PDA

View Full Version : GMs have spoke.. they want Anthony Davis over Bran

bobopenguin
10-21-2015, 10:54 PM
http://i.dongtw.com/2015/10/12031368_10153570593536006_440342030245053953_o.jp g

i am a big time bron fan... but i concur with this.

JT123
10-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Considering that Bron is about to be 31 they'd be idiots not to. :wtf:
The fact that Lebron got any votes over Davis at all speaks volumes about his greatness. :bowdown:

SouBeachTalents
10-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Shocking news really. Never thought they'd take a 22 year old center over a 30 year old, past his prime forward

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 10:59 PM
Shocking news really. Never thought they'd take a 22 year old center over a 30 year old, past his prime forward

Look at this hidden excuse and lie...

Bran is in his prime. 28-32 is prime for NBA players.

Nice try.

fragokota
10-21-2015, 10:59 PM
I hope that you do understand that they take age in consideration right kid? Ofc you take AD to build around a new team over 31 years old Lebron.

SouBeachTalents
10-21-2015, 11:00 PM

Nice try.

He's still a top 5 player, but LeBron is clearly not at '09-'13 level anymore

KirbyPls
10-21-2015, 11:01 PM
Well penciled, hairline Stan, typically a normal person takes the the phenomenal, 22-year-old near 7-footer with crazy athleticism and skills over the 30-year-old Legend to start a franchise.

The fact that the 30-year-old is even in the conversation is pudding proof of how grrr-eat LBJ is.

Great thread by the way; excellent, poignant analysis. :applause:

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 11:01 PM
He's still a top 5 player, but LeBron is clearly not at '09-'13 level anymore

So you admit, while in his prime, he has declined due to his lack of skill. We said it all along.

KirbyPls
10-21-2015, 11:02 PM
So you admit, while in his prime, he has declined due to his lack of skill. We said it all along.

Or, you know ~41,000 minutes.

bobopenguin
10-21-2015, 11:03 PM
maybe the hidden msg didnt get across to u guys.

GMs didnt even consider players like harden, westbrook, curry, cousins, Kawhi, Towns, Wiggins, Okafor, D'angelo, all these so called stars or super stars or potential condidates.

the statement has sent across: right now only these 3 are relevant, worthy franchise players discussion.

so pls do ISH a favor, when u wanna start a topic with top (number) players, bare in mind, top 3 are locked and others are fillers.

JT123
10-21-2015, 11:04 PM

Nice try.
So when Boston's big 3 teamed up they were in their primes? Cause this is how old those guys were at the time. :lol
Let's see Kobe stanleys try to spin their way out of this

stalkerforlife
Or, you know ~41,000 minutes.

That's what I thought.

SouBeachTalents
maybe the hidden msg didnt get across to u guys.

GMs didnt even consider players like harden, westbrook, curry, cousins, Kawhi, Towns, Wiggins, Okafor, D'angelo, all these so called stars or super stars or potential condidates.

the statement has sent across: right now only these 3 are relevant, worthy franchise players discussion.

What hidden message, look at your thread title dumbass

KirbyPls
10-21-2015, 11:05 PM
:lol at Durant getting the same percentage of the vote whilst 3 plus years (and thousands of minutes) younger in actual Court time. :lol

RRR3
10-21-2015, 11:06 PM
There are some truly stupid people on this board.

Straight_Ballin
If were going to be talking about age 30 let's add some context to all this.

Jordan was just finishing up his first 3 peat at age 30. Put him on the list at age 30 at this point in time today and not a single GM is taking anyone but Jordan. He'd be at 100%. Looks like the GM's of today don't have much confidence in Bron at age 30. I mean, Jordan "only" came back at age 32 and the next 3 full seasons that he played he 3-peated.....

KirbyPls
That's what I thought.

You don't think. Be real bruh.

RRR3
You don't think. Be real bruh.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

bobopenguin
10-21-2015, 11:07 PM
What hidden message, look at your thread title dumbass

hence: a "hidden" msg.

dumbass.

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 11:07 PM
So when Boston's big 3 teamed up they were in their primes? Cause this is how old those guys were at the time. :lol

Um, why do you think they won a title with one of the greatest teams in NBA history? None of them were ever considered the greatest player in the league, anyway. They were all great second fiddles that had to come together to get it done.

fragokota
10-21-2015, 11:08 PM

Jordan was just finishing up his first 3 peat at age 30. Put him on the list at age 30 at this point in time today and not a single GM is taking anyone but Jordan. He'd be at 100%. Looks like the GM's of today don't have much confidence in Bron at age 30. I mean, Jordan "only" came back at age 32 and the next 3 full seasons that he played he 3-peated.....

GOAT... but besides Jordan who else in their 30's would you pick over a 22 years old AD?

TripleA
10-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Um, why do you think they won a title with one of the greatest teams in NBA history? None of them were ever considered the greatest player in the league, anyway. They were all great second fiddles that had to come together to get it done.

Kg was considered the best player at one point.
Paul pierce was a Melo like player and Ray Allen was a star in the supersonics.

KirbyPls

Of course the GOAT has insecurity about the "mental grind of defending the Bulls' title (with a stacked team), so he took a almost two seasons off. Context, my good sir. context.

Also, MJ hid out at Dizzy Dean's amateur lounge for a few years to get "ready" to ball with the pros.

RRR3
GMs would pick AD over 30+ year old Jordan too you senile old ****.

LoneyROY7

Kevin Garnett was the MVP in 2004.

RRR3
10-21-2015, 11:10 PM

Lawd Gawdbe was robbed

Fully expecting this answer.

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 11:11 PM
GOAT... but besides Jordan who else in their 30's would you pick over a 22 years old AD?

Kobe won back to back titles at 30 and 31.

:roll:

Bran is declining rapidly due to lack of skill.

KirbyPls
10-21-2015, 11:12 PM

Ouch. :lol :applause:

stalkerforlife
Kg was considered the best player at one point.
Paul pierce was a Melo like player and Ray Allen was a star in the supersonics.

Who in their right mind ever considered KG a true #1 option and best player in the world? That's insane.

Straight_Ballin

I have high hopes for AD. He could very well de-throne MJ some day.

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 11:13 PM

:facepalm

Nash won back to back MVP awards.

Who cares about that useless award?

fragokota
10-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Kobe won back to back titles at 30 and 31.

Bran is declining rapidly due to lack of skill.

Bro i ain't no stan of Lebron, so don;t push your Lebron/ Kobe aganda on me. Cut the bs...It's only MJ and that's it.

KirbyPls
10-21-2015, 11:14 PM
Lakers and the leagues best front court won back to back titles at 30 and 31.

Bran is being compared, at almost 31, to a generational talent to start a franchise.

:applause:

SouBeachTalents
10-21-2015, 11:14 PM
Who in their right mind ever considered KG a true #1 option and best player in the world? That's insane.

Let me guess, you're one of the LeBron haters that claims Bosh was a superstar. But apparently MVP/DPOY winner KG wasn't a #1 option

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 11:15 PM
Bro i ain't no stan of Lebron, so don;t push your Lebron/ Kobe aganda on me. Cut the bs...It's only MJ and that's it.

Love the picture of Jwill, but don't you ever disrespect me on these forums.

fragokota
10-21-2015, 11:16 PM

No need for that man, you're doing a pretty good job yourself :lol

RRR3
10-21-2015, 11:16 PM
Give stalker credit. It's amazing he can actually even form thoughts at a level high enough to type relatively decent sentences out when he has Kobe's ***** lodged firmly in his brain.

KirbyPls
10-21-2015, 11:17 PM

Are you going to ban him from contributing to your Gofundme account as well?

:mad:

stalkerforlife
Let me guess, you're one of the LeBron haters that claims Bosh was a superstar. But apparently MVP/DPOY winner KG wasn't a #1 option

Bosh was a superstar 2nd/3rd option. Truly rare that a player of his magnitude is a 2nd/3rd option. As a first option, though, he was just a star.

Colluding will do that.

Straight_Ballin
Of course the GOAT has insecurity about the "mental grind of defending the Bulls' title (with a stacked team), so he took a almost two seasons off. Context, my good sir. context.

Also, MJ hid out at Dizzy Dean's amateur lounge for a few years to get "ready" to ball with the pros.

Context is only good when you use the correct context. Jordan was literally bored of basketball. After winning 3 times in a row, he left the game believing that no one could beat him. Now just think about that. Think about what impact it would have on you if you won 3 years straight in a very competitive era and just flat out dominated everyone. Who wouldn't leave instead of stepping in the piles of shit they left everywhere? He wanted to try a different sport, so he left. Then he saw what Hakeem did, and felt inclined to make a return. Surprise surprise, another 3-peat.

RRR3
No need for that man, you're doing a pretty good job yourself :lol
http://i.imgur.com/j5JYdse.gif

Thesmallmamba

LOL? Justin you're a homeless bum living off food stamps, the entire world disrespects you

I'm a brand new poster here, and even I consider you my personal punching bag, thats how low you're rep here is

You're a loser, no offense bud, just calling it how I see it :lol

stalkerforlife
10-21-2015, 11:19 PM
LOL? Justin you're a homeless bum living off food stamps, the entire world disrespects you

I'm a brand new poster here, and even I consider you my personal punching bag, thats how low you're rep here is

You're a loser, no offense bud, just calling it how I see it :lol

:lol

KirbyPls
10-21-2015, 11:23 PM
Context is only good when you use the correct context. Jordan was literally bored of basketball. After winning 3 times in a row, he left the game believing that no one could beat him. Now just think about that. Think about what impact it would have on you if you won 3 years straight in a very competitive era and just flat out dominated everyone. Who wouldn't leave instead of stepping in the piles of shit they left everywhere? He wanted to try a different sport, so he left. Then he saw what Hakeem did, and felt inclined to make a return. Surprise surprise, another 3-peat.

MJ is GOAT, but only because he was the greatest basketball player ever. It has nothing to do with the incessant downplaying by you, 3ball and a host of others' of the other great players of the game. MJ > Bron, basically because he is a better jump-shooter (and yes, better mentality), and yet, Lebron is the closest perimeter player ever to MJ. Bron can't catch MJ and never will, but your disregard of a player of that caliber makes me wonder if you'd be better off stanning an Ashura pole or following American idol as opposed to being a basketball fan. You stan the GOAT; much courage, very risk.

Straight_Ballin
10-21-2015, 11:28 PM
MJ is GOAT, but only because he was the greatest basketball player ever. It has nothing to do with the incessant downplaying by you, 3ball and a host of others' of the other great players of the game. MJ > Bron, basically because he is a better jump-shooter (and yes, better mentality), and yet, Lebron is the closest perimeter player ever to MJ. Bron can't catch MJ and never will, but your dusregard of a player of that caliber makes me wonder if you'd be better off stanning an Asura pole or following American idol as opposed to a basketball fan. You stan the GOAT; much courage, very risk.

^
Thinks me and 3ball should not like a player that we grew up watching.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry that your era hasn't produced a player that could overcome the GOAT.

Risk? How bout you show some risk and bet accounts with me that if Cavs make the finals this year, Bron won't be 2/7.

Smoke117
10-21-2015, 11:34 PM

Nice try.

That's the general prime for guys coming out of college in the 80s and 90s...not when you have easily played the most minutes out of any player every by the time you were 30. Stay stupid, bro.

KirbyPls
10-21-2015, 11:48 PM
^
Thinks me and 3ball should not like a player that we grew up watching.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry that your era hasn't produced a player that could overcome the GOAT.

Risk? How bout you show some risk and bet accounts with me that if Cavs make the finals this year, Bron won't be 2/7.

You like whatever player you want my good man. I couldn't care less. Cavs might win the ship; they might not. I'm good with my favorite player's position in the hierarchy (7-10 right now). In my opinion, LBJ is the best player since MJ, and there will be players better; perhaps soon, but it doesn't matter. If LBJ had a better jumper and got to the post 3 years earlier, he might of been GOAT; didn't happen, and I'm fine with that. I can't change it. Your incessant downplaying of a player of Lebron's caliber is just pathetic to me. I can't stand Kobe, but I can appreciate his greatness from a click on the 2009 Finals highlight reel on Youtube, but I don't think you could do the same with Lebron. That is the difference.

I appreciate the greatness (the beauty literal human art of the NBA game). Anyway, who gives a shit; there are no rules to standom. For what it's worth, I think the Cavs get it done this year, (it won't make Lebron MJ, but I don't care). :cheers:

Just2McFly
10-21-2015, 11:53 PM

Jordan came straight out of HS?:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

bobopenguin
10-21-2015, 11:53 PM
That's the general prime for guys coming out of college in the 80s and 90s...not when you have easily played the most minutes out of any player every by the time you were 30. Stay stupid, bro.

so does kobe get to use same excuse?
no, cos bron stans are double standard.

damn and i am a big bron fan.

JT123
10-22-2015, 12:31 AM
so does kobe get to use same excuse?
no, cos bron stans are double standard.

damn and i am a big bron fan.
Are you stupid? Rhetorical question, I already know the answer. Kobe warmed the bench his first 3 years. :lol
Plus he missed tons of games during the 3 peat years. That fool had no where near as many miles on his body at age 30 as Lebron currently does.
That's not even getting into the fact that he missed the playoffs in his prime and had multiple first round exits

sportjames23
10-22-2015, 12:37 AM

Nice try.

Got 'em. :oldlol:

sportjames23
10-22-2015, 12:38 AM

:cheers:

Rocketswin2013
10-22-2015, 12:43 AM
http://www.nba.com/preview2006/gmsurvey_players.html

LeBron ran away with the vote at that age like the Brow has.

Easily over peak Kobe :eek:

Davis is a possible GOAT candidate. This isn't ****ing noteworthy.

JT123
10-22-2015, 12:48 AM
http://www.nba.com/preview2006/gmsurvey_players.html

LeBron ran away with the vote at that age like the Brow has.

Easily over peak Kobe :eek:
Holy shit! Old and broken down Lebron is getting more votes than PEAK Kobe got back in the day. :lol
GMs aren't dummies. They know that you always have a chance with Lebron on your team. In order to have a chance with Kobe you need the greatest coach ever AND the league's most dominant front court. No wonder Kobe only has 1 mvp in 20 years.

pauk
10-22-2015, 01:07 AM
Yes? Over Durant aswell... and Duncan... and Kobe... and Shaq... and Jordan... and Magic.... and Kareem.... and Wilt... and Mikan.... although some younger, for the same exact reason....

knicksman
10-22-2015, 01:14 AM
What bran stans dont get is gms would take 36yo jordan over davis

Thesmallmamba
10-22-2015, 01:21 AM
What bran stans dont get is gms would take 36yo jordan over davis

Jordan the Owner would probably be stupid enough to draft a 36 yr old him over AD

TripleA
10-22-2015, 01:25 AM

You gotta be kidding Kevin Garnett not a number one option.
Out of all the things I have heard this is the most ridiclulous.:facepalm

kamil
10-22-2015, 01:31 AM

Nice try.

Pretty lousy prime... 2/6.

bobopenguin
10-22-2015, 02:17 AM
Are you stupid? Rhetorical question, I already know the answer. Kobe warmed the bench his first 3 years. :lol
Plus he missed tons of games during the 3 peat years. That fool had no where near as many miles on his body at age 30 as Lebron currently does.
That's not even getting into the fact that he missed the playoffs in his prime and had multiple first round exits

and u forgot about work ethic.
kobe tends to be the workaholic, the amount of time he spent basketball court is undisputed longer than any of current players.
sources: multiple nba players + coaches. :lol

SwayDizzle
10-22-2015, 02:41 AM
There is not one GM that wouldn't take 08/09/10 Kobe over AD. Those were Kobe's true prime years, when he matured into a proper leader and the most complete bball player he could be. That version of Kobe was the closest we have seen to MJ. MJ could sustain that level of play even longer than Kobe which is why he is the undisputed GOAT. GMs wouldn't pick another player over MJ for the majority of his career. MJ was THAT good. Laughing my ass off at the Lestan excuses pouring in when the facts point to AD overpowering LBJ in his prime. But then again, we all knew LBJ would have a hard dropoff. He never bothered to the study the game like MJ and Kobe did. In his early years he relied way too much on his godly athleticism. Let's not even get into his weak mentality when the pressure is on. That alone might be enough to chose others less talented over him.

Mr. Jabbar
10-22-2015, 02:45 AM
There is not one GM that wouldn't take 08/09/10 Kobe over AD. Those were Kobe's true prime years, when he matured into a proper leader and the most complete bball player he could be. That version of Kobe was the closest we have seen to MJ. MJ could sustain that level of play even longer than Kobe which is why he is the undisputed GOAT. GMs wouldn't pick another player over MJ for the majority of his career. MJ was THAT good. Laughing my ass off at the Lestan excuses pouring in when the facts point to AD overpowering LBJ in his prime. But then again, we all knew LBJ would have a hard dropoff. He never bothered to the study the game like MJ and Kobe did. In his early years he relied way too much on his godly athleticism. Let's not even get into his weak mentality when the pressure is on. That alone might be enough to chose others less talented over him.

DAMN dude.

You don't go around body-bagging complete forum factions just like that :(

bobopenguin
10-22-2015, 02:46 AM
DAMN dude.

he speaks truth, nothing but truth, no truth cant be more true than this truth.
evem bran has to bow before 08/09/10 kobe and kiss his feet.

Mr. Jabbar
10-22-2015, 02:58 AM
he speaks truth, nothing but truth, no truth cant be more true than this truth.
evem bran has to bow before 08/09/10 kobe and kiss his feet.

You are right.

Anyway, I'm thinking about changing my avy:

http://i.imgur.com/wDEc1Za.jpg

What do you think?

dhsilv
10-22-2015, 02:59 AM

Nice try.

Based on what? A huge chunk of players don't even stay in the league till 30 let alone peak at 30.

dhsilv
10-22-2015, 03:02 AM
:lol at Durant getting the same percentage of the vote whilst 3 plus years (and thousands of minutes) younger in actual Court time. :lol

And coming off major foot injuries and it being questionably if he'll ever fully recover...

dhsilv
10-22-2015, 03:05 AM

KG's one of if not the all time leader in adjusted real plus minus. First option and being the best player are two very different things. Do people not know what defense is?

KG's in his prime was absurdly good. Put him on a team with another all star and my god, his prime would have been scary.

bobopenguin
10-22-2015, 03:16 AM
KG's one of if not the all time leader in adjusted real plus minus. First option and being the best player are two very different things. Do people not know what defense is?

KG's in his prime was absurdly good. Put him on a team with another all star and my god, his prime would have been scary.

Marbury was a star.

dhsilv
10-22-2015, 03:18 AM
30 GM's

2/30=6.667%

How'd they get 6.9%?

bobopenguin
10-22-2015, 03:21 AM
30 GM's

2/30=6.667%

How'd they get 6.9%?

lebron is a GM for cavs, so he cant vote in this player survey. :lol

SwayDizzle
10-22-2015, 03:50 AM
You are right.

Anyway, I'm thinking about changing my avy:

http://i.imgur.com/wDEc1Za.jpg

What do you think?
:lol :lol :lol

FLDFSU
10-22-2015, 08:38 AM

:applause: :applause:

Kobe_6/8
10-22-2015, 09:08 AM
I think Davis will probably have more value over the next 5-10 seasons than Bran will. It's possible Bron could adjust as he ages and not lose much value.

If I had to pick one to build a winning team for this season, I would pick Bran for sure.

DavisIsMyUniBro
10-22-2015, 09:32 AM

While I agree peak kobe is better than current AD...

if AD stays healthy (big if tbh) then his peak really, really should beat kobes.

DavisIsMyUniBro
10-22-2015, 09:33 AM

I maintain that peak KG is the 8th best peak ever. really close to 7th.

ON THE OTHER HAND.

its real adjusted plus minus. not adjusted real plus minus

srry,
had to do it
lol

stalkerforlife
10-22-2015, 09:43 AM
DAMN dude.

:lol

90sgoat
10-22-2015, 11:47 AM
Jordan came straight out of HS?:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

It's not Jordan's fault he was able to read at a college level unlike Lebron.