PDA

View Full Version : Nearly all the experts are picking the Cavs to win the title...

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 10:09 PM
Talk about no excuses.

I mean literally...NO EXCUSES.

If they don't win a title coming out of the weakest conference in NBA history, playing with the most stacked team in the NBA, it will be the biggest choke/debacle in NBA history.

And that is LITERAL hyperbole.

Thesmallmamba
10-21-2015, 10:10 PM
Nearly all experts are calling Kobe the biggest cancer in sports history

Whos right, whos wrong? :wtf:

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Nearly all experts are calling Kobe the biggest cancer in sports history

Whos right, whos wrong? :wtf:

They're right.

Kobe's a cancer to opposition because he eats them alive.

Foster5k
10-21-2015, 10:17 PM
The praise before the fall.

These so called expert talking heads are just building up the story for the inevitable fall. No matter who wins the NBA Finals, the bigger story will be LeBron losing yet another Finals and will he leave Cleveland, etc.

Straight_Ballin
10-21-2015, 10:18 PM
2/7

outbreak
10-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Lebron's teams are always the favourites going in to the season aren't they? Then when other teams have a good regular season compared to his teams his stans claim underdog as if lebron doesnt' cruise in the regular season

JT123
10-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Tristan signing makes the Cavs a little better, but the team is still far from being favorites. Love is basically still a playoff virgin, and Kyrie is still basically a Finals virgin.
If people honestly expect an aging and injured Lebron to win a chip with 2 players COMPLETELY LACKING IN EXPERIENCE then they must think he's ten times the player MJ was. :eek:

poido123
10-21-2015, 10:21 PM
None.

It's absurd the supporting cast he gets for the talented player he is.

Should have more titles if he was made of that GOAT material.

Foster5k
If people honestly expect an aging and injured Lebron to win a chip with 2 players COMPLETELY LACKING IN EXPERIENCE then they must think he's ten times the player MJ was. :eek:
Talent > experience

Thesmallmamba
None.

What years should he have won, where he didnt?

SouBeachTalents
10-21-2015, 10:22 PM
So I guess expert opinions only matter some of the time

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=340106

SouBeachTalents
10-21-2015, 10:23 PM
What years should he have won, where he didnt?

Only 2011 imo

Straight_Ballin
Talent > experience

curse of Cleveland >>>>>>> talent > experience

I'm telling you, 2/7.

KirbyPls
Talk about no excuses.

I mean literally...NO EXCUSES.

If they don't win a title coming out of the weakest conference in NBA history, playing with the most stacked team in the NBA, it will be the biggest choke/debacle in NBA history.

And that is LITERAL hyperbole.

So a literal exaggeration? :lol

SouBeachTalents
Talent > experience

Then why does everyone always diminish the 2012 Thunder?

Thesmallmamba
10-21-2015, 10:24 PM
curse of Cleveland >>>>>>> talent > experience

I'm telling you, 2/7.

Then how cursed was Jordan to end up 1-9?

Straight_Ballin
10-21-2015, 10:29 PM

Not as cursed as Lebron obviously seeing as how after his 6th trip to the finals he was 6/6 whereas lebron was only 2/6. :pimp:

JT123
10-21-2015, 10:31 PM
Talent > experience
How long have you been following the NBA young man? How did the 2012 Thunder, (with 3 mvp caliber players) lose to the 2012 Heat who were injured and less talented. How did the 98 Lakers with half the West's all stars get swept by the 98 Jazz? :confusedshrug:
Experience matters young buck. A LOT

Straight_Ballin
10-21-2015, 10:40 PM
How long have you been following the NBA young man? How did the 2012 Thunder, (with 3 mvp caliber players) lose to the 2012 Heat who were injured and less talented. How did the 98 Lakers with half the West's all stars get swept by the 98 Jazz? :confusedshrug:
Experience matters young buck. A LOT

But not as much as talent. How did Portland in 76 win it all with a weighted age of just 24.99? Or the Lakers in 80 with a weighted age of just 25.70? These are very young teams when you take the average ages of all the players into account yet they had the TALENT to win.

To help you put this into perspective, the weighted age of the Heat in 2012 was 30.07

JT123
10-21-2015, 10:43 PM
But not as much as talent. How did Portland in 76 win it all with a weighted age of just 24.99? Or the Lakers in 80 with a weighted age of just 25.70? These are very young teams when you take the average ages of all the players into account yet they had the TALENT to win.

