PDA

View Full Version : What makes America a "free country?"

The Valley
10-19-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm just having a really difficult time trying to understand how a country can make organic plants illegal and throw people in jail for possessing them and still be called a free country. Especially considering that said plants have never been responsible for death, brain damage, or any other physical ailments.

Hell, even Vitamin B17 is illegal in America. How can you make a naturally occurring vitamin THAT KILLS CANCER CELLS illegal and still be a free country? How does that make any sense at all?

Enlighten me

UK2K
10-19-2015, 02:30 PM
You can be gay and not thrown from a rooftop.

Freedom doesnt mean you can do whatever the hell you want, as every society needs law and structure.

~primetime~
10-19-2015, 02:43 PM
pot is legal in 4 states, decriminalized in 11 others...won't be long till it is legal all over

stop whining and pretending you aren't "free" :facepalm

DonD13
10-19-2015, 02:45 PM
certainly the freedom of speech which it takes serious like pretty much no other country

as far as your plants are concerned, i'm for legalization but i think you got a problem mate

fiddy
10-19-2015, 02:47 PM
Nothing, its a police state. Welcome to 1984 humanoids, its your fault.

certainly the freedom of speech which it takes serious like pretty much no other country

as far as your plants are concerned, i'm for legalization but i think you got a problem mate
bahahahhaha

Nick Young
10-19-2015, 02:49 PM

Then why is the Democratic party attempting to censor and regulate freedom of speech?:confusedshrug:

DonD13
10-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Then why is the Democratic party attempting to censor and regulate freedom of speech?:confusedshrug:

idk nothing about it, link me mate

The Valley
10-19-2015, 03:09 PM

How can a government decide that some things that grow from the earth should be illegal? Is that free?

The Valley
10-19-2015, 03:10 PM
The FDA banned a ****ing vitamin that kills cancer cells (this is why it was made illegal) and yet this is a free country?

GTFOH

I want to burn an American flag on national tv while smoking a foot long joint

DonD13
10-19-2015, 03:19 PM
How can a government decide that some things that grow from the earth should be illegal?

it can cause people burning flags or going all crazy on basketball message boards mate

Derka
10-19-2015, 03:20 PM
The FDA banned a ****ing vitamin that kills cancer cells (this is why it was made illegal) and yet this is a free country?

GTFOH

I want to burn an American flag on national tv while smoking a foot long joint
Nothing in the world stopping you from doing that. If you don't do it one of the four states where possession of pot is legal, be prepared to end up in court.

Freedom =\= exempt from consequences for stupidity.

sammichoffate
10-19-2015, 05:43 PM
We can criticize the government for the most part, we also live by a rule of law that keeps us from eating each other like animals. Much as I hate to admit it, the American Congress is still technically legitimate even though the people who run it mostly don't give a **** about the voters who got them in on a national level.

Goro
10-19-2015, 05:57 PM
I'm just having a really difficult time trying to understand how a country can make organic plants illegal and throw people in jail for possessing them and still be called a free country. Especially considering that said plants have never been responsible for death, brain damage, or any other physical ailments.

Hell, even Vitamin B17 is illegal in America. How can you make a naturally occurring vitamin THAT KILLS CANCER CELLS illegal and still be a free country? How does that make any sense at all?

Enlighten me

Did you Lensanity account get banned?

The Valley
10-19-2015, 06:14 PM
We can criticize the government for the most part, we also live by a rule of law that keeps us from eating each other like animals. Much as I hate to admit it, the American Congress is still technically legitimate even though the people who run it mostly don't give a **** about the voters who got them in on a national level.

All of that is true, but how can you make nature illegal?

dkmwise
10-19-2015, 06:27 PM
All of that is true, but how can you make nature illegal?

Crocodiles, Lions, Bears; all are part of nature and yest in most places illegal to own. Cocaine is from the coca plant, also illegal.

I'm actually for legalizing marijuana, but the fact that one item happens to be illegal does not make the country unfree

NumberSix
10-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Crocodiles, Lions, Bears; all are part of nature and yest in most places illegal to own. Cocaine is from the coca plant, also illegal.

I'm actually for legalizing marijuana, but the fact that one item happens to be illegal does not make the country unfree
You'd be surprised

The Valley
10-19-2015, 06:39 PM

Unlike those shitty examples, cannabis is not a living creature and it can not kill a human being.

What is extracted from the coca plant is actually not dangerous at all. It just doesn't work as a drug without the additives. The additives to cocaine are what makes it addicting and unhealthy. That was a terrible example.

And cannabis is not the only natural thing that is illegal for an unjust reason. Vitamin B17, DMT, Mescaline, LSA, Ibogaine, Psilocybin Mushrooms, etc are all illegal despite being natural and not only safe but actually HEALTHY.

sammichoffate
10-19-2015, 06:45 PM
All of that is true, but how can you make nature illegal?The EPA? FDA? Department of Agriculture? :confusedshrug: