PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets 15-16 Post Game Thread

MTing
10-29-2015, 01:28 AM
Come here to post all your thoughts on anything Nets related this season!

http://cdn.pigeonsandplanes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/BKLYNETS-WALL.jpg

Here's to another season with you guys!:cheers:

MTing
10-29-2015, 01:32 AM
I honestly thought this team would be super boring but last nights game against the Bulls was actually more fun to watch that a lot of the games last season. The team is so much more nimble and athletic. We got guys like T-Rob, Larkin, and RHJ who all push the bull and hustle every play. We had bad 1st and 3rd quarters but we actually stuck around with the Bulls for a good amount of the game.

Speaking of RHJ, this kid is going to be good. If he develops a consistent jump shot, I think he will be one of the keys to our future.

gigantes
10-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Here's to another season with you guys!:cheers:
rock on, mate! :rockon:

they had the cavs game on last night, of course. it's going to be a rare thing to be able to catch a nets game when i'm out and about.

but yeah, i prefer having youth and a certain potential over aging talent. i think that is how a team is supposed to rebuild. and PG is obviously going to be a huge thing for us this year... anywhere from an unexpectedly mild success to an absolute disaster.

the bulls are no joke, so i was pleased the game wasn't a blowout or something.

MTing
10-31-2015, 12:54 AM
Ugh Joe's age is really showing this season. Though I guess he went up against 2 elite defenders in Butler and Leonard but he seems to be struggling to get anything going.

Nets fan 93
11-04-2015, 12:24 AM
Joe is struggling big time as well as the newcomer Wayne Ellington. He was signed to make perimeter shots. So far he has nothing!

gigantes
11-04-2015, 02:59 AM
call me crazy, but this could be a decent team after they figure some stuff out.

EDIT: hey MT, did you name this thread "15 - 16" after the number of wins the nets would get this season? that doesn't seem very kind as a nets fan. :(

Kiddlovesnets
11-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Joe Johnson should just die already, what a complete trash.
:banghead:

Nets fan 93
11-06-2015, 02:17 AM
call me crazy, but this could be a decent team after they figure some stuff out.

EDIT: hey MT, did you name this thread "15 - 16" after the number of wins the nets would get this season? that doesn't seem very kind as a nets fan. :(
He's just a realistic fan:oldlol:

But I can't call you crazy because believe so too. As long as their are no injuries. I love the fact Brook passes out of double teams or when he has nothing. That was a big flaw that he looks to have fixed.

Nets fan 93
11-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Battle of the no-win teams tonight. They got the Lakers tonight. Which team makes their fanbase happy tonight?

gigantes
11-06-2015, 07:32 PM
RHJ starting. :rockon:

Kiddlovesnets
11-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Looks like we cant even beat the Lakers. Now I serious wonder if this team can win 15 games this year. Well, at least, fire Billy King, trade Joe Johnson, and dismiss anyone who doesnt want to play.

:sleeping

gigantes
11-07-2015, 05:03 AM
i know, but i still have a feeling-- that this is one of those teams that will be brutal in the early season, then will surprise some people later on.

ND said the other day: "should we panic yet?"

dude... WHAT exactly would be the point of panicking?

our draft picks are already gone.
hardly any team is going to want joe's contract.
brook is not only our best player, but we're scarce at his position already.

there IS nowhere left to panic IMO.
it is what it is.
firing king / hollins creates the same kind of randomness that has hurt this team for years.
fluff that, yo.

Shade8780
11-07-2015, 12:39 PM
I just came here to say this:

Thank you Billy King

Thank you Brooklyn

Welcome, Ben Simmons, to Boston :cheers:

gigantes
11-07-2015, 11:47 PM
hey shade are you aware that?

1) it's a very long season

2) the lottery is called the lottery for a reason

Kiddlovesnets
11-08-2015, 05:57 PM
I just came here to say this:

Thank you Billy King

Thank you Brooklyn

Welcome, Ben Simmons, to Boston :cheers:

I think this is the Nets subforum, you are not supposed to start a flame war. Go back to your Celtics forum and you can celebrate all you want, we do not welcome pure haters.

gigantes
11-14-2015, 07:56 AM
well, at least the nets showed some life the last two games. hopefully the warriors don't massacre them too badly next game.

flash back to the good ol' days:

http://i.imgur.com/IDfXdqQ.gif

Shade8780
11-14-2015, 08:28 AM
hey shade are you aware that?

1) it's a very long season

2) the lottery is called the lottery for a reason
I'm only kidding around :cheers:

So far, the problem with your team is, you have the talent to succeed, but it seems that your guys can't play the 48 minutes. First half, Nets are in the game, second half, turns to shit. What's up with that?

Also, Joe Johnson needs to go. I was an advocate of them trading him to the Cavs during the offseason. You guys make room for young talent like RHJ to play more, as a Celtics fan, it could take a hit on your team short-term (now, I'm not so sure of that), and you actually get some value for him. Now? That ship has sailed and sunk.

gigantes
11-14-2015, 10:06 AM
we'll see. hopefully RHJ soaks up more of joe's minutes as the season goes on, while joe's shot settles down at the same time.

considering joe's only a year+ from being the nets best player, it's hard to think he can't at least be a decent 6th man sooner rather than later.

then you have a playoff bound team that suddenly needs a decent scorer at the trade deadline and/or a team that wants to dump some bad contracts and send some draft picks...

:confusedshrug:

Shade8780
11-14-2015, 12:17 PM
we'll see. hopefully RHJ soaks up more of joe's minutes as the season goes on, while joe's shot settles down at the same time.

considering joe's only a year+ from being the nets best player, it's hard to think he can't at least be a decent 6th man sooner rather than later.

then you have a playoff bound team that suddenly needs a decent scorer at the trade deadline and/or a team that wants to dump some bad contracts and send some draft picks...

:confusedshrug:
Could have been Cleveland is all I'm saying!

Nets fan 93
11-18-2015, 10:48 PM
Beat the Hawks and then lose to the hornets. I love it

gigantes
11-18-2015, 11:37 PM
Beat the Hawks and then lose to the hornets. I love it
back end of a B2B!

hopefully my equipment is not out of order, but sensors are still detecting not so much a horrible team as a good group of guys who needed extra time to come together... which they seem to be doing.

Nets fan 93
11-19-2015, 03:44 PM
back end of a B2B!

hopefully my equipment is not out of order, but sensors are still detecting not so much a horrible team as a good group of guys who needed extra time to come together... which they seem to be doing.
I would say that's true but the hornets were also on a back end of a back to back :/

The nets don't have to be this bad! They have a lot more talent than the 12-70 nets.

gigantes
11-23-2015, 02:12 PM
these last seven games have been encouraging:

a 3-4 record, beating top teams in houston, atlanta and boston while taking the mighty champs to OT...

the development of new players such as larkin, robinson and RHJ...

brook and thad being a rock in the front court...

and all while joe johnson and and bogs have been struggling...

Nets fan 93
11-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Hope my fellow nets fans had a great thanksgiving

MTing
12-07-2015, 05:25 PM
RHJ out indefinitely. Our team is cursed guys.

gigantes
12-08-2015, 03:33 PM
yeah, seems like we've been through this many times before.

RJ's game blows up, then he gets undercut by chauncey billups, tearing ligaments in his wrist (and maybe ankles)... krstic blowing up and then getting injured IIRC... the nets making a STRONG push towards the finals, then kidd's knee falls apart just as they've almost finished the eventual champion detroit pistons in the conference finals... and of course lopez breaking his foot a couple of times.

RHJ was already the core of the defense and an X-factor on O... absolutely crucial to the team along with lopez and young. :facepalm

Nets fan 93
12-09-2015, 01:31 AM
Bojan put up a nice game as the starter tonight and Johnson had a solid game too. Glad to see them two having some success.. Though Marcus Thornton and Corey Brewer went off on them wow..

MTing
12-11-2015, 05:09 AM
Bojan put up a nice game as the starter tonight and Johnson had a solid game too. Glad to see them two having some success.. Though Marcus Thornton and Corey Brewer went off on them wow..
Feel like since we didn't resign Thornton, he's been having good games against us.

Nets fan 93
12-14-2015, 09:41 AM
Feel like since we didn't resign Thornton, he's been having good games against us.
Actually he was traded in a 3 team trade to the Celtics. Nets got Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev

gigantes
12-16-2015, 09:14 AM
dang... bargnani looks like he's reacting to something that happened several minutes earlier:
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/I8k6t4JrQ7g5l5K8bHzxKRBy3cI=/0x0:2108x1405/2400x1600/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/48074091/usa-today-8997425.0.jpg

gigantes
12-16-2015, 11:28 PM
i caught the miami game today (a pretty close loss), and it was the most i've seen the boys play this season.

it was a good game... they showed a lot of character and even some promise... but i still don't understand why hollins keeps giving johnson starter's minutes. it arguably made the difference in this contest. i'd say put him with the 2nd unit where he'll be that much more valuable, and give his spot to virtually anyone. even if the switch cost us some games, it would mean good experience for a younger player.

barney actually showed some value tonight. it's true his body language and energy doesn't exactly impress, but he's so useful, even dangerous, on the offensive end. he only shot 5/11 i think, but at least 1-2 of his misses were due to trying to bail out a busted play.

overall, games like this make me think that the nets are shaping up to be a surprisingly solid team, but that our best players (brook, young, the missing RHJ and maybe even jarrett jack) are not as dominating as other teams' and -that's- possibly the biggest reason why we're going to be a below average team this year.

i disagree with those calling for king's head. his drafts and signings have actually been pretty clever, i think. he's the one who always gets blamed for the big, costly trades and signings, but that's really on the russians AFAIK.

Nets fan 93
12-18-2015, 05:10 AM
i caught the miami game today (a pretty close loss), and it was the most i've seen the boys play this season.

it was a good game... they showed a lot of character and even some promise... but i still don't understand why hollins keeps giving johnson starter's minutes. it arguably made the difference in this contest. i'd say put him with the 2nd unit where he'll be that much more valuable, and give his spot to virtually anyone. even if the switch cost us some games, it would mean good experience for a younger player.

barney actually showed some value tonight. it's true his body language and energy doesn't exactly impress, but he's so useful, even dangerous, on the offensive end. he only shot 5/11 i think, but at least 1-2 of his misses were due to trying to bail out a busted play.

overall, games like this make me think that the nets are shaping up to be a surprisingly solid team, but that our best players (brook, young, the missing RHJ and maybe even jarrett jack) are not as dominating as other teams' and -that's- possibly the biggest reason why we're going to be a below average team this year.

i disagree with those calling for king's head. his drafts and signings have actually been pretty clever, i think. he's the one who always gets blamed for the big, costly trades and signings, but that's really on the russians AFAIK.
I think it is because Johnson is the best playmaker on the team. He at least tries to make up for his poor shooting this season in other areas.

gigantes
12-19-2015, 01:00 AM
i hate to say it, but this post from the brooklyngame was too good:

NETS 97 PACERS 104

Tonight, the Brooklyn Nets _____ (lost/fell/crumbled) in dramatic fashion against the Indiana Pacers. After a _____ (lackluster/brutal/poor) first half, Paul George was ultimately too much for the Eastern Conference cellar-dwellers. The Nets just couldn

MTing
12-21-2015, 03:17 AM
[QUOTE=gigantes]i hate to say it, but this post from the brooklyngame was too good:

NETS 97 PACERS 104

Tonight, the Brooklyn Nets _____ (lost/fell/crumbled) in dramatic fashion against the Indiana Pacers. After a _____ (lackluster/brutal/poor) first half, Paul George was ultimately too much for the Eastern Conference cellar-dwellers. The Nets just couldn

Nets fan 93
12-24-2015, 12:49 PM
So Bojan has a great first half and a solid 3rd qtr and Hollins only plays him for like a minute in the 4th. Hollins said it was a coaches decision and walked away from his interview. Really weird reaction. It was against the Mavericks and Deron didn't only sit out but he didn't even leave the opposing locker room. What a story lol

gigantes
12-24-2015, 08:09 PM
i don't know about hollins' performance in front of a mic or his substitution patterns, but he does seem to be getting above-average seasons out of a number of players. hopefully the team can do like last year and finish out strong.

obviously a bunch of fans are calling for his head, but i don't see the point until the offseason.

i saw someone note bojan's december averages, and they are tremendous. hopefully he's back for good. can't have RHJ back soon enough, either.

MTing
12-26-2015, 02:38 AM
Happy Holidays guys!

Nets fan 93
12-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Happy Holidays guys!
Thanks. Hope you guys had a nice holiday as well. Nets take on the tough miami team tonight, in Miami.

Nets fan 93
01-07-2016, 11:32 PM
I really hope the nets try to get the injury exception from Jarrett jacks injury.

They'd get half of jack's salary in the exception which would be around 3 million dollars.

Nets fan 93
02-08-2016, 11:43 PM
So Joe Johnson's game winner at the buzzer and CMC's debut all in one game... February 8th was a good day.

gigantes
02-09-2016, 10:52 AM
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬
i just need a place to post this.
▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Legends66NBA7
02-25-2016, 12:35 PM
Marc Stein: Joe Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets have opened buyout negotiations

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399237

Legends66NBA7
02-25-2016, 04:24 PM
The Nets have requested waivers on Joe Johnson, GM Sean Marks announced

http://www.nba.com/nets/news/2016/02/25/brooklyn-nets-waive-joe-johnson

[QUOTE]Brooklyn, NY

MTing
02-27-2016, 07:08 PM
Joe is probably my favorite Net since moving to BKN. Always professional, never complained (besides that one time with the tweet), and clutch as hell. I'll be rooting for him in Miami.