PDA

View Full Version : Poor white boys get 'a worse start in life' says equality report

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 12:46 PM
If you're white, male and poor enough to qualify for a free meal at school then you face the toughest challenge when starting out in life.

That's what the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) has said in "the most comprehensive review ever carried out on progress towards greater equality in Britain".

The suggestion is because white male poor pupils do worse at school their chances of getting good jobs is reduced.

The EHRC, an organisation set up to get rid of discrimination, defines anyone who qualifies for a free school meal as poor.
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/346C/production/_86402431_e65063ec-2150-49ed-ac55-06ba7c4f789a.jpg

1. Poor white boys got the worst results overall

2. White pupils in general did worse than all other race groups

3. Chinese pupils among boys and girls did the best

Each group did see improvements in their results over the five year period, but white boys saw the least improvements which suggests they are being left behind, according to the EHRC.

Here's another chart:
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/5B7C/production/_86402432_971ea4a1-7f10-4062-b831-cd6a952833a0.jpg

Again this shows students divided into race and gender groups but these are the results of students wealthy enough not to require free school meals.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34667100/poor-white-boys-get-a-worse-start-in-life-says-equality-report

No white boys left behind.

DeuceWallaces
10-30-2015, 12:51 PM
So, in Britain, moderately poor white kids are dumber than poor minorities and of those who are really poor (free lunch) they are about as dumb as their counterparts (except Asians)?

NumberSix
10-30-2015, 01:12 PM
It would be easier to understand the situation if there were separate categories for native English and immigrants from other EU countries instead of counting all of them as "white".

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 01:18 PM
So, in Britain, moderately poor white kids are dumber than poor minorities and of those who are really poor (free lunch) they are about as dumb as their counterparts (except Asians)?
That is certainly a racially insensitive and classist way to look at it, but essentially yes.

DonDadda59
10-30-2015, 01:22 PM
Sounds like young White boys in the UK forgot to unpack their invisible knapsacks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K63M1oMjfgA) :facepalm

DeuceWallaces
10-30-2015, 01:23 PM
That is certainly a racially insensitive and classist way to look at it, but essentially yes.

This report doesn't say anything, and certainly doesn't support whatever stupid white agenda you hope it does.

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 01:28 PM
This report doesn't say anything, and certainly doesn't support whatever stupid white agenda you hope it does.
What's with all the straw man arguments and attempts at character assassination, brahstein?

Nanners
10-30-2015, 01:31 PM
you should look up the definition of "straw man" and "character assassination" you know-nothing shit for brains art school dropout (that was character assassination)

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 01:42 PM
you should look up the definition of "straw man" and "character assassination" you know-nothing shit for brains art school dropout (that was character assassination)
Plastering a "stupid white agenda" on me is a character assassination.

He built a straw man and then shot it down.

Nanners
10-30-2015, 01:44 PM
nah "stupid white agenda" is actually a pretty nonbiased and accurate way of describing your useless twaddle

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 02:00 PM
nah "stupid white agenda" is actually a pretty nonbiased and accurate way of describing your useless twaddle
There is no need to resort to logical fallacies.

NumberSix
10-30-2015, 02:01 PM
What is a "stupid white agenda" and how is Nick Young participating in one? :confusedshrug:

stalkerforlife
10-30-2015, 02:46 PM
You don't want to be white in 2015.

Unless you're rich, hung, or good looking. Then maybe.

But the average white person is the most ostracized and hated person in America.

nathanjizzle
10-30-2015, 03:16 PM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/346C/production/_86402431_e65063ec-2150-49ed-ac55-06ba7c4f789a.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34667100/poor-white-boys-get-a-worse-start-in-life-says-equality-report

this isnt credible research at all :roll: they put "asians" and "chinese" as separate races. Thats some kind of sick joke right? I wouldnt be surprised if the "genius" who did these analytics mistakenly switched up blacks with whites, or even more so miscalculated something greatly.

Nick Young
10-30-2015, 03:32 PM
this isnt credible research at all :roll: they put "asians" and "chinese" as separate races. Thats some kind of sick joke right? I wouldnt be surprised if the "genius" who did these analytics mistakenly switched up blacks with whites, or even more so miscalculated something greatly.

So you're saying the Equality and Human Rights Commission isn't credible? Ok.

When British people say Asians, they mean Indians, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, and Sri Lankans.

I don't know what their PC term for East Asians is, I guess it's Chinese. In UK, the National Union of Students, the most PC organization in the country, all non-white students are considered "black". The concept of putting labels on people is retarded. And the UK is retarded when it comes to putting labels on people.

Akrazotile
10-30-2015, 03:48 PM

When British people say Asians, they mean Indians, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis, and Sri Lankans.

I don't know what their PC term for East Asians is, I guess it's Chinese. In UK, the National Union of Students, the most PC organization in the country, all non-white students are considered "black". The concept of putting labels on people is retarded. And the UK is retarded when it comes to putting labels on people.

It probably isnt, tbh.

ISHGoat
10-30-2015, 04:00 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Imagine this happening in America:

"What race are you?"
- White
- Black
- Hispanic
- Mexican

warriorfan
10-30-2015, 04:24 PM
White people are the biggest whiners, by far.

NumberSix
10-30-2015, 04:25 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Imagine this happening in America:

"What race are you?"
- White
- Black
- Hispanic
- Mexican
Well, they do do it. For some reason, native Americans who speak Spanish are "Hispanics".