PDA

View Full Version : Official ISH "No Excuses" thread for the 2015-2016 Season

dubeta
10-26-2015, 09:06 PM
Hey guys! :cheers:

I thought I would do the honours and create this seasons "No Excuses" thread for Insidehoops. Heres the thread to discuss which teams have a bullseye on their back next season, who are the contenders, pretenders, and which fanbase has absolutely no excuses to hide once postseason comes around

I'll start, feel free to agree/disagree

1. GSW - Its hilarious how even NBA analysts and media don't respect their championship last season. No team in history beenfitted with injuries, weak competiton as much as GSW. Every PG they faced was injured, and they basically beat up a 1 man show in the Finals. They ducked OKC, Clippers, Spurs, and a healthy Cavs enroute to the championship. This is the year where they validate their team, as they will finally get challenged this postseason, and therefore they have no excuses not to repeat this season, to validate last years ring.

2. Spurs- Were they a one-hit wonder? 16 years in and the Spurs have never repeated, for all their hype about being this generations 'dynasty'. The Big 3 are getting older, but that is negated with Kawhis improving play and Alridges presence. Overall, they are the most talented team in the league, and this is the season where they have to prove that they are an elite organisation. No they will never repeat, but they have to win at least one more to signify them as a dynasty.

3- Clippers - Something always goes wrong with this team in the playoffs. no one can explain it, maybe CP3 truly is 'cursed' or maybe the CP3-Blake duo isnt as dynamic as we think. They managed to resign Deandre and still have a very talented starting 5, but CP3 is 30 and still hasnt seen a Conference Finals. Immense pressure on Doc and Co. to break the stigma of being a 'mentally weak' team, and finally get to the WCF.

4. Miami Heat- Surprised? Dont be. After losing LeBron James, the 2 superstars Wade and Bosh wrote off last season due to injuries, thus given 'excuses' by many in the media. With additions in Goran Dragic and Amare, the best Center in the league in Whiteside, a fully healthy roster, and an entire training camp to gel together, there can be no excuses for by far the most talented team in the East to not only make the playoffs, but to beat the underdog Cavs and get to the Finals. Wade and Boshs legacy are on the line here, go out with a bang? Or forever be known as LeBrons role-players?

5. The darkhorse team here, is ........

Houston. So close to the Finals last year, but faced a fully healthy Warriors team while they themselves were dealing with injuries. Dwight is getting older, and will ave to prove himself in a contract year, his decision to go to the rockets were due to championship aspirations, this is the year for him to emerge.

Meanwhile Harden is slowly gaining the 'choker' label, not unlike CP3. With historic chokes in any big series he's played in, this is the time to prove his dominance in the playoffs, to validate his 'MVP' talk he likes to bring to his way. With Dwight Howard, and a bunch of great role-players, this is the time to make the finals

AnaheimLakers24
10-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Sick life. Get help

Ps.
Cavs have no excuses

TiagoSimoes
10-26-2015, 09:16 PM
4. Miami Heat- Surprised? Dont be. After losing LeBron James, the 2 superstars Wade and Bosh wrote off last season due to injuries, thus given 'excuses' by many in the media. With additions in Goran Dragic and Amare, the best Center in the league in Whiteside, a fully healthy roster, and an entire training camp to gel together, there can be no excuses for by far the most talented team in the East to not only make the playoffs, but to beat the underdog Cavs and get to the Finals. Wade and Boshs legacy are on the line here, go out with a bang? Or forever be known as LeBrons role-players?

:roll: :lol :roll: :lol :roll: :applause: :hammerhead:

anyways, ill add the Cavs(which everyone knows OP's agenda made him not mention), and OKC. If healthy, anything worse than making the finals, is a massive flop for OKC.

Foster5k
10-26-2015, 09:19 PM
There's no excuse for OP to be this retarded.

Fudge
10-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Lakers

In one offseason: A top 2 draft pick, signing the reigning 6th man of the year, Julius Randle is back and healthy, acquiring 2x all-star and defensive ancor in Hibbert, Brandon Bass, etc.

Akrazotile
10-26-2015, 09:55 PM
OP hit the nail on the head. Very accurate list. A title is the minimum expectation for all of those teams, based on talent and circumstance - anything less will be a colossal failure.

Lebron James will turn 31 this year and is STILL carrying a roster made up entirely of motley assorted parts from various lottery squads. If he can singlehandedly get that team through the very formidable East and into the NBA Finals, what excuse do all of these teams with stacked rosters and 3-4 years or more worth of chemistry have not to do the same? None. Plain and simple.

outbreak
10-26-2015, 09:56 PM
Cavs have no excuses.

Showtime2001
10-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Cavs no excuses.

JT123
10-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Agree with OP, especially about the Heat. If Wade can't lead this stacked Heat roster to AT LEAST the ECF, then he falls out of my top 50. Permanently

stalkerforlife
10-26-2015, 10:15 PM
Everyone knows it's the Cavs.

:lol

ISHGoat
10-26-2015, 10:30 PM
It's the heat and bulls. Are there any more stacked teams in our recent memory?

Heat:
Dragic
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Whiteside

Literally all-NBA at every position

Bulls:
Dfroze
Butler
Moronic
Gasol
Noah

STACKED

If Lebron can lead his band of losers through his star-studded eastern rivals then he truly has a case for top 3 GOAT

bigkingsfan
10-26-2015, 10:36 PM
Kings plenty of excuses.

Jameerthefear
10-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Agreed 100%.. only issue I have is the Heat should be higher.

ballinhun8
10-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Agree with myself, especially about the Heat. If Wade can't lead this stacked Heat roster to AT LEAST the ECF, then he falls out of my top 50. Permanently

Fixed.

JT123
10-26-2015, 10:55 PM
Fixed.
Go away Poido. That ban bet extends to all of your alts, so don't try posting here on your pegasus account either. :no:

dubeta
10-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Go away Poido. That ban bet extends to all of your alts, so don't try posting here on your pegasus account either. :no:

Damn.

Mr. Jabbar
10-26-2015, 11:17 PM
If LeHUNG gets an above .50 reg season record he IS the GOAT. Between .30-.50 he is top 3 GOAT. It doesn't matter if he wins it all or not cause other teams are too stacked like the spurs or GSW.

NO EXCUSES for them.

Mr. Jabbar
10-26-2015, 11:19 PM
This is gonna be a very THICK season, and by thick i refer to lebron playing good. Thick is a reference to lebron because he is packing, and its THICK. I get that question a lot in PM's so there you go.

dubeta
10-26-2015, 11:23 PM
This is gonna be a very THICK season, and by thick i refer to lebron playing good. Thick is a reference to lebron because he is packing, and its THICK. I get that question a lot in PM's so there you go.

Beastmode88
10-26-2015, 11:45 PM
cavs.. gilbert went all out with the salary.

dubeta
10-26-2015, 11:50 PM
cavs.. gilbert went all out with the salary.
So have the knicks every season

ballinhun8
10-27-2015, 12:54 AM

Kettle. Meet Pot.

All Net
10-27-2015, 05:28 AM
No excuses for you OP not to post normally and not to troll otherwise it will be another nice vacation

Fallen Angel
10-27-2015, 05:34 AM
Just ban him for the day.

Make him miss opening night.

sportjames23
10-27-2015, 05:48 AM
There's no excuse for OP to be this retarded.

I was actually impressed with OP until he left Cleveland off this list.

Gileraracer
10-27-2015, 06:21 AM
No excuses for the cavs. No GM ever tried to buy a title as much as Dan Gilbert does. :lol

Lebronxrings
10-27-2015, 09:51 AM

nba_55
10-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Great thread OP. I think Miami Heat should be #2.

nba_55
10-27-2015, 09:59 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :party:

BlakFrankWhite
10-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Excellent post OP great analysis..

long live the Thunder/Lebron fam alliance :cheers:

Trollsmasher
10-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Cavs have a ton of excuses

The team is less healthy than it was in the finals and the season hasn't even started yet

dubeta
10-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Excellent post OP great analysis..

long live the Thunder/Lebron fam alliance :cheers:

:cheers:

Nice to see some objective posters here