PDA

View Full Version : Lebron and Magic are carbon copies

retaxis
10-22-2015, 06:08 AM
Both are small forwards who can play 1 to 5. Both are deadliest in transition and lacking 1 on 1 killer instincts. Both are all time great passers (lebron chooses to score a bit more of the drive while magic passes a bit more off the elbow). Both can make bullet cross court passes to the pocket in a half court situation and both at the end of the day look to create then to make.

If lebron played in magics era with Kareem and Magic with heat they would have similar results (Spurs/mavs) would still dare magic to shoot the 18footer pull up.

VengefulAngel
10-22-2015, 06:19 AM
Both are small forwards who can play 1 to 5. Both are deadliest in transition and lacking 1 on 1 killer instincts. Both are all time great passers (lebron chooses to score a bit more of the drive while magic passes a bit more off the elbow). Both can make bullet cross court passes to the pocket in a half court situation and both at the end of the day look to create then to make.

If lebron played in magics era with Kareem and Magic with heat they would have similar results (Spurs/mavs) would still dare magic to shoot the 18footer pull up.

:facepalm

90sgoat
10-22-2015, 06:39 AM
No, they're not the same and even watching one game will show that. Magic was a true point guard, played like one, and had a much greater offensive range. Magic could score pretty easily and did so when he had to, with that baby sky hook, floaters and other post moves.

Lebron is less gracile, stronger Grant Hill.

nathanjizzle
10-22-2015, 06:50 AM
ha noob.

sportjames23
10-22-2015, 07:01 AM

Stopped reading right there.

Gileraracer
10-22-2015, 08:02 AM

Lebrons career: 6.9AST / 3.4 TO
Magics career: 11.2AST / 3.9 TO

Lebron is a all time great choker, thats about it.

DoctorP
10-22-2015, 08:08 AM

dang.

SHAQisGOAT
10-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Both are small forwards

No.

who can play 1 to 5.

Not to that extent.

Both are all time great passers

LeBron's not on the same level as Magic as a passer.

Both can make bullet cross court passes to the pocket in a half court situation and both at the end of the day look to create then to make.

LeBron looks more to score more, and more than Magic

And despite for the facts that they both 6'8 with great mobility, with the ability to play PG and with great passing skills... Their playing ways are not that similar.

Celtics did that in the 1984 Finals... Magic shot 31/55 FG (56.4%) from mid-range... So, didn't happen much afterwards with most teams, due to Magic really developing his shooting (always improving that throughout his career).

Derka
10-22-2015, 09:26 AM
There are way too many differences to call them carbon copies.

plowking
10-22-2015, 09:31 AM
Bron is also a flat out better player.

Thesmallmamba
10-22-2015, 09:40 AM
There is literally nothing Magic is better than LeBron at, absolutely nothing

Other than transmitting diseases obviously

Thesmallmamba
10-22-2015, 09:41 AM
Combine the best of Jordan and Magic together then you get something resembling LeBron

DoctorP
10-22-2015, 09:42 AM
LeBron did more roids.

Combat Wombat
10-22-2015, 09:56 AM

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/no-no-no-very-bad-man-Babu-Bhatt-seinfeld-gifs-finger-wag.gif

Baby Arm Johnso
10-22-2015, 10:05 AM

Not sure how old you are? Did you watch Magic play and are old enough to remember or are you basing this off you tube videos?

Magic >>> Lebron and it's not close. Magic won the finals his rookie season and was FMVP. 42 points, 15 boards 7 assists starting at center in the close out game . . . I don't think there is any universe in which one can say Lebron is even close to Magic

DoctorP
10-22-2015, 10:17 AM
LeBron wasn't a good enough passer to play the point full-time like Magic.

Hey Yo
10-22-2015, 10:18 AM
LeBron plays defense and has a jump shot.

Magic didnt have either one.

Hey Yo
10-22-2015, 10:25 AM
Not sure how old you are? Did you watch Magic play and are old enough to remember or are you basing this off you tube videos?

Magic >>> Lebron and it's not close. Magic won the finals his rookie season and was FMVP. 42 points, 15 boards 7 assists starting at center in the close out game . . . I don't think there is any universe in which one can say Lebron is even close to Magic
Magic represented LA for the opening jump ball. That was pretty much the extent of what he saw as a Center. Him playing center all game is a myth. Jim Chones played Center the majority of the game.

Plus Jamaal Wilkes scored 37 and and 10 boards. Magic had plenty of help.

colts19
10-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Magic was the greatest play maker of all time and was clutch as hell. Bron is a ball stopper. He comes nowhere close to Magic at making his teammates better.

Thesmallmamba
10-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Lol anyone wanna see the pace differential? That's why magics assists looks higher than LeBron

BoutPractice
10-22-2015, 11:58 AM
A lot of what makes them all time greats is precisely that they are unique...

What you get from Magic, or LeBron, you couldn't have gotten from anyone else.

sportjames23
10-22-2015, 12:04 PM

sportjames23
10-22-2015, 12:05 PM
Combine the best of Jordan and Magic together then you get something resembling LeBron

So in your math, 2 = 11, right?

PP34Deuce
10-22-2015, 12:17 PM
I believe if you put Lebron in a setting with great finishers and shooters, you'd see regular triple doubles.

Lebron is so talented that he can do whatever is asked, that's what he and magic have in common.

If you need Lebron to give out 10 assists and take care of the ball, he can do that a half level below magic.
Lebron has the same type of court vision magic had. The difference is Magic took more chances and Lebron is less riskier.

Dragonyeuw
10-22-2015, 12:28 PM
There is literally nothing Magic is better than LeBron at, absolutely nothing

Other than transmitting diseases obviously

Hi Dubeta.

Pointguard
10-22-2015, 12:48 PM
LeBron plays defense and has a jump shot.

Magic shot better than Lebron. I don't know where all of this is coming from. Magic in the beginning of his career wasn't making the longer shots consistently but his judgement of knowing which shot to take or not was superior to Lebron's so his TS% and FG% was always high. By '86 Magic's jump shot was a lot better than Lebron's now. And was even more distance in the playoffs. And Magic could get these crazy high efficiency numbers while taking a lot of near half-court heaves. Something that Lebron flat out doesn't do.

Magic was the best team player, could make others better.and as much as people want to imagine Lebron as some great passer, he wasn't near Magic's level.

sdot_thadon
10-22-2015, 12:49 PM
No he wasn't a sf op. But to be fair I think there was a question of if he even regularly guarded his position. It's mostly an issue of the old way of thinking and that each position had an archetype that had to be adhered to. The position-less game really only emerged in later, recent eras. In Magic's day lebron very well could have been a pg. In today's game magic is likely a sf, point forward that is. Westbrook would be a 2 in Magic's day, probably curry and rose as well.

They are similar in some respects, the biggest difference is the frequency of pass/shoot and of course defense. Lebron is an elite all time level passer but he's at minimum a tier below magic. Magic may be 2 tiers below lebron defensively. They are vaguely similar, albeit more similar than Mj/Lebron.

tmacattack33
10-22-2015, 01:01 PM

You don't only get turnovers on pass attempts...lol.

And:

Lebron's career: 25 ppg on 49.6% FG

Magic's career: 19 ppg on 52% FG

tmacattack33
10-22-2015, 01:03 PM
LeBron wasn't a good enough passer to play the point full-time like Magic.

Yep, that's the reason Lebron doesn't play PG :facepalm

Cleveland and Miami didn't want to put the best passer in the game besides Chris Paul and Steve Nash at the PG spot because he wasn't a good enough passer. They thought Eric Snow and Mario Chalmers were betters passers and so they told Lebron to move out the way at PG and make way for them. LOL.

aj1987
10-22-2015, 01:05 PM
Magic was the greatest play maker of all time and was clutch as hell. Bron is a ball stopper. He comes nowhere close to Magic at making his teammates better.
Are you forgetting Tragic Johnson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ1bd2g3p1Y
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/10/19/2499936/lebron-james-magic-johnson-miami-heat

houston
10-22-2015, 01:12 PM

yup indeed

choppermagic
10-22-2015, 01:47 PM
So much fail in the OP's post.

Just a couple remarks...

Greatest Point Guard in the History of the NBA (perhaps basketball in total) = Small Forward? WTF?

Magic - saved the NBA from failure, brought a fun, contagious brand of basketball to the NBA, made his teammates better who enjoyed playing with him. Lifer Laker

Lebron- flops and has turned off many fans with his attitude and "Check my Stats" attitude. Makes his decent teammates worse by stat-hogging. Team-jumped twice for his own personal interest.

Yes, maybe Lebron is the better overall player in terms of scoring ability, physical gifts, and endurance, but they are not carbon copies of each other. I'd take Magic over Lebron any day of the week to start a franchise. If for no other reason than it would make the rest of my roster better and people would love to watch the team play because it would be fun. And he wouldn't jump ship too.

choppermagic
10-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Are you forgetting Tragic Johnson?

Seriously? The entire world has forgotten Tragic Johnson after 5 rings and multiple other accolades.

aj1987
10-22-2015, 02:00 PM
Seriously? The entire world has forgotten Tragic Johnson after 5 rings and multiple other accolades.
With a team which was twice as loaded and the Heat and in a weaker conference.

And he wouldn't jump ship too.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers.

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-06-05/sports/sp-83_1_lakers

Dude had an MVP by his side from day 1.

FOH without your selective memory. :oldlol:

riseagainst
10-22-2015, 02:07 PM

:lol

sdot_thadon
10-22-2015, 02:08 PM

Dude had an GOAT candidate by his side from day 1.

Sorry but I had to adjust that for you. It's pretty weird that neither he or Kareem ever take a hit for that in goat talks.

sd3035
10-22-2015, 02:11 PM
I didn't like Magic but he was clearly better

Spurs5Rings2014
10-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Sorry but I had to adjust that for you. It's pretty weird that neither he or Kareem ever take a hit for that in goat talks.

:confusedshrug:

SwayDizzle
10-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Magic lacking 1on1 killer instincts? Lebron has a jump shot? WTF am I reading here?

SwayDizzle
10-22-2015, 03:08 PM
Hi Dubeta.
isn't Jameer Dubeta?

Megabox!
10-22-2015, 03:12 PM
I didn't like Magic but he was clearly better
Even Magic himself doesn't agree with you

Megabox!
10-22-2015, 03:12 PM

:applause:

bizil
10-22-2015, 03:24 PM
When it comes to being close to carbon copy comparisons, these comparisons fit the bill most to me:

MJ-Kobe
Bernard-Melo
Frazier-Payton

When it comes to Bron and Magic, I see many similarities for sure. But NOT carbon copy type shit. Bron blends these legends into one epic package:

Magic - 6'8-6'9, can play PG to PF, triple double shit

Big O- triple double shit, can average 30 points WHILE being a pass first player

Pippen- point forward, great defense, ability to play and defend four positions at a high level

Dr. J - alpha dog freak athlete SF, epic slashers in the half court, transition athletic ability reminds me the most of Doc

Karl Malone- at 6'8 and 260, he has the body of the Mailman.

choppermagic
10-22-2015, 04:21 PM

Another fail LOL.

Magic plays with KAJ and the Lakers become one of the GOAT teams of all time. It doesn't diminish Magic's talents that he led a team that became perhaps the best ever in NBA history. Just because the Showtime Lakers are head and shoulders better than the Heat teams were doesn't equate to Lebron > Magic. In fact, Magic leading the best means more.

sd3035
10-22-2015, 04:45 PM
When it comes to being close to carbon copy comparisons, these comparisons fit the bill most to me:

MJ-Kobe
Bernard-Melo
Frazier-Payton

you forgot

Lebron - Anthony Mason

Wilt - Javale

aj1987
10-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Another fail LOL.

Magic plays with KAJ and the Lakers become one of the GOAT teams of all time. It doesn't diminish Magic's talents that he led a team that became perhaps the best ever in NBA history. Just because the Showtime Lakers are head and shoulders better than the Heat teams were doesn't equate to Lebron > Magic. In fact, Magic leading the best means more.

The '79 Lakers won 47. Cooper and Magic played full seasons and added 13 wins. Magic had MVP KAJ averaging 25/11/5/4/3 on 60%, 18/8/3/2 on 52%, and Wilkes with 20/6/3/2 on 54%. Essentially, Magic had 3 20 PPG players and a pretty good bench to boot. Don't kid yourself. Magic and Bird had teams which were stacked beyond belief.

The Cav's added 18 wins with the addition of LeBron. He didn't have anyone even close to KAJ during his entire career. '11 and '12 Wade are better than a couple of versions of '80's KAJ though.

Oh, and I never said LeBron > Magic. You might want to go back and read my posts again. All I'm saying is that if LeBron had the kind of historically stacked teams that Magic had since his rookie, he'd have a lot more than 2 rings. Heck, if the teams he had were healthy, he'd have 3 rings by now. LeBron wasted 7 years in Cleveland. Magic never had bad teams like that.

Lets also not underestimate a certain GOAT level coach Magic had.

SHAQisGOAT
10-22-2015, 05:22 PM

MJ-Kobe
Bernard-Melo
Frazier-Payton.

Yea, it's clear that Kobe modeled his game after Jordan.
Frazier and Payton have many similarities, yes.
Don't agree with Melo and King though, their games are not that alike...

Pointguard
10-22-2015, 06:11 PM

The '79 Lakers won 47. Cooper and Magic played full seasons and added 13 wins. Magic had MVP KAJ averaging 25/11/5/4/3 on 60%, 18/8/3/2 on 52%, and Wilkes with 20/6/3/2 on 54%. Essentially, Magic had 3 20 PPG players and a pretty good bench to boot. Don't kid yourself. Magic and Bird had teams which were stacked beyond belief.

The Cav's added 18 wins with the addition of LeBron. He didn't have anyone even close to KAJ during his entire career. '11 and '12 Wade are better than a couple of versions of '80's KAJ though.

Oh, and I never said LeBron > Magic. You might want to go back and read my posts again. All I'm saying is that if LeBron had the kind of historically stacked teams that Magic had since his rookie, he'd have a lot more than 2 rings. Heck, if the teams he had were healthy, he'd have 3 rings by now. LeBron wasted 7 years in Cleveland. Magic never had bad teams like that.

Lets also not underestimate a certain GOAT level coach Magic had.
Lebron lost to a team with Dirk and those other worldly beast Terry and Chandler. When he had at top four all time SG. And a top tier PF at the time. And this happened while in his prime. In the 80's the other great teams were as stacked as the Lakers. Lebron has been on stacked teams when they weren't stacked teams in competition.

Celtics had the best frontcourt ever and HOF Dennis Johnson, Th Sixers had, the best center, a great SF and a top tier SG. The Bucks had 3 top tier two way players in M. Johnson, Moncrief, Pressey along with HOFer Lanier and sharp shooter Dunleavy/Bridgman who interchanged places with Hodges three point champion and the tough top tier PF in Terry Cummings. The Pistons had 3 HOFers and was one of the toughest teams around.

Smoke117
10-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Not...really.

aj1987
10-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Lebron lost to a team with Dirk and those other worldly beast Terry and Chandler. When he had at top four all time SG. And a top tier PF at the time. And this happened while in his prime. In the 80's the other great teams were as stacked as the Lakers. Lebron has been on stacked teams when they weren't stacked teams in competition.
Yeah, LeBron choked his ass off in the '11 Finals. That season, however, it was the big 3 and scrubs. That was the only season Wade was healthy and Bosh actually played well, BTW. That's on LeBron completely.

Celtics had the best frontcourt ever and HOF Dennis Johnson, Th Sixers had, the best center, a great SF and a top tier SG. The Bucks had 3 top tier two way players in M. Johnson, Moncrief, Pressey along with HOFer Lanier and sharp shooter Dunleavy/Bridgman who interchanged places with Hodges three point champion and the tough top tier PF in Terry Cummings. The Pistons had 3 HOFers and was one of the toughest teams around.
Are you telling me that teams need to be good/stacked to win a championship?

As I stated, LeBron's first 7 years, he had garbage. In '11, he had the 3rd greatest SG and a VERY good PF (although the rest of the team was shit), Wade and Bosh got injured in '12, Wade was injured in '13 and Bosh decided to turn into RuPaul, same in '14, and in '15 three of his starters were out.

Give LeBron a team with as much talent as the '80's Lakers throughout his career and he'd win a LOT more than 2 rings.

sportjames23
10-22-2015, 09:28 PM
yup indeed

I just can't recall Magic having opposing team role players win NBA Finals MVP against him.

Thesmallmamba
10-22-2015, 09:29 PM
I just can't recall Magic going 1-9 without Kareem.

Agreed.

bizil
10-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Yea, it's clear that Kobe modeled his game after Jordan.
Frazier and Payton have many similarities, yes.
Don't agree with Melo and King though, their games are not that alike...

With Melo and King, I think their games are closer to each other than Magic and Bron. That was my point. With that said, I think Magic and Bron are very similar in certain ways. I think King was more athletic while Melo shoots the three more. But they dominate in the same areas of the floor. Midrange, postups, and slashing to the rack. Both can be great scoring and rebounding SF's. I certainly think Melo is more similar to King than any other SF. In many ways, Melo is a bigger and more physical version of King.

Hey Yo
10-22-2015, 09:48 PM
I just can't recall Magic having opposing team role players win NBA Finals MVP against him.
That's because Magic's assignment was to guard the worst opposing offensive player on the floor and the best defender on the opposing team wasn't assigned to guard Magic cause he wasn't the first scoring option threat for LA.

G-train
10-22-2015, 10:05 PM
Can't compare eras.
Magic wouldn't even be a point guard in the current NBA.
He also didn't face 50% of the pressure Lebron does from money/increased exposure.
Lebron has the benefit of building off Magic's ground breaking play.

Pointguard
10-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Yeah, LeBron choked his ass off in the '11 Finals. That season, however, it was the big 3 and scrubs. That was the only season Wade was healthy and Bosh actually played well, BTW. That's on LeBron completely.

Are you telling me that teams need to be good/stacked to win a championship?

As I stated, LeBron's first 7 years, he had garbage. In '11, he had the 3rd greatest SG and a VERY good PF (although the rest of the team was shit), Wade and Bosh got injured in '12, Wade was injured in '13 and Bosh decided to turn into RuPaul, same in '14, and in '15 three of his starters were out.

Give LeBron a team with as much talent as the '80's Lakers throughout his career and he'd win a LOT more than 2 rings.
:cheers: True.

In the 80's only the stacked teams could beat each other. There weren't teams like Dallas popping up out of nowhere and embarrassing the good teams. The elite teams played high quality ball. The '06 Celtics ran a passing offense that like Golden State/SA offense but a definite level higher. The '07 Lakers could run, post up, pass, go inside out, a very highly intelligent game. The smoothest efficient offense ever. All of the highly talented teams were either the best offensive teams or the best defensive teams and they weren't weak at either.

Pointguard
10-23-2015, 12:12 AM
Can't compare eras.
Magic wouldn't even be a point guard in the current NBA.
He also didn't face 50% of the pressure Lebron does from money/increased exposure.
Lebron has the benefit of building off Magic's ground breaking play.
Saving the league is a lot of pressure.

I loved Lebron's game before the pressure came. After he tatted the "the chosen one" the pressure he created came down hard on him. He no-longer took chances when he should have. He didn't want to make mistakes. His style stiffened up and became somewhat a bit too self conscious.

aj1987
10-23-2015, 12:28 AM

In the 80's only the stacked teams could beat each other. There weren't teams like Dallas popping up out of nowhere and embarrassing the good teams. The elite teams played high quality ball. The '06 Celtics ran a passing offense that like Golden State/SA offense but a definite level higher. The '07 Lakers could run, post up, pass, go inside out, a very highly intelligent game. The smoothest efficient offense ever. All of the highly talented teams were either the best offensive teams or the best defensive teams and they weren't weak at either.
The Mav's weren't just some team though. They had the 2nd best record in the West, tied with the Lakers. After the Spurs choked against the Grizz, they were the favorites to make the Finals. Dirk was on another level in the first 3 rounds.

I know that I'm using too many hypotheticals, but don't you think LeBron would've won more if he just had better/healthy teams throughout his career? I'm not talking about historically great teams. Something along the lines of the '12/'13 Heat. Don't you think he would've won a lot more?

sportjames23
10-23-2015, 12:30 AM
Agreed, I am a phaggit.

I concur.

