You think so Michael...? Well okay then...*calls foul*

MJ had the league in the palm of his hands :roll:

DonDadda59
10-23-2015, 02:29 PM

He did OK, but he was no James 'The Beard' Harden. :confusedshrug:

TrueBlue89
10-23-2015, 02:33 PM
And people call Harden a manufactured superstar. You couldn't touch MJ in the nineties and they even made rule changes so he could finally get past the Pistons. :lol

catch24
10-23-2015, 02:36 PM
He did OK, but he was no James 'The Beard' Harden. :confusedshrug:

I only see a reckless bum attacking the basket.

But I believe you Don.

I believe you.

sportjames23
10-23-2015, 02:44 PM
And people call Harden a manufactured superstar. You couldn't touch MJ in the nineties and they even made rule changes so he could finally get past the Pistons. :lol

Sounds like a bitter Pistons fan here. :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
10-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Sounds like a bitter Pistons fan here. :oldlol:
Be honest, if Lebron did this and got a whistle you would think it was disgusting how the league is coddling him.

Foster5k
10-23-2015, 02:51 PM
2006 Wade: "I got fouled!"

Ref: "All he did was breath next to you."

2006 Wade: "Yes, but it changed the trajectory of my shot."

Ref: "Alright, foul on number 42!"

Bankaii
10-23-2015, 03:05 PM
The league gave MJ all the calls?

Nooo way MJ never got any foul calls, he got treated like a running back, poor guy.:rolleyes:

JT123
10-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Refs were under strict orders from Stern to protect the league's golden boy at all costs. Jordan is the only player in NBA history who could throw punches and curse out refs without even having a technical called against him. :facepalm

FreezingTsmoove
10-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Do you retard ISH teens even watch basketball? James Harden is literally getting his arms raked, body elbowed, and hit every time he drives in the paint. It doesnt help that James plays like a football running back. Every foul call he gets he deserves.

poido123
10-23-2015, 03:58 PM
Jordan got some calls in the day, but he deserved them considering big men like to flatten guys going hard at the basket.

Today's league is different. Guys just don't foul as hard anymore.

LoneyROY7
10-23-2015, 03:59 PM
Do you retard ISH teens even watch basketball? James Harden is literally getting his arms raked, body elbowed, and hit every time he drives in the paint. It doesnt help that James plays like a football running back. Every foul call he gets he deserves.

:roll:

TemporaMutantur
10-23-2015, 04:23 PM

Granted, he does get hit on drives, but what makes him talented at getting calls is his ability to exploit the shit out of questionable (grey area) calls in his favor by exaggerating just enough and forcing contact.

warriorfan
10-23-2015, 04:25 PM

http://www.allofftopic.com/images/smilies/turbofap1.gif

Smoke117
10-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Jordan definitely got more calls than anyone else. All you have to do is look to his 98 "farewell" season where he took 8.8fta's. Whats the problem? The problem is that, that is the most ft's he took per game since 1989. So a guy who has been moving away from the basket and driving less and less takes the most ft's since he was 25? Yeah that's not fishy...a Jordan who was primarily getting his points in the mid post averages 8.8fta's...something he didn't even do in the early 90s?...right. They gave him a farewell tour, alright.

G0ATbe
10-23-2015, 04:57 PM
Jesus:facepalm . Imagine if Kobe had the privileges this "all time great" had:rolleyes: .

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 05:21 PM
Refs were under strict orders from Stern to protect the league's golden boy at all costs. Jordan is the only player in NBA history who could throw punches and curse out refs without even having a technical called against him. :facepalm
Jordan, untouchable part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-KCulzJqg

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmlfiMDUTQ4

DonDadda59
10-23-2015, 05:35 PM
Jesus:facepalm . Imagine if Kobe had the privileges this "all time great" had:rolleyes: .

The NBA changed the rules to make it easier for Bean to score after he was clowned by Tayshaun Prince in 2004. What more could he possibly want? :confusedshrug:

Blue&Orange
10-23-2015, 06:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fApM9NhTR2c#t=1m7s

You think so Michael...? Well okay then...*calls foul*

I can't believe you are so dumb you think the call was related to the conversation.

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 06:07 PM
"Controversy surrounded the Jordan-Miller incident. Jordan was not ejected or even given a foul after the fight, but Miller was ejected. That infuriated the Pacers guard, who contended that a double standard existed in the league because of Jordan's superstar status.

:oldlol:

Wade's Rings
10-23-2015, 06:19 PM
I can't believe you are so dumb you think the call was related to the conversation.

Add the context please.

catch24
10-23-2015, 06:23 PM
Add the context please.

MJ was asking for a double-dribble before the foul call, so he pleaded with the ref and I guess convinced him?

I took the video out of context, but the few posts in here have helped back my point. :oldlol:

And yeah, Harden = the GOAT beneficiary of bullshit calls. Him and Maggette were/are the absolute worst.

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 06:35 PM
MJ was asking for a double-dribble before the foul call, so he pleaded with the ref and I guess convinced him?

I took the video out of context, but the few posts in here have helped back my point. :oldlol:

And yeah, Harden = the GOAT beneficiary of bullshit calls. Him and Maggette were/are the absolute worst.
the 1988-89 season MJ went to the line an avg. of 9.8x per game.

His next highest FTA per game was........the 1997-98 season when he avg. 8.8 per game. How could someone (out of his prime) who drives less to the basket due to lost athleticism and now settling for more jumpers/set shots be getting to line almost as much as he did ( in his prime) 9yrs prior?

:confusedshrug:

90sgoat
10-23-2015, 06:49 PM

His next highest FTA per game was........the 1997-98 season when he avg. 8.8 per game. How could someone (out of his prime) who drives less to the basket due to lost athleticism and now settling for more jumpers/set shots be getting to line almost as much as he did ( in his prime) 9yrs prior?

I am sure you have already looked at the general level of free throw attempts in total and for wing players right?

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 06:55 PM
I am sure you have already looked at the general level of free throw attempts in total and for wing players right?
All 34yr old wings (out of their prime) who doesn't drive to the basket nearly as much as they did 9yrs prior and was still being pushed as the face of the league?

What other wings were there that year who fit the above category?

diamenz
10-23-2015, 06:56 PM
what a shit ref... any ref with a set of balls would just walk away. i guess mike just commands that much respect.

Blue&Orange
10-23-2015, 08:09 PM

The league was getting softer and softer on his way to what it is today? :confusedshrug: The only question is how dumb are you?

This retard just tried to use a pro-Jordan argument as an anti-jordan argument.

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 08:18 PM
The league was getting softer and softer on his way to what it is today? :confusedshrug: The only question is how dumb are you?

This retard just tried to use a pro-Jordan argument as an anti-jordan argument.
Glad you used this :confusedshrug: ,buckwheat...... because your "in depth analysis" clearly shows you're confused.

juju151111
10-23-2015, 08:20 PM
"Controversy surrounded the Jordan-Miller incident. Jordan was not ejected or even given a foul after the fight, but Miller was ejected. That infuriated the Pacers guard, who contended that a double standard existed in the league because of Jordan's superstar status.

:oldlol:
Is that the reason miller clearly pushed off mj in the ECF

Xsatyr
10-23-2015, 08:21 PM
That foul was against Jordan's teammate. They were talking about whether or not the offensive player double dribbled before the foul. The ref didn't cave to Jordan by changing the call.

JT123
10-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Is that the reason miller clearly pushed off mj in the ECF
I don't think Jordan stans wanna bring up push offs :oldlol:

juju151111
10-23-2015, 08:27 PM

Wat the **** 8 fta isn't alot and Mj still drives to the hoop numnuts. Mj was barely averging 7 fta during his chip runs. He averged 7 in 92 and 93.

DonDadda59
10-23-2015, 08:28 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/589648239135076352/ljbF6Qrd.jpg

Bryon slipped and fell. Wanna argue against that?

juju151111
10-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Why not?

Blue&Orange
10-23-2015, 08:29 PM
Glad you used this :confusedshrug: ,buckwheat...... because your "in depth analysis" clearly shows you're confused.
You are too dumb to even realize this thread exists because someone was too stupid to understand an youtube video, and you went on with your stupid propaganda.

You couldn't make yourself look more of an idiot even if you tried.

DonDadda59
10-23-2015, 08:31 PM
Wat the **** 8 fta isn't alot and Mj still drives to the hoop numnuts. Mj was barely averging 7 fta during his chip runs. He averged 7 in 92 and 93.

Yes, in a far more physical era a prime Jordan was getting FAR less FTs per FG attempts than star wings get today. Not even close.

Career FTr
MJ - .348
Kobe - .388
Lebron - .428
Durant - .435
Wade - .459
Harden - .548

Captain Marvel with James Harden FTr averages 40 PPG.

juju151111
10-23-2015, 08:31 PM
All 34yr old wings (out of their prime) who doesn't drive to the basket nearly as much as they did 9yrs prior and was still being pushed as the face of the league?

What other wings were there that year who fit the above category?
Mj drived or wrked in the post at 33-35. He was averging 8 fts in 96. He also had a broken knuckle in 98 which is why he had to adjust his shot. He shot horrible from midrange at the start of 98. He was driving more because of that.

juju151111
10-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Yes, in a far more physical era a prime Jordan was getting FAR less FTs per FG attempts than star wings get today. Not even close.

Career FTr
MJ - .348
Kobe - .388
Lebron - .428
Durant - .435
Wade - .459
Harden - .548

The ownage never stop for these Kobe/LJ/Harden numnuts hu.

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 08:37 PM
I never said it was a lot.

Just the very minor difference of FTA per game when playing at age 25 and at age 34....when he clearly lost some athleticism/speed while settling for more jumpers/set shots.

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 08:40 PM
You are too dumb to even realize this thread exists because someone was too stupid to understand an youtube video, and you went on with your stupid propaganda.

You couldn't make yourself look more of an idiot even if you tried.
So facts in my posts = idiot but stupidfucs like yourself that brings no facts = genius?

juju151111
10-23-2015, 08:43 PM
I never said it was a lot.

Just the very minor difference of FTA per game when playing at age 25 and at age 34....when he clearly lost some athleticism/speed while settling for more jumpers/set shots.
Because he played in the post.

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 08:44 PM
Mj drived or wrked in the post at 33-35. He was averging 8 fts in 96. He also had a broken knuckle in 98 which is why he had to adjust his shot. He shot horrible from midrange at the start of 98. He was driving more because of that.
Link to broken knuckle?

Beginning of the season doesn't = avg. for the whole reg. season.

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 08:48 PM
Because he played in the post.
which meant more jumpers, less driving to the basket all while trying to stay away from contact at an older age.

Wade's Rings
10-23-2015, 08:50 PM

Oh ok thanks for the clarification :cheers:

nnn123
10-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Jordan definitely got more calls than anyone else. All you have to do is look to his 98 "farewell" season where he took 8.8fta's. Whats the problem? The problem is that, that is the most ft's he took per game since 1989. So a guy who has been moving away from the basket and driving less and less takes the most ft's since he was 25? Yeah that's not fishy...a Jordan who was primarily getting his points in the mid post averages 8.8fta's...something he didn't even do in the early 90s?...right. They gave him a farewell tour, alright.

He had an injured hand in the '98 season that affected his shooting, and adjusted by driving to the hoop way more than he had in his previous 2 seasons. Also the handchecking rules were softer after 94

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 09:21 PM
He had an injured hand in the '98 season that affected his shooting, and adjusted by driving to the hoop way more than he had in his previous 2 seasons. Also the handchecking rules were softer after 94
What good logic is there behind driving to the basket more..... which makes you more susceptible to getting hit on the hand?

Link to hand injury?

90sgoat
10-23-2015, 09:26 PM

Career FTr
MJ - .348
Kobe - .388
Lebron - .428
Durant - .435
Wade - .459
Harden - .548

Lebron fam murdered:

http://i.imgur.com/l9wF4.png

DonDadda59
10-23-2015, 10:19 PM
What good logic is there behind driving to the basket more..... which makes you more susceptible to getting hit on the hand?

Can't get the sort of touch you need on a shot, how else are you gonna get buckets? :confusedshrug:

Link to hand injury?

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/4d652706cadcbbf238010000-590/michael-jordan.jpg

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/17/20/86/43/hand-m11.jpg

sportjames23
10-23-2015, 10:27 PM
Bron fam gettin rectk'd in this thread. :eek:

Hey Yo
10-23-2015, 10:37 PM
2 random photo's..... but no link(S) reporting the face of the sporting world having an injured finger at the beginning of the 1998 season??

1987_Lakers
10-23-2015, 10:57 PM
Never seen that vid before, the way that ref sucked up to MJ was embarrassing, can you imagine if there was footage of a ref sucking up to LeBron like that? ISH would go crazy.

DonDadda59
10-23-2015, 11:38 PM
2 random photo's..... but no link(S) reporting the face of the sporting world having an injured finger at the beginning of the 1998 season??

:rolleyes:

Just take the L and move along. Jordan dislocated his right index finger several times from '95-'98. He had ligament damage as a result:

Such was the case Saturday against Los Angeles. Jordan dislocated the finger on his shooting hand and took a seat on the bench next to Rodman, who has been bothered by calf injuries. Pippen scored nine of the Bulls' next 11 points as Chicago took control of the game.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/457331/JORDAN-DECLARES-BULLS-ARE-NOW-PIPPENS-TEAM.html?pg=all

"When Hefferon did the surgery, he saw all the ligament damage I already had from dislocating my finger so many times," Jordan said. "So the only thing he could do was reattach the tendon. He said, `You'll lose some mobility; there is nothing I can do.'

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20000324&slug=4011632

LBJFTW
10-24-2015, 12:02 AM
Current era is soft. You have more players getting injured despite having less harder fouls on players.

In Jordan's era, you had players getting fouled hard and less injuries per season and that includes taking into account that there are more teams these days.

catch24
10-24-2015, 12:07 AM
Current era is soft. You have more players getting injured despite having less harder fouls on players.

In Jordan's era, you had players getting fouled hard and less injuries per season and that includes taking into account that there are more teams these days.

Do you have numbers to back that up, or? Injuries have always plagued the sport dude. :oldlol:

Megabox!
10-24-2015, 01:55 AM
Never seen that vid before, the way that ref sucked up to MJ was embarrassing, can you imagine if there was footage of a ref sucking up to LeBron like that? ISH would go crazy.
All of the MJ and Kobe stans would just be bitching(as usual) claiming that the league coddles him.

3ball
10-24-2015, 02:02 AM
The problem is that, that is the most ft's he took per game since 1989. So a guy who has been moving away from the basket and driving less and less takes the most ft's since he was 25?

You don't know the facts... MJ had 89 dunks in 1998... That would rank 2nd in Kobe or Tmac's entire careers.. And it would be BY FAR the most dunks in a season for Westbrook's career, or Paul George and just about everyone... You guys don't realize how athletic MJ was, that's all.

MJ still went to the hole a ton in 1998, and he was much smarter than he was in 1989, so he knew how to draw fouls better... Unfortunately, for someone like you who's never picked up a basketball, you can't comprehend how a player can get better at drawing fouls as he gets older.. :rolleyes:

Btw, in MJ's prime, he got 150 dunks a year - the only non-bigs in history that dunked that much are Dr. J...... Lebron.......... That's it.. Let me know if you want me to post the source where MJ's dunks were recorded - they come from old Philadelphia 76'er media guides - their media guides in the late 80's and 90's tracked everyone's dunks.

Solid Snake
10-24-2015, 02:04 AM

You're wrong on this. I watched that season live as it happened and he was MUCH more of a jumpshooter than ANY time in his career.

nnn123
10-24-2015, 03:35 AM
You're wrong on this. I watched that season live as it happened and he was MUCH more of a jumpshooter than ANY time in his career.

http://nyloncalculus.com/shotchart/nba/

According to these shotcharts, 20% of Jordan's shots were within a 5 foot radius from the hoop in 1997, versus 25% in 1998.

DonDadda59
10-24-2015, 04:02 AM

According to these shotcharts, 20% of Jordan's shots were within a 5 foot radius from the hoop in 1997, versus 25% in 1998.

Bron Family in this thread:

http://blog.chicagohistory.org/wp-content/uploads/stvdaymassacre_ch_00432.jpg

My goodness... How many Ls can one family hold in a single thread? This has to be some sort of World Record. Quick, somebody call Guinness.

GIF REACTION
10-24-2015, 04:13 AM
Jordan was protected by the refs

This isn't a surprise

It forced defenders to play off him more

Just look at the Reggie Miller incident

Everyone in the arena saw he clearly punched Reggie in the jaw

GIF REACTION
10-24-2015, 04:27 AM

ShaqTwizzle
10-24-2015, 04:34 AM
Jordan confirmed for scam.
All his Rings are revoked.

Blue&Orange
10-24-2015, 08:58 AM
So facts in my posts = idiot but stupidfucs like yourself that brings no facts = genius?
What facts are you talking about you ****ing retard? You are being murdered with facts like you and your buddies constantly are. You are a ****ing cockroach, you keep getting owned and destroyed, but you keep coming back.

let me correct this.

You are too dumb to even realize this thread exists because someone was too stupid to understand an youtube video, and you went on with your stupid propaganda AND YOU GOT OWNED AGAIN WITH FACTS.

You couldn't make yourself look more of a RETARD even if you tried.

NBAplayoffs2001
10-24-2015, 10:04 AM

Exactly. I remember watching a 1998 Knicks vs Bulls game back then and felt that he was getting every call. Nearly as bad as the Heat during those few postseason series that they got way more calls than the other team.

AirFederer
10-24-2015, 10:12 AM
Don Dadda with muliple 187's vs the L family :applause: :cheers:

feyki
10-24-2015, 10:12 AM

True .

Jordan,Shaq,Wade,Kobe,Lebron all of them protect from refs in their primes . 2006 Wade attempt 19 ft at last 4 games of the 2006 finals . That's top of the superstars protection.

Hey Yo
10-24-2015, 10:55 AM
:rolleyes:

Just take the L and move along. Jordan dislocated his right index finger several times from '95-'98. He had ligament damage as a result:

Such was the case Saturday against Los Angeles. Jordan dislocated the finger on his shooting hand and took a seat on the bench next to Rodman, who has been bothered by calf injuries. Pippen scored nine of the Bulls' next 11 points as Chicago took control of the game.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/457331/JORDAN-DECLARES-BULLS-ARE-NOW-PIPPENS-TEAM.html?pg=all

"When Hefferon did the surgery, he saw all the ligament damage I already had from dislocating my finger so many times," Jordan said. "So the only thing he could do was reattach the tendon. He said, `You'll lose some mobility; there is nothing I can do.'

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20000324&slug=4011632
One article dated December 18th, after the beginning of the 1995 season and the other is from 2000 when he cut it on a cigar cutter the year after he quit again.

Yet still no articles dated at the beginning or for the entire reg. season of 1998 about MJ's injured finger.

Hey Yo
10-24-2015, 11:03 AM

From that site.

Late 90s Data Disclaimer: Data from 1996, and to a lesser extent data from 1997, 1998, and 1999, has known problems. The NBA appears to have kept coarser location data back then, especially around the hoop, where virtually all shots were chunked into the same bin. It also seems that some shots simply have inaccurate location data. Unfortunately it is difficult to correct for these innacuracies, so the late 90's charts should be interpreted cautiously.

