PDA

View Full Version : Noah set to come off the bench for the Bulls.

Upgrayedd
10-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Do the Bulls now have the best bench in the league? I'm so happy they made this move. I've wanted this for a long time. Noah and Gasol were terrible starting together. Both are legit centers and then you had no true center coming off the bench but instead two power forwards with Mirotic and Taj.

Bulls bench:

C: Noah
PF: Taj/Bobby Portis
SF: McDermott
SG: Snell/Hinrich/Jordan Crawford
PG: Aaron Brooks/Hinrich/E'Twaun Moore

Fallen Angel
10-21-2015, 10:54 PM
wait what

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 10:55 PM
New coach has big balls. Noah showing great humility.

Bench looks fantastic.

Unfortunately, it'll just be for fun and a little playoff success. Rose is their only hope for a title and he can't stay healthy.

Upgrayedd
10-21-2015, 10:56 PM
wait what

Noah is coming off the bench this season. Gasol and Mirotic will start and Noah and Taj will come off the bench.

Dr. Ice
10-21-2015, 10:56 PM
Bulls already crumbling

Fallen Angel
10-21-2015, 11:01 PM
I didn't even know about this happening.

I mean it makes sense offensively, but a healthy Noah is too valuable to waste.

SwishSquared
10-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Their interior D will likely be awful with that Mirotic-Gasol pairing. Will help boost the floor spacing, but the coaching staff definitively needs to better manage the rotations/lineups to get a better mix of offense/defense than Thibs did.

I think Snell will start until Dunleavy Jr. returns from his rehab, too.

FreezingTsmoove
10-21-2015, 11:21 PM
Great ballz by Hoiberg. I know he rips his wife every other night

Cocaine80s
10-21-2015, 11:24 PM
That bench is completely average lol. Why would you think they have the best bench in the league? :oldlol:

nathanjizzle
10-21-2015, 11:41 PM
mirotic needs to prove alot to have a starting job over portis. jo hasnt been good enough to start in a while.

nathanjizzle
10-21-2015, 11:42 PM
That bench is completely average lol. Why would you think they have the best bench in the league? :oldlol:

portis is most likely the 6th man of the year.

Fallen Angel
10-21-2015, 11:53 PM
I could see the Bulls moving on from Noah in general even though he's a Top 5 center in the league when healthy.

KembaWalker
10-22-2015, 01:14 AM
Ew Gasol and Mirotic front court? Where's the defense

Rather Gasol and Gibson starting, pair Mirotic with Noah

Thesmallmamba
10-22-2015, 01:22 AM
So f*cking stacked. The 2014 DPOY is coming off the bench? :biggums:

bdreason
10-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Best frontcourt rotation in the league. Noah and Gibson... off the bench? Yes, please.

Akrazotile
10-22-2015, 02:19 AM

This what Id have thought as well

Gileraracer
10-22-2015, 02:52 AM
Finally, that move was necessary. Noah offense is not existent and his defense wasn't good last year

salwan
10-22-2015, 03:19 AM
Finally, that move was necessary. Noah offense is not existent and his defense wasn't good last year

this. I would be very concerned by his regression, if I were a bulls fan.

dude looked shot physically and smart defenses are starting to ignore him on offense.

KelticForce1349
10-22-2015, 03:24 AM

Yeah...something like this. I was thinking it was time for Gibson to start and play with Gasol as the Center. Noah off the bench with Mirotic seems better suited for offense and defense and then Bobby Portis can get clean up minutes playing either position.

Oh well... that is what NBA2K16 is for! :lol

poido123
10-22-2015, 03:32 AM
Hoiberg with the big balls.

:applause:

Needs to be done and I like the Gasol/Mirotic pairing. They will work together well playing on the national team together.

As long as Snell plays the other wing, we can neutralise much of the leakage by having two good defensive players guarding the most important positions.

Not a lot of big men can burn you down low, but a lot of wing players in the league can crush you.

LOL at the idiots in here pretending like they know anything about the Bulls.

:oldlol:

The league today is moving on fast from Noah's type of game, particularly if he's lost a step. I think the Bulls want to groom Mirotic for that Starting position and have maybe portis takeover the centre position once noah and gasol come off the books(I assume at least one leaves).

poido123
10-22-2015, 03:37 AM
Bulls already crumbling

:lol

Hawks about to be outscored by a bulls team this playoffs.

You heard :D

SpanishACB
10-22-2015, 08:31 AM
should be Gasol C with Taj PF and Noah C with Mirotic PF

JellyBean
10-22-2015, 08:59 AM
Noah is smart. Being on the 2nd unit is huge. Good move, Noah.

livingby3's
10-23-2015, 07:37 AM
I wish Hornacek had such balls

90sgoat
10-23-2015, 07:48 AM
Gasol is a good defender and very good man to man big defender - if and only if - he gets his touches on offense.

It is what it is, if you don't feed the big guy on offense he isn't going to defend the rim on defense.

I should think Mirotic is a liability on defense against power forwards, but with the current small ball the league is moving towards then perhaps it will work out.

I honestly think the Bulls should try to trade away either Noah or Taj. Both are stuck in the past and don't want to give up time to Gasol. Taj should be able to bring in some decent young players.

Real Men Wear Green
10-23-2015, 08:06 AM
With Thibodeau gone and Noah getting this reduced role it's looking like the Bulls are deemphasizing defense. I doubt the improvement in offense justifies that. As of right now Cleveland, Miami, Washington and maybe Milwaukee are looking like better teams. But I bet that if he can stay healthy Hoiberg ends up starting Noah before the season is over.

Captvic
10-23-2015, 05:05 PM
I think it would be better to bench gasol and start Noah + Mirotic but nice move nonetheless. In this league you need a stretch 4

bluechox2
10-23-2015, 05:13 PM
it would of made more sense to bench gasol and start noah

seems like they gonna run gasol to the injured list when playoffs come

coach must be a colluder for lebron