PDA

View Full Version : Karl Anthony Towns how good will he become

juju151111
10-24-2015, 11:47 AM
He seems to be a natural in the Post even through he just started to post up last year and he has a great work ethic.

bobopenguin
10-24-2015, 11:55 AM
He seems to be a natural in the Post even through he just started to post up last year and he has a great work ethic.

maybe be another amare?

Dave3
10-24-2015, 12:22 PM
Was just thinking about this after the Twolves game. He looks like he has all the tools to be a franchise level player. He's got defense, low post touch, midrange jumpers, and athleticism. He might be the Twolves best player by next year if Wiggins doesn't make a jump.

RidonKs
10-24-2015, 12:37 PM
kobe/shaq + stock/malone = wiggins/towns

FreezingTsmoove
10-24-2015, 12:45 PM
I too see Malone

Hes really young and already has the strength and look of an nba vet

Hes going to be one of the biggest players physcially in a couple years, like Aaron Gordon

SwishSquared
10-24-2015, 02:19 PM
Rich Man's Al Horford. Will be at least solid in nearly every facet on both ends. I think he can be your best player on a contender, even if he's not the most "dynamic" guy on your squad. By that I mean he's gonna be up consistently great stats, instead of "spikes" in production.

Rocketswin2013
10-24-2015, 02:24 PM
These comparisons... Duncan/Horford is a good one.

Amare? Shaq? :roll:

SwishSquared
10-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Was just thinking about this after the Twolves game. He looks like he has all the tools to be a franchise level player. He's got defense, low post touch, midrange jumpers, and athleticism. He might be the Twolves best player by next year if Wiggins doesn't make a jump.I honestly think the T-Wolves may have hit the jackpot- they have an excellent 1-2 punch with these two guys. I expect both to be at least top 15 level guys, with their peaks coinciding. That's just scary for the rest of the league.

Whatever they get from Rubio, Lavine, Shabazz, Dieng, Payne, Bjelica, etc. is gravy. Although I would expcect Bjelica to be too old to be a big contributor (or on a different squad) once Wiggins/Towns really ascend.

Bay Area Baller
10-24-2015, 03:00 PM
I disagree with post above. I see his game needing more polishing and not quite NBA ready. He could be very productive in a couple years but for now he is just a nice option to have without much impact. I consider his immediate ceiling to be higher than the effect MKG had but his overall ceiling to be similar to Willie Cauley Stein another 7 footer in the draft. There I said it.

IGOTGAME
10-24-2015, 03:02 PM
I disagree with post above. I see his game needing more polishing and not quite NBA ready. He could be very productive in a couple years but for now he is just a nice option to have without much impact. I consider his immediate ceiling to be higher than the effect MKG had but his overall ceiling to be similar to Willie Cauley Stein another 7 footer in the draft. There I said it.

Have you watched him? what isnt nba ready?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k47ZONTA_SE

juju151111
10-24-2015, 03:04 PM
He isn't nba ready? :wtf:

SwishSquared
10-24-2015, 03:05 PM
I disagree with post above. I see his game needing more polishing and not quite NBA ready. He could be very productive in a couple years but for now he is just a nice option to have without much impact. I consider his immediate ceiling to be higher than the effect MKG had but his overall ceiling to be similar to Willie Cauley Stein another 7 footer in the draft. There I said it.You don't think in ~5 years that the Wiggins/Towns combo will be foundational/franchise-leading?

I'm not saying these guys are currently a deadly, two-way 1-2 punch, but they'll get there. As far as "potential" goes, the T-Wolves have the best two building blocks in the entire league imo.

Bay Area Baller
10-24-2015, 03:13 PM
You don't think in ~5 years that the Wiggins/Towns combo will be foundational/franchise-leading?

I'm not saying these guys are currently a deadly, two-way 1-2 punch, but they'll get there. As far as "potential" goes, the T-Wolves have the best two building blocks in the entire league imo.

Yeah agree thats what I'm saying. Okay yeah in 5 years he could be the starting Center they need. Still needs work with his post up game but has nice put backs. I was a little harsh saying his ceiling was only WCS. But I just don't see him as a big game changer and the way the wolves are constructed right now I'm guessing they aren't playoff bound.

SwishSquared
10-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Yeah agree thats what I'm saying. Okay yeah in 5 years he could be the starting Center they need. Still needs work with his post up game but has nice put backs. I was a little harsh saying his ceiling was only WCS. But I just don't see him as a big game changer and the way the wolves are constructed right now I'm guessing they aren't playoff bound.Yeah I see now what you're saying. My initial post wasn't talking about how they'll do this year- I was looking @ the future.

Most rookies don't contribute much to wins- in fact they're typically worse than replacement level players (which was true even in Wiggins' case). I expect the Wolves to be bad, but it'll only add to their talent pool imo being back in the lotto. They'll miss the playoffs, but that shouldn't be a bad thing necessarily. They need the young guys to get minutes in order to develop. It's about the future in their case. Martin, Pek, Prince, A. Miller, etc. and their goals aren't who they need to worry about.

juju151111
10-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Yeah agree thats what I'm saying. Okay yeah in 5 years he could be the starting Center they need. Still needs work with his post up game but has nice put backs. I was a little harsh saying his ceiling was only WCS. But I just don't see him as a big game changer and the way the wolves are constructed right now I'm guessing they aren't playoff bound.
How do you think KAT is WCS ceiling. He the better passer,scorer,etc... and they are equal defensively.

RidonKs
10-24-2015, 04:10 PM
he's one of the most refined talents we have seen in years

if he has problems over his career, safe to say they will be strictly physical. he's already slow and plodding and he's only entering his first nba season. if he doesn't exert the effort to keep his weight down, he could turn into a somewhat lazy ultra talented 2nd/3rd option. like obviously better than zach randolph but closer to that level than charles barkley. worst case scenario he can be a really effective high post player... if an offense can revolve around joachim noah in the high post, it can revolve around towns doing similar things.

we'll see if his attitude is right over the next few seasons. one thing is for sure though, that he'll have no excuse for talent going forward. minny has accomplished one of the most successful rebuilds probably ever. i still can't get over the highway robbery of that kevin love trade... and i'm higher on love than most of this board.

SwishSquared
10-24-2015, 04:32 PM

if he has problems over his career, safe to say they will be strictly physical. he's already slow and plodding and he's only entering his first nba season. if he doesn't exert the effort to keep his weight down, he could turn into a somewhat lazy ultra talented 2nd/3rd option. like obviously better than zach randolph but closer to that level than charles barkley. worst case scenario he can be a really effective high post player... if an offense can revolve around joachim noah in the high post, it can revolve around towns doing similar things.

we'll see if his attitude is right over the next few seasons. one thing is for sure though, that he'll have no excuse for talent going forward. minny has accomplished one of the most successful rebuilds probably ever. i still can't get over the highway robbery of that kevin love trade... and i'm higher on love than most of this board.If things workout, this might be the luckiest rebuild we've seen, considering the position Minny was in. OKC's is luckier (hitting on Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka/Harden consecutively is insane) based on the continued great drafting, but the return for Love was amazing. A guy (essentially) on an expiring contract who was clearly going to leave landed the clear #1 pick in a draft seen as being the best in many years.

I still think a healthy Cavs team would have won the title last season, which would have validated the Love trade undoubtedly. I don't believe much of Windhorst's reporting of the Cavs since LBJ returned, but he said that Cleveland improved its offer after Love demanded to only be traded to the Cavs. I don't get that at all.

Meticode
10-24-2015, 06:32 PM
He's in the best situation he can be in right now as far as a rookie his age. He's going to get decent playing time and he's going to have one of the greatest PFs ever teaching him the ropes. He doesn't grow that environment he's never growing as a player anywhere else.

bluechox2
10-24-2015, 06:41 PM
emeka ofafor years 3-5

JellyBean
10-24-2015, 06:45 PM
Was just thinking about this after the Twolves game. He looks like he has all the tools to be a franchise level player. He's got defense, low post touch, midrange jumpers, and athleticism. He might be the Twolves best player by next year if Wiggins doesn't make a jump.

:applause: Great comments an I agree. KAT has the tools. It is just a matter of time in the gym and learning from peers. He is surrounded by KG, Dre, and Prince. Great cast of mentors.

Cocaine80s
10-24-2015, 06:50 PM
minny has accomplished one of the most successful rebuilds probably ever. i still can't get over the highway robbery of that kevin love trade... and i'm higher on love than most of this board.
Maybe you should wait until Minnesota actually makes the playoffs before saying this

KiiiiNG
10-24-2015, 06:54 PM
Maybe you should wait until Minnesota actually makes the playoffs before saying this
Yeah, no shit. :oldlol:

RidonKs
10-24-2015, 07:13 PM
im lookin at a team with

a top three prospect big
a top three prospect wing
a heady euro distributor
the most athletic player in the league
savvy vets like prince and martin and andre miller
an array of rotation players mostly young
pekovic who might be the most unusual player in the league
AND the return of the greatest player the franchise has ever known to play out his twilight years

luck weighs in where it will but there's no denying the organization has taken full advantage. barring some disastrous blowup 2-3 years down the road, always possible only because we're talking about minnasota which isn't such a draw... you can still say the process was as successful a rebuild as could possibly be expected

Cocaine80s
10-24-2015, 07:15 PM
im lookin at a team with

a top three prospect big
a top three prospect wing
a heady euro distributor
the most athletic player in the league
savvy vets like prince and martin and andre miller
an array of rotation players mostly young
pekovic who might be the most unusual player in the league
AND the return of the greatest player the franchise has ever known to play out his twilight years

luck weighs in where it will but there's no denying the organization has taken full advantage. barring some disastrous blowup 2-3 years down the road, always possible only because we're talking about minnasota which isn't such a draw... you can still say the process was as successful a rebuild as could possibly be expected
I mean the timerwolves couldnt even make the playoffs with Love. How exactly does staying in the same position count as a succesful rebuild. Wiggins didnt even have that great of a rookie season and Towns hasnt even played a regular season game yet. Luckily they have Lavine who will probably be a top 5 sg next year but that isnt enough imo

Captvic
10-24-2015, 07:31 PM
He will be a solid 20-10 guy. He looks like a big man straight from the 90s but the difference is he can actually run down the floor as well. He's gonna be the franchise player, not Wiggins

RidonKs
10-24-2015, 07:37 PM
I mean the timerwolves couldnt even make the playoffs with Love. How exactly does staying in the same position count as a succesful rebuild. Wiggins didnt even have that great of a rookie season and Towns hasnt even played a regular season game yet. Luckily they have Lavine who will probably be a top 5 sg next year but that isnt enough imo
doesn't take much with how lackluster sg's are around the league i guess

love had nobody around him and every right to complain. starting five of rubio, martin, brewer, love, pek?

i don't think the wolves will make the playoffs next year. but certainly they are ready to compete... which means their rebuild is over. which means we can call it successful, or ongoing.

its somewhat unfair since they've been retooling since kg left basically. love+ was the result of that... they ditched love and kept the +. not exactly quick i guess

but fk this "wiggins didnt have that great of a year" if u were watching u couldn't possibly believe this

Uncle Drew
10-24-2015, 08:21 PM
He'll be a legit 2 way star who protects the rim, anchors the defense, dominate you from the low block either scoring or passing and stretch the floor as a 3 pt shooter.

Rich man's Al Horford seems fair.

DaOldLion
10-24-2015, 08:51 PM
pretty good

sammichoffate
10-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Nbadraft.net compared him to Andrew Bogut/Vlade Divac. I think the Al Horford comparison is on point.

RidonKs
10-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Nbadraft.net compared him to Andrew Bogut/Vlade Divac. I think the Al Horford comparison is on point.
eh i don't really agree with any of those comparisons. horford is better than the other two tho

it's his handle that really sets him apart from those guys. same with boogie and blake, it's hard to find comparisons for these guys in the past because rarely have big men been so adept at handling the ball.

barkley and griffin are pretty similar

what about kevin mchale for towns? he's quick, he's got the footwork, plus the bulk and he's not afraid to lower his shoulder. good touch, good passer, decent jumpshot, etc.

FireDavidKahn
10-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Have you watched him? what isnt nba ready?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k47ZONTA_SE
Great post. That dunk he had was sick.

People perceive KAT as being raw or whatever, sort of correctly, because of Kentucky. It's clear as day that Calipari misused KAT as he had so much more to offer. KAT is going to be such a stud

FireDavidKahn
10-24-2015, 10:29 PM

we'll see if his attitude is right over the next few seasons. one thing is for sure though, that he'll have no excuse for talent going forward. minny has accomplished one of the most successful rebuilds probably ever. i still can't get over the highway robbery of that kevin love trade... and i'm higher on love than most of this board.
Towns is far from slow and plodding. :lol

RidonKs
10-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Towns is far from slow and plodding. :lol
that's an exaggeration but he's got heavy feet

Dave3
10-24-2015, 10:39 PM
:applause: Great comments an I agree. KAT has the tools. It is just a matter of time in the gym and learning from peers. He is surrounded by KG, Dre, and Prince. Great cast of mentors.
The guy almost looks like he has no weaknesses. It's a bit uncanny how such a young guy can do everything expected from a low post player. Now obviously he's not actually highly proficient in any of those areas yet, but he seems like he can counter anything the defense gives him. Really excited about his potential.

Swaggin916
10-25-2015, 02:04 AM
He reminds me of Bynum the way he posts and moves in the post... but he can run the floor very well and can get off it well to. i don't see how he doesn't develop into an all star.

DoctorP
10-25-2015, 03:11 AM
all-star

dhsilv
10-25-2015, 05:28 AM

I see him as a hybrid of Vlade and Arvydas Sabonis if he can maximize his talents. I saw a LOT of Arvydas Sabonis last year at Kentucky. He's a bit smaller than Sabonis so we'll see how close he comes, but he's got the tools. He needs to work on his passing game a bit and add a few more feet to his range, but that's what I"m seeing.

BoutPractice
10-25-2015, 06:09 AM
Barring injury he should at least be an all-star and a top 5 center for at least one or two years in his career.

But he can be even more than that and become a perennial all-star, or even the best center in the league (/ second best PF after AD depending on where he settles).

NBAplayoffs2001
10-25-2015, 11:50 AM
I didn't think Wiggins would average more than 13-14 ppg and he proved me wrong. KAT will probably as well. KAT will struggle more as a rookie than Wiggins though. He's a little more raw as a big.

NBAplayoffs2001
10-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Barring injury he should at least be an all-star and a top 5 center for at least one or two years in his career.

But he can be even more than that and become a perennial all-star, or even the best center in the league (/ second best PF after AD depending on where he settles).

Yep KAT is no AD but he could be a tier below.

dhsilv
10-25-2015, 11:53 AM
I didn't think Wiggins would average more than 13-14 ppg and he proved me wrong. KAT will probably as well. KAT will struggle more as a rookie than Wiggins though. He's a little more raw as a big.

Defensively wiggins was pretty nba read, but his offensive game was extremely raw.

KAT is ready for the nba. He's got a reliable jumper. A good hook shot. A few low post moves. An nba body and his hands a pretty solid. Defensively he's going to be very good very soon (I don't think he'll be a foul prone rookie but if he'll end up with a huge flaw I could see that being one just because so many rookies struggle there).

Given the team he's going to be on and if rubio is there to get him the ball, he could very easily be a 20 point a game guy as a rookie. Now again a big part of that is how bad this team is.

FireDavidKahn
10-25-2015, 06:17 PM
that's an exaggeration but he's got heavy feet
https://youtu.be/ttqVfr9XId4?t=1m11s:applause:

Town's Town
10-25-2015, 09:13 PM
He has a chance to be top 10 all time.

L.Kizzle
10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
Jermaine O'Neal.

FireMcFailPlease
10-25-2015, 09:36 PM
https://youtu.be/ttqVfr9XId4?t=1m11s:applause:
:roll: I love armchair scouts.

OG LeeTSkeeT
10-26-2015, 02:44 AM
if only okafor did better to make minny pick him at #1. Lakers would be great rebuilding around KAT.

GoatBoy
10-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Top 10 goat :bowdown: