PDA

View Full Version : NBA execs say Kobe is NOT an asset

JT123
10-19-2015, 01:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13845720/losangeles-lakers-assets-liabilities

Every insider with whom ESPN spoke said Russell, the No. 2 overall pick in this year's draft, is the Lakers' clear-cut top asset.

Second-best? Either combo guard Jordan Clarkson, a 2014 second-round pick who was an All-Rookie first team selection last season, or forward Randle, a 2014 lottery pick whose rookie season was cut short by a broken right leg after only 14 minutes of playing time.

"Once you get past them, yeah, [they have] decent players," one agent said, "but nothing [where] you would say, 'These are guys that are going to help a franchise,' especially in the West."

That includes Bryant, one of the few NBA players with a no-trade clause in his contract, and who therefore could nix any trade the Lakers negotiate for him.

"Kobe, I don't think a lot of people would touch him," one agent said.

DavisIsMyUniBro
10-19-2015, 01:32 PM
really, the only reason kobe would not be an asset is because he takes too many shots.

this really has been a thing throughout his career. if you combine his offensive peak, defensive peak, and give him a better "shot iq", then you have a really damn good player.

I would say they are just being pricks about it now. I mean, the guy is a legend, who cares if he doesent produce at age, what, 38? after having 3 major injuries that would have made many others retire.

I dont rate kobe highly, but as a professional, and his work ethic, are second to none.

the nba will miss him when he retires. hell, they miss him right now.

also, espn insiders are kind of idiots. they address stats that they clearly have no clue about. they call it rpm, but its really just a modified version of xRAPM to show to the public so no one says "oh, this guy is too low" or "oh, this guy is too high" since they dont want to use actual reasoning or real, controversial statements. I dont think anyone thinks kobe will be a worldbeater at this stage, but at the end of the day, over the last 15 years, he won 5 rings.

there are 4 teams that have more rings than him. now, you could argue that he won those rings in good situations, but really, who cares?

everyone on here knows that I think lebron is a much better player than kobe. but both of them are the greatest wing players in this generation. (by that I mean 2000-2015, career wise of course, I dont rate kobe's peak high, but he really has 6 different years that could be argued as his peak, and I dont rate 06, but many do)

Levity
10-19-2015, 01:44 PM
ESPN really banking on kobe and the lakers having an abomination of a season.

if they have any sort of success, especially with kobe at the drivers seat, i wonder what tune ESPN will be singing.

I<3NBA
10-19-2015, 01:46 PM
a cripple is not an asset. who knew?

JT123
10-19-2015, 01:48 PM

if they have any sort of success, especially with kobe at the drivers seat, i wonder what tune ESPN will be singing.
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

HOoopCityJones
10-19-2015, 01:56 PM

So much this man. I don't even care if they make the playoffs and get bounced in the first round, just to see all the blatant spin jobs by the hacks at ESPN will be reward enough. :oldlol:

I suspect they'd just stay the course though. You can see the article title from Holmes already "Lakers came up short cause of Kobe".

Easiest 60,000 dollars a year , ever.

sdot_thadon
10-19-2015, 02:51 PM
He's not an asset, he's damaged goods. Legendary, damaged goods.

kennethgriffin
10-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Nba execs = the most over used unprofessional source of information going today. Anyone using them or quoting them should be fired/banned

I proved how easy it is to just make up quotes when you dont have to use any credible proof

Enough of this nonsense.... mods do your job

JT123
10-19-2015, 03:02 PM
Nba execs = the most over used unprofessional source of information going today. Anyone using them or quoting them should be fired/banned

I proved how easy it is to just make up quotes when you dont have to use any credible proof

Enough of this nonsense.... mods do your job
The hell you want a moderator for? :lol This is an NBA forum and I'm posting NBA news from credible sports media outlets. Sorry if journalists reporting the honest opinions of people's feelings about Kobe hurts your feelings. :(
But last I checked hurting KennethGriffin's feelings wasn't ban worthy.

sportjames23
10-19-2015, 03:06 PM
JT got kenneth shook. He's got Kobe on the brain, but he also got kenneth catching feelings. :oldlol:

kennethgriffin
10-19-2015, 03:12 PM
JT got kenneth shook. He's got Kobe on the brain, but he also got kenneth catching feelings. :oldlol:

Yeah.. i'm super upset at these nameless sources talking angrily toward my favorite player

Ive never had to deal with such criticism before

cranincu
10-19-2015, 03:37 PM
and execs show how dumbass they are again ignoring assets like lou williams (6 moty on a affordable 3 yr/21 mil contract) and roy trashcan hibbert who's on his last year of a contract

Mr. Jabbar
10-19-2015, 03:53 PM
NBA execs all agree Kobe has yet to pay any rent to OP.

** Notice this is EVERY nba executive were talking about. What makes this info pretty much a FACT.

GrapeApe
10-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Why are you so obsessed with this stuff? Do you have some kind of alert set up to notify you any time there's an article that mentions Kobe? I've never seen someone care so much about a player they supposedly dislike. Not only that, but you're so desperate to trash Kobe that you analyze every article to find the best way of spinning its content out of context. It's bizarre.

Hey Yo
10-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Why are you so obsessed with this stuff? Do you have some kind of alert set up to notify you any time there's an article that mentions Kobe? I've never seen someone care so much about a player they supposedly dislike. Not only that, but you're so desperate to trash Kobe that you analyze every article to find the best way of spinning its content out of context. It's bizarre.
Never seen 3ball threads about LeBron??

outbreak
10-19-2015, 05:33 PM
Does ANYONE think Kobe is an asset? Even if he puts up some points this year for the amount he is being paid he is still a liability.

PP34Deuce
10-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Kobe can't produce output like he used. He also isn't the friendliest personality to have. He wouldn't work on a young team because he's not a guy to mold or take people under his wing.

He wouldn't work on a team like San Antonio because he will still believe he's the best option.

legendary player but he's not worth the headache to a lot.

JT123
10-19-2015, 05:57 PM
Kobe can't produce output like he used. He also isn't the friendliest personality to have. He wouldn't work on a young team because he's not a guy to mold or take people under his wing.

He wouldn't work on a team like San Antonio because he will still believe he's the best option.
Agreed. At this point it's time we all acknowledge that Kobe is the least valuable player in the NBA, at least in terms of on court production. There is literally not a single team in the league that would be improved by his presence. He can still add value to a franchise through ticket sales (no matter how horrible he is), but that's about it.

GrapeApe
10-19-2015, 06:00 PM
Never seen 3ball threads about LeBron??

Yeah, he's another one. :rolleyes:

The difference is I think 3ball actually believes a lot of the bullshit he posts, whereas JT and others of that ilk are just trolls.

JT123
10-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Yeah, he's another one. :rolleyes:

The difference is I think 3ball actually believes a lot of the bullshit he posts, whereas JT and others of that ilk are just trolls.
:biggums: How am I a troll for posting direct quotes from NBA scouts and GMs about what THEY think about Kobe. These aren't my words, but the words of people directly involved in the league.

Thesmallmamba
10-19-2015, 06:23 PM
:lol

GrapeApe
10-19-2015, 06:34 PM
:biggums: How am I a troll for posting direct quotes from NBA scouts and GMs about what THEY think about Kobe. These aren't my words, but the words of people directly involved in the league.

Because they're usually not direct quotes, and if they are, they're either taken out of context or spun to fit your agenda. That article is about the Lakers rebuilding process. You make it sound like the execs are trashing Kobe. In reality they're just applying common sense and stating the obvious that a 37 year old player with injury issues doesn't have attractive trade value. It's a fluff article, and the only purpose of you posting it was to take a (weak) shot at Kobe. If that's not trolling I don't know what is.

DMAVS41
10-19-2015, 07:00 PM
If they are strictly talking about on court stuff...then yea, based on the Kobe of the last 2 years...he's obviously a huge detriment to any team.

He doesn't play defense, he doesn't score efficiently, he's not a team player, and worst of all he's been hurt.

However, that is the last 2 years. We have no idea how he'll play this year if he's healthy.

I'd wait and see what he does before we proclaim him not an asset.

But if they were just talking about 14 and 15...seems obvious. He was probably the least valuable player in the league given his play, injuries, and salary.

coin24
10-19-2015, 07:35 PM
Agreed. At this point it's time we all acknowledge that Kobe is the least valuable player in the NBA, at least in terms of on court production. There is literally not a single team in the league that would be improved by his presence. He can still add value to a franchise through ticket sales (no matter how horrible he is), but that's about it.

Still the most relevant and handsome player in the league. Even has virgin haters like yourself making 50 threads per day about him :lol

How great is our gawd:bowdown: :bowdown:

Straight_Ballin
10-19-2015, 07:43 PM
If they are strictly talking about on court stuff...then yea, based on the Kobe of the last 2 years...he's obviously a huge detriment to any team.

He doesn't play defense, he doesn't score efficiently, he's not a team player, and worst of all he's been hurt.

However, that is the last 2 years. We have no idea how he'll play this year if he's healthy.

I'd wait and see what he does before we proclaim him not an asset.

But if they were just talking about 14 and 15...seems obvious. He was probably the least valuable player in the league given his play, injuries, and salary.

This really is the only logical outlook. Similar shit was being said about Duncan in his old age and look what happened. He pulled Kwahi aside, pointed at Bron and said "It's your time to shine yung buck. Take that man's FMVP from him, I'll handle the rest."

The rest is history.

kennethgriffin
10-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Does ANYONE think Kobe is an asset? Even if he puts up some points this year for the amount he is being paid he is still a liability.

in the last 3 preseason games before the knee contusion that kept him out of saturdays game. kobe was averaging 29ppg on 53% fg's per 36m

dudes gonna f*ck up the league one more time before retirement

when healthy, 100%, not recovering from bogus injuries. hes still one of the top players in the game

SouBeachTalents
10-19-2015, 08:07 PM
This really is the only logical outlook. Similar shit was being said about Duncan in his old age and look what happened. He pulled Kwahi aside, pointed at Bron and said "It's your time to shine yung buck. Take that man's FMVP from him, I'll handle the rest."

The rest is history.

You're really obsessed with LeBron bra

NZStreetBaller
10-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Kobes personality alone is an asset to this very young team. As future lakers they need to be held to a very high standard.

Vaniiiia
10-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Kobes personality alone is an asset to this very young team. As future lakers they need to be held to a very high standard.
You mean the same personality that drove everything good OUT and prevented anything else good from coming in?

:roll:

Kobes 'personality' is the exact reason they're a perennial lottery team with a bunch of young scrubs.

I don't think you understand the concept of assets and liabilities. Kobe is a LIABILITY. Period.

Stop confusing people.

Hey Yo
10-19-2015, 09:18 PM

The rest is history.
Then James' drilled the dagger shot in Leonard's eye FOR THE CONVINCING LEAD and FTW in game 7 which became B2B Finals MVP's

Bosh, Miller or Allen scored ZERO PTS in that game 7

GOAT performance by LeBron.

Thesmallmamba
10-19-2015, 09:24 PM
You mean the same personality that drove everything good OUT and prevented anything else good from coming in?

Kobes 'personality' is the exact reason they're a perennial lottery team with a bunch of young scrubs.

I don't think you understand the concept of assets and liabilities. Kobe is a LIABILITY. Period.

Stop confusing people.

F*cking ether :roll:

GrapeApe
10-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Then James' drilled the dagger shot in Leonard's eye FOR THE CONVINCING LEAD and FTW in game 7 which became B2B Finals MVP's

While certainly a great performance, Wade (23/10, 2 blks) and Battier (6/8 on 3 pointers) stepped up big time too.

:cheers:

Straight_Ballin
10-19-2015, 09:43 PM

Wrong finals series.

Fudge
10-19-2015, 10:40 PM

Stop confusing people.
Got eem!

ALBballer
10-19-2015, 10:43 PM

legendary player but he's not worth the headache to a lot.

I disagree. Lakers have a young team and many of these players grew up watching Kobe and have respect for him. Kobe seems like the type of player that is willing to help develop players as long as the work ethic is there.

JT123
10-19-2015, 10:47 PM
I disagree. Lakers have a young team and many of these players grew up watching Kobe and have respect for him. Kobe seems like the type of player that is willing to help develop players as long as the work ethic is there.
Tell that to Smush. :rolleyes:
Smush was a hard working kid who idolized Kobe, and wanted nothing more than to bond and learn from him. So what did Kobe do when his hard working young teammate reached out to him? Just spew some BS about how Smush wasn't allowed to talk to him unless he carried Kobe to rings like Shaq did. :facepalm

imdaman99
10-19-2015, 11:03 PM
OP is obsessed. A new thread about Kobe everyday. What's it gonna be tomorrow? :oldlol:

ALBballer
10-19-2015, 11:27 PM
Smush was a hard working kid who idolized Kobe, and wanted nothing more than to bond and learn from him. So what did Kobe do when his hard working young teammate reached out to him? Just spew some BS about how Smush wasn't allowed to talk to him unless he carried Kobe to rings like Shaq did. :facepalm

That was Kobe when he was 28 years old when he was a few years removed from winning the championship. Besides let us be honest Parker was garbage and that whole team was garbage.

The team he has now is better but they will still suck in the West. Kobe seems to like Randle and has taken players like Gasol, Ariza, Vujacic etc under his wing.

KirbyPls
10-20-2015, 12:06 AM

The rest is history.

Much free, such rent.

Mr. Jabbar
10-20-2015, 12:22 AM

The Rent is strong with this one.