PDA

View Full Version : The luck of Cleveland and Lebron James

B4llin
10-20-2015, 06:58 AM
In 2003 Lebron James was eligible for the NBA draft, he has long been known as a hometown kid, and Cleveland won the draft lottery, and then go on to draft Lebron. Unfortunately they do not win a championship in lebrons first tenure there so he decides to leave. During this time, the cavs win 3 more drafts resulting in 3 more number one picks. During this time they also received two high lottery picks (both number 4 picks)

Obviously this is no conspiracy, but has any sports team or player in history had the kind of luck that Cleveland has had? When you really look at it it is absurd how it all turned out for Cleveland. I can't wait for a 30 for 30 about this in a decade. Imagine this happening in the nfl, where number 1 draft picks have barely the same impact as in the NBA. And also it's not like the NBA gives the first pick to the worst team, which the nfl does.

Just amazing to think about really. All the more power to them, obviously it's easy to be salty but looking at it objectively as a sports fan, it's insane.

chips93
10-20-2015, 08:04 AM
God loves Cleveland

DukeDelonte13
10-20-2015, 08:12 AM
In 2003 Lebron James was eligible for the NBA draft, he has long been known as a hometown kid, and Cleveland won the draft lottery, and then go on to draft Lebron. Unfortunately they do not win a championship in lebrons first tenure there so he decides to leave. During this time, the cavs win 3 more drafts resulting in 3 more number one picks. During this time they also received two high lottery picks (both number 4 picks)

Obviously this is no conspiracy, but has any sports team or player in history had the kind of luck that Cleveland has had? When you really look at it it is absurd how it all turned out for Cleveland. I can't wait for a 30 for 30 about this in a decade. Imagine this happening in the nfl, where number 1 draft picks have barely the same impact as in the NBA. And also it's not like the NBA gives the first pick to the worst team, which the nfl does.

Just amazing to think about really. All the more power to them, obviously it's easy to be salty but looking at it objectively as a sports fan, it's insane.

what

Cleveland is easily one the most unlucky sports towns in the entire country. They haven't won jack since 1964.

I firmly believe the Lebron draft was fixed.

It was the Clippers pick, not the cavs pick, that got them Kyrie Irving.

The 2013 Draft was probably one of the worst in history with no clear number 1. There were no game changers in the lottery that year.

Wiggins was the crazy lucky one IMO.

They were tied with NO and had to do a coin flip. I think they won they coin flip. Had they lost, they would have gotten Anthony Davis.

DoctorP
10-20-2015, 08:17 AM
inb4 rigged

I<3NBA
10-20-2015, 08:20 AM
no championships in any major sport.

lucky.

:yaohappy:

Gileraracer
10-20-2015, 08:22 AM
That is because KING James had no help for 5 straight years. He did all by himself. Everyone that brings up collusions now is a liar.
So it's basically just justice.

sd3035
10-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Certainly not lucky for the fans; getting a choker who brings false hope only to disappoint year after year