PDA

View Full Version : Who is better, Jahil Okafor or D'Angelo Russell?

keep-itreal
10-24-2015, 04:12 AM
who is better?

Cocaine80s
10-24-2015, 04:23 AM
Christian Thompson

midatlantic09
10-24-2015, 10:20 AM
That's like asking "which is better, spaghetti or ice cream?"

fiddy
10-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Season hasnt even started yet, wtf seriously

feyki
10-24-2015, 10:37 AM
For What?

IGOTGAME
10-24-2015, 11:30 AM
Okafor has shown me more potential. He has hit a few jumpers and his moves look like they have translated. he also looks nba strong at 19 which means he will likely be a beast when he develops even more

90sgoat
10-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Okafor has shown me more potential. He has hit a few jumpers and his moves look like they have translated. he also looks nba strong at 19 which means he will likely be a beast when he develops even more

He isn't center size though, but maybe that is fine with the small ball theme.

ralph_i_el
10-24-2015, 11:33 AM

He's 280 with a 7'5" wingspan. Gtfo

IGOTGAME
10-24-2015, 11:35 AM

he seems big enough to play center imo. he has really long arms and is getting a good share of blocks just standing straight up. I've seen him muscle out grown big centers for rebounds at 19...I think he will be fine as far as size is concerned.

edit: ^^^that guy beat me to it

noob cake
10-24-2015, 11:43 AM

Okafor 6' 10.75" without shoes, 9' 2.5" reach, 7' 5" wingspan

Towns 6' 10.25" without shoes, 9' 1" reach, 7' 3.25" wingspan

Keep on spreading that lie bro. Towns = perfect size. Okafor = "too small" for center. :roll: :roll: :roll:

bobopenguin
10-24-2015, 11:46 AM

http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_article_image/otivox4d6ac9o5qu8qkq.jpg

SwishSquared
10-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Both aren't inspiring much confidence, but they're a year removed from HS, so it's way too early.

Okafor has struggled in post isolations and has been getting blocked. He'll need to learn to leverage his size to move guys instead of trying to score around them. His man interior defense is better than I expected, but he's making mental mistakes positionally imo and in providing help D. His footspeed might allow him to move quickly enough to contest in the future when he rotates, but not smother guys coming down the lane (a la Nerlens Noel).

I haven't watched much of Russell so far. How's he holding up physically? I know he took a nasty fall on his tailbone and had a bone bruise on his foot. I imagine those two things might slow him down some.

I think Okafor is the better guy most likely right now, based on what I've read. Wouldn't surprise me at all if 5 years from now Russell is better.

Sidenote- gut instinct is Philly trades Okafor next summer. I think Russell is a Laker at least through his rookie deal.

midatlantic09
10-24-2015, 11:01 PM
Both aren't inspiring much confidence, but they're a year removed from HS, so it's way too early.

Okafor has struggled in post isolations and has been getting blocked. He'll need to learn to leverage his size to move guys instead of trying to score around them. His man interior defense is better than I expected, but he's making mental mistakes positionally imo and in providing help D. His footspeed might allow him to move quickly enough to contest in the future when he rotates, but not smother guys coming down the lane (a la Nerlens Noel).

I haven't watched much of Russell so far. How's he holding up physically? I know he took a nasty fall on his tailbone and had a bone bruise on his foot. I imagine those two things might slow him down some.

I think Okafor is the better guy most likely right now, based on what I've read. Wouldn't surprise me at all if 5 years from now Russell is better.

Sidenote- gut instinct is Philly trades Okafor next summer. I think Russell is a Laker at least through his rookie deal.

Explain.

CarlosBoozer
10-24-2015, 11:12 PM
Unless he's a complete bust, why would philly trade Okafar :lol

You cant develop bigs that fast

SwishSquared
10-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Don't want to de-rail thread so PM if you want to continue the convo beyond this post.
Explain.
Unless he's a complete bust, why would philly trade Okafar

You cant develop bigs that fast
I didn't say they wouldn't trade him if he doesn't develop or doesn't develop fast enough. It's a bold prediction and just speculation on my part. They have up to 4 first round picks next draft and likely have Saric & Embiid (although not saying much re: Joel...) joining the team next year. I bet they consolidate valuable picks + some young players in hopes of taking a leap for the 2016-2017 season by acquiring players who are more likely "superstar" caliber. I think Okafor would be a really good trade chip to accomplish this.

I doubt that they trade Noel- he's a budding beast and is already good on defense. It's more likely Noel becomes above average on offense faster than Okafor becomes above average on either offense and defense imo.

Also- MCW wasn't a complete bust and they traded him. If you value the incoming player(s)/pick(s) more than your current player(s)/pick(s), you likely do the swap. Everything Hinkie has done up to this point suggests if the right offer comes along, he'll part with a player.

JtotheIzzo
10-24-2015, 11:40 PM
Okafor

Lakers used the same dumb logic people used to use when they drafted big.

"the league is run by guards now so we need to take a guard."

idiotic, you are LA, take the best player and then attract a guard via free agency.

The Lakers outsmarted themselves here. There are nearly 20 REALLY GOOD PGs in the NBA at the moment, surely the Lakers could get one via free agency, why not take a really good big and then get the PG later?

Stupid. the Lakers making errors as they descend further into the lottery soup.

IGOTGAME
10-24-2015, 11:42 PM
Okafor

idiotic, you are LA, take the best player and then attract a guard via free agency.

The Lakers outsmarted themselves here. There are nearly 20 REALLY GOOD PGs in the NBA at the moment, surely the Lakers could get one via free agency, why not take a really good big and then get the PG later?

you obviously didn't get the Grantland memo...this is the post 2010 NBA. Players like Okafor have no place here

AirTupac
10-24-2015, 11:52 PM
Okafor

LOL. Yeah cause Lakers would definitely win a championship with a center who cant defend anything or rebound to save his life. Lakers are toast forever. You are original.

CarlosBoozer
10-25-2015, 12:15 AM
Relax bro.

JtotheIzzo
10-25-2015, 04:37 AM
you obviously didn't get the Grantland memo...this is the post 2010 NBA. Players like Okafor have no place here

So having a 25-30 ranked PG is the better formula? Lakers might have a top five worst backcourt this year, greatness!

bobopenguin
10-25-2015, 05:02 AM
LOL. Yeah cause Lakers would definitely win a championship with a center who cant defend anything or rebound to save his life. Lakers are toast forever. You are original.

At this stage I don't see how is DAngelo better than okafor.