To help you put this into perspective, the weighted age of the Heat in 2012 was 30.07
I wasn't alive back then. :lol Most of the posters on here aren't as old as you gramps.

Straight_Ballin
10-21-2015, 10:48 PM
I wasn't alive back then. :lol Most of the posters on here aren't as old as you gramps.

Yet you give foster a hard time about him being too young to know anything about ball. :lol

JT123
10-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Yet you give foster a hard time about him being too young to know anything about ball. :lol
I know the history of the game going back 25 years. I think that's long enough.

Thesmallmamba
10-21-2015, 11:04 PM

Pathetic 40 year old virgin :lol

All Net
10-22-2015, 02:49 AM
It's because of the odds. Whoever wins the west has a far tougher time winning it Than cavs will the east.

Mr. Jabbar
10-22-2015, 02:52 AM
The KING wins it all this season. DEAL WITH IT HATERS. And if he doesn't I'm fkn done with that loser.

NZStreetBaller
10-22-2015, 03:02 AM
As much as i hate lebron. The entire western conference is a perfect excuse. He simply cant beat the intense competition over there. Hense 2/6. Winning the ECF however yes no excuses.

Just face it. The only reason lebron has made 5 consecutive finals is because hes not amongst the best teams during the playoffs. Making the finals in the east = winning 2 games in the first round of the west. Real talk

poido123
10-22-2015, 03:45 AM
I give them an outside chance but that Cleveland losing curse is strong and Lebron is over the hill now.

:lol

SwayDizzle
10-22-2015, 07:23 AM
We've already seen the biggest choke job in NBA history in the 2011 finals. Why you getting all worked up about a potential scenario that could not possibly be worse?

Gileraracer
10-22-2015, 07:57 AM
I hope my KING will not disapoint me again. We, the KING stans, had enough disapointments and it's ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No collusions, no flops, no travels, no chokes no cramps nothing.

Enough my KANG, can you hear me?????

poido123
10-22-2015, 07:58 AM
I know the history of Lebrons d.ick going back to when he first started. I think that's long enough.

Fixed.

stalkerforlife
10-22-2015, 09:46 AM
The KING wins it all this season. DEAL WITH IT HATERS. And if he doesn't I'm fkn done with that loser.

:roll:

All Net
10-22-2015, 01:32 PM
If cavs are healthy on paper they may well have the best team imo

Very talented however can they stay healthy?

Wally450
10-22-2015, 02:58 PM
Everyones sleeping on the Spurs

RedBlackAttack
10-22-2015, 03:13 PM
That is hard to imagine.

All Net
10-22-2015, 03:27 PM
huh? People are rating them just fine

GMs have them favourites to come out the west. While many see them winning over 60 which i disagree with on both.

People are basically thinking LA is going to be the difference from first round to championship even though parker, manu and even Duncan should be worse. They have lost their backcourt depth even though their front court is clearly improved

I know people have said this for years but at some point he will slow down enough to not make enough of an impact

If Spurs are going to win it all this year then Kawhi and LA are the guys to lead them.

Rocketswin2013
10-22-2015, 03:50 PM
For good reason.

In the last 35 games in which the Love-LeBron-Irving trio played together: 32-3

coin24
10-22-2015, 03:53 PM
2/7

Incoming shit push in from the spurs:lol

oh the horror
10-22-2015, 04:37 PM
These experts gain their credentials from a crackerjack box.

But the only main obstacle IMO is their health and that's a big concern. Kevin Love and Irving get injured a bit so managing them throughout the season is key.

Also if Bron is already getting shots for his back they need to manage his minutes. You can't have dude playing massive amounts and dragging his corpse into the playoffs.

oh the horror
10-22-2015, 04:38 PM

I like how you literally just make up shit and act like people around here aren't going to clown your ass :oldlol:

Lebron23
10-22-2015, 05:21 PM
For good reason.

In the last 35 games in which the Love-LeBron-Irving trio played together: 32-3

Good Posts.

You makes too much sense in this forum. ISH is not the place to discuss basketball. Only 20% play basketball, and understand the game.

Hey Yo
10-22-2015, 05:24 PM
None.

:cry: it's not fair :cry:

ArbitraryWater
10-22-2015, 06:15 PM
None.

Why, like, the non trolling self of yours should be mature enough to acknowledge that he would be at 3 titles in 5 years with a quality team, which is, great :biggums:

The fact the experts pick them shows they know a healthy Cavs team IS and WAS the best.

Lebron23
10-22-2015, 06:23 PM
Get a better job Justin. You F*cking b1tch @$$ is a grown man, and still trolling in some Basketball forum.

stalkerforlife
10-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Get a better job Justin. You F*cking b1tch @$$ is a grown man, and still trolling in some Basketball forum.

Do you know who you're talking to like that? I'm an ISH legend and you're out of line.

Lebron23
10-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Do you know who you're talking to like that? I'm an ISH legend and you're out of line.

I still love you brah!!

:oldlol: :lol :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
10-22-2015, 07:28 PM
I still love you brah!!

:oldlol: :lol :oldlol:

:cheers:

90sgoat
10-22-2015, 08:37 PM
huh? People are rating them just fine

GMs have them favourites to come out the west. While many see them winning over 60 which i disagree with on both.

People are basically thinking LA is going to be the difference from first round to championship even though parker, manu and even Duncan should be worse. They have lost their backcourt depth even though their front court is clearly improved

I know people have said this for years but at some point he will slow down enough to not make enough of an impact

If Spurs are going to win it all this year then Kawhi and LA are the guys to lead them.

A lot depends on if Parker was just injured last season or if that really is all he is capable to do. Parker basically threw the series for Spurs last playoffs.

The West is going to be very tough for Spurs, but the team is created very well to counter the Cavs. I think people will realize just how much Splitter held the team back offensively. Spurs now have two elite offensive power forwards in West and LMA who will bring it to either Love or TT on defense, forcing them to spend a lot of energy on defense and for both guarding LMA will have to step further out from the basket, limiting their ability to rebound.

That allows Duncan to do his thing against Mozgov and likely get him in foul trouble.

Kawhi is the Lebron stopper so there's that, but the real achilles heel is who is going to guard Irving. Parker has no chance and it is doubtfull if Popovich will let Mills start. My feeling is that Manu is pretty much done now and is really in 10 minute territory to be effective.

The challenge is the athletic teams of the West, Clippers and OKC who have dynamic point guards and atlethic bigs who can run the floor against Spurs bigs.

DMAVS41
10-22-2015, 09:00 PM
You guys have to remember that a lot of this is because the Cavs are in the East.

If the Warriors or Spurs were in the East instead of the Cavs...they'd be the favorites overall.

It's simply so much harder to get out of the West that by default the Cavs have to be the favorite.

Thesmallmamba
10-22-2015, 09:01 PM
You guys have to remember that a lot of this is because the Cavs are in the East.

If the Warriors or Spurs were in the East instead of the Cavs...they'd be the favorites overall.

It's simply so much harder to get out of the West that by default the Cavs have to be the favorite.

LOL?

Hawks 60 win team

Bulls 50 win team

Raps potential 50 wins

Wizards potential 50 wins

DMAVS41
10-22-2015, 09:03 PM
LOL?

Hawks 60 win team

Bulls 50 win team

Raps potential 50 wins

If those teams are so good...why are their odds to win it so far below the elite West teams...who play in a tougher conference?

Do you actually think the Hawks are as good as the Spurs? Please answer.

Thesmallmamba
10-22-2015, 09:07 PM
If those teams are so good...why are their odds to win it so far below the elite West teams...who play in a tougher conference?

Do you actually think the Hawks are as good as the Spurs? Please answer.

Its all matchups

Hawks won a lot more games in the regular season (like 8-10 more)

Hawks have a better bench

Hawks have better shooters

Hawks went to the ECF, while Spurs lost in the 1st round

Obviously the Spurs are better now with Aldridge, but I could easily see last years Hawks beat the Spurs in the Finals :confusedshrug:

sportjames23
10-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Its all matchups

Obviously the Spurs are better now with Aldridge, but I could easily see last years Hawks beat the Spurs in the Finals :confusedshrug:

No excuses. Your team is favored to come out of the East.

Uncle Drew
10-22-2015, 09:38 PM
I give them an outside chance but that Cleveland losing curse is strong and Lebron is over the hill now.

:lol
No matter how bad he is, he'll always beat the Bulls.

stalkerforlife
10-22-2015, 10:07 PM
LOL?

Hawks 60 win team

Bulls 50 win team

Raps potential 50 wins

poido123
10-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Its all matchups

This idiot trying his best to build up Lebron's frail legacy :oldlol: