https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfUwgN8JrvA

:bowdown:

BuffaloBill
10-24-2015, 07:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/dNS9Jyr.gif

3ball
10-24-2015, 07:45 AM

Spacing is an amazing thing - it makes everything look so much easier.

Off-ball players benefit immensely from spacing - they have more freedom of movement and more pockets of open space.

Imagine an off-ball player like MJ playing alongside a good primary ballhandler like Wade who commanded a strongside flood - imagine how dangerous MJ would be on the weakside, when that side is left a man down defensively during a strongside flood.

Back in the day when there was no spacing, MJ worked so hard to score off-ball.. It's a pretty stark contrast from the easy bunnies he'd get in today's spaced-out court, seen in the OP gif.

90sgoat
10-24-2015, 07:46 AM

Off-ball players benefit immensely from spacing - they have more freedom of movement and more pockets of open space.

Imagine an off-ball player like MJ playing alongside a good primary ballhandler like Wade who commanded a strongside flood - imagine how dangerous MJ would be on the weakside, when that side is left a man down defensively during a strongside flood.

MJ used to have to work so hard to score off-ball back when there was no spacing... It's a pretty stark contrast from the easy bunnies he'd get in today's spaced-out court, seen in the OP gif.

True enough 3Ball, but if I have to watch any team exploit that spacing then it's Spurs.

Easily the best team of the new era.

3ball
10-24-2015, 07:49 AM
True enough 3Ball, but if I have to watch any team exploit that spacing then it's Spurs.

agreed.. spurs have the cutting edge strategy and highly-scouted personnel that can execute their strategy... but the warriors are the new-age spurs.. they've taken it to another level.. the way they dominated last season is really something.. domination from start to finish... barely any hiccups.. the worst they played all year was easily early-on in the Finals.

sundizz
10-24-2015, 08:53 AM
agreed.. spurs have the cutting edge strategy and highly-scouted personnel that can execute their strategy... but the warriors are the new-age spurs.. they've taken it to another level.. the way they dominated last season is really something.. domination from start to finish... barely any hiccups.. the worst they played all year was easily early-on in the Finals.

I disagree (and I'm the best Warriors fan around). The Spurs still are better at it but the Dubs have a MVP level player in his prime. His individual brilliance is what makes their offense look spectacular. When you take him out for long stretches of time their offense is simply good. He creates a lot of their spacing with his shooting and his dribbling. They do have players that are good at passing, and it is to Kerr's credit that they do it as well as they do. However, Diaw and Ginobili are both miles ahead of anyone on the Dubs as far as passers go (and prolly that new old man playing Spurs rookie too).

Spurs5Rings2014
10-24-2015, 11:12 AM

:applause:

90sgoat
10-24-2015, 11:16 AM

Disagree, Warriors are much to reliant on their 3 point shot and lucked out because Love and Iriving were injured.

Warriors had significant problems just passing out of double teams and finding easy buckets.

Spurs are more dangerous because they still play the mid range game (Parker) and post game (Duncan, Kawhi, West now). Parker is a great midrange player. Spurs get a lot more easy buckets closer to the basket.

That's not the most important for me, which is that Spurs are actually playing basketball that to me is entertaining, unlike 9/10 teams of the rest of the league. The few other teams I find entertaining are Bulls, OKC and Memphis, which play a more traditional game.

Spurs do exploit spacing, but they also punish you on the low block and from midrange if teams try to chase you off the 3 point shot. That is the major difference between Spurs and Warriors. When Cavs pressured and doubled Curry and Klay, then Klay responded with falling through Harden OKC style and Curry had significant difficulties passing out of the double team. And when he did it was mostly to Draymond Green who wasn't a good enough finisher or playmaker.

If you chase Green, Mills, Manu, Parker of the 3 ball then Spurs use a couple of quick passes and find Duncan or Diaw (now West, LMA) for an easy low post bucket. If you cover Green etc hard to deny the kick out then Parker finds an easy layup. If you run a soft shading zone, then Parker hits the open mid range.

Spurs are pretty much the perfect team for this era and they are only threathened when they face highly athletic teams which can exploit Manu, Parker, Duncan being old.

CurryOverLebron
10-24-2015, 12:09 PM
Its to fun to watch optimal, equal-opportunity offenses.

BuffaloBill
10-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Notice how it's an actual no look pass and not the classic Lebron "pass then look away."

Harison
10-24-2015, 12:43 PM

3ball
10-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Disagree, Warriors are much to reliant on their 3 point shot and lucked out because Love and Iriving were injured.

Warriors had significant problems just passing out of double teams and finding easy buckets.

Spurs are more dangerous because they still play the mid range game (Parker) and post game (Duncan, Kawhi, West now). Parker is a great midrange player. Spurs get a lot more easy buckets closer to the basket.

That's not the most important for me, which is that Spurs are actually playing basketball that to me is entertaining, unlike 9/10 teams of the rest of the league. The few other teams I find entertaining are Bulls, OKC and Memphis, which play a more traditional game.

Spurs do exploit spacing, but they also punish you on the low block and from midrange if teams try to chase you off the 3 point shot. That is the major difference between Spurs and Warriors. When Cavs pressured and doubled Curry and Klay, then Klay responded with falling through Harden OKC style and Curry had significant difficulties passing out of the double team. And when he did it was mostly to Draymond Green who wasn't a good enough finisher or playmaker.

If you chase Green, Mills, Manu, Parker of the 3 ball then Spurs use a couple of quick passes and find Duncan or Diaw (now West, LMA) for an easy low post bucket. If you cover Green etc hard to deny the kick out then Parker finds an easy layup. If you run a soft shading zone, then Parker hits the open mid range.

Spurs are pretty much the perfect team for this era and they are only threathened when they face highly athletic teams which can exploit Manu, Parker, Duncan being old.
I agree with all this... Midrange has always been the key to offensive diversity.

Rocketswin2013
10-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Jones is laughably bad on defense.

Spurs m8
10-24-2015, 02:11 PM
I disagree (and I'm the best Warriors fan around). The Spurs still are better at it but the Dubs have a MVP level player in his prime. His individual brilliance is what makes their offense look spectacular. When you take him out for long stretches of time their offense is simply good. He creates a lot of their spacing with his shooting and his dribbling. They do have players that are good at passing, and it is to Kerr's credit that they do it as well as they do. However, Diaw and Ginobili are both miles ahead of anyone on the Dubs as far as passers go (and prolly that new old man playing Spurs rookie too).

100% this

La Frescobaldi
10-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Jones is laughably bad on defense.
Harden doesn't even bother doing anything but watch the ball go by.

edit ~ wait he did wave his arm at it

JimmyMcAdocious
10-24-2015, 03:40 PM
That's like a 5 on the Ginobili passing scale.

Straight_Ballin
10-24-2015, 03:46 PM
That's like a 5 on the Ginobili passing scale.

I'm just waiting for the next shamgod $hit show that Ginboili pulls. One of those games where he does his shamgod move like 10 times and scores each time.

bluechox2
10-24-2015, 05:10 PM

Fiasco
10-24-2015, 07:19 PM
Just beautiful.

DoctorP
10-25-2015, 03:18 AM
thats's a no-look pass.

Spurs5Rings2014
10-25-2015, 03:24 AM
Notice how it's an actual no look pass and not the classic Lebron "pass then look away."

:lol

dhsilv
10-25-2015, 05:07 AM

Back in the day when there was no spacing, MJ worked so hard to score off-ball.. It's a pretty stark contrast from the easy bunnies he'd get in today's spaced-out court, seen in the OP gif.

you're a seriously annoying person. BTW what are your thoughts on the color of the sky since we're talking about NOTHING related to this freaking topic!

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
10-25-2015, 06:51 AM
GOAT SG passer easily. His court vision is up there with Bird and Magic

90sgoat
10-25-2015, 06:58 AM
:rockon:

NZStreetBaller
10-25-2015, 07:04 AM
Manu is the second greatest passing sg behind kobe.

dhsilv
10-25-2015, 08:59 AM

Honestly never seen anyone who could consistently make the absurd passes this guy does. He does stuff you'd expect in a globetrotter game, and he'll do it in the nba finals!

He's seriously a magician with the ball, all be it sometimes his fancy stuff turns the ball over.

WillC
10-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Reminds me of Pete Maravich.

Gotterdammerung
10-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Reminds me of Pete Maravich.

On the Pistol:

Ten years ago, he was ahead of the times. Ten years from now, he will be ahead of the times.

rmt
10-26-2015, 12:57 AM

This is spot on. IOW, Spurs have a much more varied offense than the Warriors - and not as dependent on any one person. If someone is off, another picks up the slack. I am concerned about the lack of depth of the Spurs' perimeter and at center (if LMA doesn't want to play C).

WayOfWade
10-26-2015, 01:13 AM
I'm not that big a Ginobili fan, but I have to admit that he is a freaking good/cool player and I respect the dude

Nick Young
10-26-2015, 01:26 AM
3rd best SG of all time behind Kobe and MJ:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ralph_i_el
10-26-2015, 01:31 AM
you're a seriously annoying person. BTW what are your thoughts on the color of the sky since we're talking about NOTHING related to this freaking topic!

When 3ball looks at the sky, all the clouds are shaped like the jumpman

imdaman99
10-26-2015, 01:43 AM
It helps when your teammates cut to the basket and put themselves in favorable position + have good hands to catch the no-looks.

But still an awesome pass :bowdown:

SsKSpurs21
10-26-2015, 01:05 PM
watch the ball curve... WTF

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/51b140566bb3f7573c000008/manu-ginobli-pass.gif

between the legs...he has a ton of these

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/manu-nutmeg-prince-1.gif

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Manu-Ginobili-Pass-Through-Kobe-Bryants-Legs.gif

some behind the back action

http://giant.gfycat.com/GrizzledEvergreenBrownbutterfly.gif

http://i1.wp.com/www.prosportstop10.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Manu-Ginobili-Behind-the-Back-Pass-Gif.gif

rmt
10-26-2015, 01:43 PM
My favorite Manu pass is one to Oberto while he was surrounded by 3 opposing players. Sorry wouldn't know how to post even if I could find it. Manu's nuts - I wonder if he even knows he's gonna do some crazy pass or it's just spur of the moment. Gotta admire that kind of guts.

SsKSpurs21
10-26-2015, 01:56 PM
My favorite Manu pass is one to Oberto while he was surrounded by 3 opposing players. Sorry wouldn't know how to post even if I could find it. Manu's nuts - I wonder if he even knows he's gonna do some crazy pass or it's just spur of the moment. Gotta admire that kind of guts.

is it this one?

http://i.imgur.com/17D6W2c.gif

chips93
10-26-2015, 02:08 PM

draymond was the open man, it was the right play for curry to keep feeding him when he found himself doubled.

draymond is one of the better passing bigs in the league, and ended up averaging 5 assists per game in the finals.

the cavs defensive game plan relied on draymond not making the right passes and not finishing at the rim. it worked early on, but it wasnt gonna last, green is too good a player.