PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe can get LA to 40 wins, it only elevates his GOAT status...

stalkerforlife
10-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Kobe currently has the worst roster in the NBA, which absolutely is even worse than the Smush/Kwame/Walton era. If Kobe can get this team to 40 wins, which seems like an impossible feat in the greatest conference in NBA history, his GOAT status will undeniably rise.

Bran can't improve his status because he has one of the top 5 most stacked teams in NBA history.

Duncan can't improve his status because he has a GOAT coach and a great supporting cast. (And Leonard is the best player on the team)

Only Kobe can improve his status. In his 20th season. After multiple major surgeries. After the entire world has doubted him.

I have him at #2 behind MJ all time, but 40 wins this season elevates him to top 5 all time in EVERY SINGLE LIST IMAGINABLE.

GIF REACTION
10-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Remember when Lebron took at 15 win team to 66 wins?

GOAT status

T_L_P
10-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Weren't the Lakers better at losing with Kobe than without him last season?

Dr Hawk
10-27-2015, 10:53 AM
No

fiddy
10-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Remember when Lebron took at 15 win team to 66 wins?

GOAT status
LeAst :coleman:

Mr. Jabbar
10-27-2015, 11:04 AM
Lakers are a 0-82 team without Kobe. Any game they win is 100% cause of Kobe. Therefore, anything better than 0-82 boosts kobes legacy within the top 5 GOAT.

stalkerforlife
10-27-2015, 11:05 AM
Lakers are a 0-82 team without Kobe. Any game they win is 100% cause of Kobe. Therefore, anything better than 0-82 boosts kobes legacy within the top 5 GOAT.

So true.

Finally a respectable Bran stan.

Mr. Jabbar
10-27-2015, 11:09 AM
So true.

Finally a respectable Bran stan.

Thanks, I take great pride in rooting for King James yet being an objective, unbiased analyst of the sport. I hate gloating but I don't think there's a more respected opinion on this forum than mine.

stalkerforlife
10-27-2015, 11:11 AM
Thanks, I take great pride in rooting for King James yet being an objective, unbiased analyst of the sport. I hate gloating but I don't think there's a more respected opinion on this forum than mine.

Agreed.

:applause:

Quickening
10-27-2015, 11:18 AM
Kobe fans accepting such mediocrity, it's a shame :(

WayOfWade
10-27-2015, 11:22 AM
Way to shoot for the stars

HurricaneKid
10-27-2015, 11:24 AM
Kobestan logic: 40 wins and the 10 seed is best we could possibly hope for. But if LeBron doesn't win the Championship he falls out of top 50.

feyki
10-27-2015, 11:32 AM
Troll thread.

Derka
10-27-2015, 11:44 AM
I don't get how people have the time with their day to do stuff like this.

jstern
10-27-2015, 12:14 PM
I love fanboy threads like these. Like sometimes you would see a thread that goes something like, "If Kobe scores 28ppg, on 50% shooting, he will be MVP." And you're thinking, "Ok."

If Lebron dishes 9 assist per game this season, scoring 41ppg, with Cleveland winning 74 games, then he's going to be the GOAT.

ralph_i_el
10-27-2015, 12:31 PM
The only way they win 40 is if one of the young guns takes over and has a great season.

they aren't winning 40 regardless. No D

SwayDizzle
10-27-2015, 12:40 PM
If Kobe can get this Laker squad to 40 wins he deserves the MVP.

Gileraracer
10-27-2015, 12:41 PM
Kobestan logic: 40 wins and the 10 seed is best we could possibly hope for. But if LeBron doesn't win the Championship he falls out of top 50.

I hate to admit it but my GOAT Lebron is already out of top 50 :(

BlakFrankWhite
10-27-2015, 12:42 PM
30 wins max.

ClipperRevival
10-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Kobe currently has the worst roster in the NBA, which absolutely is even worse than the Smush/Kwame/Walton era. If Kobe can get this team to 40 wins, which seems like an impossible feat in the greatest conference in NBA history, his GOAT status will undeniably rise.

Bran can't improve his status because he has one of the top 5 most stacked teams in NBA history.

Duncan can't improve his status because he has a GOAT coach and a great supporting cast. (And Leonard is the best player on the team)

Only Kobe can improve his status. In his 20th season. After multiple major surgeries. After the entire world has doubted him.

I have him at #2 behind MJ all time, but 40 wins this season elevates him to top 5 all time in EVERY SINGLE LIST IMAGINABLE.

:facepalm Kobe fans.

You just went full retard, never go full retard.

KG215
10-27-2015, 05:05 PM

So, in other words you're arbitrarily cherrypicking subjective criteria that fit your agenda and apply it to why Player A can "elevate his GOAT status" and why Player B and Player C can't "elevate their GOAT status."

I can do the same thing.

Kobe can't elevate his GOAT status because there's no way in hell he's leading his team to a championship and most likely not even leading them to the playoffs.

Duncan can elevate his GOAT status because he's still capable of playing at a high enough level to be the best player on his team in a playoff run that ends in a championship which would be his 6th ring.

LeBron can elevate his GOAT status because he's still arguably the best player in the NBA and legit MVP candidate. Leading his team to a ring while winning a 5th MVP and 3rd ring/3rd FMVP would elevate his GOAT status.

Only Duncan and LeBron can elevate their GOAT status because no one gives a shit about a player leading their team to 40 wins regardless of circumstances. People only care about winning championships and other major accolades.

ShawkFactory
10-27-2015, 05:08 PM
So, in other words, you arbitrarily pick subjective criteria that fits your agenda and apply it to why Player A can "elevate his GOAT status" and why Player B and Player C can't "elevate their GOAT status."

I can do the same thing.

Kobe can't elevate his GOAT status because there's no way in hell he's leading his team to a championship and most likely not even leading them to the playoffs.

Duncan can elevate his GOAT status because he's still capable of playing at a high enough level to be the best player on his team in a playoff run that ends in a championship which would be his 6th ring.

LeBron can elevate his GOAT status because he's still arguably the best player in the NBA and legit MVP candidate. Leading his team to a ring while winning a 5th MVP and 3rd ring/3rd FMVP would elevate his GOAT status.

Only Duncan and LeBron can elevate their GOAT status because no one gives a shit about a player leading their team to 40 wins regardless of circumstances. People only care about winning championships and other major accolades.
In other words, he loves Kobe and hates Lebron. Nothing else really needs to be said.

HoopologyPhD
10-27-2015, 05:08 PM
If if's and but's were candy and nuts then every day would be Christmas.

feyki
10-27-2015, 05:19 PM
I love fanboy threads like these. Like sometimes you would see a thread that goes something like, "If Kobe scores 28ppg, on 50% shooting, he will be MVP." And you're thinking, "Ok."

If Lebron dishes 9 assist per game this season, scoring 41ppg, with Cleveland winning 74 games, then he's going to be the GOAT.

:cheers:

dubeta
10-27-2015, 07:40 PM
40 wins is the baseline if he wants to make the HOF...