
10-18-2015, 08:49 PM
how does Bo Jackson compare to MJ & Moss?

sdot_thadon
10-18-2015, 08:57 PM
Bo was more Lebron than those guys even though he was a bit smaller. That speed and power was beastly.

I think Mj could have been a decent receiver for basically the points mentioned here. His work ethic alone would put him in a certain class.

ShawkFactory
10-18-2015, 09:02 PM
The super freak

Cold soul
10-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Jordan by hair Moss was athletic freak himself.

hateraid
10-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Bo was more Lebron than those guys even though he was a bit smaller. That speed and power was beastly.

I think Mj could have been a decent receiver for basically the points mentioned here. His work ethic alone would put him in a certain class.
Then why did that work ethic not translate to baseball?
Am the only one who is realistic here?

ShawkFactory
10-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Because baseball requires a hell of a lot more than athleticism and work ethic

DoctorP
10-18-2015, 09:21 PM
Moss.

Vaniiiia
10-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Moss puts MJ to shame.

In a fight I'd take Moss, in a sprint I'd take Moss, in a marathon I'd take Moss, in a jumping contest I take Moss, hand-eye coordination goes to moss, body control, dick size, and change of direction all go to Moss. Toughness goes to Moss.

Moss > MJ

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Two things: first, Jordan tried to play baseball after not playing forr three years of College and then something like a decade in the NBA. You don't come anywhere clopse to maximizing your potential in a sport when you stop as a teen and then pick it up again around thirty. Second, hitting a pitch has nothing to do with anything a receiver would do. Jordan's ability to run and jump on the other hand translate and if a guy has the manual dexterity to handle a basketball it's not a huge stretch to imagine him catching a football.

ProfessorMurder
10-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Because he spent his whole life playing another sport, and then played baseball.

ProfessorMurder
10-18-2015, 09:37 PM
I am somewhat on your side of the debate but no. If they were allowed to run up and tackle it might be comparable but the Bad Boys were just throwing dirty elbows and cheap shots. It was considered a big deal when MJ went up for a lay-up and had his legs knocked out beneath him. In football that's legal and if you get the ball it will happen to you just about every play.

You also play on softer ground, with pads, and have people hitting the people who are tryin to hit you. You also only need to get hit a few times a game, 20 minutes apart.

24-Inch_Chrome
10-18-2015, 09:42 PM

Bo beats both handily. Not a slight on them either, Bo was just something else. I still believe that he would have been a multi-sport HoFer had his career not been ended prematurely.

On topic, Moss.

Kobe_6/8
10-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Moss is definitely stronger and faster.

Jordan probably has a higher 'athletic IQ'.

Real Men Wear Green
10-18-2015, 10:12 PM
You also play on softer ground, with pads, and have people hitting the people who are tryin to hit you. You also only need to get hit a few times a game, 20 minutes apart.
A star receiver will get targeted 10 or more times per game. He's not just getting hit once every 20 minutes, he's getting hit even when the defender fails to tackle him, he's getting hit while he's trying to catch the ball, and especially before everyone got worried about concussions he would be getting nailed with the helmets. There's a reason why football is viewed as being so much more dangerous, and why they can only play a fifth of the games you have in an NBA season. When the Bad Boys or Knicks gae MJ a forearm in the air it was a foul and a dirty play. It's not something that happened all the time. In football the DB is supposed to run into the receiver at his max speed to disrupt the catch and if the offensive player already has possession then he's running into him and then trying to slam him into the ground. It's just not the same level of violence.

dhsilv
10-18-2015, 10:14 PM

Much softer field plus pads. But the bigger point us that CB's aren't that big. Safety start to have size but unless you're catching passes in the middle you're not getting killed by a linebacker.

dhsilv
10-18-2015, 10:16 PM

Who says it didn't? All indications are that MJ would have eventually made the majors had he stayed. But why not go back to basketball?

dhsilv
10-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Moss is definitely stronger and faster.

Jordan probably has a higher 'athletic IQ'.

What makes people say Moss was stronger? All indications are that MJ was among the pound for pound strongest guys in the NBA. Guys like Robert Horry who guarded far bigger guys than him stated he was one of the strongest guy he ever played against. Mind you I have no idea who's gonna squat or deadlift more...

FashionIssues
10-18-2015, 10:27 PM
wtf moss at least was dominant in the other man's sport. a 3 sport recruit. + track which he gave no ****s about.

hateraid
10-18-2015, 10:40 PM
Who says it didn't? All indications are that MJ would have eventually made the majors had he stayed. But why not go back to basketball?

