PDA

View Full Version : Jahlil Okafor beasted the defensive juggernaut Jared Sullinger today!!!! Did you see!!

WeGetRing2012
10-29-2015, 01:30 AM
That Celtic defense of Tyler Zeller & Sullinger couldn't slow him down!!!! Lead his team to 17 point loss!!! MVP, Rookie of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude is gonna be ROY just like the other greats Tyreke Evans, MCW, and his legendary cousin Emeka Okafor!!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

TripleA
10-29-2015, 01:34 AM
Dangeslow get his shit pushed in by Bricky Rubio
I wonder which one is a greater feat.

WeGetRing2012
10-29-2015, 01:34 AM
Just a crazy game!!

LoneyROY7
10-29-2015, 01:35 AM
:oldlol:

How did D-Ange look tonight?

Mike Armstrong
10-29-2015, 01:49 AM
Sullinger is a defensive juggernaut now?

Hittin_Shots
10-29-2015, 01:50 AM
Well to be fair they were playing the 2nd seed.

Magic 32
10-29-2015, 01:50 AM

Pretty good.

Too bad Bass and Hibbert had stone hands.

hawksdogsbraves
10-29-2015, 01:51 AM
Pretty good.

Too bad Bass and Hibbert had stone hands.

Is getting torched on both ends of the floor by Ricky fking Rubio pretty good now?

And don't say 'it was his first game' because this is a thread making fun of Okafor's first game where he went off for 26 points :oldlol:

WeGetRing2012
10-29-2015, 01:53 AM
Is getting torched on both ends of the floor by Ricky fking Rubio pretty good now?

And don't say 'it was his first game' because this is a thread making fun of Okafor's first game where he went off for 26 points :oldlol:

Russell wasn't even in the game when Rubio went off... We know Russell needs to improve on defense though...

And FYI Okafor isn't that great on D either and struggles to score against elite bigs.

Tking714
10-29-2015, 01:56 AM

On defense he was getting burned. Harden-esque. his turnovers could have been buckets if they were caught. Looked slow bringing the ball up; but tight handle lets him hold onto it with pressure. He's just a slow 19 year old with no muscle. gonna need a few years in the gym

Hittin_Shots
10-29-2015, 01:58 AM
Boston killed them on fast break points which I'm not sure okafor would be in position to prevent..

Kblaze8855
10-29-2015, 02:12 AM
Hes 19 years old....in the NBA...and dropped 26 in his first game showing an impressive variety of moves and finishes. What do you want from him? What exactly would be impressive?

What could this guy who is like 16 months removed from high school have done...to have people hating already....30 minutes into his career?

He was 4 months old when the Fresh Prince of Bel Air ended its final season. He was like 5 on 9/11. Hes never been of age to vote in a presidential election. Hes a KID.

A kid who has played one game...had 26 in it looking very good....and is trying to help his team rebuild.

Why are we already hating?

Tking714
10-29-2015, 02:20 AM
Hes 19 years old....in the NBA...and dropped 26 in his first game showing an impressive variety of moves and finishes. What do you want from him? What exactly would be impressive?

What could this guy who is like 16 months removed from high school have done...to have people hating already....30 minutes into his career?

He was 4 months old when the Fresh Prince of Bel Air ended its final season. He was like 5 on 9/11. Hes never been of age to vote in a presidential election. Hes a KID.

A kid who has played one game...had 26 in it looking very good....and is trying to help his team rebuild.

nah some of us were talking about D'angeslow Russell. Who was unimpressive but also 19 years old and just needs to squat more.

KelticForce1349
10-29-2015, 02:25 AM

Honestly..I think Kblaze is the most mature and most intelligent poster on ISH. :cheers:

Pushxx
10-29-2015, 02:40 AM
Pretty easy to see Okafor is a franchise player...anybody can see that.

bluechox2
10-29-2015, 02:50 AM
in before sixers trade him

Pushxx
10-29-2015, 02:58 AM
in before sixers trade him

I doubt they will. It's more likely they trade Noel.

Noel's permanent lack of range just doesn't fit with Okafor. I'm wondering if Philly is dedicated to building around Okafor. Also, only they know where Embiid really is.

Noel is a special defensive player, though. Needs to take some pages out of Tyson Chandler's book. Noel can be a team-changer like Tyson used to be.

Noel has definitely improved also. He looked a lot more patient and composed. The game has slowed down a lot for him.

BoutPractice
10-29-2015, 05:56 AM
If those rhythm midrange finishes are for real and he can figure out a way to simplify his game down to what works best against NBA defenses, he's going to be an unstoppable offensive force.

If not, there's a risk he turns into a high volume, low efficiency scorer who takes a lot of time to set up, possibly at the expense of teammates.

Regardless, he's already one of the most interesting players to watch in the league. He's got real style...

Giaodollo
10-29-2015, 06:48 AM
I haven't watched a lot of Jahlil, but srs question, what is the difference between him and say someone like Big Al. We know Jahlil will get points, just like Al, but is he really a franschie player?

CeltsGarlic
10-29-2015, 07:00 AM
I watched his game and can tell Im way higher on him that Towns. jahlil rarely does something unnecessary, which is why I like him.

HylianNightmare
10-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Doesn't matter who was guarding him, okafor looked great

Derka
10-29-2015, 08:36 AM
Of the many things you could ascribe to Jared Sullinger and Tyler Zeller, "defensive juggernaut" is most certainly not on the list.

That being said, Okafor has a very VERY well developed post game for a kid with one year of college under his belt. He could be a cornerstone if he keeps improving.

Pushxx
10-29-2015, 08:53 AM
I haven't watched a lot of Jahlil, but srs question, what is the difference between him and say someone like Big Al. We know Jahlil will get points, just like Al, but is he really a franschie player?

Jahlil is a franchise player just like Big Al was before he completely tore his ACL in Minnesota in '08-'09. Big Al was just entering beast mode.

Shredding his knee ruined him. One of the sadder injuries I've seen. Almost Shaun Livingston level.

I see that potential from Okafor.

Mike Armstrong
10-29-2015, 09:48 AM
This guy is going to be special.

Legends66NBA7
10-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Of the many things you could ascribe to Jared Sullinger and Tyler Zeller, "defensive juggernaut" is most certainly not on the list.

That was OP's "point". He's trying to discredit Okafor.

90sgoat
10-29-2015, 10:28 AM
Watching Okafor for me the most important is probably that he looks like a fully developed player already on his post moves. That's big because he will be able to focus on learning the game the right way instead of having to only focus on even being productive.

It's difficult to say which kind of player he will be. To me, one thing which sort of worries me is he seems a little too laid back and chill. Like he doesn't really want to bring his a-game all the time on both offense and defense.

Wally450
10-29-2015, 10:46 AM
Once Okafor polishes up on his already solid post moves. He has potential to easily be the best C in the NBA. Which isn't really saying much considering the state of skill Cs in the league today, but no one will come close to being as good as him IMO.

Dr.J4ever
10-29-2015, 12:36 PM

This is from a tweet. We can verify this if anyone is skeptical, but Oak is in the books as the 2nd highest scoring center in his NBA debut since 1963. No.1 on the list? KaJ with 29 points.

So there, just for perspective.

hawksdogsbraves
10-29-2015, 12:48 PM

Lakers fans are going to hate Okafor for life because after one game they realize they made a big mistake in the draft.

noob cake
10-29-2015, 02:21 PM
Lakers fans are going to hate Okafor for life because after one game they realize they made a big mistake in the draft.

Towns/Kentucky fans also hate him

GOBB
10-29-2015, 03:48 PM
I doubt they will. It's more likely they trade Noel.

Noel's permanent lack of range just doesn't fit with Okafor. I'm wondering if Philly is dedicated to building around Okafor. Also, only they know where Embiid really is.

Noel is a special defensive player, though. Needs to take some pages out of Tyson Chandler's book. Noel can be a team-changer like Tyson used to be.

Noel has definitely improved also. He looked a lot more patient and composed. The game has slowed down a lot for him.

Noel does everything Okafor weakness are. Block/alter shots, weak side defense, rebound. Granted Okafor length will help him block shots but you should understand what I mean by shot blocking ability in comparison of the two. I wouldn't label Okafor a rim protector, defensive anchor which Noel is.

Noel hit a jumper last night. But he also was reluctant to take them when he had the shot available. Brett said he has green light to let them go but Noel doesn't look comfortable so far. Hopefully by seasons end he is and we can determine if that part of his game is something that can help or it's just not going to exist.

Thing is you place a face up 4 next to Okafor they must be strong in rebounding/defense. How many face up 4's in the NBA have these traits? You can place a Ryan Anderson next to Okafor then we are sitting here talkin about the defense/rebounding. So I mean eh, I think these two can work together.

A willing and good passer is the difference. As a big man if you can do these things you are ahead of others who can not. Al Jefferson is something who could not. Black hole.

hawksdogsbraves
10-29-2015, 04:40 PM

Eh Towns looks good and put up 14/10 last night, Minny fans are probably still ok.

dhsilv
10-29-2015, 06:31 PM

I'm a huge UK fan. I don't hate him anymore than any other Duke player outside of that one guy....

Honestly hope he does well in the NBA.

dhsilv
10-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Eh Towns looks good and put up 14/10 last night, Minny fans are probably still ok.

I doubt anyone EXPECTS Towns to be better this year anyway.