PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudemire Appreciation Thread

statman32
04-25-2007, 05:26 AM
The man is a beast. Comeback player of the year! Not enough is said about what he has done to become the player he is today and while he lost some inches off his vertical he is improved in almost every aspect of the game. He averaged 20.4 pts 57.5 fg% 78.1 ft% 9.6 rpg to go along with .95 spg and 1.34 bpg. But still the most important stat was that he was the only Suns player to play in all 82 games this year.

Almost everything he does impresses me. The angles he takes cutting to the basket, the power and finasse he now uses, his jump shot and free throw shooting that has improved, his attitude and leadership, his improved defense including the ability to steal the ball after the opponent rebounds it ala Hakeem. He is just unbelievable.

What impresses me the most though is his passion for the game. Come playoff time he steps up his game immensely. He is arguably the most dominant big man come playoff time and Im not just talking about on offense. Anyone who watched tonights game saw incrediable blocks that I didnt think could happen. The Kobe and Odom block dropped jawes. Both reminded me of the block against Duncan he had in the 2005 WCF. With Amare playing like he has I am confident that the Suns will win there first championship.

When Amare scores 40 points in a game or grabs 20 rebounds we can all come here and appreciate greatness. I predict a Finals MVP for him this year!

http://i16.tinypic.com/2j1q6jc.jpg

kumquat
04-25-2007, 05:44 AM
I appreciate his arrogance and all-round being a jerk. Here's to amare. :cheers:

Gaddabout
04-25-2007, 05:49 AM
I appreciate his arrogance and all-round being a jerk. Here's to amare. :cheers:

You mean the guy who's pimping Kobe for MVP is a jerk?

KIWI
04-25-2007, 05:51 AM
if they make the finals they'll start engraving nash's name into the trophy before the series even starts so Amare:no:

Shep
04-25-2007, 06:21 AM
5th best center in the nba

reppy
04-25-2007, 06:26 AM
I've been surprised by some of his post moves. I always figured he'd always just be a player had to survive off pick-and-rolls and easy dunks. He seems to have some confidence in his jumper, too.

3stat2
04-25-2007, 06:27 AM
Personally I think if Stat gets to be Finals MVP, he'd be sharing it with number 13. But nonetheless, Amare is amazing. No one can deny his passion and his heart. Even when he's on the bench in garbage time, no Sun cheers louder for his team than Stoudemire.

beau_boy04
04-25-2007, 06:40 AM

and tahts only because he was injured...if he's healty next season he'll rival yao as the best center in the league.

kumquat
04-25-2007, 06:42 AM
You mean the guy who's pimping Kobe for MVP is a jerk?

That's the one, the guy who puts down his own teammate.

Baller1986
04-25-2007, 07:33 AM
That's the one, the guy who puts down his own teammate.

He really is speaking the truth the guy is an NBA ALL Star and he can talk smack because he have seen his "teammate" play in practice and in a regular season game, Amare's not impressed he can just tell Barbosa is the Suns X-factor not some above average player. :D

Fudge
04-25-2007, 08:48 AM
and tahts only because he was injured...if he's healty next season he'll rival yao as the best center in the league.

Sorry, but it'll be Shaq/Yao always

Done_And_Done
04-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Im more then willing to send off some humble personal appreciation for anyone who suffers a severe injury, only to eventually overcome that obsticle and return to his rightfull position...

Props to your boy...

Yaosonegoodear
04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Regardless of if Kobe's jaw dropped, he still gave a backhanded compliment in the media when asked about the blocks. He said something like "He's not a very good one on one defender but in terms of being an off the ball shot blocker, yeah he's good, especially with the athleticism."

Poseidon
04-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Amare is a classless, arrogant ghetto punk. No wonder why Phoenix fans cheer this guy. He WAS one of my favorite players in the league....but the attitude he has displayed this playoff series against the Lakers makes me wish he effs up his knee again. **** YOU AMARE!!!

mlh1981
04-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Amare is a classless, arrogant ghetto punk. No wonder why Phoenix fans cheer this guy. He WAS one of my favorite players in the league....but the attitude he has displayed this playoff series against the Lakers makes me wish he effs up his knee again. **** YOU AMARE!!!

you ought to go up to him and say that to his face

loot
04-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Good thinking Bubba.

Howard5Dirk41
04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Hes been very good but lets see him vs Timmy D next round, I still say Spurs in 6 over the Suns. This series vs the Lakers changes nothing about my opinion, we all knew they were going to smoke the Lakers.

loot
04-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Hes been very good but lets see him vs Timmy D next round, I still say Spurs in 6 over the Suns. This series vs the Lakers changes nothing about my opinion, we all knew they were going to smoke the Lakers.
I love how everybody STILL assumes the Spurs will beat the Nuggets. Me included. Just like I'm not counting out the Heat.

Howard5Dirk41
04-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I love how everybody STILL assumes the Spurs will beat the Nuggets. Me included. Just like I'm not counting out the Heat.

Why would everyone ASSUME the Nuggets are going to win the series? If we are gonna assume, it will be the Spurs until the Nuggets have 4 wins, I dont care if they go up 3-0 or 3-1, the Spurs are the much better team.

statman32
04-25-2007, 12:24 PM

No. 2nd best center during the regular season. Best center come playoff time. BTW I dont consider Duncan a center.

Flightposite
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I like him and I like watching him play but the microfracture thing is overblown. He had the baby version, the preventative version like Jason Kidd, so his future really wasn't in doubt that much. He wasn't going to lose everything like Webber. I really like how he's developed a midrange game and is solid at the free throw line. And assuming the Spurs advance, it's gonna be fun watching him thrash Elson and maybe a little Duncan.

Howard5Dirk41
04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
No. 2nd best center during the regular season. Best center come playoff time. BTW I dont consider Duncan a center.

Duncan is more of a center than Amare ever was or ever will be.

statman32
04-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Duncan is more of a center than Amare ever was or ever will be.
IMO this year Amare is more of a center than Duncan, therefore I am not considering Duncan a center.

Oh and if your waiting to see what Amare is gonna do to Duncan and company...its gonna be brutal. If one person has ever "owned" Duncan several times..Its Amare.

Zombles
04-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh and if your waiting to see what Amare is gonna do to Duncan and company...its gonna be brutal. If one person has ever "owned" Duncan several times..Its Amare.

That's true, Amare, and sometimes KG, are the only players I can think of to consistently play right up on Duncan's level in head-to-heads.

and that right there shows how special he is. Old Timmy's the greatest PF the game's ever seen.

mlh1981
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
That's true, Amare, and sometimes KG, are the only players I can think of to consistently play right up on Duncan's level in head-to-heads.

and that right there shows how special he is. Old Timmy's the greatest PF the game's ever seen.

better than Karl Malone?

Howard5Dirk41
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
better than Karl Malone?

Yes

mlh1981
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Yes

lets discuss this

statman32
04-25-2007, 01:36 PM
lets discuss this
Lets not. But if you want to argue that Amare will be better than both of them Im all for it. :)

Howard5Dirk41
04-25-2007, 01:39 PM
lets discuss this

Duncan has 3 rings, is a better individual defender than Malone although Malone was pretty good. Duncan is a great team defender which allows people like Bruce Bowen too take chances and look so great, I dont think Malone had that kind of defensive effect on the rest of his teammates on the defensive end.

Duncan doesnt play along side another hall of famer like Malone did.

I would say their offensive and rebounds games are pretty close, tough too make a call on that one.

But Timmy D > Malone all day.

Rab
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Most impressive to me is being the only Suns player to play all 82 games. Amazing to watch him progress from the beginning of the year when no one knew what to expect. Love having him back on the playoff roster.

mlh1981
04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
with the exception of his first and last years in the league, Malone averaged at least 20 PPG. While Duncan has also been the vocal point of his team's offense, he has generally had more scoring help than Malone ever did. Another thing to consider is that teams knew that Utah was gonna run, but they still coudn't stop it. That same pick and roll play worked for nearly 20 years. Also throw in the fact that Malone was incredibly durable--other than his last season, he played in at least 80 games in every season of his career. He was also able to make the sucessful transition at the end of his career to being a jump shooter as opposed to a bruiser. Yeah, I know Duncan has the rings, but he didn't have to compete in the Jordan era like Malone did

Zombles
lets discuss this

Duncan won, didn't have John Stockton around to inflate his offensive numbers, and is a much better team/individual defender.

they are equivalent rebounders/passers.

Howard5Dirk41
Lets not. But if you want to argue that Amare will be better than both of them Im all for it. :)

Do you ever get off of Amares jock? Hes a good player but not better than Malone and Duncan and never will be. He had a chance before the knee injury but not now, and considering he will probably have to have another surgery at some point in his career, he will never reach those heights.

This is what I hate about Suns fans. On one hand, they want to keep giving the MVP award to Nash because he makes all his teammates better, but do they ever mention that the players he plays (after saying Amare could possible be better than Malone/Duncan) with maybe make him alittle bit?

Rab
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Do you ever get off of Amares jock? Hes a good player but not better than Malone and Duncan and never will be. He had a chance before the knee injury but not now, and considering he will probably have to have another surgery at some point in his career, he will never reach those heights.

This is what I hate about Suns fans. On one hand, they want to keep giving the MVP award to Nash because he makes all his teammates better, but do they ever mention that the players he plays with maybe make him alittle bit?
Do you ever get of Dirk's? Wasn't it you who thought he was better than Bird?

Younggrease
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM

This is what I hate about Suns fans. On one hand, they want to keep giving the MVP award to Nash because he makes all his teammates better, but do they ever mention that the players he plays with maybe make him alittle bit?

thats what im trying to say...your saying that Amare might end up being the best power forward of all time...but then how is steve nash the MVP when Dirk is winning more games with Howard as his second fiddle.

Steve's 2 sidekicks are both a lot better than Howard....I dont even like Dirk or his game but for that team to win 67 games was an accomplishment and he deserves it.....even if he has to recieve he award sitting on his family room coach after being he is sent fishing by the "bodyguard"

Howard5Dirk41
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Do you ever get of Dirk's? Wasn't it you who thought he was better than Bird?

No, I have said Dirk > Bird, Dirk would have to win a few rings.

Rab
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
No, I have said Dirk > Bird, Dirk would have to win a few rings.
Dirk will never be as good an all around player as Larry Bird. Fact.

haterofhaters
04-25-2007, 01:52 PM

This is what I hate about Suns fans. On one hand, they want to keep giving the MVP award to Nash because he makes all his teammates better, but do they ever mention that the players he plays (after saying Amare could possible be better than Malone/Duncan) with maybe make him alittle bit?
Why, because he could jump higher? Malone and Duncan's games have never depended on the type of Atheticism that Amare had. If anything, he has more of a chance now because he had to work on other aspects of the game to stay on top, (or close to the top).

Rab
04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
thats what im trying to say...your saying that Amare might end up being the best power forward of all time...but then how is steve nash the MVP when Dirk is winning more games with Howard as his second fiddle.

Steve's 2 sidekicks are both a lot better than Howard....I dont even like Dirk or his game but for that team to win 67 games was an accomplishment and he deserves it.....even if he has to recieve he award sitting on his family room coach after being he is sent fishing by the "bodyguard"
He is the best PF in the game, and he might end up the best PF in the game are two totally different things.

The Mavs have a much more balanced team than anyone in the league. That alone can make up for Dirk not having a player of Amare's caliber at his side. I think Dirk is a great player, his team accomplished a lot, and he is MVP worthy for sure.

statman32
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM

This is a topic about Amare Stoudemire. Why not bring him up rather than arguing about Duncan and Malone? The only one that needs to lay off someones jock is you. Arent you the one that said you would sniff Dirks jock strap if he let you? Dont even try and say you didnt say that.

Howard5Dirk41
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Switch Amare and Josh Howard (2nd best player on each team) and you tell me who turns into a dynasty.

Hint: They dont play in the valley of the sun.

statman32
04-25-2007, 01:56 PM

When have I ever said Nash deserves the MVP this year over Dirk?

Howard5Dirk41
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM

Look, now hes gonna sit there and say Dirk > Nash for MVP so he can continue to ride Amares jock.

Rab
04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
When has any REASONABLE Suns fan said this all year? This is the assumption most other make. Just because I am a fan of the Suns, doesn't mean I think Nash is ALWAYS the most deserving candidate.

Rab
04-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Look, now hes gonna sit there and say Dirk > Nash for MVP so he can continue to ride Amares jock.
That could be the dumbest sentence I have read all day. Thanks for that.

SRZ66
04-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Sorry, but it'll be Shaq/Yao always
lol, have u watched shaq play the last few years? u can have him, ill take amare

Younggrease

wasnt talking about you or might have misspoken(i dont really attach names to comments much)...i was referencing the logic of many talking heads on TV

statman32

From March 2nd

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32177

and you were saying?

SRZ66
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM

play right on duncan's level, or completely dismantle his manhood?

Howard5Dirk41
04-25-2007, 02:03 PM
From March 2nd

and you were saying?

Ok, but I still think you have a hidden agenda of trying to make people believe the real mvp of the Suns is Stoudemire.

Rab
04-25-2007, 02:04 PM
From March 2nd

and you were saying?
:roll:

You should probably just be quiet now HowardDirk.

I hope for your sake the Mavs win tonight, because you seem to be PMS'ing pretty bad.

Zombles
04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
play right on duncan's level, or completely dismantle his manhood?

Nah, Amare beasts whenever they play but Duncan gives it right back to him and usually has better rebounding/assist numbers.

statman32
04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Ok, but I still think you have a hidden agenda of trying to make people believe the real mvp of the Suns is Stoudemire.
No Nash is the better player and more important to the team because of the system D'Antoni has but come playoff time Amare is what puts us over the top.

Diesel J
04-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Dudes a beast and is the only player I've seen own Duncan

hotsizzle
04-25-2007, 03:14 PM
One of my favorite players on one of my most hated teams

A Roc 23
04-25-2007, 03:24 PM
The Suns hate on this board only grows as they look like the best team so far. :roll:

Good, I don't want you bandwaggoners supporting the Suns anyway.

Amare is the 3rd best center in the league and the best center in the playoffs so far. The only center that is better then Amare is Yao Ming right now, Shaq's effect on the game still gives him the edge too, so I will put him 3rd until next season.

Dwight Howard? Starts at PF and doesn't have the offensive talents of Amare.
Duncan? Starts at PF. Don't give me that "he's more of a center then Amare" becuase Duncan starts at PF and Amare has started/played the center position since 2004. Duncan has started at PF his WHOLE CAREER!

Amare is arrogant and a jerk? To who? He is a bit cocky because he believes his team will win the title. You want players to have that swagger and confidence. Kobe does, is he arrogant? Wait, don't answer that. :roll:

Amare Stoudemire is not a jerk at all. He is a little cocky. The one time I met him was after a Suns lose and he was still cool enough to chat for a bit and sign my program. He worked his ass off to get where he is, probably struggled more then any player in the playoffs right now to get where he is. Give the man his props, don't label him a bunch of things because you don't like how many posters he's put your team on or how wrong he is going to prove all of you Suns/Amare doubters.

Why hate when you can hop on the bandwaggon?

hwliuLAP
04-25-2007, 03:28 PM
classless beast
no matter what he says or how cocky he is
you need this mofo

too bad he is on the suns

Gaddabout
04-25-2007, 03:35 PM
The problem with ranking Yao over Stoudemire is Stoudemire has dominated Yao from their first matchup. Yao is the best center overall based on his everyday play, but one-on-one, it hasn't been a memorable matchup for the young man from China. He'd like to forget most of his games against Amare.

PP34Deuce
04-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Amare is arrogant, always been. Why would he compliment Kwame Brown,Cook,Odom?

He has the physical advantage every time. Kwame Brown simply cant guard him.

I think Amare is more dangerous in ways because, hes one of the few Big men that you can have in the final 2 minutes of the game draw a foul, and he shoots 77 percent from the line. Howard,Shaq, and duncan are guys u cringe if they have to go to the line.

Amare is a KEMP/Malone combination. thats the best comparison i see.

statman32
04-27-2007, 03:08 AM
Another good game from Amare even though foul trouble limited him. Barbosa and Amare have been the only Suns that have played great on every game.

His stats so far(3 games):

22.3 ppg 10.3 rpg 2.7 bpg 63% fg 75% ft in 32.3 mpg

I wish all of the Suns players could play with as much passion as Amare does.

reppy
04-27-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm surprised at his face up jumper. I never thought he would get one. Didn't think he had it in him. He just seemed like a knucklehead that loves to dunk on people and scream. I was wrong.

He's no longer relying on Nash to set him up for everything like he was earlier in the season.

picc84
04-27-2007, 04:45 AM
I'm surprised at his face up jumper. I never thought he would get one. Didn't think he had it in him. He just seemed like a knucklehead that loves to dunk on people and scream. I was wrong.

He's no longer relying on Nash to set him up for everything like he was earlier in the season.

That wet J was the only good thing to come out of that injury.

gpfanz
04-27-2007, 05:19 AM
i respect that he can shoot :bowdown:

Admiral
04-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Duncan has 3 rings, is a better individual defender than Malone although Malone was pretty good. Duncan is a great team defender which allows people like Bruce Bowen too take chances and look so great, I dont think Malone had that kind of defensive effect on the rest of his teammates on the defensive end.

Duncan doesnt play along side another hall of famer like Malone did.

I would say their offensive and rebounds games are pretty close, tough too make a call on that one.

But Timmy D > Malone all day.

heh sorry i am only on page two...but actually, duncan DID play along side Mr. Robinson...and the ONLY reason malone and stockton didnt win a ring is because they had to face jordan...and lets face it, anyone facing JORDAN & CO. in the playoffs is not likely to see a ring...i think duncan is an amazing player, one of my favorites, but amare hasn't been given enough healthy time to be compared next to duncan....give it a few years and i bet you change your tone about amare...if not, i'll eat my words, but i don't anticipate being hungry...

Shep
04-27-2007, 06:59 AM
No. 2nd best center during the regular season. Best center come playoff time
actually 5th best center during the regular season. duncan, camby, ming, bosh = all better than stoudemire

BTW I dont consider Duncan a center
i don't consider you a smart boy

JtotheIzzo
04-27-2007, 07:10 AM
actually 5th best center during the regular season. duncan, camby, ming, bosh = all better than stoudemire

Bosh is a center?

Duncan is a center?

Baller1986
04-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Bosh is a center?

Duncan is a center?

To Answer your question Tim Duncan and Chris Bosh played the Power forward Position.

Shep
04-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Bosh is a center?

Duncan is a center?
why would i name them if they weren't centers?

hotsizzle
04-27-2007, 08:03 AM

get da **** outta here...Camby aint better than Amare

Shep
04-27-2007, 08:41 AM
quite easily infact

PP34Deuce
04-27-2007, 10:01 AM
I look forward to watching Amare grow as a player. Hes only 24.

His shot looks real good, I mean he was shooting nuthing but net, no clanking jump shots.

Hes still athletic to dominate defensively when he is focused.

I understand his foul trouble, but why didnt they get him the ball more. Amare is no longer a black hole, hes become smart enough to pass when there is nothing there.

Dantoni is getting out coached. I really think they should pound it to Stoudemire and set the tone. amare sets the tone(nash facilitates it.)

statman32
04-27-2007, 12:42 PM
That wet J was the only good thing to come out of that injury.
Nope not just that. He has matured as a person because of it but sometimes that just comes with age. He also has improved his stealing ability.

20 Dimes A Game
04-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Amare is the comeback kid, except he isn't playing like a kid.

mas
04-27-2007, 01:29 PM

:roll: :roll:

:wtf: did you just say marcus camby is a better player than amare!?

:roll: :roll:

mas
04-27-2007, 01:31 PM
classless beast
no matter what he says or how cocky he is
you need this mofo

too bad he is on the suns

what do you mean "toobad he is on the suns"? Amare couldn't be with a better team. He makes the suns and he is going to lead them to the 2007 NBA Championship. :cheers:

jasonterry
04-27-2007, 06:43 PM
amare is letting kwame brown look like Shaq

miles berg
04-27-2007, 06:52 PM
My respect level for Amare ballooned as he has returned every bit as good as he used to be, if not a tad better and more well rounded.

Awesome player, wish he was a Maverick.

statman32
04-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Kwame Brown had a good game, not great.

You lost a avatar bet with me and its time to pay up.

jasonterry
04-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Kwame Brown had a good game, not great.

You lost a avatar bet with me and its time to pay up.

aight, tell me what you want me to make as my avatar and ill do it.

statman32
04-27-2007, 10:38 PM
aight, tell me what you want me to make as my avatar and ill do it.
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/processed/phpznCh9m_c1PM.jpg

jasonterry
04-27-2007, 10:42 PM
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/processed/phpznCh9m_c1PM.jpg

LOL you are gay but sure ill do it

statman32
04-27-2007, 10:50 PM
LOL you are gay but sure ill do it
I knew you would like it. If I remember you just have to have it for a week. If not, wear it for a week anyways.

statman32
04-29-2007, 06:28 PM
BUMP!

Amare with 27 points and 21 rebounds 2nite.

Updated stats through 4 games:

23.5 ppg on 59.1 fg% and 72.7 ft% to go along with 13 rpg 2.3 bpg and 1.3 spg in 34.5 min.

haterofhaters
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Dallas is letting Golden State look like Dallas.:oldlol:

Samurai Swoosh
04-29-2007, 06:30 PM
He was murda today.

statman32
05-02-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm predicting a 38 points 14 rebound night from Amare. That might change if it becomes a blow out though.

mlh1981
05-02-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm predicting a 38 points 14 rebound night from Amare. That might change if it becomes a blow out though.

Kwame Brown might have something to say about that:rollingeyes:

bence23
05-02-2007, 07:31 PM
i'm goin to the game:cheers: :rockon:

mlh1981
05-02-2007, 07:58 PM
i'm goin to the game:cheers: :rockon:

Since you clearly live in Phoenix, I have like 48 hours to tell this school district out there if I want the job or not. Would i like it out there? Help!

statman32
05-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Since you clearly live in Phoenix, I have like 48 hours to tell this school district out there if I want the job or not. Would i like it out there? Help!
What school district? Answer that and Ill be able to help you a little better.

mlh1981
05-02-2007, 08:06 PM
What school district? Answer that and Ill be able to help you a little better.

Phoenix Elementary School District 1

statman32
05-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Phoenix Elementary School District 1
Oh god! Yeah you will most likely be working with some troubled kids. Thats not the best area to teach but it ain't horrible.Also Phoenix isn't the nicest city but the the surroundings suburbs are great.

mlh1981
05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh god! Yeah you will most likely be working with some troubled kids. Thats not the best area to teach but it ain't horrible.Also Phoenix isn't the nicest city but the the surroundings suburbs are great.

Thx for the help man. Lots of things to take into consideration. I have heard that the public transportation system sucks out there, so I would have to live in the inner city, and not so sure how I feel about that

RagingBull33
05-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Statman32, is all you talk about Amare? That's all I ever see you post about. Must be some man-love. :confusedshrug:

But, back on topic. I would like Amare if he wasn't such a douche.

eliteballer
05-02-2007, 09:14 PM
His full vertical should return with an offseason to train.

Manphibian420
05-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I agree eliteballer. Amare has clearly still been hampered by his knees at times this year, especially late in games. He's gonna have a Zach-Randolph type jump in his production from this year to the 2nd year back from microfracture, combining his improved skills with the renewed athletic ability (and just as importantly, stamina)

barnabas
05-02-2007, 09:38 PM
I agree that it was a classless move of STAT to say Kobe deserved the MVP right before the playoffs started, even though many on this forum apparently agree with his assessment. That's just not an honorable way to treat your teammate. I think Nash will probably campaign for STAT to be named MVP next season. But STAT is a young guy and I don't blame him for feeling a tinge of jealousy for the media's treatment of Nash, and frankly, it's his cocky personality that makes him the beast he is, so I wouldn't have him any other way.

For my part, I think it's obvious that Nash elevates STAT's game and vice versa. I do not see the Suns making it out of the first round without Nash, but I do not see the Suns having a shot at the title without STAT or another big man. Everyone wants to make it about the individual when basketball is a team sport. That's why Nash brought his teammates up on the podium when he won the MVP -- he knows that he's just one piece of the puzzle -- albeit a very important one.

RagingBull33
05-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Not only that, but Amare has a tatoo that says "Black Jesus: on his neck.
He also pays a body guard to turn kids away who ask for his autograph.
Absolute Douche.

Manphibian420
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
He's a douche because he believes Jesus was black? The other side of his neck says "Lord Knows" btw. His tattoo is NOT saying he believes he is the black jesus if thats the way you interpreted it

RagingBull33
05-02-2007, 10:41 PM
He's a douche because he believes Jesus was black? The other side of his neck says "Lord Knows" btw. His tattoo is NOT saying he believes he is the black jesus if thats the way you interpreted it
Oh, if thats the right way to interpret it, than more power to him. I thought it was his huge ego saying that he was the Black Jesus. My bad.

But there is no justification that he hired a freakin' body guard to keep kids away from him.

Diesel J
05-03-2007, 01:41 AM
another good game:cheers:

statman32
05-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Statman32, is all you talk about Amare? That's all I ever see you post about. Must be some man-love. :confusedshrug:

But, back on topic. I would like Amare if he wasn't such a douche.

Just in Suns threads and during playoff time. But yah its probably a little man love too.(NO HOMO)

Amare had a bad game tonight. Jumper wasnt falling and the Lakers were playing physical all night long. Still I love how he went to the line 21 times.

Amares stat line 2nite:

27 points 16 rebounds 2 steals 6/16 fg 15/21 ft in 37 minutes.

I predicted 38 points and 14 rebounds so tonight was a dissapointment for me. :D

statman32
05-03-2007, 05:23 AM
[QUOTE]

bence23
05-03-2007, 05:34 AM
Thx for the help man. Lots of things to take into consideration. I have heard that the public transportation system sucks out there, so I would have to live in the inner city, and not so sure how I feel about that
light rail is currently being built and is already built in tempe and some other places. it should be up by next year.

statman32
05-19-2007, 10:49 PM
BUMP

Even though the Suns lost...the number 1 center in the league played excellent!

Finished with playoff averages of: (10 games)

25.3 ppg 12.1 rpg 52.3 fg% 76.9 ft% 1.9 bpg 1.3 spg 1.9 tpg in 34.2 mpg

Gives me hope for the future of the Suns.

Norcaliblunt
05-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah he was great when he played. But he did cost them the series.

A young mistake cost the Suns big time.

D
05-19-2007, 10:59 PM
The whole Sun's team needs an appreciation thread. (Which DON already made though). But yes, :applause: for Amare.

Statman, how good were your analysis on the Suns-Spurs series.
:rolleyes:

statman32
05-19-2007, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=D

Norcaliblunt
05-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Suns were snake bitten bottom line.

D
05-19-2007, 11:05 PM
Actually a lot of my analysis was proved right. The Spurs just did other things to beat the Suns and Manu recovered from his slump and realized that Bell can't stop him.
The other things is what your analysis didn't see. And most importantly, the end result. The end result is what mattered the most, better luck next year. Until then have fun watching the Spurs win another title

Orlando Magic
05-19-2007, 11:05 PM
BUMP

Number one center in the league? Surely you don't believe that. Broken down Shaq putting up half the stats he once did > Amare, now and forever. Why? Impact. Watch some games, kiddie.

Q.E.C
05-19-2007, 11:06 PM
the thing about amare is most of his points comes off of fast breaks and alley oops. he doesn't post up a lot. when he does he doesn't score a lot. if he got better at that i would like him a lot more.

statman32
05-19-2007, 11:09 PM
the thing about amare is most of his points comes off of fast breaks and alley oops. he doesn't post up a lot. when he does he doesn't score a lot. if he got better at that i would like him a lot more.
You surely have not watched the Suns much this season. Amare is now one of the best big man shooters around and has much more to his game than just dunking.

statman32
05-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Number one center in the league? Surely you don't believe that. Broken down Shaq putting up half the stats he once did > Amare, now and forever. Why? Impact. Watch some games, kiddie.
:oldlol: How much impact did Shaq have this season? 1st round sweep.

Orlando Magic
05-19-2007, 11:15 PM
:oldlol: How much impact did Shaq have this season? 1st round sweep.

First of all, that entire team is old except Wade, who was injured.

Secondly, Shaq's post moves now, in a broken down state, are more overpowering, and his spin move is still better than anything Amare will ever have. So just get over it. Amare isn't the best center in the league. He's third at best.

Norcaliblunt
05-19-2007, 11:17 PM
First of all, that entire team is old except Wade, who was injured.

Secondly, Shaq's post moves now, in a broken down state, are more overpowering, and his spin move is still better than anything Amare will ever have. So just get over it. Amare isn't the best center in the league. He's third at best.

Your moms spin move is pretty damn good too.

wally_world
05-19-2007, 11:17 PM
BUMP

that's sick... from a guy that came back from Micro Fracture Knee Surgery... plus 34.2min is not huge... he's gotta be the leader or what in rebounds per 48min...

Q.E.C
05-19-2007, 11:18 PM
You surely have not watched the Suns much this season. Amare is now one of the best big man shooters around and has much more to his game than just dunking.

yea he shoots a lot but he hardly posts people up. if you just pay attention to him most of his points come off of alley's and fast breaks. he gets shots too but he doesn't get a lot of points when he posts.

statman32
05-19-2007, 11:26 PM
yea he shoots a lot but he hardly posts people up. if you just pay attention to him most of his points come off of alley's and fast breaks. he gets shots too but he doesn't get a lot of points when he posts.
21% of his points come off dunks and tips.
33% come from around the paint
45% come from jump shots

Not sure where the other 1% is. :oldlol:

You are wrong about this. Amare might not have a array of post moves but what centers do nowadays? He gets other bigs into foul trouble using a combo of power and finesse moves. He also splits defenders and makes difficult shots as much as any other big in the game today.

Q.E.C
05-19-2007, 11:30 PM
21% of his points come off dunks and tips.
33% come from around the paint
45% come from jump shots

Not sure where the other 1% is. :oldlol:

You are wrong about this. Amare might not have a array of post moves but what centers do nowadays? He gets other bigs into foul trouble using a combo of power and finesse moves. He also splits defenders and makes difficult shots as much as any other big in the game today.

oh. well i just thought he would be a much better player if he post people more often. if he did that would be another way of how he scores.

statman32
05-19-2007, 11:33 PM
oh. well i just thought he would be a much better player if he post people more often. if he did that would be another way of how he scores.

I see what you're saying. He would be unstoppable if he could develop some more back to the basket moves.

Q.E.C
05-19-2007, 11:51 PM
I see what you're saying. He would be unstoppable if he could develop some more back to the basket moves.

yea, and that he relies on nash because of all the alley oops and fast breaks he gets (besides the shooting). no other center gets that chance to run up and down the court like that.

A-MATT
05-19-2007, 11:53 PM
yea, and that he relies on nash because of all the alley oops and fast breaks he gets (besides the shooting). no other center gets that chance to run up and down the court like that.

told you Amare is a beast.

White Chocolate
05-19-2007, 11:54 PM
Regardless of how he gets his points, he came back from an injury where 95% of guys have shortened or even ended careers. That alone deserves a lot of credit.

A-MATT
05-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Regardless of how he gets his points, he came back from an injury where 95% of guys have shortened or even ended careers. That alone deserves a lot of credit.

thank you.:rockon:

Q.E.C
05-19-2007, 11:57 PM

yea that true. another thing is most of those players got that injury around there late 20's. amare got it while he was still young. while your young you can recover faster and i think thats why amare was able to get back to himself again. if he was older and got that injury i think it would of been over.

A-MATT
05-19-2007, 11:59 PM
yea that true. another thing is most of those players got that injury around there late 20's. amare got it while he was still young. while your young you can recover faster and i think thats why amare was able to get back to himself again. if he was older and got that injury i think it would of been over.

but i thought u said amare is worse than yao.:confusedshrug:

Q.E.C
05-20-2007, 12:01 AM
but i thought u said amare is worse than yao.:confusedshrug:

he is, but he's still a good player. he's in top 5 in being the best center in the league.

A-MATT
05-20-2007, 12:03 AM
he is, but he's still a good player. he's in top 5 in being the best center in the league.

Amare all the way, bro :cheers:

Q.E.C
05-20-2007, 12:04 AM

:rolleyes:

White Chocolate
05-20-2007, 12:07 AM

I wouldn't go that far. A decent player he is, but you can't compare him with guys like Duncan or Garnett. My point being is that Duncan and Garnett have had different point guards come and go, and still put up 20+/11+. With Amare, if you were replace Nash with someone else, would his numbers be close, or would it be safe to say he is a product of Nash's system?

A-MATT
05-20-2007, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't go that far. A decent player he is, but you can't compare him with guys like Duncan or Garnett. My point being is that Duncan and Garnett have had different point guards come and go, and still put up 20+/11+. With Amare, if you were replace Nash with someone else, would his numbers be close, or would it be safe to say he is a product of Nash's system?

if u call Garnett and Duncan a center in my opinion it should go like this:

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Amare Stoudimire
4. Yao Ming

Q.E.C
05-20-2007, 12:11 AM

thank you, i've been trying to get through with people with that. he game is built around nash. without him, you would see as many alleys and fast breaks. just jumpshots and putback dunks, and tip ins.

Q.E.C
05-20-2007, 12:12 AM
if u call Garnett and Duncan a center in my opinion it should go like this:

1. Kevin Garnett
2. Tim Duncan
3. Amare Stoudimire
4. Yao Ming

you need to switch yao and amare.

A-MATT
05-20-2007, 12:12 AM
thank you, i've been trying to get through with people with that. he game is built around nash. without him, you would see as many alleys and fast breaks. just jumpshots and putback dunks, and tip ins.

i dont care how he gets his points, he is still a dominate center in this league. More dominate than Yao.

Q.E.C
05-20-2007, 12:16 AM
i dont care how he gets his points, he is still a dominate center in this league. More dominate than Yao.

your saying that because he impresses you with the way he scores or because yao ming isn't the athletic types who throws down the ball and goes for alleys. any way it goes if you let yao and amare play one one one yao would win.

A-MATT
05-20-2007, 12:20 AM
your saying that because he impresses you with the way he scores or because yao ming isn't the athletic types who throws down the ball and goes for alleys. any way it goes if you let yao and amare play one one one yao would win.

sike.

Q.E.C
05-20-2007, 12:25 AM
sike.

how else will amare score against yao one on one? he can't go for a fast break and he can't do alley oops. the only other ways are for him to putback his owns shots (witch would hardly happen) and to post up yao (he's not very good at that). if yao ming cant' go for alleys or do all the things to entertain people at least he can score for himself and not rely on others. amare can do it but he's not good at it which makes him a not so good one on one player. he is a good team player though.

Diesel J
05-20-2007, 12:29 AM

Amare put up similar numbers with Barbosa as the starter before Nash got traded.he's not a product of Nash's system.A few back when he beasted on Tim Duncan in the playoffs it was 95% isolations and not pick and roll with Nash.

hawkfan
05-20-2007, 12:51 AM
It's time for Amare to step up his game.

He needs to get a better post up game. He also needs to become a better passer in the post.

His game is too one dimensional to take the Suns to the Finals.

He's a great player, but he isn't a superstar like Tim Duncan.

At this point in his career, for him to be a superstar, which he can be, he needs to refine his game.

boojitede
05-20-2007, 12:57 AM
I remember all the hype about him addin a 3 pt shot to his arsenal before this year and I never saw him shoot one:confusedshrug:

Q.E.C
05-20-2007, 01:08 AM
It's time for Amare to step up his game.

He needs to get a better post up game. He also needs to become a better passer in the post.

His game is too one dimensional to take the Suns to the Finals.

He's a great player, but he isn't a superstar like Tim Duncan.

At this point in his career, for him to be a superstar, which he can be, he needs to refine his game.

thank you. i've been trying to tell people his post game is week and he's only good for alley oops and fast breaks. don't get me wrong he has a really good jump shot, but he's dependent. and his defense is good there's nothing wrong with that.

Zombles
05-20-2007, 03:07 AM
In his 2nd year he averaged 20.6 on 48% with a very young, very ineffective, Leandro Barbosa as his starting point. With Nash that's been jacked up to 20.4 on 58% and 26 on 56%, but lets not pretend Amare couldn't score well prior to Nash. It's what he's best at and at this point he's throwing up 20+ no matter what team he's on.

His jump shot is money, he can take most centers/PFs off the dribble, his post game is elementary but it does exist and, his greatest asset, he cuts harder then any other big man in the league and is(was/will be again) the best bar none at finishing with finesse and/or power.

3stat2
05-20-2007, 04:33 AM
At under 240 pounds, Amare isn't the biggest guy out there. But he's fast and can jump out of the gym. I'm thinking if he tried to play traditionally ie. back to the basket and bumping around inside - he'd get pushed around because of his relatively low weight for a center.

So why should he be forced to play to his weakness? He's probably the best in the league at taking larger and slower centers off the dribble, and he's got a great jumper. That's how he scores and gets all those and1 facials - because most centers can't catch up to him.

Play to your strength, not to your weakness.

statman32
11-25-2007, 01:43 AM
:oldlol:

Ok this thread is seriously creepy. Just look at the picture in the first post. Wtf happened. :eek:

Lebron23
02-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Cavs fans are going to love this guy.

Viva Amare Stoudemire.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

ctown4eva
02-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Cavs fans are going to love this guy.

Viva Amare Stoudemire.

:applause: :applause: :applause:
dude come on...it's not close, and probably won't happen. I hope it does though.

redhonda76
03-12-2012, 08:38 PM
The man is a beast. Comeback player of the year! Not enough is said about what he has done to become the player he is today and while he lost some inches off his vertical he is improved in almost every aspect of the game. He averaged 20.4 pts 57.5 fg% 78.1 ft% 9.6 rpg to go along with .95 spg and 1.34 bpg. But still the most important stat was that he was the only Suns player to play in all 82 games this year.

Almost everything he does impresses me. The angles he takes cutting to the basket, the power and finasse he now uses, his jump shot and free throw shooting that has improved, his attitude and leadership, his improved defense including the ability to steal the ball after the opponent rebounds it ala Hakeem. He is just unbelievable.

What impresses me the most though is his passion for the game. Come playoff time he steps up his game immensely. He is arguably the most dominant big man come playoff time and Im not just talking about on offense. Anyone who watched tonights game saw incrediable blocks that I didnt think could happen. The Kobe and Odom block dropped jawes. Both reminded me of the block against Duncan he had in the 2005 WCF. With Amare playing like he has I am confident that the Suns will win there first championship.

When Amare scores 40 points in a game or grabs 20 rebounds we can all come here and appreciate greatness. I predict a Finals MVP for him this year!

http://i16.tinypic.com/2j1q6jc.jpg

LOL. Look at Amare now.

no pun intended
03-12-2012, 08:43 PM
LOL. Look at Amare now.
I still see the same Amar'e with the same potential. He has always been lacking in defense, but his offense has been looking bad this year. The reason for this is that he has been forced to take too many perimeter shots, especially with Tyson already down low (recall that Amar'e and Shaq did not blend well due to this same problem). If he has more room in the paint to operate, then Amar'e can still revitalize into the beast we all expect him to become.