G-train
10-23-2015, 12:33 AM

I loved Lebron's game before the pressure came. After he tatted the "the chosen one" the pressure he created came down hard on him. He no-longer took chances when he should have. He didn't want to make mistakes. His style stiffened up and became somewhat a bit too self conscious.

He didn't save anything.
He demanded to be drafted to Kareem then all he had to was go play.

Thesmallmamba
10-23-2015, 12:33 AM
I concur.
But seriously bro, 1-9

How do you defend that?? :biggums:

TheBigVeto
10-23-2015, 12:39 AM

You also forgot: they both were scared of being THE man and wanted to team up with either a GOAT (Kareem) or two all stars (Wade and Bosh).

knicksman
10-23-2015, 12:45 AM
lol. bran is more like robertson. Both players care more about stats and so both are losers

aj1987
10-23-2015, 12:46 AM
lol. bran is more like robertson. Both players care more about stats and so both are losers
So what do the Knicks and Carmelo care about?

knicksman
10-23-2015, 01:07 AM
So what do the Knicks and Carmelo care about?

lol at this bran stan pretending to be wade fan. fakkit of the highest level

sportjames23
10-23-2015, 01:15 AM
But seriously bro, 1-9

How do you defend that?? :biggums:

A fan of 2/6 tryin to ask me a question like that?

Funny thing about both Lebron and MJ's first few years in the league--MJ may have gone 1-9, but he still made the playoffs in the highly competitive East of the 1980s, while Lebron failed to make the playoffs for the first two years of his career in the weak ass 2000s East.

1-9 >>> 0-2

Pointguard
10-23-2015, 01:18 AM
He didn't save anything.
Its much harder on a guy who comes in winning and having a great finals off of the bat with the bar at its highest, than it is to say, its ok, you'll eventually make the all star team in a couple of years, and the team is rebuilding now. Or when the Finals come around in the 9th year Lebron didn't really have the pressure of a good finals, one was a complete calamity and the other one was poor. It was 9 years before Lebron was expected to have a good finals. Magic had won five titles by that time and three finals MVPs. And Magic was expected to put on a great show as well.

Pressure does have a relationship with expectations you know. Magic had put pressure on himself when he kept comparing himself with another great contemporary that was a winner as well, and the media followed suite with that comparison. So yeah, he had more natural pressure than Lebron.

Pointguard
10-23-2015, 01:55 AM
The Mav's weren't just some team though. They had the 2nd best record in the West, tied with the Lakers. After the Spurs choked against the Grizz, they were the favorites to make the Finals. Dirk was on another level in the first 3 rounds.

I know that I'm using too many hypotheticals, but don't you think LeBron would've won more if he just had better/healthy teams throughout his career? I'm not talking about historically great teams. Something along the lines of the '12/'13 Heat. Don't you think he would've won a lot more?

Like I said, I loved early Lebron. He passed more and the isolation game was not a major part of his game. He had flow. Now the ball sticks, other players have trouble stepping up. Lebron can probably carry a team as good as any player ever. And he can do this when his teams have trouble adjusting, which is a flaw he has to deal with as well. Its taken awhile for him to figure out how to get the most out of very good teammates despite Wade being a very adjustable versatile player. We are 12 years deep into his career and this shouldn't be the problem its looking like. Big obstacles are Lebron's problem - he can hurdle most of the other problems.

The comparison with Magic makes Lebron look worse because Magic could lead, push and support his teammates, adjust mid game, highlight his teammates strong points. played a more intuitive game, took risk, could vary his team's attack. Lebron gets stuck a lot because he doesn't play this way. I hear what you are saying. Lebron, if coached right, from the beginning, he's only got one guy ahead of him. I agree with that.

knicksman
10-23-2015, 07:08 AM
one passes because he loves too while the other passes coz it gives him stats. And thats what separates 2/7 from 5/9

Gileraracer
10-23-2015, 07:26 AM
one passes because he loves too while the other passes coz it gives him stats. And thats what separates 2/7 from 5/9

:applause:

Seems legit to me. :(

choppermagic
10-23-2015, 11:01 AM
He didn't save anything.

You're an idiot. Im sorry to be blunt.

Learn your history. Magic-Bird saved the NBA. Geez, your one dimension chant of playing with Kareem in his waning years somehow makes anyone a GOAT candidate is such fail. I guess Michael Cooper is a GOAT player too, right? Rambis? They played with Kareem too, or did you forget? geez.

Kvnzhangyay
10-23-2015, 11:03 AM

Learn your history. Magic-Bird saved the NBA. Geez, your one dimension chant of playing with Kareem in his waning years somehow makes anyone a GOAT candidate is such fail. I guess Michael Cooper is a GOAT player too, right? Rambis? They played with Kareem too, or did you forget? geez.

Don't forget Magic basically demanded a coach change

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 11:26 AM

And the only time Magic and the Lakers would face stacked teams is went they got to the Finals. Their division was a complete joke and conference was shit.

That's why Magic only beat 13....50+ win teams in his 9 Finals runs.

sportjames23
10-23-2015, 11:36 AM
And the only time Magic and the Lakers would face stacked teams is went they got to the Finals. Their division was a complete joke and conference was shit.

That's why Magic only beat 13....50+ win teams in his 9 Finals runs.

But Bron's only beaten 6 or 7 50+ win teams in his playoff career doe.

SamuraiSWISH
10-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Except Magic is clearly a superior passer, playmaker, and post player.

And LeBron is light years better athletically, as a scorer, and especially as a defender.

LeBron is better and greater.

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 11:37 AM
That image is outdated.

SHAQisGOAT
10-23-2015, 11:48 AM
LeBron has a jump shot.

http://media.giphy.com/media/kzuFXIWkepgnm/giphy.gif

You don't even know what you're talking about though...

Oh, and let me get this straight, LeBron has a jump-shot but Magic really didn't? :rolleyes:

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 12:03 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/kzuFXIWkepgnm/giphy.gif

You don't even know what you're talking about though...

Oh, and let me get this straight, LeBron has a jump-shot but Magic really didn't? :rolleyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJPwuOqb4PE

James jumpers from 3pt land, turn-around fade away, long 2's, mid-range, off glass

You got Magic's??

sdot_thadon
10-23-2015, 12:40 PM

iirc he had the tat before he left high school. I still don't see why even his tattoos get so much play over 10 years later.

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 12:50 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072011/reverse-1311094067_magic_johnson_eating.gif

SHAQisGOAT
10-23-2015, 10:48 PM

James jumpers from 3pt land, turn-around fade away, long 2's, mid-range, off glass

You got Magic's??

I got Magic shooting 31/55 FG (56.4%) from mid-range for the 1984 Finals, when the Celtics were daring him to shoot...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3cpGY9kThY

I got LeBron shooting 44.7% OVERALL for the 2013 Finls, when the Spurs were daring him to shoot.

Also got LeBron shooting 28% from outside 5 feet for the 2015 Finals.

I'm not even saying LeBron doesn't have or never has had a jumper, he does... But to say that Magic NEVER had a jump-shot is just dumb...

Magic reached 38.4.% from 3pt-land on 3.5 attempts for a season, for exmple... And I gotta say that he came up without the 3pt-line, didn't play in 3pt-era and arrived at the league as a pretty average overall shooter(only good at the FT-line).

Oh, and Johnson's a 84.8% career FT shooter, 91.1% on 7.3 attempts in his best year at that.

Dude without a jumper having games like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Bgx_0lTo0

Dude without a jumper doing this after not having played professionally for like a year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr1alYEIZ4c

Dude without a jumper hitting some of these buzzer-beaters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJiGMFmVHO8

Get real, stop all of that ignorant shit...

Pointguard
10-23-2015, 11:25 PM
iirc he had the tat before he left high school. I still don't see why even his tattoos get so much play over 10 years later.
You claim that you are the savior (the Chosen One is God by most Christians) on your skin then every year you can't beat mortals in a game, it's a problem. I think that's why other players avoid doing that. He lowered his expectations when he said "not four, but five, not five..." and he apologized for that lesser flaw.

Pointguard
10-23-2015, 11:54 PM
I got Magic shooting 31/55 FG (56.4%) from mid-range for the 1984 Finals, when the Celtics were daring him to shoot...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3cpGY9kThY

Dude without a jumper hitting some of these buzzer-beaters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJiGMFmVHO8

Get real, stop all of that ignorant shit...

Magic apparently took a lot of half court heaves because there are about ten made ones in circulating videos. So his impressive FG% should even be higher. Lebron's FG% went up from 510% to .565% when he totally cut out touching the ball at the end of quarters when he was far from the basket.

aj1987
10-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Like I said, I loved early Lebron. He passed more and the isolation game was not a major part of his game. He had flow. Now the ball sticks, other players have trouble stepping up. Lebron can probably carry a team as good as any player ever. And he can do this when his teams have trouble adjusting, which is a flaw he has to deal with as well. Its taken awhile for him to figure out how to get the most out of very good teammates despite Wade being a very adjustable versatile player. We are 12 years deep into his career and this shouldn't be the problem its looking like. Big obstacles are Lebron's problem - he can hurdle most of the other problems.

The comparison with Magic makes Lebron look worse because Magic could lead, push and support his teammates, adjust mid game, highlight his teammates strong points. played a more intuitive game, took risk, could vary his team's attack. Lebron gets stuck a lot because he doesn't play this way. I hear what you are saying. Lebron, if coached right, from the beginning, he's only got one guy ahead of him. I agree with that.
Not just coaching. Even having better teammates during his first 7 years would've helped MASSIVELY. I mean LeBron with another MVP level player from his rookie season and multiple other really good players?

What he said is true though. Magic did say that he would stay in college if he didn't get to play with KAJ on the Lakers.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers.

Paul George 24
10-26-2015, 07:42 AM

LEFLOP CAN'T PLAY CENTER :no:

Paul George 24
10-26-2015, 07:45 AM
CAN LEBRON MADE FRETHROW :roll:

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-05-2015/Ya6ji4.gif

Paul George 24
10-26-2015, 07:46 AM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072011/reverse-1311094067_magic_johnson_eating.gif

Paul George 24
10-26-2015, 07:47 AM

You got Magic's??

sdot_thadon
10-26-2015, 09:22 AM
You claim that you are the savior (the Chosen One is God by most Christians) on your skin then every year you can't beat mortals in a game, it's a problem. I think that's why other players avoid doing that. He lowered his expectations when he said "not four, but five, not five..." and he apologized for that lesser flaw.
It's amazing to see people still holding on to this so many years later as a reason to hate him though. I get where you're coming from but I don't agree, not even a lil bit. You can't fathom a 17-18 year old kid being eststic about being put on the cover of sports illustrated and going out and tattooing the headline? I've seen far stupider tattoo choices in my time. You fellas take it for some god complex and it was likely just a kid excited about where he's going in life.

LikeABosh
10-26-2015, 10:02 AM
Magic is a much better passer. Lebron is better at pretty much everything else. Their play styles aren't that similar tbh

dunksby
10-26-2015, 10:21 AM
They both passed the ball in clutch :lol

Pointguard
10-26-2015, 12:01 PM
It's amazing to see people still holding on to this so many years later as a reason to hate him though. I get where you're coming from but I don't agree, not even a lil bit. You can't fathom a 17-18 year old kid being eststic about being put on the cover of sports illustrated and going out and tattooing the headline? I've seen far stupider tattoo choices in my time. You fellas take it for some god complex and it was likely just a kid excited about where he's going in life.
I love that Lebron and you are right, not cool for folks to be hating on him for that choice at that age. He still is a great guy all around. Young Lebron with all those commercials that had me rolling, and he had the best game and the best personality. I'm sure he didn't know the tat would create pressure later on. He stop taking risk and his game got conservative and his play a bit more selfish, and all the fun left. Life sometimes happens like that. He's still a good guy in my book and a great player.

sdot_thadon
10-26-2015, 12:08 PM
I love that Lebron and you are right, not cool for folks to be hating on him for that choice at that age. He still is a great guy all around. Young Lebron with all those commercials that had me rolling, and he had the best game and the best personality. I'm sure he didn't know the tat would create pressure later on. He stop taking risk and his game got conservative and his play a bit more selfish, and all the fun left. Life sometimes happens like that. He's still a good guy in my book and a great player.
It's not even about being right or wrong, it's more perspective bro. I know at that age I'd have been excited as hell about everything he had going for him. You tell me what other player has ever been criticized fairly or unfairly for so many things, down to content of tattoos?