Blue&Orange
10-24-2015, 02:01 PM
The retard that constantly uses the more irrelevant stat know to man (plus-minus) worried about the accuracy of some stat.

:roll: :roll:

buddha
10-24-2015, 02:16 PM

that's the NBA. all these superstars are manufactured. LeBron is allowed to travel and stiff arm people while getting plenty of touch calls that scrubs don't get.

it's the NBA's business model, stop watching if you don't like it.

Naero
10-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Yes, Michael Jordan was a subject for favoritistic treatment from the league, but the preferential treatment only became blatantly dubious after his first retirement; that was after his impact on the league was sorely missed, as it became more contrasted than ever how the best player in the world--also the acclaimed GOAT to many after he capped off his first three-pear--popularized the league and globalized interest in it.

Before that first retirement, there weren't any blatant Jordan-centric agendas; look at how physical the defense was, especially against the "Bad Boys" that his team was roadblocked against until their breakthrough in 1991. Favoritistic agendas were only aimed at the more lucrative series, such as the Knicks-Bulls series; since that agenda was also aimed more towards extending the series than to favor either team, as they are both high-market franchises, the advantages and disadvantages worked both ways.

Michael Jordan's career stretch from 1984-93 already out-accomplishes the careers of any modern players alone; his second three-pear, which is where the preferential treatment actually became a factor, only iced the cake. Even then, the officiating wasn't that blatant to truly render those accomplishments discreditable; otherwise, it would be well-documented, a la Lakers-Kings Game 6 in the 2002 Western Conference Finals.

juju151111
10-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Link to broken knuckle?

Beginning of the season doesn't = avg. for the whole reg. season.
Look for the link yourself numnuts. He had the broken knuckle the whole year he just had to adjust to it. In fact he had bad knees that season too at 35. Go to google and type broken knuckle 98 Mj.

juju151111
10-24-2015, 05:42 PM
From that site.

Late 90s Data Disclaimer: Data from 1996, and to a lesser extent data from 1997, 1998, and 1999, has known problems. The NBA appears to have kept coarser location data back then, especially around the hoop, where virtually all shots were chunked into the same bin. It also seems that some shots simply have inaccurate location data. Unfortunately it is difficult to correct for these innacuracies, so the late 90's charts should be interpreted cautiously.
Didn't you just say Mj wasn't driving more in 98 yet he had has many dunks has Prime Kobe and shot more in the paint then previous season at 35 years old.

juju151111
10-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Yes, Michael Jordan was a subject for favoritistic treatment from the league, but the preferential treatment only became blatantly dubious after his first retirement; that was after his impact on the league was sorely missed, as it became more contrasted than ever how the best player in the world--also the acclaimed GOAT to many after he capped off his first three-pear--popularized the league and globalized interest in it.

Before that first retirement, there weren't any blatant Jordan-centric agendas; look at how physical the defense was, especially against the "Bad Boys" that his team was roadblocked against until their breakthrough in 1991. Favoritistic agendas were only aimed at the more lucrative series, such as the Knicks-Bulls series; since that agenda was also aimed more towards extending the series than to favor either team, as they are both high-market franchises, the advantages and disadvantages worked both ways.

Michael Jordan's career stretch from 1984-93 already out-accomplishes the careers of any modern players alone; his second three-pear, which is where the preferential treatment actually became a factor, only iced the cake. Even then, the officiating wasn't that blatant to truly render those accomplishments discreditable; otherwise, it would be well-documented, a la Lakers-Kings Game 6 in the 2002 Western Conference Finals.
Mj and the Bulls wasn't getting any special treatment after his first retirement either. Look at 98 ecf

diamenz
10-24-2015, 07:41 PM
gif reaction/nba55/livinglegend you are a fckn loser. no offense either, i just feel sorry for you.

DaOldLion
10-24-2015, 08:45 PM

interesting stuff

Straight_Ballin
10-24-2015, 10:03 PM
gif reaction/nba55/livinglegend you are a fckn loser. no offense either, i just feel sorry for you.

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xta1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11123698_819169638161391_1192950977_n.jpg