PDA

View Full Version : So How Dumb Were the Orlando Tragic for Taking Gordon over Randle?

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 09:19 AM
Randle looks like 5x the player Gordon is and he hasn't even played a full NBA game yet AND he's only 20.

Typical bottom feeder franchises. They just dont know how rebuild quickly like the mighty Lakers.

OnFire
10-19-2015, 09:25 AM
Randle looks like 5x the player Gordon is and he hasn't even played a full NBA game yet AND he's only 20.

Typical bottom feeder franchises. They just dont know how rebuild quickly like the mighty Lakers

Bold statements considering the bolded above.

Also lakers havent been out of first round since winning finals in 09-10..fast? Worse every year...

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 09:30 AM

Also lakers havent been out of first round since winning finals in 09-10..fast? Worse every year...

Oh no, we won 2 rings in the past few years and we have to rebuild for a few years. :( :( :(

Not bold either btw. Clearly Randle has looked like a MUCH better player than gay Blake.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 09:47 AM

Typical bottom feeder franchises. They just dont know how rebuild quickly like the mighty Lakers.
You do realize that Gordon was injured most of last season and is actually younger than Randle, right?

artificial
10-19-2015, 09:59 AM
This thread is a perfect example why so many people hate Laker fans... sorry for the few who aren't this annoying.

ralph_i_el
10-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Randle actually has the game to be a scorer. I haven't seen that from Gordon. However, Gordon has the potential to do a lot of other stuff to help his team, so I could see him being a higher impact player than Randle in the end.

If you're undersized and aren't a shooter, you're going to be a negative on the offensive end as a 4. That's Gordon's problem.

OnFire
10-19-2015, 10:14 AM
Oh no, we won 2 rings in the past few years and we have to rebuild for a few years. :( :( :(

Not bold either btw. Clearly Randle has looked like a MUCH better player than gay Blake.

If its not bold its just stupid because your are saying someone looks so much better based on 1 game and pre season.

Its not a few years its 6 and counting... half most player careers..

At least they arent the embarrassing joke that the 76ers are.

Orlando also has a good and young front court. Why draft another PF? They arent the Philadelphia 76centers,

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 10:16 AM
Randle actually has the game to be a scorer. I haven't seen that from Gordon. However, Gordon has the potential to do a lot of other stuff to help his team, so I could see him being a higher impact player than Randle in the end.

If you're undersized and aren't a shooter, you're going to be a negative on the offensive end as a 4. That's Gordon's problem.
how's that gordon's problem when gordon can play the 3 and is a better shooter? how is that not an issue for randle who can't? they are the same size. i wouldn't be surprised if gordon is the better scorer, in fact. he's got more moves and can go out on the perimeter and is more athletic along with being the far superior defender.

OnFire
10-19-2015, 10:21 AM
how's that gordon's problem when gordon can play the 3 and is a better shooter? how is that not an issue for randle who can't? they are the same size. i wouldn't be surprised if gordon is the better scorer, in fact. he's got more moves and can go out on the perimeter and is more athletic along with being the far superior defender.

Yea where was Randle playing with Harris and Vuvecic?

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 10:28 AM
If its not bold its just stupid because your are saying someone looks so much better based on 1 game and pre season.

Its not a few years its 6 and counting... half most player careers..

At least they arent the embarrassing joke that the 76ers are.

Orlando also has a good and young front court. Why draft another PF? They arent the Philadelphia 76centers,

Lol we won 2 rings dude. More than some franchises have won their whole existence. Why would I be worried about it.

And Randle is a better shooter than Gordon. Randle's first step cannot be matched by any 4's. He's too fast for 4's and too strong for both 3's. He'll be such a better player than Gordon, its not even questionable.

HylianNightmare
10-19-2015, 10:31 AM
I dont like gordon and I'd still take him over randle

OnFire
10-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Lol we won 2 rings dude. More than some franchises have won their whole existence. Why would I be worried about it.

And Randle is a better shooter than Gordon. Randle's first step cannot be matched by any 4's. He's too fast for 4's and too strong for both 3's. He'll be such a better player than Gordon, its not even questionable.

Everything you said sounds ignorant because well, you havent seen him play meaningful games against anyone. If it eventually becomes true or not, you are guessing or paroting someone that is guessing.

The way you sound Randle has already averaged 25/12 and led team to playoffs...

theoneneo
10-19-2015, 11:47 AM

We got out the first round in 2011:rockon: :pimp:

:cry: Things got ugly from there tho

West-Side
10-19-2015, 11:57 AM
This thread is a perfect example why so many people hate Laker fans... sorry for the few who aren't this annoying.

Ah the irony.
This forum was flooded with hate towards Randle & Russell when they struggled, you probably participated in those threads yourself.

Now the table has flipped and we hear your ass playing the violin. :rolleyes:

West-Side
10-19-2015, 11:58 AM
I dont like gordon and I'd still take him over randle

Interpretation
I dont like the lakers, so I'll take any prospect over Randle who isn't in a Laker jersey.

ralph_i_el
10-19-2015, 12:07 PM

Aaron Gordon shot 27% on jump shots last season
He weighs ~30 lb's less than Randle

Randle is much stronger than Gordon. He has much better slashing and post moves. I don't see how he could possibly shoot worse than Gordon last season. Also, Randle has flashed some good ballhandling/playmaking skills in the preseason. Aaron Gordon had more TO's than assists last season. Randle consistently drew double and triple teams in college. That same season Aaron Gordon was basically a finisher and defensive player.

Randle's upside is Blake Griffin with less hops but more length. Aaron Gordon's upside is Andrei Kirilenko

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 12:17 PM

Randle is much stronger than Gordon. He has much better slashing and post moves. I don't see how he could possibly shoot worse than Gordon last season. Also, Randle has flashed some good ballhandling/playmaking skills in the preseason. Aaron Gordon had more TO's than assists last season. Randle consistently drew double and triple teams in college. That same season Aaron Gordon was basically a finisher and defensive player.

Randle's upside is Blake Griffin with less hops but more length. Aaron Gordon's upside is Andrei Kirilenko
this is probably one of the dumber posts ive seen on ish

Fudge
10-19-2015, 12:30 PM
Laker fans melting down....everywhere.

Season hasn't even started yet too.

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 12:54 PM

Some real logic on this forum

OnFire
10-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Gordons strength right now is his defense anyway. He has the potential of Kawhi on defense, he can guard at least 1-4. His weakness is his jump shot, which im sure is why the one stat anyone posted is shooting %.

The irony of laker fan posting shooting % as the sole evidence of player skill... :cheers:

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Gordons strength right now is his defense anyway. He has the potential of Kawhi on defense, he can guard at least 1-4. His weakness is his jump shot, which im sure is why the one stat anyone posted is shooting %.

The irony of laker fan posting shooting % as the sole evidence of player skill... :cheers:
the funny thing is Randle has shot 13% on jumpers during this preseason :roll:
I'm not sure about where the myth that Randle can shoot came from.

Bosnian Sajo
10-19-2015, 02:35 PM

Wrooooooooooong, check ya facts before you come spitting trash.

OnFire
10-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Wrooooooooooong, check ya facts before you come spitting trash.

Still been trash, literally worse every year. Nowhere to go but up now. So how does that effect the actual point of post which was lakers have not been rebuilding quickly?

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 02:40 PM
the funny thing is Randle has shot 13% on jumpers during this preseason :roll:
I'm not sure about where the myth that Randle can shoot came from.

Lol thats not true. Randle has been hitting his jumpers more and more as he's gaining confidence. I know youre a garbage troll but his game has been getting extensively better each game and I thought Randle was a huge bust looking at his summer league games. Idk what clicked, he has played thoroughly better and isn't attacking like a retard anymore.

Ca$H
10-19-2015, 02:41 PM
Gordon's ceiling = gay Shawn Marion.

Randle's ceiling = Odom/ZBO hybrid.

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 02:42 PM
Still been trash, literally worse every year. Nowhere to go but up now.

Lol it happens guy. We won 2 championships. There are fans who say they would die happy if their franchise won once in their lifetime. Yeah the last few years have been rough but the future is looking great so whats the deal? Youre seriously attacking the franchise for being bummy for a few years after coming off 3 straight finals and also winning 3 more rings that same decade? SERIOUSLY?

Levity
10-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Still been trash, literally worse every year. Nowhere to go but up now. So how does that effect the actual point of post which was lakers have not been rebuilding quickly?

lakers started their rebuild 2 seasons ago :lol

how quick do you expect them to do that??

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 02:46 PM

CALM DOWN. Dont kill yourself man. You havent been in the playoffs for 2 seasons!!!

OnFire
10-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Lol it happens guy. We won 2 championships. There are fans who say they would die happy if their franchise won once in their lifetime. Yeah the last few years have been rough but the future is looking great so whats the deal? Youre seriously attacking the franchise for being bummy for a few years after coming off 3 straight finals and also winning 3 more rings that same decade? SERIOUSLY?

Guy, you started an entire thread to trash an organization. I just pointed out the lakers arent quickly rebuilding. They are 5 years into a rebuild that will be what 8 years? 10? Cant even get free agents anymore.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Lol thats not true. Randle has been hitting his jumpers more and more as he's gaining confidence. I know youre a garbage troll but his game has been getting extensively better each game and I thought Randle was a huge bust looking at his summer league games. Idk what clicked, he has played thoroughly better and isn't attacking like a retard anymore.
Except it is true.
http://i.imgur.com/HUGIEso.png

if that's a good shooter than Dwight Howard is a good shooter.

gyu

Because Jerry Buss and Phil Jackson are gone and Kobe will be gone soon as well.

What are your thoughts on the Lakers selecting D'Angelo Russell over other top prospects in this draft?

Thesmallmamba
Damn, Jameer with the ether

:yaohappy:

OnFire
10-19-2015, 02:48 PM

They werent rebuilding when Phil Jackson left and they got Mike Brown?

Levity
10-19-2015, 02:53 PM
They werent rebuilding when Phil Jackson left and they got Mike Brown?

the year they made it to the 2nd round and lost to the thunder in 5 or 6? No.

That was the season they moved gasol to the 3rd option and bynum had his coming out party, including a triple double in their first PO game against DEN. the only notable move they made that season was trading for sessions at the all-star break.

The next year was when they traded for dwight and nash but sadly got swept in the 1st round. so call that a rebuild if you want, but that team was only together for a year, anyway.

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Because Jerry Buss and Phil Jackson are gone and Kobe will be gone soon as well.

What are your thoughts on the Lakers selecting D'Angelo Russell over other top prospects in this draft?

I think they made the right pick. Scouts and executives praised him. Jerry West being the notable one. You rarely win with a center who cant defend / rebound and shoot 50% from the FT. Hes gonna have a much better rookie season than D'Angelo. But I expect D'Angelo to be hitting some form by at least the 2nd half of the season. They went more modern by picking a guard rather than a big. Lakers have been fixing their approach. To be honest, Mitch and Jim Buss (TOGETHER) have done great lately. Getting Hibbert for a 2nd round pick was fantastic, getting Clarkson in the 2nd round for cash was amazing, Randle dropping to them worked out then acquiring all the other pieces like Bass, Lou Williams and Huertas is a great start. Jim Buss has been doin work. People like to babble on and repeat the usual but other than the coaching hires, the team has been making good decisions.

GreatHILL
10-19-2015, 03:04 PM
gordon is danny manning, randle is karl malone, OP is a wigga.

ralph_i_el
10-19-2015, 03:44 PM
Except it is true.
http://i.imgur.com/HUGIEso.png

if that's a good shooter than Dwight Howard is a good shooter.

5 game stretch? Cool beans

Randle can score. Gordon can not.

Gordon shot basically as bad as you can shoot for players that actually shoot. Randle will NOT be worse than that this season.

Randle is a MUCH better scorer one-on-one, and in the post.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 03:51 PM

Gordon shot basically as bad as you can shoot for players that actually shoot. Randle will NOT be worse than that this season.

Gordon just refined his shot and worked extensively all off season while also being the younger player. You want to bet Randle will be a good shooter this season? Okafor is a better one on one scorer than Towns. Which one would you draft first? Towns? Okay, then shut the **** up.

coin24
10-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Laker championship cruise :rockon:

The tragic will have some excuse why they can't even crack the playoffs in the pathetic East. Only need to win 35 games:lol :facepalm
Gay Blake is garbage

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 03:55 PM

And why talk about the preseason at all if it doesn't count since it's a "5 game stretch"? You can't just discount it when it doesn't benefit you, that's bullshit. Either it counts or not.

chips93
10-19-2015, 04:01 PM
randle only shot 17% on jumpers while at kentucky too, shooting 1.3 a game

thats a decent sample size of about 50 jumpers. decent shooters dont shoot that bad over that sample size.

both of these guys have yet to prove that they can shoot

ralph_i_el
10-19-2015, 04:02 PM
Gordon just refined his shot and worked extensively all off season while also being the younger player. You want to bet Randle will be a good shooter this season? Okafor is a better one on one scorer than Towns. Which one would you draft first? Towns? Okay, then shut the **** up.

I'm just betting Randle will be a better player.

Towns is a much better one one one scorer than Gordon, so that analogy is moot. Plus, a great defensive C who doesn't shoot 3's (btw, Towns can shoot) is much more valuable than a great defensive 3/4 who doesn't shoot 3's.

What is Gordon actually good at on offense? Nothing that has to do with creating his own shot. That's going to make him tough to play alongside Vucevic, who they'll want to space the floor for.

I know you have no eye for basketball, so just trust me when I say that Randle has game with the ball in is hands, and Gordon does not. Both these guys were high picks, but when I'm taking a high pick I either want a dominant defensive center, or a guy at any other position that has the ability to make plays with tha ball. I was confused when the magic picked Gordon.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 04:07 PM
randle only shot 17% on jumpers while at kentucky too, shooting 1.3 a game

thats a decent sample size of about 50 jumpers. decent shooters dont shoot that bad over that sample size.

both of these guys have yet to prove that they can shoot
Exactly. He just can't admit that calling Gordon a tweener while not saying the same about Randle is bullshit. Gordon isn't a tweener because he can guard 3s and 4s with no issue. Randle can't even guard 4s and is a bad rim protector (good thing they got Hibbert).

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 04:10 PM
I'm just betting Randle will be a better player.

Towns is a much better one one one scorer than Gordon, so that analogy is moot. Plus, a great defensive C who doesn't shoot 3's (btw, Towns can shoot) is much more valuable than a great defensive 3/4 who doesn't shoot 3's.

What is Gordon actually good at on offense? Nothing that has to do with creating his own shot. That's going to make him tough to play alongside Vucevic, who they'll want to space the floor for.

I know you have no eye for basketball, so just trust me when I say that Randle has game with the ball in is hands, and Gordon does not. Both these guys were high picks, but when I'm taking a high pick I either want a dominant defensive center, or a guy at any other position that has the ability to make plays with tha ball. I was confused when the magic picked Gordon.
That doesn't even make sense. Vucevic isn't a solely post up big and Gordon can slide to the 3 with Harris at the 4. Or vice versa, it really doesn't matter.
I guess you no more than the 3 teams who Gordon was #1 on their list (Orlando, Boston, Utah)

LoneyROY7
10-19-2015, 04:20 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

AD and Blake think that shit's HILARIOUS.

Levity
10-19-2015, 04:30 PM

the two best PF's in the league find that hilarious? oh no!

LoneyROY7
10-19-2015, 04:34 PM
the two best PF's in the league find that hilarious? oh no!

Did he not say "cannot be matched by any 4s"? Do the two best PFs not qualify as "any 4"?

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 04:35 PM

You'll see soon enough. His step is lightning quick. Draymond Green probably thought it was hilarious too until he got torched by a 20 year old kid in the 1st quarter alone and this is one of the better defenders at the 4.

ralph_i_el
10-19-2015, 04:36 PM
That doesn't even make sense. Vucevic isn't a solely post up big and Gordon can slide to the 3 with Harris at the 4. Or vice versa, it really doesn't matter.
I guess you no more than the 3 teams who Gordon was #1 on their list (Orlando, Boston, Utah)

I must KNOW more than those three teams, if they actually were going to take a skinny tweener with no offensive skills first overall....over Wiggins and Parker :facepalm

You will not run an above average offense if you start Gordon at the 3.
Randle will actually be able to play the 4 on offense. Gordon won't have any position where he's a positive player. I'm much more confident in Randle developing into a decent defensive player than Gordon developing into a decent offensive player.

Randle is savvy. He has game. :confusedshrug: I don't know what else to tell you. All we can do is watch it play out.

You still haven't told me what Gordon does well on offense

Go back and watch their college highlights. Randle looks like Griffin, and Gordon looks like Joe Alexander.

LoneyROY7
10-19-2015, 04:36 PM
You'll see soon enough. His step is lightning quick. Draymond Green probably thought it was hilarious too until he got torched by a 20 year old kid in the 1st quarter alone and this is one of the better defenders at the 4.

Lightning quick? Torched? :oldlol:

Stay overhyping, bruh.

Levity
10-19-2015, 04:38 PM
Did he not say "cannot be matched by any 4s"? Do the two best PFs not qualify as "any 4"?

he did say that, and your argument is that theres TWO PF's in the league with better first steps (supposedly). so basically youre qualifying randles first step in the upper echelon of the league. not bad for a guy who played only 12 more minutes that griffin did in their "rookie" year.

and randle is slowly proving he can go either direction on his first step. pretty damn impressive for someone that was touted as only going left

LoneyROY7
10-19-2015, 04:41 PM
he did say that, and your argument is that theres TWO PF's in the league with better first steps (supposedly). so basically youre qualifying randles first step in the upper echelon of the league. not bad for a guy who played only 12 more minutes that griffin did in their "rookie" year.

and randle is slowly proving he can go either direction on his first step. pretty damn impressive for someone that was touted as only going left

I'm not qualifying anything. I'm singularly laughing at such an asinine statement.

I only used AD and Blake b/c they are two PFs who are very clearly quicker and more explosive than Randle.

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFLcEGqFpyM

Blowing by and torching defensive player Draymond Green.

Oh this is him abusing Draymond last year

https://vine.co/v/eiVjx5wYpqI

Catches and attacks, first step illustration again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuZgNmfez9I

Human Error
10-19-2015, 04:51 PM
This.

outbreak
10-19-2015, 05:09 PM
I must KNOW more than those three teams, if they actually were going to take a skinny tweener with no offensive skills first overall....over Wiggins and Parker :facepalm

Randle will actually be able to play the 4 on offense. Gordon won't have any position where he's a positive player. I'm much more confident in Randle developing into a decent defensive player than Gordon developing into a decent offensive player.

Randle is savvy. He has game. :confusedshrug: I don't know what else to tell you. All we can do is watch it play out.

Go back and watch their college highlights. Randle looks like Griffin, and Gordon looks like Joe Alexander.
This guy right here has no clue who Aaron Gordon even is. The kid was ripped from the get go and would have been one of the youngest players in THIS years draft. :facepalm

Not to mention he upped his 3pt% and ft% in his rookie year and shot 50% from three through summer league averaging 4 three point attempts a game. Small sample size yes but at least it shows he should be able to hit wide open jump shots in the regular season.

Why are you talking about college highlights for? Randle got by on free throws and only finished 35% of his shots in the paint, he bullied smaller defenders and has a lot to work on before being a solid NBA pro.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 05:10 PM

He was #1 after Embiid, Wiggins, and Parker

Randle is the tweener. He's a bit of a black hole and has absolutely no jumpshot and doesn't have the form to improve on it like Gordon. You really have little to know basketball knowledge, so I don't really see any point of dragging this any further. Magic fans know Gordon's potential and the league will after this coming season.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 05:12 PM
He really has no idea what he's talking about, no point arguing with him. I take Gordon 10/10 over Randle and so would Orlando, Jazz, and the Celtics.
Randle is a turnstile defensively also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8af2kqVZak

outbreak
10-19-2015, 05:13 PM
This thread is a perfect example why so many people hate mentally handicapped people... sorry for the few who aren't this annoying.

Fixed. I feel bad for the posters here who are lakers fans but aren't trolls or morons.

Levity
10-19-2015, 05:13 PM
has absolutely no jumpshot and doesn't have the form to improve on it like Gordon. .

blake griffin had a disgustingly terrible form on his jumper the first 2 or 3 season. Clipps hired a great shooting coach, and now BG is a threat 15-20 feet from the rim.

Despite his small sample size in games, randle has a decent stroke from 15 feet, as seen in training camp and practices. and the lakers (finally) hired a shooting coach the other week. he can and will become better with his midrange game.

outbreak
10-19-2015, 05:14 PM
He was #1 after Embiid, Wiggins, and Parker

Randle is the tweener. He's a bit of a black hole and has absolutely no jumpshot and doesn't have the form to improve on it like Gordon. You really have little to know basketball knowledge, so I don't really see any point of dragging this any further. Magic fans know Gordon's potential and the league will after this coming season.

Randle also lacks the ball handling skills, it's one of the big areas that can keep a tweener from being positionless. Gordon has been stepping up and playing a point forward role at times which will really be beneficial and should help him adjust to either position as needed.

TripleA
10-19-2015, 05:15 PM
He really has no idea what he's talking about, no point arguing with him. I take Gordon 10/10 over Randle and so would Orlando, Jazz, and the Celtics.
Randle is a turnstile defensively also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8af2kqVZak

Randle might have have better looking stats but Gordon will be more impactful.

outbreak
10-19-2015, 05:15 PM
blake griffin had a disgustingly terrible form on his jumper the first 2 or 3 season. Clipps hired a great shooting coach, and now BG is a threat 15-20 feet from the rim.

Despite his small sample size in games, randle has a decent stroke from 15 feet, as seen in training camp and practices. and the lakers (finally) hired a shooting coach the other week. he can and will become better with his midrange game.

Sure Randle can turn in to a great player and improve his flaws like people are saying, but if you take that argument you must also acknowledge that Gordon can do that too (and is more likely too considering how he's shot recently).

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Randle also lacks the ball handling skills, it's one of the big areas that can keep a tweener from being positionless. Gordon has been stepping up and playing a point forward role at times which will really be beneficial and should help him adjust to either position as needed.

Dumbest thing ive heard. He's got pretty decent handling skills. He runs the break all the time because hes so quick to blast off on a breakaway.

Gay Blake can't match up

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 05:17 PM
I just don't understand why Gordon is a tweener but Randle isn't... Randle is literally the definition of a tweener but.. for some reason he isn't but Gordon who can guard 1-4 is... Randle will get abused by bigger 4s and he SURE AS HELL isn't guarding ANY 3

Levity
10-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Sure Randle can turn in to a great player and improve his flaws like people are saying, but if you take that argument you must also acknowledge that Gordon can do that too (and is more likely too considering how he's shot recently).

im not arguing anything about gordon. in fact, i have never even talked about him on this forum. im just disputing jameers claim that randle cant/wont improve on his jumper because of his form (which isnt even as bad as hes trying to say)

ralph_i_el
10-19-2015, 05:19 PM
This guy right here has no clue who Aaron Gordon even is. The kid was ripped from the get go and would have been one of the youngest players in THIS years draft. :facepalm

Not to mention he upped his 3pt% and ft% in his rookie year and shot 50% from three through summer league averaging 4 three point attempts a game. Small sample size yes but at least it shows he should be able to hit wide open jump shots in the regular season.

Why are you talking about college highlights for? Randle got by on free throws and only finished 35% of his shots in the paint, he bullied smaller defenders and has a lot to work on before being a solid NBA pro.

He only finished 35% of his shots in the paint? And earlier in this thread someone said he shot 17% on J's......Then how did he shoot 50% from the field for the year? http://blog.shotanalytics.com/2014/06/24/nba-draft-shot-chart-julius-randle/

outbreak
10-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Dumbest thing ive heard. He's got pretty decent handling skills. He runs the break all the time because hes so quick to blast off on a breakaway.

Gay Blake can't match up
Running the break doesn't equal perimeter ball handling skills jackass.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 05:22 PM

Gay Blake can't match up
Yeah Gordon has no idea how to run the break!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zRYNBry8A
https://youtu.be/qJXP6-qBdsw?t=2m22s

outbreak
im not arguing anything about gordon. in fact, i have never even talked about him on this forum. im just disputing jameers claim that randle cant/wont improve on his jumper because of his form (which isnt even as bad as hes trying to say)

True but a lot of the posters here both ways act like one player can improve and the other can't.

ralph_i_el

^Nope

outbreak
10-19-2015, 05:25 PM
He only finished 35% of his shots in the paint? And earlier in this thread someone said he shot 17% on J's......Then how did he shoot 50% from the field for the year? http://blog.shotanalytics.com/2014/06/24/nba-draft-shot-chart-julius-randle/
What I read was wrong then maybe it was post ups he shot 35% on? I know he struggled in the post and in traffic

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 05:25 PM
True but a lot of the posters here both ways act like one player can improve and the other can't.
This.

For some reason Gordon can't improve offensively (even though he has in 2nd year by leaps and bounds already) but Randle (who's offense isn't that great in the first place) can become a good defender. It's BS.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 05:27 PM
What I read was wrong then maybe it was post ups he shot 35% on? I know he struggled in the post and in traffic
Yep,
per Draftexpress

Julius Randle's situational statistics are probably a little bit different than most would expect. While 20.9% of his offense coming from post-ups is far from an insignificant amount, it ranks as only average in this group, as does the 0.79 points per possession he generated in these instances. While a little bit of improvement in Kentucky's floor spacing could have opened up the paint a little bit more for Randle and helped improve this number some, further refinement of his skills and becoming more comfortable using his right hand will be needed in the future as well. The 39.3% he shot on post-up opportunities was well below average among power forwards we looked at, although the overall efficiency was buoyed by his ability to draw contact and get to the line, as he drew shooting fouls on 26.2% of his post-up possessions, one of the better rates among this group.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3p3FzSgRg
http://www.draftexpress.com

ralph_i_el
10-19-2015, 05:30 PM
Literally everything he did was in traffic he took 3/4 of his shots in the paint and finished at the rim ~60% of the time. This is with double and triple teams.

ralph_i_el
10-19-2015, 05:31 PM
Yep,
per Draftexpress

All that means is he must have shot an insanely high % on face-up drives:confusedshrug: which is his bread and butter.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 05:43 PM
All that means is he must have shot an insanely high % on face-up drives:confusedshrug: which is his bread and butter.
It also means that his supposed post game wasn't even that effective in college.

Levity
10-19-2015, 05:45 PM
It also means that his supposed post game wasn't even that effective in college.

efficiency wise, i guess you're right. but getting to the FT line on 25%+ of your post ups is damn impressive.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 05:48 PM
And also for the ones hyping Randle's jumper:

Jump shooting is another area of his game that stands out, as he shot only 17.3% on jump shots logged by Synergy, with the 0.40 points per possession he scored on those attempts being the lowest mark in this power forward class.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3p3LNZPx2
http://www.draftexpress.com

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 05:49 PM
efficiency wise, i guess you're right. but getting to the FT line on 25%+ of your post ups is damn impressive.
Agreed, it is.

Cocaine80s
10-19-2015, 06:03 PM
These laker fans really talking shit when they picked Russell over Okafor :roll: :roll: :roll:

AirTupac
10-19-2015, 06:04 PM
These laker fans really talking shit when they picked Russell over Okafor :roll: :roll: :roll:

Great pick. :pimp:

senelcoolidge
10-19-2015, 06:20 PM
:facepalm damn the lakers have fallen hard as fu#k, that they have to pick fights with Magic and Clipper fans. The Magic and Clippers have a brighter future ahead of them than the pathetic lakers who keep drafting busts.

ralph_i_el
10-19-2015, 06:25 PM
And also for the ones hyping Randle's jumper:

Literally no one is hyping his J. I'm just dumping on Gordons.

I'm the one doing the most Randle hyping in this thread, and I hate the Lakers. Don't write this up as just Lakers fans bullshitting. I think this dude is going to be really good.

Jameerthefear
10-19-2015, 06:29 PM
Literally no one is hyping his J. I'm just dumping on Gordons.

I'm the one doing the most Randle hyping in this thread, and I hate the Lakers. Don't write this up as just Lakers fans bullshitting. I think this dude is going to be really good.
Well it's funny that you dump on Gordon's since he shot a higher % on jumpers than Randle.

outbreak
10-19-2015, 06:29 PM
:facepalm damn the lakers have fallen hard as fu#k, that they have to pick fights with Magic and Clipper fans. The Magic and Clippers have a brighter future ahead of them than the pathetic lakers who keep drafting busts.
Next season it'll be philly they have to pick fights with.

HylianNightmare
10-19-2015, 06:54 PM
Interpretation
I dont like the lakers, so I'll take any prospect over Randle who isn't in a Laker jersey.
Believe what you want I just think Gordon is going to be a Marion lite and that sounds good to me, I honestly hope randle develops too. I harbor no blind hate for the lakers

Kobe_6/8
10-20-2015, 02:12 AM
... Overall his game right now is based almost entirely on overpowering weaker opponents ...

^sounds like the definition of alpha.

retaxis
10-20-2015, 04:44 AM
... Overall his game right now is based almost entirely on overpowering weaker opponents ...

^sounds like the definition of alpha.
Sounds very beta because he hardly ever overpowers anyone therefore he ends up being charlie at the end of the day. Very poor form.