PDA

View Full Version : Russell or Mudiay, better debut?

senelcoolidge
10-29-2015, 12:32 PM
These guys are supposed to be the future stars of the league, who had the better NBA debut?

JohnMax
10-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Ricky Rubio

TemporaMutantur
10-29-2015, 12:36 PM
Hmmmmm, let's think..

A near triple double v. four points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists.

Granted Mudiay had playoff Harden turnovers, but his team still won by 20.

So let's go with Mudiay. :rockon:

NBAplayoffs2001
10-29-2015, 12:39 PM
Besides the turnovers, Mudiay looked great last night. His jumper isn't nearly as broken as it was claimed to be. He shot his usual 50% ft range though. He can shoot 75% from 3 but shoots free throws like Shaq :lol

Levity
10-29-2015, 12:41 PM
i dont get what scott is trying to do. He's starting russel, but is having him play off the ball. thats not his strength. thats not why the team drafted him. he doesnt move well off the ball (yet). so why play him in the first unit? youre just wasting a starting spot having him play a role that doesnt suit him.

might as well move him to the 2nd unit and allow him to run the offense. it's the best way to have him work to meet his potential. but im certainly not sold on starting huertas over him, mainly due to his lack of defense. kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place

NBAplayoffs2001
10-29-2015, 12:43 PM
i dont get what scott is trying to do. He's starting russel, but is having him play off the ball. thats not his strength. thats not why the team drafted him. he doesnt move well off the ball (yet). so why play him in the first unit? youre just wasting a starting spot having him play a role that doesnt suit him.

might as well move him to the 2nd unit and allow him to run the offense. it's the best way to have him work to meet his potential. but im certainly not sold on starting huertas over him, mainly due to his lack of defense. kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place

Agreed. I saw Russell play off ball. I watched the first quarter of the game only and Russell seemed so lost and his body language definitely wasn't good. No one really passed him the ball for the first few minutes. There was one brick that Kobe threw up when Deangelo cut to the basket with his defender on his back. Easy inside look but Kobe ignores him.

hawksdogsbraves
10-29-2015, 12:46 PM

Kobe is going to have the ball in his hands most of the time when he's in, that's just a fact, not a knock on him. Picking and trying to develop a PG while Kobe is still on the team was a dumb move, though not as dumb as passing on Okafor in the first place.

NBAplayoffs2001
10-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Kobe is going to have the ball in his hands most of the time when he's in, that's just a fact, not a knock on him. Picking and trying to develop a PG while Kobe is still on the team was a dumb move, though not as dumb as passing on Okafor in the first place.

Yeah. Okafor was their best bet. Okafor is probably already better than that bum, Hibbert.

PP34Deuce
10-29-2015, 12:47 PM
One guy (Mudjiay) has an NBA ready body and one looks very much like a 19 year old.

Russell needs a solid weight room regiment because I see him going the JJ redick route. He's more talented than JJ but JJ was so weak when he hit the league. Russell has the looks of a solid starting PG but he's no superstar to me.

peak will be 16-17ppg 5 and 9 asisst player. Very good but not a superstar. Defense will never be great.

KOBEtherealKing
10-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Yeah. Okafor was their best bet. Okafor is probably already better than that bum, Hibbert.

Jo is better. Hibbert is slow and has no vertical. But Jo probably would'nt have been seeing the ball either with so many ball handlers I mean even Julius is bringing the ball up.

KungFuJoe
10-29-2015, 03:18 PM
Russell ain't gonna do SHIT as long as Kobe is still on the team.

KungFuJoe
10-29-2015, 03:18 PM
LAKERS ain't gonna do SHIT as long as Kobe is still on the team.

FTFM