PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you dance?

shlver
10-21-2015, 01:18 PM
A specific style? Dance at clubs or parties? What's your go to move?
I started popping 2 years ago and it has been the single biggest contribution to my recent success with women.

Here's a short freestyle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwZXWONtTnc
Let's see what ISH thinks. :lol

ace23
10-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Nah, that shit was cool though. Wouldn't expect your nerdy ass to get down like that.

imdaman99
10-21-2015, 01:32 PM
That Seth Rogen dice thing :oldlol:

But to answer, yes I can dance but I refuse to show it. Only when no one's watching :lol

hateraid
10-21-2015, 01:32 PM
Me and my old dance group are dressing as the Jabbawokees for Halloween. I used to b-boy/hip-hop back in the 90's. Got inspiration when I saw these old men on America's got talent.

PullupJay
10-21-2015, 01:33 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2mpx1e9.gif

GIF REACTION
10-21-2015, 01:34 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/2mpx1e9.gif
:roll: :roll:

Derka
10-21-2015, 01:43 PM
In two instances:

1.) Out with my girlfriend
2.) After a few beers

I'm told I'm not a *horrible* dancer, but I'm still self-conscious as f*ck about it until I drink some and loosen up a bit.

StephHamann
10-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Does raving on drugs count as dancing?

Shade8780
10-21-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm white, so no.

ZeN
10-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Im mexican so its a cultural requirement. I aint mad though, it allowed me to be up on females since i was a teen. Latinas love to dance.

shlver
10-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Im mexican so its a cultural requirement. I aint mad though, it allowed me to be up on females since i was a teen. Latinas love to dance.
I only go to latin clubs. Learning bachata and how to be sensually close opened so many doors.:lol

shlver
10-21-2015, 02:08 PM
That Seth Rogen dice thing :oldlol:

But to answer, yes I can dance but I refuse to show it. Only when no one's watching :lol
had to look up the reference but I definitely see it. :roll:

Akrazotile
10-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Whut!!!

Always thought OP was a middle aged white dude :lol

Mind = Blown

shlver
10-21-2015, 02:59 PM
Nah, that shit was cool though. Wouldn't expect your nerdy ass to get down like that.
Thanks for the feedback. I know ISH only gets one side of me from my posts.

shlver
10-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Me and my old dance group are dressing as the Jabbawokees for Halloween. I used to b-boy/hip-hop back in the 90's. Got inspiration when I saw these old men on America's got talent.
Did you battle in the 90's? I wish I was in a crew so I can enter competitions but haven't had the time.

Yoda
10-21-2015, 03:18 PM
http://likecool.com/Gear/Other/Gif%20Yoda%20Dance/Gif-Yoda-Dance.gif

brownboyfly
10-21-2015, 04:01 PM
I'ma just start dancing like Champagne Papi in the Hotline Bling visual. Salsa and everything.

JEFFERSON MONEY
10-21-2015, 04:03 PM
yeah

the less u think the better

TripleA
10-21-2015, 04:19 PM
I can do the swing and cha-cha-cha and salsa.
I know a couple of breaking dancing moves.

BigNBAfan
10-21-2015, 06:14 PM
Good work bud!

gigantes
10-21-2015, 06:44 PM
I started popping 2 years ago and it has been the single biggest contribution to my recent success with women.

good work, brokes. :cheers:

personally i prefer fast dancing to stuff like daft punk, in a "soul train line" style. then again that's the aerobophile in me talking, and it doesn't work for couples dancing unless you have a super-talented gal that can hang with you.

shlver
10-21-2015, 07:08 PM
yeah

the less u think the better
Definitely. Dancing has become my meditation time. Every morning I freestyle and I just focus on the music and my body.

shlver
10-21-2015, 07:10 PM
good work, brokes. :cheers:

personally i prefer fast dancing to stuff like daft punk, in a "soul train line" style. then again that's the aerobophile in me talking, and it doesn't work for couples dancing unless you have a super-talented gal that can hang with you.
I dance to fast stuff as well, there's some other vids on my channel if you want to check them out. Daft punk is good, I really like old school funk. I've been trying to incorporate more athletic moves but I've been enjoying grooving.

fsvr54
10-21-2015, 07:39 PM

I'm hispanic and I know tons of people that don't dance, including myself.

gigantes
10-21-2015, 08:02 PM
I dance to fast stuff as well, there's some other vids on my channel if you want to check them out. Daft punk is good, I really like old school funk. I've been trying to incorporate more athletic moves but I've been enjoying grooving.
old school funk is very much the kind of stuff in my head when i throw down. i'll look for your fast dancing stuff. oh, and i definitely prefer moving meditations to seated ones.

this is not that type of music right here, but check out the styles in this STL:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sHctA5PK9DE/mqdefault.jpg
Soul Train Line I Love Music O'Jays.mpg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHctA5PK9DE)

bonus pts-- the guy at 2:25 has got to have the (proportionally) longest legs i've ever seen in a human being... even with the pants emphasizing!

macmac
10-21-2015, 08:39 PM
I only grind on chicks, and get loose when I used to pop pills

overall, not a very coordinated dude but I can just kind of bob my head and chicks will approach me, so figured I don't really need to work on it

tmacattack33
10-21-2015, 09:11 PM

That's pretty good.

Is that something that can be learned or is it natural? Were you a good dancer naturally before you formally started practicing?

ArbitraryWater
10-21-2015, 09:40 PM
https://www.facebook.com/boji/videos/10153587902408971/

pretty much

shlver
10-22-2015, 12:12 AM
That's pretty good.

Is that something that can be learned or is it natural? Were you a good dancer naturally before you formally started practicing?
It can be learned. I'm athletic and my neuromuscular function is good so with practice I became better. I started dancing because I couldn't let lose and just dance so I took it as a challenge and started out with youtube videos, then branched into ballroom which opened my social life quite a bit.

Pushxx
10-22-2015, 12:52 AM
I'd like to learn more about dancing, but there isn't anywhere around me to. I wish there were some clubs or lessons or some shit.

MP.Trey
10-22-2015, 11:57 AM
I dance a f*ck load when I'm at the club. Just two stepping and doing stupid looking 2Chainz type shit(without the jewels lol). I probably look like a jackass to most but everyone else I see on the floor looks like one too so I ain't self conscious about that shit.

NBAplayoffs2001
10-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Nope but I always wish I could break dance.

KyrieTheFuture
10-22-2015, 03:08 PM
I don't drink so I'm always waaaay too self conscious unless it's like a small house party with close friends. Even then I only go for like 10 seconds

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 03:10 PM
You're certainly no natural, OP.

shlver
10-22-2015, 03:34 PM
You're certainly no natural, OP.
What do you mean?

Vaniiiia
10-22-2015, 04:21 PM
lol, what the ****?

Not how I envisioned you at all...

I watched half-way through, it was kinda boring. Pick up the pace a little, I don't find those moves particular impressive or fun to watch.

shlver
10-22-2015, 04:41 PM
lol, what the ****?

Not how I envisioned you at all...

I watched half-way through, it was kinda boring. Pick up the pace a little, I don't find those moves particular impressive or fun to watch.
I don't really dance to impress, I like to groove like I posted earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ew6gEXJS0
Here's a faster one. The last 30 sec I do some weird looking stuff, but I just do whatever comes to me when I freestyle and not really think about the next move.

bigkingsfan
10-22-2015, 04:47 PM
If I'm drunk enough.

Vaniiiia
10-22-2015, 04:55 PM
I don't really dance to impress, I like to groove like I posted earlier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ew6gEXJS0
Here's a faster one. The last 30 sec I do some weird looking stuff, but I just do whatever comes to me when I freestyle and not really think about the next move.
My bad I was just giving you a hard time because you're asian, and I didn't read the thread.

But yeah it this is your meditation, and you get to gain a skill in the process, have at it. I dance too.

You do seem pretty damn coordinated. I bet eventually you could throw in a couple back-flips or handstands. "DAMN DAT ASIAN BOY GOT MOVES!!!!!!"

Skip to 1:20 for some cool stuff you can try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG--Wb2VxUg

gigantes
10-22-2015, 05:18 PM
I bet eventually you could throw in a couple back-flips or handstands.
i doubt he wants to look like some kind of wind-up monkey toy. :lol

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 05:32 PM
What do you mean?

Cograts for having a new hobby and having fun with it but

you kinda suck. Too robotic. Not a natural fluid mover. You still have some chains to break

Keep practicing

Vaniiiia
10-22-2015, 05:34 PM
i doubt he wants to look like some kind of wind-up monkey toy. :lol
Not cool.

shlver
10-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Cograts for having a new hobby and having fun with it but

you kinda suck. Too robotic. Not a natural fluid mover. You still have some chains to break

Keep practicing
It'd be great to see a video of you dancing to see where this "critique" is coming from.

shlver
10-22-2015, 05:52 PM
My bad I was just giving you a hard time because you're asian, and I didn't read the thread.

But yeah it this is your meditation, and you get to gain a skill in the process, have at it. I dance too.

You do seem pretty damn coordinated. I bet eventually you could throw in a couple back-flips or handstands. "DAMN DAT ASIAN BOY GOT MOVES!!!!!!"

Skip to 1:20 for some cool stuff you can try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG--Wb2VxUg
Nah, I don't do bboying stuff. I've been working on a lot of footwork lately, and house dance has been my new focus. Your video had some basic house steps, but I don't like choreo and having set movements. I enjoy the freedom in freestyle.

ArbitraryWater
10-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Nice crib

gigantes
10-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Not cool.
it's not? :(

http://www.officeplayground.com/Assets/ProductPreview/pi4200-4399/4263_windupmikeythehandstandmonkey_1.jpg

i loves my monkey toys, but maybe i'm just immature. :S

DonDadda59
10-22-2015, 06:15 PM
It'd be great to see a video of you dancing to see where this "critique" is coming from.

And so the first ISH dance battle has commenced. Somebody finna get served :lebronamazed:

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 06:16 PM

Your range of motion is wack, both anatomically and environmentally.

Like I said, you're just not very fluid or good, have fun with it. Seems to have boosted your confidence.

However, High schoolers do this shit in the mornings waiting for their bus.
Not as a serious, studious pastime. As long as you know that tiny black kids do this before dinner just on a whim and without thought or preparation.

They wouldn't have mirror practiced such a 'routine' only to Youtube it and post for online approval.

But hey, at least you think you're down.

Good shit, hope it gets you laid a lot.

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 06:20 PM
And so the first ISH dance battle has commenced. Somebody finna get served :lebronamazed:

I actually had a GNARLEY dance battle this summer at Seacrets in Ocean city.That place is fun, like a carnival for adults

Shit was hilarious. This hammered dude kept pressin on my home girls who where just tryna dance with us and after awhile wouldn't leave them alone so I came out the woodworks and hit some mean cuts just to upstage this dude who was doin some weak bboy two steps, prolly just like what shlver does in the streets.

Anyway, I fancy footed this dude into oblivion but he just kept coming back and getting worked again. Ah, :oldlol:

I only dance maybe about 30% of the times I go out. I have to wanna do it and that isn't very often anymore as I grow more and more weathered of a cynical soul.

shlver could get the steps tho :pimp:

shlver
10-22-2015, 06:22 PM
I actually had a GNARLEY dance battle this summer at Seacrets in Ocean city.That place is fun, like a carnival for adults

Shit was hilarious. This hammered dude kept pressin on my home girls who where just tryna dance with us and after awhile wouldn't leave them alone so I came out the woodworks and hit some mean cuts just to upstage this dude who was doin some weak bboy two steps, prolly just like what shlver does in the streets.

Anyway, I fancy footed this dude into oblivion but he just kept coming back and getting worked again. Ah, :oldlol:

I only dance maybe about 30% of the times I go out. I have to wanna do it and that isn't very often anymore as I grow more and more weathered of a cynical soul.

shlver could get the steps tho :pimp:
You pick the song and time to record by. Let's see it.

ArbitraryWater
10-22-2015, 06:26 PM

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/MaleRuler/GIFs/tumblr-tumblr-mwdzaumxaa1rwj82wo1-400_zps9pbmezxl.gif (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/MaleRuler/media/GIFs/tumblr-tumblr-mwdzaumxaa1rwj82wo1-400_zps9pbmezxl.gif.html)

shlver
10-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Your range of motion is wack, both anatomically and environmentally.

Like I said, you're just not very fluid or good, have fun with it. Seems to have boosted your confidence.

However, High schoolers do this shit in the mornings waiting for their bus.
Not as a serious, studious pastime. As long as you know that tiny black kids do this before dinner just on a whim and without thought or preparation.

They wouldn't have mirror practiced such a 'routine' only to Youtube it and post for online approval.

But hey, at least you think you're down.

Good shit, hope it gets you laid a lot.
Mirror practice? routine?
Enough typing, just pick a song and we both record and upload by a certain time.

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 06:32 PM
I would never subject myself to an 'online dance battle.' Like uploading segments and responses? That's some serious corn. I'm too old school to even date online, let alone take recreational dancing, which neither of us are even good at with a competitive fervor.

Are you serious bro?

Like, it was bad enough I did it out at the beach. Hilarious and memorable but the fact I did it in all white Air Force Ones made me feel like it was the millennium year again

Ppl take dance battles seriously still?

I was just busting your balls man. I enjoy ppl who take enjoyment in their past times enough to record it.

Hell, I do it sometimes.

https://instagram.com/p/4270azDCux/?taken-by=freshcutroc

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Mirror practice? routine?
Enough typing, just pick a song and we both record and upload by a certain time.

:biggums:

This dude is REALLY serious about this dancing thing.

This guy comin at me like he wants to rumble Greaser-Soc style :oldlol:

shlver
10-22-2015, 06:33 PM
I would never subject myself to an 'online dance battle.' Like uploading segments and responses? That's some serious corn. I'm too old school to even date online, let alone take recreational dancing, which neither of us are even good at with a competitive fervor.

Are you serious bro?

Like, it was bad enough I did it out at the beach. Hilarious and memorable but the fact I did it in all white Air Force Ones made me feel like it was the millennium year again

Ppl take dance battles seriously still?

I was just busting your balls man. I enjoy ppl who take enjoyment in their past times enough to record it.

Hell, I do it sometimes.

https://instagram.com/p/4270azDCux/?taken-by=freshcutroc
So you're backing out. Typical.

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 06:34 PM
'Enough typing. Let's FINISH this.' - shlver

Dude is the climax Master Shredder of living room fun

DonDadda59

Oh Lord... I didn't think it was actually going down...

http://img.pandawhale.com/105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif

ArbitraryWater
:biggums:

This dude is REALLY serious about this dancing thing.

This guy comin at me like he wants to rumble Greaser-Soc style :oldlol:

I think you went too far with the online approval shit.. this is ISH, we doin' things different here :rockon: Now go with it and have this battle

shlver
10-22-2015, 06:35 PM
:ohwell: Thought this would bring some fun to the OTC but rocsteady's a *****.

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 06:36 PM
So you're backing out. Typical.

Chill out, 5th Avenue Bruce Lee.

I don't want to be yet another victim of your disciplined prowess.

I may not have studied in the temple enough to have mastered the craft like you.

I could end up like Bad Guy # 89 on a prop table or something.

Meditate in the chambers and then you will have all your combos down for outside the Bodega tomorrow afternoon

shlver
10-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Chill out, 5th Avenue Bruce Lee.

I don't want to be yet another victim of your disciplined prowess.

I may not have studied in the temple enough to have mastered the craft like you.

I could end up like Bad Guy # 89 on a prop table or something.

Meditate in the chambers and then you will have all your combos down for outside the Bodega tomorrow afternoon
so much typing.

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm cracking up at how serious you are with an online dance battle to be put on a msg board.

Calm down, you will have other chances to dominate the game.

Go to a beach club like I did. Opportunities will be there to Unleash The Dragon

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 06:41 PM
I hope you one day find validation in cutting the rug and that it in turn, helps you munch some rug. If you're into the 70s type maintenance that is

shlver
10-22-2015, 06:42 PM
So riled up, double posting and sht. Deflection at its finest.

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 06:44 PM
You did hit a nice little jawn at :27

Laser focus reminiscent of MJ

shlver
10-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Disappointing. We coulda been part of something big that brought life back to the OTC, but rocsteady be posting 5 selfies on ISH.:lol

Clifton
10-22-2015, 06:50 PM
I have a good sense of rhythm, but my self-consciousness is insurmountable. So I can't freestyle, I can only dance if I'm starting with a "kind" of dance that I "know". If that makes sense.

I hate when people dance freestyle / un-selfconsciously, making it up as they go along. It feels like a reproach. I have no idea what to do.

Also, I'm very good at dancing with my wife and crap at dancing in every other situation.

Bandito
10-22-2015, 06:51 PM
no.

shlver
10-22-2015, 07:00 PM
I have a good sense of rhythm, but my self-consciousness is insurmountable. So I can't freestyle, I can only dance if I'm starting with a "kind" of dance that I "know". If that makes sense.

I hate when people dance freestyle / un-selfconsciously, making it up as they go along. It feels like a reproach. I have no idea what to do.

Also, I'm very good at dancing with my wife and crap at dancing in every other situation.
I was the same exact way. I would recommend starting out with groove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJZknvRkqk This is a good video. It doesn't show the lower body, but bouncing slightly by bending your knees is essentially what you want or a basic two step.
Just groove to all types of music, listen to the sounds and try grooving to it. As you get comfortable with that, you'll feel the music more and you'll have foundation to base other movements on.

EDIT:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmfWBnlqHGI 0:05 for full body perspective.

ROCSteady
10-22-2015, 07:09 PM
You really wanted this, didn't you?

My bad bro, after I realized how much you wanted to Step Up, I about caved into demand and placated you.

Then I realized I would be uploading dance battle footage online and my gangsta ass Jiminy Cricket told me it's not worth it just to answer the challenges of a dance assassin such as yourself.

I could have kids one day, don't want my unborns to never have a chance in this world, you know?

shlver
10-22-2015, 07:10 PM
You really wanted this, didn't you?

My bad bro, after I realized how much you wanted to Step Up, I about caved into demand and placated you.

Then I realized I would be uploading dance battle footage online and my gangsta ass Jiminy Cricket told me it's not worth it just to answer the challenges of a dance assassin such as yourself.

I could have kids one day, don't want my unborns to never have a chance in this world, you know?
:ohwell:

ace23
10-22-2015, 09:12 PM
Roc trollin hard af

Jailblazers7
10-22-2015, 09:32 PM
I dance but mostly as a fun way to get out of my own head. I don't know any types of dance and have never put effort into it but I have a good feel for music and like to let loose. It's a pretty liberating feeling and it's a good way to be flirty and goofy at a bar/club.

gigantes
10-22-2015, 10:00 PM

It takes time to freestyle... well, freely and skillfully. I mean some things in life are meant to be hard for lots of us, you know?

I was completely clueless upon dancing until 2nd yr of college... then a little circle of viet, japanese and indian friends dragged me out to the clubs, and that's when i realised that dancing is just too great to pass up.

The (mainly racquet) sports that I played somehow worked perfectly in to freestyle, FWIW. But I would think other sports could give you a similar head start, like swimming and gymnastics, maybe.

Idea: take turns with your wife doing whatever free moves you like. Whatever the other one does, the partner imitates as best as possible. Don't set high standards... think about it as a 3rd-grade dance with all that same freedom to experiment. :cheers:

tmacattack33
10-23-2015, 04:24 PM
I kinda want to see this online dance battle. Do it yall.

ROCSteady
10-23-2015, 04:32 PM
I once had a dance off with Zack the Black Ranger. The room went silent with each person walking and choosing sides. I had Jeanne Tripplehorn cheering me on and cleaning my sweat. Zack came at me with a classical Charleston dance and for a minute there it was over, but my gal Jeanne barked at me with inspirational whisper that I would never forget,

''It's finished. Yes, I'm finished. I don't want no more of this. I don't want no more of it! You understand? None of it! It's over with!"
[Jeanne walks away from the crowd in frustration]

I then pulled my pants up and did the most amazing ''Robot'' the world had ever seen. I lost consciousness for a second, when I woke..I found myself in a beach somewhere with Jordana Brewster drinking from a giant coconut and Vin Diesel giving me a hug.

shlver come at me bro you can't mess with Black Ranger status

shlver
10-23-2015, 05:13 PM
I once had a dance off with Zack the Black Ranger. The room went silent with each person walking and choosing sides. I had Jeanne Tripplehorn cheering me on and cleaning my sweat. Zack came at me with a classical Charleston dance and for a minute there it was over, but my gal Jeanne barked at me with inspirational whisper that I would never forget,

''It's finished. Yes, I'm finished. I don't want no more of this. I don't want no more of it! You understand? None of it! It's over with!"
[Jeanne walks away from the crowd in frustration]

I then pulled my pants up and did the most amazing ''Robot'' the world had ever seen. I lost consciousness for a second, when I woke..I found myself in a beach somewhere with Jordana Brewster drinking from a giant coconut and Vin Diesel giving me a hug.

shlver come at me bro you can't mess with Black Ranger status
Whatever you type doesnt change youre still a bitch. Record a minute freestyle. Itll take less time than it took for you to look through your selfies and and post the 5 best to show your "versatility" to ish. :roll:

ROCSteady
10-23-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm an OG in the Post a Pic thread so couldn't abandon it. It's been ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7A2mrkpXZg

Black Ranger Status

shlver
10-24-2015, 03:35 AM
I'm an OG in the Post a Pic thread so couldn't abandon it. It's been ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7A2mrkpXZg

Black Ranger Status
What's it take to become an og? Post pictures of me reading? No normal person thinks "I really should take a picture of me reading" when reading a ****ing book. :lol What's with you taking so many pictures of yourself anyways? Another example of your bitch like behavior.

gigantes
10-26-2015, 03:29 PM
nothing like combining business with pleasure.

http://img.izismile.com/img/img8/20151026/1000/daily_gifdump_933_26.gif

shlver
11-09-2015, 02:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSZ5vq3OW3w

Check this video out and tell me what you guys think.

ROCSteady
11-09-2015, 03:15 AM
Killed that one :applause:

ace23
11-09-2015, 04:07 AM
shlver ate that ho :oldlol: :applause:

BasedTom
11-09-2015, 04:28 AM
grinding should be a competitive sport