PDA

View Full Version : Does kawhi have potential to win mvp this season?

NZStreetBaller
10-29-2015, 05:02 AM
He already is a problem for anyone matched up against him. Including durant and lebron.
Hes won defensive player of the year already.
He plays for the spurs which could easily get the number 1 seed.

But the biggest x factor here is his offensive game and improved alot!!!

And he aint shy about it.
Has no problem going iso.
His mid range jumper was great.
Got no ego problems
And he plays well within a team.

If he can stay above 25ppgish i think he'll take it.

All Net
10-29-2015, 05:20 AM
It's one game, let's see if he can keep this up first

keep-itreal
10-29-2015, 05:21 AM
The problem he had last season was he was inconsistent. Let's see what happens this season

warriorfan
10-29-2015, 05:33 AM
He already is a problem for anyone matched up against him. Including durant and lebron.
Hes won defensive player of the year already.
He plays for the spurs which could easily get the number 1 seed.

But the biggest x factor here is his offensive game and improved alot!!!

And he aint shy about it.
Has no problem going iso.
His mid range jumper was great.
Got no ego problems
And he plays well within a team.

If he can stay above 25ppgish i think he'll take it.

Yes.

NZStreetBaller
10-29-2015, 05:47 AM
U guys cant argue his offense game has improved alot and he looks very willing to utilize it.

Leroy Jetson
10-29-2015, 06:04 AM
He looked amazing tonight but obviously this is just one game. I think this is the year he makes the all star game. He might be in the MVP voting but I think it's still too early to see him as a big time contender. Hope he proves me wrong. Once Pop gets this team worked out Spurs are gonna be scary good.

Gileraracer
10-29-2015, 06:14 AM
This first game was quite impressive, his offensive game was average last year. If he keeps up this O he will be in the conversation.

LongLiveTheKing
10-29-2015, 06:27 AM
No way. Wait until he makes an all-star team first.

dabigbaws
10-29-2015, 07:13 AM
Lol. No. I'm not sure if he is physically capable of passing the ball.

MellowYellow
10-29-2015, 07:45 AM
His stats will be 20 7 2 On 47/35/79 so nope

!@#$%Vectors!@#
10-29-2015, 07:47 AM
Perhaps but I doubt it under POp minutes and rules.

Paul George 24
10-29-2015, 08:13 AM
His stats will be 20 7 2 On 47/35/79 so nope
SOMEONE IS SCARED

T_L_P
10-29-2015, 08:16 AM
Seems unlikely.

For him to win it, the Spurs would need a top two seed and Kawhi would have to score at least 22-23 PPG, which I don't see happening.

GIF REACTION
10-29-2015, 10:01 AM
He absolutely schooled Durant tonight

BlakFrankWhite
10-29-2015, 10:03 AM
Kawhi career best: 32 pts

Durant average for the ENTIRE 2013-14 season: 32.0 ppg

Mike Armstrong
10-29-2015, 10:11 AM
I think he has a chance.

Nuff Said
10-29-2015, 10:12 AM
Kawhi career best: 32 pts

Durant average for the ENTIRE 2013-14 season: 32.0 ppg
Durant, decent D some nights. Kawhi DPOY.

MellowYellow
10-29-2015, 10:39 AM
SOMEONE IS SCARED
Scared of what? Melo will take him to school early on Monday.

NBAplayoffs2001
10-29-2015, 11:02 AM
He's not a type of guy whose going for 25+ a night so no. I would argue Duncan was able to win the 2003 MVP because a lot of the Spurs teams back then had equally amazing defense but not as good of an offense. Kawhi doesn't need to carry them offensively so I doubt he can get MVP type numbers.

His jumper though is very very underrated. It's really solid and way better than what he came in with as a rookie.

DMAVS41
10-29-2015, 11:36 AM
No, because they have too many options to go to if he's not having a good game.

MVP's often are gonna get around 20 shots and a ton of usage possessions regardless of how well they are playing...

But the dude is a complete stud and I'm really not sure there are more than like 3 or 4 players more valuable than him in the world at this point.

90sgoat
10-29-2015, 12:00 PM
No, because they have too many options to go to if he's not having a good game.

MVP's often are gonna get around 20 shots and a ton of usage possessions regardless of how well they are playing...

But the dude is a complete stud and I'm really not sure there are more than like 3 or 4 players more valuable than him in the world at this point.

Yes. I would say if Kawhi needs to score 25 a game then the Spurs are not doing good. They do have a 20ppg scorer more in LMA and a 15ppg in David West along with another 15 ppg in Parker and maybe even Green/Duncan.

Actually, I thought the game showed some of the difficulties the Spurs will face getting the new players integrated. Both LMA and West work far better from the post in an iso setting than in a fast flowing passing offense. This doesn't mean it can be done, after all Duncan also posts quite a lot in the playoffs, but that's also the problem. Duncan also should eat come playoff time, and then you have him, LMA and Kawhi to divide among along with Parker who should also get shots.

I hope Pop finds a way, but I don't think they can just plug and play these new pieces into their existing offense. They need to find a new balance and alter their offense slightly.

Paul George 24
10-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Scared of what? Melo will take him to school early on Monday.
STOP DREAMING :lol

Paul George 24
10-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Yes. I would say if Kawhi needs to score 25 a game then the Spurs are not doing good. They do have a 20ppg scorer more in LMA and a 15ppg in David West along with another 15 ppg in Parker and maybe even Green/Duncan.

Actually, I thought the game showed some of the difficulties the Spurs will face getting the new players integrated. Both LMA and West work far better from the post in an iso setting than in a fast flowing passing offense. This doesn't mean it can be done, after all Duncan also posts quite a lot in the playoffs, but that's also the problem. Duncan also should eat come playoff time, and then you have him, LMA and Kawhi to divide among along with Parker who should also get shots.

I hope Pop finds a way, but I don't think they can just plug and play these new pieces into their existing offense. They need to find a new balance and alter their offense slightly.

BUT IT'S A GD CHANCE FOR LEONARD DEVELOPED HIS OFFENSIVE SKILLS TO GET BETTER & BETTER ,SO I DUN MIND :applause: