PDA

View Full Version : GM Survey has Cavs winning it all this year

All Net
10-20-2015, 05:00 PM
TEAM PREDICTIONS

Which team will win the 2016 NBA Finals?
1. Cleveland -- 53.6%
2. San Antonio -- 25.0%
3. Golden State -- 17.9%
4. Oklahoma City -- 3.6%
Last year: San Antonio -- 46.2%

http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/nba-com-2015-16-gm-survey/

Foster5k
10-20-2015, 05:02 PM
TEAM PREDICTIONS

1. Cleveland -- 53.6%
2. San Antonio -- 25.0%
3. Golden State -- 17.9%
4. Oklahoma City -- 3.6%

Doc Rivers: "Yall lucky I could only vote one time."

Papaya Petee
10-20-2015, 05:06 PM
If they have luck on their side, and are fully healthy come playoff time... Lebron becomes a 3x Champion.

Its that simple, health stopped them last year.

Levity
10-20-2015, 05:11 PM
If they have luck on their side, and are fully healthy come playoff time... Lebron becomes a 3x Champion.

If the Spurs have luck on their side, and are fully healthy come playoff time... Duncan becomes a 6x champion

sportjames23
10-20-2015, 05:13 PM
If the Lakers have luck on their side, and are fully healthy come playoff time... Kobe becomes a 6x champ--LOL, I can't. :oldlol:

Foster5k
10-20-2015, 05:15 PM

If the Hawks have luck on their side, and are fully healthy come playoff time... They'll still get swept by the Cavs.

Dr Hawk
10-20-2015, 05:19 PM
If the Lakers have luck on their side, and are fully healthy come playoff time... Kobe becomes a 6x champ--LOL, I can't. :oldlol:

https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

JellyBean
10-20-2015, 08:16 PM
My reaction to the GM Survey about the Cavs winning it all this year....yawn!!

Paul George 24
10-20-2015, 08:29 PM

2 for 7,he ca't win without wade and bosh

fiddy
10-20-2015, 08:40 PM
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387653

Lebronxrings
10-20-2015, 08:52 PM
hmm i like the cavs but anything is possible in the nba.

warriorfan
10-20-2015, 09:01 PM
AMC BACK 2 BACK heard it here first ******s

Mr. Jabbar
10-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Agreed. It's no excuses for us, again.. :(

Monta Ellis MVP
10-20-2015, 09:13 PM

:roll:

DaOldLion
10-20-2015, 09:18 PM

you can't keep Kobe off your brain?

we can tell..

JerrySeinfeld
10-20-2015, 09:44 PM
So Cleveland at #1 and a bunch of Western Conf. teams as the rest of the options.

Anyone surprised?

Cocaine80s
10-20-2015, 09:47 PM
So Cleveland at #1 and a bunch of Western Conf. teams as the rest of the options.

Anyone surprised?
lebron against the world :lebronamazed:

Cavs in 6 vs any team in the finals :bowdown:

DaOldLion
10-20-2015, 09:50 PM
lebron against the world :lebronamazed:

Cavs in 6 vs any team in the finals :bowdown:

that would be the case if he played in the same conference as those other elite teams..

however going through a weak ass conference while he has the next 2 best players on the court beside him at all times through the EC playoffs while only having to beat one actual elite after they've all battled among each other is the complete opposite of Lebron against the world

Cocaine80s
10-20-2015, 09:53 PM
that would be the case if he played in the same conference as those other elite teams..

however going through a weak ass conference while he has the next 2 best players on the court beside him at all times through the EC playoffs while only having to beat one actual elite after they've all battled among each other is the complete opposite of Lebron against the world
East is stacked this year as well fam

DaOldLion
10-20-2015, 09:56 PM
East is stacked this year as well fam

with a bunch of 40ish win teams with no shot of challenging anybody in the playoffs, yeah we know..

The cavs will have the 3 best players in every series they play out east.. so where is the challenge in that?

DoctorP
10-20-2015, 10:00 PM
I'm not going to lie, this makes me hate the Cavs a little more.

Cocaine80s
10-20-2015, 10:03 PM
with a bunch of 40ish win teams with no shot of challenging anybody in the playoffs, yeah we know..

The cavs will have the 3 best players in every series they play out east.. so where is the challenge in that?
http://static.yourtango.com/cdn/farfuture/lK7TNB0tHhtFZ4iLzBT_lmDpwLeICjQGLaJAShky5ZQ/mtime:1406745596/sites/default/files/image_list/jennifer_lawrence_ok.gif

sportjames23
10-20-2015, 10:04 PM
you can't keep Kobe off your brain?

we can tell..

Child, please. :rolleyes:

Ai2death
10-20-2015, 10:09 PM
If my Denver Nuggets have luck on their side, and are fully healthy come playoff time... We might make might out the first round...

Megabox!
10-20-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm not going to lie, this makes me hate the Cavs a little more.
Because they are projected to be a really good team??

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-20-2015, 10:35 PM
I have them as favorites too - assuming they're healthy of course.

Kyrie and Love will probably play the best they EVER have in-terms of winning basketball. Cleveland gonna be scary folks.

Bankaii
10-21-2015, 12:16 AM

It's pretty safe to say the Cavs would easily make the playoffs in the West and be a probably top 5 team at worst.

So let's say Lebron moves out West and plays for an 8th seed team.

Are you really stupid enough to say Lebron and Anthony Davis wouldn't make the Finals? let alone him joining a top 5 team in the West.

pauk
10-21-2015, 12:25 AM
Well yea... its just logic, i mean if you can get to the Finals with 3 of your other most important players being injured (Love, Kyrie, Varejao, thats a significant amount of offense/defense especially offense) and still hold your own there in the Finals with your completely alone superstar (Lebron) going 1 on 5 with no HCA against what is statistically the best team since the 90s Bulls (http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/john_schuhmann/06/17/golden-state-warriors-win-championship-deserve-to-be-among-all-time-nba-best-champions/) i would say you will then definitely do better when everybody is healthy & had a year to develope even better chemistry.... and the only thing better than what they did last year is a championship, even if its just slightly better.... with that being said, i did also guarantee they will win the championship, IF they are healthy that is, was never wrong with my championship guarantees before either :) , dont think i will be wrong here either unless again somebody important gets injured.....

I think they would have won last year/Finals aswell if Kyrie/Love were around.

pauk
10-21-2015, 12:39 AM
It's pretty safe to say the Cavs would easily make the playoffs in the West and be a probably top 5 team at worst.

Are you really stupid enough to say Lebron and Anthony Davis wouldn't make the Finals? let alone him joining a top 5 team in the West.

I think Lebron will immediately boost even what you think is the worst team/supporting cast to playoffs & go deep there... and wouldnt be surprised at all if he made the Finals aswell...

Thats the story of Lebron.... carrying bad teams as far as nobody else in NBA history would be able to except for maybe/arguably Jordan or something (gladly MJ wasnt that much cursed with supporting casts & their health/condition).... just to be finally met by the best/most stacked team in the Finals always and get his team/supporting cast exposed.... and all you can do now is say "2/6! haha!"... except for the mysterious 2011 its either injury (kyrie/love) or being done (wade/bosh) or worst supporting cast in Finals history (2007) that has stopped him from having 4 more championships / being 6/6 at this moment and still being as you can see today in very good path for even more championships....

Straight_Ballin
10-21-2015, 12:42 AM
TEAM PREDICTIONS

1. Cleveland -- 53.6%
2. San Antonio -- 25.0%
3. Golden State -- 17.9%
4. Oklahoma City -- 3.6%

It doesn't matter though what the survey states when you take into account Cleveland sports history. :lol

Straight_Ballin
10-21-2015, 12:45 AM

:lol You know the game has gone to shit when posters just bring up a possible collusion such as this in a nonchalant fashion like it's to be accepted as common place and perfectly acceptable. :applause:

DoctorP
10-21-2015, 12:56 AM
:lol You know the game has gone to shit when posters just bring up a possible collusion such as this in a nonchalant fashion like it's to be accepted as common place and perfectly acceptable. :applause:

Could totally happen. I mean, Shaq ended up playing with Garnett.

The Warriors should be doubted, everything went so perfect for them last year it's going to be hard to stay that healthy and consistent again this year.

Lebron23
10-21-2015, 01:44 AM

Jordan winning his 7th NBA title is more possible as Kobe making it into the playoffs next season.

Thesmallmamba
10-21-2015, 01:49 AM
Jordan winning his 7th NBA title is more possible as Kobe making it into the playoffs next season.

Heck Jordan coming back to the league as a Journey man and finally winning another playoff game without Pippen is more likely than Kobe making the playoffs

poido123
10-21-2015, 01:51 AM
spurs make the finals, cavs will get crushed.

sportjames23
10-21-2015, 02:09 AM
Heck Jordan coming back to the league as a Journey man and finally winning another playoff game without Pippen is more likely than Kobe making the playoffs

Lebron catchin dat 2/7 is more likely than either doe.

plowking
10-21-2015, 02:14 AM
Seriously, it is common sense.

This Cleveland team is more stacked than any Heat team he played on. For all the complaining people did when he was on the Heat, they aren't going to mention the amount of quality players they have on the team now?

PG - Irving/Williams/Delly
SG - JR Smith/Shumpert/Jones
SF - Bron/Jefferson/Shumpert
PF - Love/Thompson/Daye
C - Mozgov/Andy V

That team is utterly ridiculous. Great inside defense, great perimeter defense, great rebounding, several guys who can create their shot, and scoring down low.

This team literally has not weaknesses unlike the Heat. I'm predicting they win 60+ games and breeze through the finals. They beat whoever they play this year in 5 or 6 from the West.

JT123
10-21-2015, 04:14 AM

This Cleveland team is more stacked than any Heat team he played on. For all the complaining people did when he was on the Heat, they aren't going to mention the amount of quality players they have on the team now?

PF - Love/Thompson/Daye
C - Mozgov/Andy V

That team is utterly ridiculous. Great inside defense, great perimeter defense, great rebounding, several guys who can create their shot, and scoring down low.

This team literally has not weaknesses unlike the Heat. I'm predicting they win 60+ games and breeze through the finals. They beat whoever they play this year in 5 or 6 from the West.
:facepalm Damage control. No excuses for the Heat.

poido123
10-21-2015, 04:17 AM

PF - Love/Thompson/Daye
C - Mozgov/Andy V

No excuses?

But seriously, the test will be can Lebron lead this team without his sidekick Wade.

Irving and Love are very good players, but I'm not sure how good they are at winning.

Wade you knew he could win championships WITHOUT Lebron.

All Net
10-21-2015, 04:33 AM
Cavs question mark is their 2nd, 3rd and 4th most important players are all rather injury prone. Can they last 82 games plus playoffs?

They being hurt in the finals shouldn't of come as surprise.

Naero
10-21-2015, 05:04 AM
*Yawns*

Due to all the unforeseeabilities that factor into winning a championship—health, transformative mentalities and team cultures, the shake-outs of coaching changeovers, and so on—the General Managers know that preseason predictions for an eventual champion are as plausible as taking a shot in the dark; thus, they only make do with what they have on surficial papers and choose the previous-year finalist.

The Cavaliers are obviously the conventional favorite after supposedly "taking the Warriors to task" short-handedly in this finals, but it's a blissful assumption to even espouse the narrative that they would have won fully healthy.

Despite the first-time jitters the Warriors players when trying to satisfy one of the most raucous home crowds in the league, they won in Game 1 despite Kyrie Irving playing for most of the game (by the time he was injured, the Warriors already had a comfortable lead in the waning minutes of overtime). Albeit, Kevin Love was sidelined; but considering how badly he's been marginalized as the third wheel in this Cavaliers' offense, his impact was far from indispensable.

Moreover, I can answer the "what-if" card with another one of my own for the Warriors' part: what if Stephen Curry had not suffered the near-concussive injury in Game 4 against the Rockets?

All playoff games before the concussion (including the game of the injury):

29.9 PPG; 47.5% shooting; 44.8% three-point-shooting; 6.6 APG; 22.2 game-score average (basketball-reference.com formula).

First-four playoff games after the concussion (including the two finals losses against the Cavaliers):

24.2 PPG; 38.2% field-goal percentage; 34.5% three-point percentage; 5.8 APG; 15.9 game-score average.

He was obviously hobbled by it, even if he wasn't hasty to make sekf-excusatory claims of it, and it glared the most in Game 2, wherein he shot 5-23 from the field and 2-15 from three-point range. If he made even one more of those 13, uncharacteristically missed three-point attempts, the Warriors (theoretically) would have won Game 2 and have taken a series-commanding 2-0 lead (which the basketball Gods seem to avert away from prime LeBron).

Plus, even with a fully healthy Cavaliers squad, do you disbelieve that Golden State's coaching staff would have been able to make the requisite adjustments? They've done so throughout the playoffs (see: the Grizzlies, who were a more daunting threat than the Cavaliers); hell, even sidelining Andrew Bogut's plodding ass probably would have been enough. :oldlol:

Now, whether the Warriors can repeat this year is another question and one that I'm more skeptical about due to coaching-staff changeovers and downtime from Steve Kerr. However, only superficial mindsets can fully discredit the Warriors' championship from last year.

BoutPractice
10-21-2015, 06:02 AM
Pretty reasonable prediction.

In terms of odds I'd put them first, OKC second (likely Finals adversary... they will be a team on a mission) and San Antonio third (formidable on paper, not too sure about how the Aldridge thing works in practice).

Goro
10-21-2015, 06:09 AM

Well, we all knew the Eastern conference wouldn't.

dhsilv
10-21-2015, 06:19 AM
The Warriors should be doubted, everything went so perfect for them last year it's going to be hard to stay that healthy and consistent again this year.

It's always hard to do that...that's no different for the warriors than it is for anyone else. Cavs going to make the finals with Lebron and Love out?

All Net
10-21-2015, 06:32 AM
It's always hard to do that...that's no different for the warriors than it is for anyone else. Cavs going to make the finals with Lebron and Love out?

OKC are the same

They have barely been healthy for 4-5 years..just because a team is hurt one year doesn't mean it won't keep happening.

GS were healthy as they had great minute management

Sakkreth
10-21-2015, 07:39 AM
:biggums:

Bankaii
10-21-2015, 08:58 AM
A 40 year old grown man with the intelligence level of a 4 year old kid.
If you can't construct a decent argument go back to bed early grandpa.

Spurs5Rings2014
10-21-2015, 09:38 AM
If the Spurs have luck on their side, and are fully healthy come playoff time... Duncan becomes a 6x champion

:applause:

Straight_Ballin
10-21-2015, 10:38 AM
A 40 year old grown man with the intelligence level of a 4 year old kid.
If you can't construct a decent argument go back to bed early grandpa.

^
Another mental midget who can't grasp the fact that Lebron James teaming with Anthony Davis would be collusion. Keep the laughs coming in at your expense. :lol

RedBlackAttack
10-21-2015, 03:05 PM
... they won in Game 1 despite Kyrie Irving playing for most of the game (by the time he was injured, the Warriors already had a comfortable lead in the waning minutes of overtime).

It was 102-98 with 2:22 left in overtime when Thompson's knee connected with Irving's, causing the kneecap to completely fracture. If that is a "comfortable" lead, then we've seen a lot of huge comebacks over the years.

The other thing is, that injury didn't just materialize out of thin air. Irving had been dealing with a mysterious knee injury since the middle of the Chicago series. They diagnosed it "tendinitis," because that is the blanket term any knee injury is given when a guy is having a problem with it. The only problem was, unlike tendinitis, it wasn't getting better with rest. He'd look OK for a quarter or two and then be a shell of himself suddenly. He went to multiple doctors around the world and none could pinpoint exactly what the issue was, so he was reassured of the tendinitis diagnosis.

It is pretty obvious in retrospect that he was dealing with a fractured kneecap all along, and it was just too small to be seen on MRI imagery or on an x-ray. Just type "fracture misdiagnosed as tendinitis" into Google and thousands of cases pop up. The inflammation in the knee can cloud small fractures, making them invisible on the imagery.

The injury in the first game of the Finals only worsened it to the point where it could be seen through the clouds of swelling for the first time. Irving was playing at around 80% for that entire game ... better than he had been against Atlanta (where he was at about 60%), but still far from his normal self. His usual burst was almost completely nonexistent.

... Albeit, Kevin Love was sidelined; but considering how badly he's been marginalized as the third wheel in this Cavaliers' offense, his impact was far from indispensable.

That is just silly. The Cavs were a far better, far more versatile team with Kevin Love on the roster. Look beyond the boxscores and at the team's advanced numbers with Love on/off the floor.

During the regular season with Love on the court, the Cavs were a ridiculous 112.7 ORtg and giving up 105.3. That's a difference of +7.4.

When he was off the court, their offensive rating was 107.9, with a defensive rating of 108.3 (-0.4).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01/on-off/2015/

That is a huge differential and it shows that players matter in basketball whether they're putting up 25 shots or 15 shots. Love made our floor spacing awesome and, once Mozgov was brought over, his defense was not a problem (in fact, the numbers show the opposite).

The numbers were even more pronounced in the playoffs prior to his getting injured.

http://i.imgur.com/P5sBEJq.jpg

Look, the Warriors deserved to win a title. Part of winning it all is staying healthy and they were remarkable in that aspect. The Cavaliers were a tattered mess by the time the Finals rolled around. Even a guy like Iman Shumpert was a shell of himself in that series due to injury.

But, hey... that's all part of it. I'm just not going to sit here and pretend these injuries weren't a major factor in the outcome. That's silly.