Lol, he was terrible in the minors!
Now I've heard it all.

Funktion
10-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Moss > Bron

http://youtu.be/NO8WGZWlEE4?t=127

http://youtu.be/MAC-R85tbb4?t=77

OldSchoolBBall
10-18-2015, 11:18 PM
Now I've heard it all.

Not really, no. He kept improving, and many people said that he likely would have made the pros had he stayed another year.

Straight_Ballin
10-18-2015, 11:27 PM
Now I've heard it all.

You heard wrong. Back to the drawing board you go.

Vaniiiia
10-18-2015, 11:30 PM
Moss > Bron

http://youtu.be/NO8WGZWlEE4?t=127

http://youtu.be/MAC-R85tbb4?t=77
Honestly he looks more fluid and natural than Jordan on a basketball court.

Guy was just special.

LeBron > Moss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jordan

LeBron is the GOAT athlete. Jordan isn't in the convo.

FashionIssues
10-18-2015, 11:30 PM
:facepalm mj would have never made a roster spot on an mlb team.

Thesmallmamba
10-18-2015, 11:31 PM
Honestly he looks more fluid and natural than Jordan on a basketball court.

Guy was just special.

LeBron > Moss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jordan

LeBron is the GOAT athlete. Jordan isn't in the convo.

:applause:

HighFlyer23
10-18-2015, 11:44 PM
Not really, no. He kept improving, and many people said that he likely would have made the pros had he stayed another year.

Loki still crazy after all these years :lol

MJ on an MLB roster after just another year :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tking714
10-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Bo beats both handily. Not a slight on them either, Bo was just something else. I still believe that he would have been a multi-sport HoFer had his career not been ended prematurely.

On topic, Moss.

Moss was faster than Bo and more agile. Not just straight line speed. It was something else, he was a gazelle.

ShawkFactory
10-18-2015, 11:53 PM
Loki still crazy after all these years :lol

MJ on an MLB roster after just another year :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yea one year is ridiculous.

He might have made an MLB roster because of his brand but he would have been garbage

sportjames23
10-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Gotta be Moss, though Jordan was obviously a GOAT-tier athlete too.

Moss had so much speed, body control and elusiveness.

Um, you just described MJ.

It's like a lot of you don't have access to YouTube. Love Moss, but no one can say with a straight face that he was more athletic than MJ.

dhsilv
10-19-2015, 12:13 AM
:facepalm mj would have never made a roster spot on an mlb team.

Say what you will but guys who were part of baseball have said he could have made it. I'm going to listen to a guy like Terry Francona and believe if he'd put a few years in, he could have made a roster.

sd3035
10-19-2015, 12:24 AM
Jordan was a phenomenal basketball player and amazing athlete but moss was an even better athlete

Moss was a freak

ShawkFactory
10-19-2015, 12:29 AM
Um, you just described MJ.

It's like a lot of you don't have access to YouTube. Love Moss, but no one can say with a straight face that he was more athletic than MJ.
Really? Miss was without a doubt faster and more agile. Probably jumped higher too.

Jordan is stronger and coordination is a wash.

Moss was an absolute freak

Kobe_6/8
10-19-2015, 12:45 AM
What makes people say Moss was stronger? All indications are that MJ was among the pound for pound strongest guys in the NBA. Guys like Robert Horry who guarded far bigger guys than him stated he was one of the strongest guy he ever played against. Mind you I have no idea who's gonna squat or deadlift more...

I thought Moss would be stronger because of NFL standards...I believe Jordan is stronger. Bruce Lee doesn't look very strong but is very powerful. I think Jordan has that kind of strength.

hateraid
10-19-2015, 12:50 AM
:roll:
Why am I not surprised, 2 delusional MJ stans coming to defend his baseball career. He struck out 1/4 of his at bats. More that his .202 batting average. In the minors! If his name wasn't MJ he would have but cut 10 games in. The only reason the Barons kept him is because he sold out games.
I've heard a lot of MJ myths but this one takes the cake. Not even 3ball could support this. The only other delusion MJ stan that would believe what you posted is sportsjames
:roll:

hateraid
10-19-2015, 12:51 AM
Really? Miss was without a doubt faster and more agile. Probably jumped higher too.

Jordan is stronger and coordination is a wash.

Moss was an absolute freak
I wouldn't argue. This guy thinks MJ would beat cheetah in a foot race

BigBalla44
10-19-2015, 01:49 AM
http://www.si.com/vault/2009/11/04/105873743/the-carolina-blue-period

MJ ran a 4.3 in college.

oarabbus
10-19-2015, 01:51 AM

Yeah, Jordan could probably step on the field and give prime Jerry Rice a run for his money had he wanted to :rolleyes:

Funktion
10-19-2015, 01:55 AM
Wonder if Bron could hit a baseball?

sd3035
10-19-2015, 06:13 AM

Judging by his footwork, his coordination isn't up to par

PP34Deuce
10-19-2015, 05:49 PM
http://www.si.com/vault/2009/11/04/105873743/the-carolina-blue-period

MJ ran a 4.3 in college.

Game speed, Randy Moss is a better athlete than Michael Jordan. Randy was smoking guys in football pads, imagine him without pads. Moss has well established people in baseball, track, and basketball that said he could have been pro at any of them.

I could see MJ being stronger but agility, speed, hops, acceleration, hand eye coordination, I'd say moss.

24-Inch_Chrome
10-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Moss was faster than Bo and more agile. Not just straight line speed. It was something else, he was a gazelle.

Agility? Definitely.

Speed? Bo ran the 40 in 4.12.

Euroleague
10-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Moss....and it's not even close either.

gcvbcat
10-19-2015, 07:06 PM
could Carl Lewis have dunked from behind the 3 pt line? has anyone done that?

bigkingsfan
10-19-2015, 08:00 PM
Wondering if Bron could take a hit by a baseball.

PistonsFan#21
10-19-2015, 08:08 PM
could Carl Lewis have dunked from behind the 3 pt line? has anyone done that?

Wilt Chamberlain did it once after somebody challenged him to try it after a team practice. I cant remember where i got the link from but i'll post it when it gets back to me

West-Side
10-20-2015, 12:45 PM
Ah so Jordan plays baseball because of his brand name, and now you idiots think he could be better than Randy Moss at football. :lol :oldlol: :hammerhead:

FatComputerNerd
10-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Moss was too fast and agile. Nobody could stop him.

Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden said "He was as good as Deion Sanders. Deion's my measuring stick for athletic ability, and this kid was just a bigger Deion."

Prime Moss w/o his personal issues factored in > Jerry Rice.

I still remember when Moss came into the league setting all sorts of records as a rookie with Minny. Most of you don't remember, and probably weren't born yet, but it was unprecedented. Even Chris Carter took a back-seat.

GIF REACTION
10-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Moss = Shaq
Rice = Jordan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DDF7vn616U

Goat gon' Goat

Foster5k
10-20-2015, 02:06 PM
Randy Moss is one of those once in a generation players. I mean, today you have great WRs in the NFL. However, there's no one in the NFL today that has the athletic ability of a Randy Moss. When you watched Randy Moss, you knew there was something unique and special about that guy.

Randy Moss vs Michael Jordan... Well, who knows. Air Jordan in a league of his own and same as Moss.

FatComputerNerd
10-20-2015, 02:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWmR3kltOsA

FatComputerNerd
10-20-2015, 02:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxTnVAARhTA

PP34Deuce
10-20-2015, 03:06 PM
Moss was too fast and agile. Nobody could stop him.

Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden said "He was as good as Deion Sanders. Deion's my measuring stick for athletic ability, and this kid was just a bigger Deion."

Prime Moss w/o his personal issues factored in > Jerry Rice.

I still remember when Moss came into the league setting all sorts of records as a rookie with Minny. Most of you don't remember, and probably weren't born yet, but it was unprecedented. Even Chris Carter took a back-seat.

I still remember the 30 for 30 on Moss. Chris Carter said his jaw dropped after practices with Randy. He said he told Green he was the most incredible athlete he'd ever seen.

How they used their athletiscm and gifts was completely different- Jordan has a competitive fire rarely seen. Randy truly played when he wanted to play.

FatComputerNerd
10-20-2015, 04:18 PM
I still remember the 30 for 30 on Moss. Chris Carter said his jaw dropped after practices with Randy. He said he told Green he was the most incredible athlete he'd ever seen.

How they used their athletiscm and gifts was completely different- Jordan has a competitive fire rarely seen. Randy truly played when he wanted to play.

Myth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-3Y_x9Q44U