PDA

View Full Version : Sweden: Refugees refused to leave a bus for three days because 'it's too cold'

UK2K
10-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Should refugees trying to 'escape conflict' be able to choose their safe haven?

Authorities in Sweden had to remove a group of refugees from a bus after they had refused to leave for three days because of the cold. The 14 refugees, all from Syria and Iraq, had been taken to Limedsforsen to stay while their asylum claims were assessed.

When they arrived in the village, they said it was too isolated and cold and asked to be taken elsewhere. Swedish Migration Agency spokeswoman Maria Lofgren told ITV it was the bus company who called the authorities after the group refused to move into the wooden chalets they were supposed to stay in.

Sweden has a population of roughly 10 million (off the top of my head) and are expecting to take in nearly 200,000 refugees.

The problem is, its only warm (relative term) in the southern cities. Obviously the southern shores can't accommodate them all, so now what?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sweden-refugees-refused-leave-bus-three-days-because-its-too-cold-1526307

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/29/refugees-refusing-leave-bus-too-cold-sweden-removed

[QUOTE]The group refusing to get off the bus have complained about being in a forest dozens of kilometres from the nearest town, and many of them have demanded to be taken to a big city, or even to Germany.

n00bie
10-30-2015, 12:03 PM
Should refugees trying to 'escape conflict' be able to choose their safe haven?

Sweden has a population of roughly 10 million (off the top of my head) and are expecting to take in nearly 200,000 refugees.

The problem is, its only warm (relative term) in the southern cities. Obviously the southern shores can't accommodate them all, so now what?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sweden-refugees-refused-leave-bus-three-days-because-its-too-cold-1526307

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/29/refugees-refusing-leave-bus-too-cold-sweden-removed

So, obviously, safety isn't what they're seeking, cause they're safe right where they are.

What do you do?

Send them back to fight for their own country. :coleman:

BurningHammer
10-30-2015, 12:07 PM
These freakin' idiots never realize they are freakin' beggars. :facepalm

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 12:10 PM
I wonder how many of them are actually Syrian. I feel like a real Syrian who experienced the shitty civil war and had their family and friends be blown up with bombs wouldn't be so spoiled like that and would be grateful to be safe.

Wait for the Guardian to write an article about how sending refuges to cold climates is "racist, islamophobic, inhumane, and imperialist" and all refuges have the inherent right to warm weather in Malaga, Majorca and Ibiza.

NumberSix
10-30-2015, 12:17 PM
I wonder how many of them are actually Syrian. I feel like a real Syrian who experienced the shitty civil war and had their family and friends be blown up with bombs wouldn't be so spoiled like that and would be grateful to be safe.

Wait for the Guardian to write an article about how sending refuges to cold climates is "racist, islamophobic, inhumane, and imperialist" and all refuges have the inherent right to warm weather in Malaga, Majorca and Ibiza.
I hear North Africa is warm.

imdaman99
10-30-2015, 03:29 PM
I suppose it's humane to throw a bunch of 'beggars' out into the cold because it's not like the cold can kill you right?

Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess.

GIF REACTION
10-30-2015, 03:32 PM
I suppose it's humane to throw a bunch of 'beggars' out into the cold because it's not like the cold can kill you right?

Oh shut the **** up pixie dust

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 03:35 PM

They are going to be given free heated housing by the government.

Yes, it's very humane to give some one a heated home for free, not to mention free food and travel to that home.

imdaman99
10-30-2015, 03:55 PM
They are going to be given free heated housing by the government.

Yes, it's very humane to give some one a heated home for free, not to mention free food and travel to that home.
Well that is humane. I was just saying, it's not easy to go from warm weather to cold weather. I don't know if they brought their ski parkas with them.

Also, OP is just searching for articles like this. It's not a big deal. Ppl complain over anything, I have complained about Melo over the years, will anyone write an article about Knicks fans complaining over Melo? Complaining is hardly biting the hand that feeds you.

dunksby
10-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Sweden is garden of Eden compared to where they came from even at -30'c.

NumberSix
10-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Well that is humane. I was just saying, it's not easy to go from warm weather to cold weather. I don't know if they brought their ski parkas with them.

Also, OP is just searching for articles like this. It's not a big deal. Ppl complain over anything, I have complained about Melo over the years, will anyone write an article about Knicks fans complaining over Melo? Complaining is hardly biting the hand that feeds you.
Don't you think they should have thought of that before marching north? I mean, did they really believe they would all be greeted with free houses and money?

oarabbus
10-30-2015, 04:29 PM
Eh, Europe deserves whatever shit comes their way. They colonized and invaded countries all over, and now cry butthurt tears when refugees do the same to them. Cry more.

NumberSix
10-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Eh, Europe deserves whatever shit comes their way. They colonized and invaded countries all over, and now cry butthurt tears when refugees do the same to them. Cry more.
Yeah, but if these are the standards we're going to go by, the Middle East and North Africa spent the previous 900 years before that attacking and occupying European land. So wasn't been colonized by Europeans just "shit coming their way" that they deserved?

Oh, but lemme guess. When we play the "who did what first" game, time starts at around 1600. Nothing before that counts. Amiright?

QuebecBaller
10-30-2015, 05:00 PM
http://3.images.southparkstudios.com/blogs/southparkstudios.com/files/2014/07/0701-GETOUT.jpg

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 05:11 PM

Do you think Sweden just sent them to the frozen north in their clothes they wore Syria? You really think Sweden would do that, after allowing all these people in as refuges and giving them free everything?

This is ingrateful, spoiled, entitled behavior no matter how you spin it.

oarabbus
10-30-2015, 05:15 PM
Yeah, but if these are the standards we're going to go by, the Middle East and North Africa spent the previous 900 years before that attacking and occupying European land. So wasn't been colonized by Europeans just "shit coming their way" that they deserved?

Oh, but lemme guess. When we play the "who did what first" game, time starts at around 1600. Nothing before that counts. Amiright?

No, you're not right. The Middle Easterners and North Africans got what they deserved after 1600AD. It's just coming back full circle now.

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 05:16 PM
No, you're not right. The Middle Easterners and North Africans got what they deserved after 1600+. It's just coming back full circle now.
Who is the grand arbiter of justice?

oarabbus
10-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Who is the grand arbiter of justice?

There is no grand arbiter. There are only Middle Easterners/North Africans upset when they were invaded long ago, and Europeans crying about refugees today. :cry:

Lebowski
10-30-2015, 06:08 PM
There are similar stories to this one.

We have a shortage of places for all these people to live, there is currently a "housing-bubble" looming so it's not like the bigger cities just have hundreds of free houses/apartments ready. Add to that, we have morons torching designated housings for refugees which obviously doesn't help..

Some will have to accept being "shipped up north". You can live here, I do. I wish they do because situations like this when it ends up in the media puts fuel on all the wrong fires.

SexSymbol
10-30-2015, 08:32 PM
hopefully most of these idiots die horrible deaths